• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Poppant:

Name: Poppant
Suitable for the Subspace Army: Sure, why not?

Poppants were rare enemies in the Subspace Army, and were also the cutest. Throwing gifts and running away were their main form of attack. Despite being nobody's pick for a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, they have received the honor of being one of the few Subspace Army members to return in the Smash Run mode, thus disconfirming them as playable characters.​

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
@ APC99 APC99 I've got Chespin, Gogoat, Elec Man and Lakitu. Just not now... so tired...:tired:

EDIT: Oh, and here's something cool.
Deconfirmed Characters Roster.png

All deconfirmed characters that have Roster Maker icons, and I'll continue to update it in the future.

EDIT 2: Well, I've finished Chespin, and I also claim Dr. Wright, if he hasn't been already.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
@ APC99 APC99 I've got Chespin, Gogoat, Elec Man and Lakitu. Just not now... so tired...:tired:

View attachment 11967
All deconfirmed characters that have Roster Maker icons, and I'll continue to update it in the future.

EDIT 2: Well, I've finished Chespin, and I also claim Dr. Wright, if he hasn't been already.
Golly gee, I'll give you Chespin and Dr. Wright. But no more for the moment, I'm trying to ask others to assist as well so that there's a huge diversity in users helping.

BTW DivineDeity is writing Shotzo :troll:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Golly gee, I'll give you Chespin and Dr. Wright. But no more for the moment, I'm trying to ask others to assist as well so that there's a huge diversity in users helping.

BTW DivineDeity is writing Shotzo :troll:
Chespin is on the *ERRHEMMM* place already. :colorful:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Here's one for the "Big Ones"...

[collapse="Meowth"]

Meowth (Pokemon Red & Blue, 1996)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014​

Meowth is the Scratch Cat Pokemon. It is one of the more popular and famous Pokemon. It is best-known for its recurring role in the Pokemon anime as Team Rocket's lovable mascot. It is one of two 1st gen Pokemon to still appear in the anime consistently (the other is Pikachu, obviously). Its signature move, Pay Day, is useful for making extra money outside trainer battles and selling items at Poke Marts. Unfortunately for the Meowth fans, Meowth was disconfirmed for the fourth time during the Smash Direct despite 15 years of support. It was seen using Pay Day to attack enemies with koban coins. Many fans were grateful that Meowth, at least, still appears as a summonable Pokemon who gets into action instead of being a lifeless trophy. Meowth's dream of being a star is just that... a dream.

[/collapse]

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Tom Nook

He was one of the side characters in Animal Crossing, an innocent, raccon merchant whom first gave you a house to pay with debt in the beginning of the first three Animal Crossing games. He was your go-to buying eye catching furniture while grooming the room with his broom. He gave you the tools to dig fossils, catch bugs, and chop down trees. Unfortunately, during this Smash Direct, he was confirmed as a part of Villager's Final Smash. Maybe one day, he'll be playable in Smash 6, one can hope.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Although I knew the Kritters wouldn't have been playable, I'm just glad a Kremling showed up in SSB4.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Bulborb:
Bulborb.png

Olimar's Notes
Red Bulborb
Oculus kageyamii russus

" It seems that while I will be participating in yet another Smash Bros. tournament, I will be joined by what I would consider my nemesis, the Red Bulborb. However, instead of being in the actual tournament, I will have to face those vile Grub-Dogs in the Smash Run competition. From what I've heard, the Red Bulborbs were never likely picks for the tournament, but they were able to get chosen for this new challenge. It will be nice to watch some of the other fighters here battle them."-Captain Olimar

Last edited:

Arcticbanana

Smash Rookie
I don't understand the point of this thread. Every time something gets confirmed, people act like it's deconfirmed. Honestly, who even thought 90% of these characters had a chance anyway? Mr. Saturn? Wii balance board? What the heck? This thread is literally all the confirmed things in this game. What's the point!? These things are in the game!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't understand the point of this thread. Every time something gets confirmed, people act like it's deconfirmed. Honestly, who even thought 90% of these characters had a chance anyway? Mr. Saturn? Wii balance board? What the heck? This thread is literally all the confirmed things in this game. What's the point!? These things are in the game!
The purpose of this thread is to be a graveyard for the characters who did not get the playable treatment, along with their origin stories.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I know, right? But I think they are mostly referring to assist trophies, background characters, and pokemon not being actual characters. But yet I agree with you on the items part. I am pretty lost on that one.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Even if there's some odd choices to select groups, there's still many key characters that are DCed/on Life Support that have reasons for being here. This thread is here for said reason to keep it in one place.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
This thread is basically a final send-off to disconfirmed characters. Make the fans feel a bit better. Sure a few characters are pretty random, but every character has at least one fan. Which is why I'm writing obituaries for Poppant, Bulborb, and Chandelure. Speaking of which...

Chandelure:

Chandelure in Smash4.png

Chandelure
Pokémon #609
Ghost/Fire type
Luring Pokémon

Chandelure is a Ghost/Fire type Pokémon first found in the Unova region. Its pre-evolutions are Litwick and Lampent, which are also based on light sources. Chandelure is known for burning up spirits and hypnotizing its unfortunate victims. While it is a decently popular 5th Generation Pokémon, most people felt it wasn't ideal for Smash, due to the lack of arms or legs. While it won't be a playable character, Chandelure will appear as an enemy in the Smash Run mode in Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS, marking its first appearance in a Super Smash Bros. game.​

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I seriously going to laugh when balloon fighter gets revealed.
In your dreams :awesome:

Here is Gordo, @ APC99 APC99

Gordo.

Gordo is an obstacle and sometimes a weapon in the Kirby Series.
Gordo is an enemy, but he doesn't really hunt the player. He can't be defeated by anything, and Kirby can't inhale him; all he can do is avoid this foe or force him down to a pit or out of play. Gordos are also used as weapons by certain bosses.

In Brawl, Gordos, Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos were projectiles in King Dedede's Side Special, Waddle Dee Toss.

In Smash 4, Gordos are the only projectile that King Dedede can throw with his Side Special, Gordos also appear in Smash Run as enemies/obstacles.

And sorry, I'm a little busy and lazy to do the image of the OP XD , but I will do it soon :D

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
remember just because mii appears in a stage does not do anything to his probabilty, evidence: rob in brawl and toon link. ( and of course ridley a man can dream :( )

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The purpose of this thread is to be a graveyard for the characters who did not get the playable treatment, along with their origin stories.
This as well as attempt to quarantine at least some of the whining that happens when certain characters are disconfirmed.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Two character I didn't see on the assist trophies column are samurai goroh and saki. They were disconfirmed on the 8th.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Name: Meloetta
Series: Pokemon (2012)
Deconfirmed: 4/8/2014

Ah beloved Meloetta, such a great idea of incorporating transformations and song for combat on part with Zelda and Jiggs. You had such a wonderful design for an androgynous legendary and a kawaii voice on par with Miku. Now that you are a Pokeball, it's the time for you to accept your fate as a Pokeball Pokemon. R.I.P. Wondrus Melody (Meloetta). 2012-2014

KingBroly

Smash Lord

View attachment 11967

Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Sheik shouldn't be on here. Technicalities, sure. But it gives people the wrong idea.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Sheik shouldn't be on here. Technicalities, sure. But it gives people the wrong idea.
It gives people the idea that Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS isn't happening. I'm not saying those characters are cut, so it's staying.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Two character I didn't see on the assist trophies column are samurai goroh and saki. They were disconfirmed on the 8th.
Just did Goroh's myself.

Samurai Goroh (F-Zero, 1990)

For many years F-Zero fans and Smash fans alike have commented on how F-Zero is one of the few original IPs to only have one character on the Smash Roster. Amongst the F-Zero cast, Samurai Goroh was one of the most popular choices, and ranked well in Smash polls alongside fellow potential F-Zero newcomer Black Shadow.

He appeared in Melee in the opening sequence alongside Ridley and Wolf, leading many to believe they were unlockable characters. Sadly this was not the case.

In Brawl Goroh was one of the very first Assist Trophies to be shown and the first major deconfirmation of a character(Nintendog and Hammer Bro were the only two Assists revealed before him)

People hoping for Samurai Goroh to finally join his long term rival were dismayed to see he was revealed at the direct as the Assist Trophy to show off the technical differences between playable characters and Assist Trophies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Debut Game: Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi (April 20, 1990)
Disconfirmation: April 8, 2014 Nintendo Direct (Trophy)

Here lies Tiki, Princess of the Divine Dragons, daughter of the Divine Dragon Naga.

One of the more important and recurring characters in the Fire Emblem series, Tiki has appeared in Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi, Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~, and Fire Emblem: Awakening as a playable unit of the Manakete class. Being a Manakete, she has the ability to transform into a powerful dragon to battle (the dragon in the trophy above is simply another form of Tiki). Having lived for over 2000 years, she has fought with and befriended heroes from Marth, the legendary Hero King, to Chrom, Exalt of the halidom. Despite her impressive resume in a series with notoriously few recurring characters, Tiki will not be joining her beloved Mar-Mar as a playable character in these installments of the Super Smash Bros. series.

Into slumber she returns. May she rest well.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master

View attachment 11967

WHY DOESN'T ISABELLE HAVE A NOSE? :o

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Debut Game: Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi (April 20, 1990)
Disconfirmation: April 8, 2014 Nintendo Direct (Trophy)

Here lies Tiki, Princess of the Divine Dragons, daughter of the Divine Dragon Naga.

One of the more important and recurring characters in the Fire Emblem series, Tiki has appeared in Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi, Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~, and Fire Emblem: Awakening as a playable unit of the Manakete class. Being a Manakete, she has the ability to transform into a powerful dragon to battle (the dragon in the trophy above is simply another form of Tiki). Having lived for over 2000 years, she has fought with and befriended heroes from Marth, the legendary Hero King, to Chrom, Exalt of the halidom. Despite her impressive resume in a series with notoriously few recurring characters, Tiki will not be joining her beloved Mar-Mar as a playable character in these installments of the Super Smash Bros. series.

Into slumber she returns. May she rest well.
If she had a kid in someone's FE:A game, then she probably had to look after the newborn.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I think it is bullcrap ridley isn't in the graveyard. He was literally shown during the boss section of the direct. A GIANT FREAKING SHADOW TOO BIG TO BE A PLAYABLE CHARACTER was on pyrosphere. He needs to be put as deconfirmed, seriously.
I don't know, Ridley's animation was a bit too stiff for a boss character. Ridley in Brawl had extremely fluid movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom