• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I never realistically expected Midna, but I was still bummed when I saw she's only an assist trophy :(

At least she got some love though!

Where is she in the OP?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
What if Pokemon Trainer ended up being a playable character on his own. Everyone would lose it, no Mewtwo but playable Red.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't think Fi ever really had a chance, but Fi wasn't confirmed or deconfirmed.
Fi was deconfirmed the moment she appeared as a trophy before being shown playable. Only characters shown on the website are playable, according to Sakurai. Any character shown as a trophy first is deconfirmed.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I think it is bullcrap ridley isn't in the graveyard. He was literally shown during the boss section of the direct. A GIANT FREAKING SHADOW TOO BIG TO BE A PLAYABLE CHARACTER was on pyrosphere. He needs to be put as deconfirmed, seriously.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I think it is bullcrap ridley isn't in the graveyard. He was literally shown during the boss section of the direct. A GIANT FREAKING SHADOW TOO BIG TO BE A PLAYABLE CHARACTER was on pyrosphere. He needs to be put as deconfirmed, seriously.
Until Sakurai shows Ridley himself and says, "Ridley is a boss." there is still a chance of playability. Besides, Mega Mushroom.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Now now, no flaming. We have no verbal proof of his disconfirmation yet, or even solid physical disconfirmation, so not in the Graveyard yet. ^w^

nessokman

Smash Lord
Now now, no flaming. We have no verbal proof of his disconfirmation yet, or even solid physical disconfirmation, so not in the Graveyard yet. ^w^
Until Sakurai shows Ridley himself and says, "Ridley is a boss." there is still a chance of playability. Besides, Mega Mushroom.
Yes, because a giant freaking dragon shaped shadow that is OBVIOUSLY too big to be a fighter's on the stage where it was stated "An enemy from samus' past" would appear AND was shown during a boss section.

Read that three times, that shadow literally makes two or more things be against ridley for deconfirmation

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Don't start any flame wars in here, please. Ridley's an issue not only because it wasn't confirmed as either playable or boss, only Saku-trolled, but there's also 3 Ridleys in the canon.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Understood. I'll handle the other 3.

Also, anyone known how to structure your post to get rid of those annoying duplicate spoiler tags?
Actually, I believe the King Kihunter and Pseudo-Palutena are still available, I believe someone is working on Tiki (@Pacack).

I'm going to organize a list of people to quickly show which ones I need still:

Taken ones (Requests have been asked for those in bold, those italicized are completed):

@ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof : Sandbag & Color Game TV 15
@BKupa666: Kritters/Kremlings
@Arcadenik: Meowth

@Zero2570: Knuckle Joe
@Toxicroaker: Zoroark & Kyurem
@MopedOfJustice: TAC
@Thekewlusername: Mets
@FalKoopa: Hammer Bro.
@ Gunla Gunla : Mr. Saturn & Parasol Waddle Dee; Deoxys and Dakrai

@Pacack: Tiki
@YoshiandToad: Samurai Goroh

@Swampasaur: Arceus
@GoldenYuiitusin: Entei
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster : Pokemon Trainer
@ Cobalsh Cobalsh : Eevee
@R.O.B.: Meloetta
@Louie G.: Chain Chomp

@ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming : Fi
@ Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy : King Kihunter & Pseudo-Palutena (will use Squirtle & Ivysaur ones if disconfirmed in the future)

@Fortanono: Victini
@Venus of the Desert Bloom: Dark Samus

@BluePikmin11: Tom Nook
@andimidna: Midna
@Young Horsetail: Saki Amamiya
@legendofrob1: Kamek/Magikoopas

@Guybrush20X6: Gardevoir
@ APC99 APC99 : Devil
@Johnknight1: The Reaper

@ Opossum Opossum : Polar Bear (Ice Climber)
@ManlySpirit: Lyn
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy : Goomba
@Frostwraith: Mimicutie
@Admiral Pit: Monoeye
@Chandelure: Gordo
@ Headcrab Jackalope Headcrab Jackalope : Poppant, Bulborb & Chandelure

So, anybody else is fair game right now. I might make some requests for Goomba, Lyn, Monoeye, Mimicutie, Gordo and Polar Bear in the future, leaving:
  1. Dr. Wright
  2. Elec Man
  3. Electrode
  4. Bellossom
  5. Staryu
  6. Metagross
  7. Snorlax
  8. Fennekin
  9. Gogoat
  10. Keldeo
  11. Goldeen
  12. Bullet Bill
  13. Fire Chomp
  14. Lakitu
  15. Mite (SSE)
  16. Plasma Wisp
  17. Roturret (SSE)
  18. Shotzo (Kirby)
  19. Skuttler
  20. Stalfos
  21. Tiki Buzz
So feel free to claim them before they're taken...

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I've got Darkrai and Deoxys down.
Working now.

I'm currently writing up Ridley and Lip for an upcoming On Life Support section.
APC, if this isn't a thing, add this as a thing. Seriously.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Add Ivysaur, Mii and Squirtle to the Life support Section as well.
Hmm. Will do.

WHO WANTS RIDLEY?

I will have anybody interested send me their entry, and I'll make the final decision. And, as some helpful advice, you better make it big.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
@ APC99 APC99 I'll do Color TV Game 15, since I always secretly wanted The Paddle from Pong to be a playable character, I just never told anyone because of how incredibly stupid the idea sounds.

Hmm. Will do.

WHO WANTS RIDLEY?
MEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I would like to claim Bulborb, Chandelure, and Poppant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Add Ivysaur, Mii and Squirtle to the Life support Section as well.
Ahem.
I hate the idea of Miis in Smash... but I have to say this.
Although they were featured in the Find Mii stage inside the cage, I must direct you to this Pic of the Day:

In this pic, the Mii isn't in the cage. I believe now that if they are playable, they might pull an Alfonzo and when you play as the Miis, there won't be a Mii in that cage. Also, the symbol for this stage is a crown, representing that this is the Find Mii universe rather than the Mii/Wii universe at all.

I will argue that Miis aren't on life support and that this raises their chances. I don't want Miis to be playable, but I think that they are now...

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
This can support the fact that they could appear as playable characters. Although the cameo in the Find Mii stage puts them on life support much like with Ridley. I'd argue the opposite. Nonetheless, your argument would be good to include.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
@ APC99 APC99 I'll do Color TV Game 15, since I always secretly wanted The Paddle from Pong to be a playable character, I just never told anyone because of how incredibly stupid the idea sounds.

MEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I wanted it to be an assist trophy - oh wait I got what I wanted.

I'll take Ridley if you want, I'll be generous yet harsh.

> Wanted Midna Playable
> Looked like this when she became an assist:

I warned you APC :troll:

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
[collapse=Goomba]

Goomba (Super Mario Bros., 1985)
Disconfirmed: 4/8/2014
Author: Mario & Sonic Guy

In the Super Smash Bros. Direct, the Goomba was confirmed to appear as one of the enemies that players will encounter in the 3DS-exclusive game mode, Smash Run.

Goombas are generic enemies, and are typically portrayed as the weakest enemies in Bowser's Koopa Troop. As a result, they're easily defeated by any kind of attack method that Mario uses. Other types of Goombas also exist, such as the Grand Goomba and Paragoomba, with each of them offering their own distinct attributes.

In terms of their involvement in the Super Smash Bros. series, Goombas have always been treated as enemies, appearing in Melee's Adventure Mode, and Brawl's Subspace Emissary. As for the Goomba's involvement in Smash Run, it seems that it'll operate in the same manner as in the Subspace Emissary. This also apples to the Grand Goomba, as it too will be in Smash Run.

Goombas are very nostalgic enemies in the Mario Universe, but because they're not really fighter material, being treated as enemies seems to be their best option, if not an Assist Trophy role.​
[/collapse]

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I wanted it to be an assist trophy - oh wait I got what I wanted.

I'll take Ridley if you want, I'll be generous yet harsh.

> Wanted Midna Playable
> Looked like this when she became an assist:

I warned you APC :troll:
I'm going to find you and whack you with a stick until you stop posting MLP pictures and agree to get me refreshments at the ringing of a bell. :troll:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Call me crazy, but I don't think Ridley is deconfirmed. For one, sure other "boss" characters will show up on other stages. Ganondorf was a boss. Bowser was a boss. So is Ridley. (That was my crappy point. More or less me being an idiot)
More importantly, notice Ridley's shadow's movements. They aren't smooth like a boss would be. Remember Ridley in Brawl? He moves very smooth. Yellow Devil moves smoothly too. Ridley goes from standstill to moving in a sudden manner similarly to if a playable character went from idle to moving. Also, his shadow was not necessarily too big. He was compared to Pikachu, after all. Bowser's shadow would look massive next to Pikachu in that situation too.
Until we get definitive confirmation, Ridley is far from dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom