• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kamek and Meowth cut deep. I wouldn't have minded Zoroark (it had pretty good moveset potintal and a cool type) but I really wanted Kamek and Meowth. At least Kemek is in an approprate spot in the 3DS mode.

I'm not counting Ridley out entirely yet. Not because of some optimism (I counted him out after the shot of the Pyrosphere hole) It has to do with how he was handled in the direct. Making it so mysterious (but not really mysterious at all) was just odd. It's really looking like he's out, and he's deconfirmed in my mind, but there is more to it then that.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
I also believe Ridley has an even better chance of being playable due to the fact that sakurai keeps teasing it! kind of like how he's teasing Palutena (trophy quiz today anyone?)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This is going to take days to make the graveyard picture theres like more than 40 characters deconfirmed

And I would not put ridley in yet because like drilling juggernaut said that looks supicous of how he was shown

(And I think his wings were see threw like meta ridley wings so meta ridley could be filling in for the no robotic version but for I'm going to stick with 50% deconfirmed right now so I don't overthink he's in nor out)

But he still has a chance for smash 5 from all of the evidence from the past before today. (If deconfirmed anyway)

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Expand this graveyard!

R.I.P. Saki
I dont think paletina is gonna be in the graveyard... not yet...

andimidna

Smash Master
Ok, so even after the direct I'm unsure on the fate of some of my favorite dragons...
I know Charizard is confirmed.
But the debate on Ridley is tuff...
And I'm really unsure where Tiki stands.
Also, do we count Fi as deconfirmed?
And Pseudotena may make sense if Big Mac counts.
But the 4th trophy was also a generic enemy, they're done.
Don't forget:

Midna
Lyn
Electric Man
Magikoopa
Goomba
Waddle Dee
Mites
Samurai Goroh

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Expand this graveyard!

R.I.P. Saki
I dont think paletina is gonna be in the graveyard... not yet...
Yeah with the trolly trophy gag and Pit's new final smash Palutena looks like she maybe good. time will tell

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
I personally believe that Ridley should be in the deconfirmed section, just because of the nature of this thread. When a character is seen in the background of a stage they show up here (as well as characters like Toad), and we were pretty much told that Ridley would be a boss. So based on the criteria of this thread he should be deconfirmed. It is still possible that most of these characters could still show up, very unlikely, but still possible, so I don't think Ridley should get special treatment.

With that being said, I don't think there is enough evidence to deconfirm Mewtwo. For all we know, Pokemon could get 25 slots. Mewtwo could even get in over Jigglypuff. Pokemon Trainer, however, is deconfirmed as well.

Things looking really good for Palutena after the direct. King K Rool got a boost as well with the Kremlins.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
PT Red is de-confirmed, but not exactly Squirtle and Ivysaur. Transforming characters are now standalone.

Saki
Goroh
Lyn
Ridley
Zoroark (look at Greninja trailer closely)

These are the only major character de-confirmations IMO.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
PT Red is de-confirmed, but not exactly Squirtle and Ivysaur. Transforming characters are now standalone.
It's not "official" but there's just no way they are getting their own character slots over the likes of Mewtwo/Jiggs.

Either that or we might be looking at 7-8 character slots for the Pokemon series alone which is also highly unlikely.

I would like to add that I am legitimately going to miss Ivysure. He was a really unique character. His bullet seed was really fun, and his new down B in Project M was great especially on Shadow Moses. I won't miss Squirtle as much, but I would have loved to have seen his Withdraw move improved. It was amazing in Project M.

I hope we can get another fully quadrupedal character some how.

Ivysalt

Smash Cadet
This is the first time I have spoken up in any speculative or technical threads, but I kind of wanted to throw two cents in.

Speaking from an objective place, I feel it is absolutely unreasonable to discount Ridley as playable. Hard reason is - he was not shown or even explicitly mentioned in a way that would disconfirm him. That context was Sakuri flirting with us - not definitive. My opinion is that Ridley has a large fanbase advocating for his involvement and as a developer that is dependant upon keeping a target audience happy (and, you know, then buy the game), no one of his or any standing would string along die-hard fans for months only to end in a deconfirmation. It is like a parent telling kids that they will go to Disney World if they behave and the kid is golden for weeks, re-enforced with promises of Mickey and Goofy and co. until right when school lets out and the kid is most expectant, the parent says "only kidding! Now, would you mind mowing the lawn and taking out the trash?" It just won't happen. I think Ridley will be confirmed right before launch whereas they crowd goes wild and Sakuri purchases a small island with his hysteria driven plunder that he will coop from sales.

Palutena is certainly not disconfirmed (since when was a regular trophy ever a source for deconfirmation?), nor is Ivy or Squirtle. Just my thoughts.

R0Y

Smash Master
No Ridley (most likely) but we get some pokemon called Greninja...

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Guys? I just went through the PokeBall Line-up?

Snivy, Lugia, Suicune, Zoroark, Kyogre, Goldeen, Gardevoir, Giratina, Oshawatt, Latios/Latias, Snorlax, Chespin, Darkrai, Inkay, and Spewpa.

These are all I could make out. They're Most likely Pokeball status since all the others that appeared are known Pokeball ones.

gamer8

Smash Lord

Snivy, Lugia, Suicune, Zoroark, Kyogre, Goldeen, Gardevoir, Giratina, Oshawatt, Latios/Latias, Snorlax, Chespin, Darkrai, Inkay, and Spewpa.

These are all I could make out. They're Most likely Pokeball status since all the others that appeared are known Pokeball ones.
I saw Swirlix in there too

Khao

Smash Lord

If all those are now deconfirmed, then Jigglypuff and Pichu were both deconfirmed for Melee since day one.

http://youtu.be/rSOLLpj7N2M?t=1m22s

Xigger

Smash Lord
That Graveyard needs to expand quite a bit.... I vote for Saki, Midna, and Meowth. The CG trailer for Pokemon don't count.

DON'T BURY ANYONE ALIVE!!!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Like Pichu and Puff in the Brawl intro? Or ROB in the SSE clip?

I'm playing devil's advocate i know

Glad to see Midna decnfirmed. Here's hoping Ghirahim and Tingle are next.
I see you like Ridley pal. How does that feel?

Last edited:

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Time to add Samurai Goroh in with the biggies....that was a huge loss 4 me. Ridley half deconfirmed- the shadow may be Meta Ridley, not plain Ridley. It's a long shot, especially since i'm pretty sure that meta Ridley wasn't in Other M, but i hope to death. Also Toon Zelda is half-deconfirmed, as normal Zelda has phantom Zelda in her moveset. If toon zelda was in the game, she would have it, not normal Zelda. Also tom nook decomfirmed, as he is in Villager's final smash.

Saki
Goroh
Lyn
Ridley

These are the only major character de-confirmations IMO.
U forgot Samurai Goroh. Also, not necessarily Ridley. See above.

Also, Lip's chances are decreased as the Lip's stick is shown, and she would probably use it if she was indeed playable, and it probably not be an item and in someone's moveset at the same time.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Here's my recommendation:
Graveyard (Outright Deconfirmations Only):
Balloon Fighter (?)
Skull Kid
French Bulldog Nintendog
Starfy
Ashley
Viridi
Waluigi
Isabelle
Cranky Kong (In Jungle Japes)
Samurai Goroh
Tiki
Knuckle Joe
Saki Amamiya
Lyn
Dr. Wright (Noteworthy enough?)
Midna
Dark Samus
Arceus
Meowth
Eevee
Meloetta
Deoxys
Victini
Kamek
Zoroark
Darkrai

Purgatory:
Toad
Ridley
Remove those in red from the list and you're good. Nobody thought they were going to be in. Also Cranky Kong is far from deconfirmed.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Pokemon Trainer could conceivably be made into an independent character with a summoner or support type moveset like Sankuro from Samurai Showdown or Yugi in Jump Superstars or probably some better examples that I can't think of right now. Very unlikely but conceivable.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Just thought about something and wanted to note:
For spacing, I wanted to suggest maybe having a specific spoiler tag for general Pokemon with weaker support
(IE: Snivy, Darkrai) but give characters like Zoroark coverage. Like, have Pokemon as honorable, or something like that.
The same could be done for ATs, and keep characters like Lyn for their own if they had that much.

I realize that OP will get very cluttered quickly.

Last edited:

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Can we considered enemies in Smash Run as deconfirmed? If so Kamek is unfortunately another victim of this mass slaughter of character hopes and dreams.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Do Assist Trophies and Yellow Devil have Shadows?

Ridley's Shadow seems to move awfully slow compared to how he did in Brawl. Also, if Ridley is a stage hazard, he's not attacking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom