• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Observations:

neutralB: Can be done in the air, slowfall during. That's mad good, means she can shoot you no matter how high up you are and cover options.
upB: Saw that combo on Clock Tower where she upB'd onto a platform, imagine the combo/reset potential she has doing stuff like this. upB them onto a platform, go into a grab or some other mixup, or if she CAN combo off that...damn.
Sideb: Not as good as I thought, if you don't land the first upB (witch twist #1 sends them far enough for sideb1 and sideb2 to connect properly) it doesn't combo properly off or into anything. Still, it's a movement option, though you can't edge cancel it as far as we can tell, the divekick version looks mad fast and great for recovery.
downB: Definitely has some vulnerability unless the players didn't try to dodge/shield after the flip ended, but man this counter is looking even crazier than we thought. If it lands they should never, ever survive, basically. And multi-downb looks crazy useful too.

nair: her equivalent of an approaching normal like ZSS nair, though it won't serve the purpose of a spacing fair like other chars have. Really low lag, might be her best bullet shot normal to use during a SH to provide Melee SH Fox laser-like damage.
fair: INSANE IMO. She can choose between one two or three hits, so shield pressure might be crazy on this. Hitbox looks tiny on each hit, but that's to compensate for having options during it. Pretty good. Will have to test the soft bullets on it.
bair: ZSS bair with less kb. Not much to say. Amazing normal, might be better than nair for SH soft bullet pressure.
uair: We saw in the newest official videos that Bayo CAN combo off upb into uair. Meaning upB...etc, etc, into uair at the top of the screen WILL WORK. ZSS UPB COMBOS #2 HERE WE COME! Aside from that, this thing seems to get even better when she shoots with it, but we don't know if further hitboxes are added on.
dair: Amazing. A stall and fall normal that sends down that ends HALFWAY into the duration that it normally does for others (ZSS, Sonic, Sheik). Meaning this move will actually be useful in many scenarios that those other ones aren't.

Again, want to emphasize that Bayo is bringing back Melee Fox laser pressure, but she can shoot in DIFFERENT ANGLES.

meaning she can do it across the stage, ABOVE her, or diagonally with uair (I believe, not sure on that one). That's pretty damn good.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Is there a dedicated thread for Bayonetta (and Corrin)'s meta that's been dissecting the new videos?
I don't want to go all over the place to learn what everyone else has learned.

Also I want to know as much as about them as possible so I can go in being decent with them! :D

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I went through all the videos uploaded today, and these are my damage observations!

Jab 2→? = 19%
Ftilt 4→3→6 = 13%
Utilt 9%
Dtilt 7%
Fsmash 17%
Usmash 〜17%
DA 10%
Nair 8→5 = 13%
Fair 4→3→6 = 13%
Bair 14%
Uair 9%
B (charged) 3%
Side B 8%
Side B Flipkick 7%
Up B 5%
Bthrow 9%
Uthrow 8%
Dthrow 8%

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Didn't someone say last night during the stream that Bayonetta is going to be a lightweight?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Didn't someone say last night during the stream that Bayonetta is going to be a lightweight?
Sakurai himself said "she's great at stringing together combos, but she's also light, which can be a weakness." Looked pretty similar to ZSS to me.

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Seems like she lacks the speed of ZSS at least. Bayonetta looks pretty slow in terms of her dash and run speed.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Her weight won't be an issue as long as she's not Mewtwo-tier light.

Sheik and ZSS are lightweights, and they're both still the two most viable characters in the game.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Seems like she lacks the speed of ZSS at least. Bayonetta looks pretty slow in terms of her dash and run speed.
Yeah I thought that too. She seems to have one of the best zone breakers though, fast, far, low and with combo potential.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Her weight won't be an issue as long as she's not Mewtwo-tier light.

Sheik and ZSS are lightweights, and they're both still the two most viable characters in the game.
Mewtwo is heavier than Jigglypuff.... and after the last patch he's way better than he was since he first released.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Mewtwo is heavier than Jigglypuff.... and after the last patch he's way better than he was since he first released.
I am aware that Jigglypuff is the lightest character in the game. I said Mewtwo because his weight is his biggest flaw, and it really does hold him back (although he is better after the most recent patch).

Jigglypuff has way more issues than just her weight, so she wouldn't have been a very good example.

Besides, I couldn't see Sakurai making Bayonetta within the 5 lightest characters, but it's Sakurai, so who knows?

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I am aware that Jigglypuff is the lightest character in the game. I said Mewtwo because his weight is his biggest flaw, and it really does hold him back (although he is better after the most recent patch).

Jigglypuff has way more issues than just her weight, so she wouldn't have been a very good example.

Besides, I couldn't see Sakurai making Bayonetta within the 5 lightest characters, but it's Sakurai, so who knows?
Agreed. Sakurai is known to mislead his fans so who knows what can happen. If he were to actually go by the games then he would know that Mewtwo is actually heavier than Charizard in the Pokemon series, but these last few DLC characters have been promising ( enjoying Cloud ) so we'll just have to wait and see.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Just dropping off some very important things.

Will make other gifs if requested, but I gotta go to sleep now. Today was a good day.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044

Will make other gifs if requested, but I gotta go to sleep now. Today was a good day.
is there a moment in these games where she's not fabulous doing something? even when she's splats on the screen she's Posing! she may as well be a Jojo's Character with all this posing!

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
She reminds me a lot like Cat from Play Station Battle Royale, and Cat is broken in that game....

apparently fuz

NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856

Her spotdodge is also her 'DREADFUL' taunt.

Bayonetta is pretty much the gift that keeps on giving.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Her spotdodge is also her 'DREADFUL' taunt.

Bayonetta is pretty much the gift that keeps on giving.
Based on the JP (退屈だわ), I assumed the EN equivalent would be "Too easy," but I'm not sure if they went with something else instead.

Edit: I thought she actually said something during the dodge animation, but I might have misheard.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Nobody talking about how incredible and possibly counter pick worthy that stage is?
The stage is legally a combination of every legal stage. It's in for sure. Well it should be there areally people that will try to have it banned.

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
Based on the JP (退屈だわ), I assumed the EN equivalent would be "Too easy," but I'm not sure if they went with something else instead.

Edit: I thought she actually said something during the dodge animation, but I might have misheard.
In one of the English videos of her, she says "Dreadful" during a spotdodge, so

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
never because she's not going to be anything close to brawl MK lmao

It's already evident that she is going to have trouble killing outside of her smashes, and her start-up is bad.

She looks good, but it's honestly stupid for any of you to say that she's "definitely top tier." She's not even released yet lol.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
So... how long till we find out she's to SSB4 what Meta Knight was for Brawl?
Never, because we will at least see one patch after the characters are out and she can't fly over the whole stage

On a side note, reminder that thanks to WT it will be possible to combo uSmash into uSmash into taunt

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
But kill power almost always refers to moves in isolation, not combos.

In the footage we've seen so far, only her smashes seem to kill well. That means that her kill power isn't very good.

It appears that we'll have to get our kills with Witch Time>smash attack or from combos taking opponents closer to the upper blast zone and killing from there.

Last edited:

Vinje

Smash Apprentice
Everyone keeps talking about kill power, but if this was on smashville/town and city...

I think Marth was dead with like 5 more %.
You know if Bayonetta went for the second side b and then the up B and up air she might of been able to take Marth's stock.

apparently fuz

NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Bayonetta isn't going to be killing at 40% so I don't understand why people are saying she'll be the next ZSS. A kill confirm off at top at ~120% should be acceptable, is it not?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

It would be quite amusing if Bayonetta was Mewtwo light, as that would make her offensive game have a bigger risk factor.

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice

Not even optimized... they could of done so much more. Also that combo does 29%

Maybe up air > up b > up b > up air. Then throw platforms into the mix.

Last edited:
Top Bottom