• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, Ice Climbers confirmed for not being cut due to BS technical issues. :p

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I believe ya but can you get that frame?
Sure. Here is it.

image.jpg

Anyway, should Pokemon Trainer be in the graveyard? If so, for the picture, could his hat, a crushed Pokeball and two normal Pokeballs be on it. Ivysaur and Squirtle standing near it would be a plus.

I'll post an obituary for him. Maybe one for Eevee as well.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Nobody really expected F-Zero to get another rep when it was a niche series to begin with and has been neglected by Nintendo since the Gamecube era.
That's not what i've seen. A lot of people, including me, wanted S. Goroh.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
That's not what i've seen. A lot of people, including me, wanted S. Goroh.
Goroh had a lot of people who wanted him, but I don't think many people really expected him.

It's kind of the same deal as how I want an AW rep but don't expect one.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
And Tingle, Jeff, Lakitu, Shadow (:troll:), Excitebikers, and Advance wars soldiers too. ;)
Was Lakitu in the Smash Run video?

Shadow (I like your humor).

Jeff is a possibility.

ExciteBikers might also be a possibility since they were not confirmed as Assist Trophies.

Tingle, possible, but maybe he runs something like a trophy store this time around?

Advance Wars soldiers, not confirmed as an Assist Trophy, so very likely.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Was Lakitu in the Smash Run video?

Shadow (I like your humor).

Jeff is a possibility.

ExciteBikers might also be a possibility since they were not confirmed as Assist Trophies.

Tingle, possible, but maybe he runs something like a trophy store this time around?

Advance Wars soldiers, not confirmed as an Assist Trophy, so very likely.
Lakitu apparently not in Smash Run.

Shadow is not dead at this point, he's just unlikely.

Jeff? Eh, I kinda doubt, but it's possible

ExciteBikers I "just doubt," but that's it

Tingle I can never see to be honest with ya

Advance Wars Soldiers? Maybe. (Sniff) Maybe...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Any way I can do a post-obituary for Viridi and maybe one for Pseudo Palutena?
I can allow you to do Psuedo-Palutena, or any character. So far, the only ones taken are Victini, Goroh, Tiki and possibly Dark Samus.

Also Lip isn't an exact disconfirmation, so... I've changed my mind so that we wait out on that one.

Squritle and Ivysuar and NOT returning. Sakurai said that there would be no more transformations, Pokemon Trainer is all about transformation (Switching pokemon) and since we got Charizard revealed I 100% doubt we will see squirtle and ivy again, sorry. And I dont think pokemon is gonna have 6-8 reps that would be ****ing crazy they will get 5 at most (Along with Mario and zelda), last being Mewtwo or Jigglypuff. Thats my 2 cents, but pretty much fact at this point.
Yes, no more transformations has been confirmed. Has Sakurai proven that these characters are 100% disconfirmed? Nope. When we see or hear proof from Sakurai that the characters aren't returning, then they'll go in.

Are they currently likely to get in? Nope.Do they still have a chance, be it miniscule? Yes.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Hmm... then may I also do one on Mr. Saturn and Parasol Waddle Dee instead, actually?
I'll PM you them tomorrow at latest.

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Some of the missing ATs were unlockable in Brawl. Advance Wars guys, Isaac, Barbara and Ray. Couple of others, maybe.

EDIT: Tingle, though...

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
All this talk of surviving Assists and no one mentions Ressetii? FOR SHAME!

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I'm going to stick out a limb and say we shouldn't count out Squirtle and Ivysaur just yet. Pokémon Trainer is gone, they can still appear separately like Project M.
*looking at signature*

Was Lip disconfirmed?

EDIT: Lip's Stick revealed. Okay, never mind.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
The first two entries from the Direct, Victini and Dark Samus, have been entered, written by Super Smashboards Brawl Co-Director/Victini Supporter @Fortanono and Week in Review Publisher/Dark Samus Support Thread OP @Venus of the Desert Bloom, respectively. More are on their way sometime soon.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Goroh had a lot of people who wanted him, but I don't think many people really expected him.

It's kind of the same deal as how I want an AW rep but don't expect one.
...I had both Samurai G. AND Andy on my roster......... :(

bobadz

Smash Ace
I just want to say you shouldn't add Squritle, Ivysaur, and, Ridley to deconfirmed yet. Until we have 100% confirmation they are not playable, they should not be put on the list.

They are on life support however.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
For Disconfirmed Moves:
-Sheik's Chain
-Olimar's Tether
-All Transformation based moves
-Possibly Charizard's Rock Smash(Flare Blitz was shown in the trailer)

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
I guess Sakurai lied when he said the flipper wasn't returning....time to remove that section!

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Keep in mind there are something called custom move sets.

Would safely assume that moves that trigger transformation are de-confirmed now.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Give Goroh a proper grave. Many people wanted him... or perhaps many people just wanted another F-Zero character. Goroh and Black Shadow were on the top of that list.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Give Goroh a proper grave. Many people wanted him... or perhaps many people just wanted another F-Zero character. Goroh and Black Shadow were on the top of that list.
Don't worry, someone is already writing it.

Also, currently I have 5 new entries in the Graveyard:

-Entei, written by Smashboards debater/Entei fan @GoldenYuiitusin
-Arceus, written by moderator/Pokemon enthusiast @Swampasaur
-Eevee, written by creator of the Retro Poll/Former OP of the Eevee support thread @Cobalsh
-Mr. Saturn, written by SSB4 Roster Evolution Host/Super Smashboards Brawl Co-Director @ Gunla Gunla
-Sandbag, written by former head of Smash Bros. Affinity/Sandbag supporter @Mega Bidoof

I also have some others that are nearly finished, such as:

-Gardevoir, written by writer for the webcomic Level 30 Psychiatry/OP of the Gardevoir Support Thread @Guybrush20X6
-Parasol Waddle Dee, written by @ Gunla Gunla as well.

And I'll add them at a later date.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Mettuar(Megaman Series)
First Appearance: Megaman(1987)

Previous Smash History: N/A
De-confirmation: 4/8/2014

Brief History

Mets are the most reappearing enemy in the Megaman series. Being present in nearly all Classic Megaman games, The Megaman X series, the Megaman Zero series and even Battle Network and Star Force. These hard hat wearing robots can shoot projectiles out of their mouths and use their helmets for for projection in most incarnations. Though their are multiple variants of these eneimes, such as flying Mets, giant Mets, and fire Mets.

They can be compared to the Goombas of Mario or the Waddle Dees of Kirby. In that they have the most appearances among common foes, and are usually simple to deal with.

They do however, make an appearance in the recently confirmed Smash Run mode. As one of the many classic video game enemies you must face.​

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
[collapse='Hammer Bro']

First Appearance: Super Mario Bros. (1985)

Previous Smash History: Assist Trophy (SSBB)
Disconfirmation: 4/8/2014​

Brief History​
Hammer Bros. are common enemies in the Mario series that throw hammers at the Mario Bros. They usually come in pairs, hence the name. They also have variations like Fire Bros, Ice Bros and Boomerang Bros.

Hammer Bros. previously appeared in Brawl as enemies in the Subspace Emissary, and also as assist trophies, chucking hammers at players. This time around, they have been confirmed to appear as enemies in the Smash Run mode of the 3DS version of Smash 4.[/collapse]

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
[collapse=TAC]

[Smash Run picture needed]
T.A.C. (Kirby Superstar, 1996)
4/8/14

In the Great Deconfirming Massacre of April 8th, 2014, many popular newcomers lined up to be slaughtered, their fans' hope soon following.

TAC was not one such character.
TAC had no such fans.

First appearing in Kirby Superstar, then Air Ride, and finally Superstar Ultra, it is TAC's main objective in life to steal your **** and ruin your day. Given that Smash is very similar to Superstar[Ultra] and has been gaining more and more elements from Air Ride, it's only fitting that TAC be added as a griefer enemy at some point, especially in Smash Run, which is modeled very closely after City Trial. TAC's role is a cross of his two precious incarnations: He moves and acts like he does in SS, and steals power-ups like he did (off screen) in Air Ride.

Truely, he is not dead and, as it seems, will never die, no matter how much we want him to.
[/collapse]​

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Also Lip isn't an exact disconfirmation, so... I've changed my mind so that we wait out on that one.
First off, I'm glad you have not put Lip in the graveyard yet.

Second, I will three reasons why you shouldn't put her in the graveyard in case you change your mind.

Starting off with number 1, it is a bit of a stretch.
Lip doesn't have to have the flower as her main weapon. Of course, it wouldn't make that much sense but it is still possible.

We have no evidence that just because an item of choice of a character is in smash doesn't really mean the character can't be in smash. In fact, Pokemon Trainer main weapom of choice is a pokeball, and the pokeball was an item. Not exactly foolproof, but it at least something for the defensive side. You can't really say that for the offensive side.

If Lip were to get a redesign, it is not that much of a stretch to say her flower would be redesigned as well.

Now to address everyone else, look, it is understandable you all think she won't be in the game, but she isn't dead folks. It's understandable you don't want to support her anymore, but stop acting like the remaining supporters are delusional please.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I just want to say you shouldn't add Squritle, Ivysaur, and, Ridley to deconfirmed yet. Until we have 100% confirmation they are not playable, they should not be put on the list.

They are on life support however.
Should we count out Pokémon Trainer himself then? Having 1 of his Pokémon separated while the other two remain AWOL pretty much disbands him. Also, no more transforming characters technically rules him out.

So, should we have an On Life Support section for missing characters who's fate isn't certain despite certain elements hinting or previously belonging to them being present in the game.

Also, Tiki (:crying:), Fi, Killer Kihunter, and Pseudo-Palutena are deconfirmed thanks to their trophy appearances. I will probably write eulogies for certain characters sometime soon.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

Mettuar(Megaman Series)
First Appearance: Megaman(1987)

Previous Smash History: N/A
De-confirmation: 4/8/2014

Brief History

Mets are the most reappearing enemy in the Megaman series. Being present in nearly all Classic Megaman games, The Megaman X series, the Megaman Zero series and even Battle Network and Star Force. These hard hat wearing robots can shoot projectiles out of their mouths and use their helmets for for projection in most incarnations. Though their are multiple variants of these eneimes, such as flying Mets, giant Mets, and fire Mets.

They can be compared to the Goombas of Mario or the Waddle Dees of Kirby. In that they have the most appearances among common foes, and are usually simple to deal with.

They do however, make an appearance in the recently confirmed Smash Run mode. As one of the many classic video game enemies you must face.​
[collapse='Hammer Bro']

First Appearance: Super Mario Bros. (1985)

Previous Smash History: Assist Trophy (SSBB)
Disconfirmation: 4/8/2014​

Brief History​
Hammer Bros. are common enemies in the Mario series that throw hammers at the Mario Bros. They usually come in pairs, hence the name. They also have variations like Fire Bros, Ice Bros and Boomerang Bros.

Hammer Bros. previously appeared in Brawl as enemies in the Subspace Emissary, and also as assist trophies, chucking hammers at players. This time around, they have been confirmed to appear as enemies in the Smash Run mode of the 3DS version of Smash 4.[/collapse]
[collapse=TAC]

[Smash Run picture needed]
T.A.C. (Kirby Superstar, 1996)
4/8/14

In the Great Deconfirming Massacre of April 8th, 2014, many popular newcomers lined up to be slaughtered, their fans' hope soon following.

TAC was not one such character.
TAC had no such fans.

First appearing in Kirby Superstar, then Air Ride, and finally Superstar Ultra, it is TAC's main objective in life to steal your **** and ruin your day. Given that Smash is very similar to Superstar[Ultra] and has been gaining more and more elements from Air Ride, it's only fitting that TAC be added as a griefer enemy at some point, especially in Smash Run, which is modeled very closely after City Trial. TAC's role is a cross of his two precious incarnations: He moves and acts like he does in SS, and steals power-ups like he did (off screen) in Air Ride.

Truely, he is not dead and, as it seems, will never die, no matter how much we want him to.
[/collapse]​
Thank you, gentlemen! I'll add those as soon as I can!

Should we count out Pokémon Trainer himself then? Having 1 of his Pokémon separated while the other two remain AWOL pretty much disbands him. Also, no more transforming characters technically rules him out.

So, should we have an On Life Support section for missing characters who's fate isn't certain despite certain elements hinting or previously belonging to them being present in the game.

Also, Tiki (:crying:), Fi, Killer Kihunter, and Pseudo-Palutena are deconfirmed thanks to their trophy appearances. I will probably write eulogies for certain characters sometime soon.
PM me them once you're done, I've got to handle a lot so it's easier for me to talk to you personally about them and fix anything if needed.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Do we post the obituary here? If so here is mine for Pokemon Trainer.

[collapse=Red]

Red was the playable character in Pokemon: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, FireRed and LeafGreen versions. He also appears as a final boss in Pokemon: Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold and SoulSilver. He was playable in Brawl with Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard.

He was not returning due on April 8, 2014. Sakurai said that all of the transformation characters would not happen, meaning that Pokemon Trainer, will not return in any sort of way. Also, one of his Pokemon, Charizard was confirmed to a solo playable character. Red's cut was the most changing of all of the characters to be revealed to not be playable.

The confirm of Red not being playable showed up two things: That cuts are actually happening and that any veteran can be cut, even the ones with unique movesets. Will Ivysaur and Squirtle become solo fighters as well? What about all of the other non revealed veterans?

May the very best that no one ever was be catching em all up in the sky.
[/collapse]​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom