• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
You can do that in the first one too. But the problem is that the attacks in Bayo 2 are so fast, that by the time I think to dodge, I'm already hit.
Mind you, I'm not slow when it comes to reaction times. I just really hate how attacks are in Bayo 2, personally.
I have that problem with the big demon killer mech things....ESPECIALLY when there are two of them!
I wasn't exactly good at the first game so I find the second easier anyway. I only ever managed to beat 3/4 of Witch Trail 4 because I'm not amazing at dodging and I only have half of the full health bar one can aquire.

Gee, I see myself going back to B2 a lot in this gen to try the musphelheim challenges and what not.

In many ways, I actually found Bayonetta 2 to be easier than Bayonetta 1. [Shrugs] But perhaps that's because I just had experience from the first game. In Bayonetta 2, I did the first level on 2nd Climax, but played the rest of the game on 3rd Climax, getting mostly silver trophies.

Once I'm done with Xenoblade Chronicles X, I think I will try to get all-platinum rank in both Bayonetta games. I dare say, I thoroughly enjoyed both Bayonetta games. It was like The Wonderful 101, without having to look after a huge team.

I'm still hoping Kamiya considers developing the next Kid Icarus game. I think he would do an exceptional job. While I was playing both Bayonetta games, I couldn't help but think to mineself, "it would be really cool to have a Kid Icarus game very similar to this".
A freaking PLATINUM Kid Icarus UPRISING SEQUEL would give me a heart attack. I hope they make the land segements better and actually control good, keep the flying and keep the Uprising style voice acting but greatly expand on the universe and have the game be on a home console. Bayo + Kid Icarus stuff in the Smash trailer was basically my fan fiction btw.

Oh, and please send me your fan story via PM. Would love to read it!

Edit: double.

Last edited by a moderator:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I have that problem with the big demon killer mech things....ESPECIALLY when there are two of them!
I wasn't exactly good at the first game so I find the second easier anyway. I only ever managed to beat 3/4 of Witch Trail 4 because I'm not amazing at dodging and I only have half of the full health bar one can aquire.

Gee, I see myself going back to B2 a lot in this gen to try the musphelheim challenges and what not.

A freaking PLATINUM Kid Icarus UPRISING SEQUEL would give me a heart attack. I hope they make the land segements better and actually control good, keep the flying and keep the Uprising style voice acting but greatly expand on the universe and have the game be on a home console. Bayo + Kid Icarus stuff in the Smash trailer was basically my fan fiction btw.

Ya think Pain and the fire chariot thing together are bad? Wait 'till you face two Valiances (giant angels with giant swords).

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Not to squash your initiative, but high profile game developers get pitches from fans like this all the time. If they were to develop a new story, it would need to come from the original creators and would never be fan sourced.
This, sadly, I am well aware of--which is why I've never shared mine ideas with any game developer. [Shrugs] That, and like The Joker from Batman said, "If you're good at something, don't ever do it for free." That said, truthfully mine stated desire to share mine story idea with Kamiya was really just wishful thinking.

To add on to your ideas, I would also like to be able to run for as long as I want, and dodge as many times I want. I dare say, I hated the stamina mechanic in KIU. I think they should have at least included a bar that would show how much stamina you had left, so you could manage Pit's stamina better. Couldn't tell you how many times I've died both in one-player and online play due to exhaustion--not so much from running as from dodging.

The story is still in its planning phase, so I haven't began writing it yet, despite having it all figured out. Right now, I'm busy writing two original fantasy novels. I may very well never carry out the planning phase, though, since by nature I'm really not a fanfic person.

If you'd like, though, I could send you the basic synopsis.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well, I did it.
I have officially played Bayonetta 1.
My friend had a copy of the game that I could play, and I got to say.
The game is pretty... wild, to put it lightly.:laugh:
The controls are pretty tight, the characters are decently animated, and it runs very, very smoothly.
Now, I just got done with the chapter where Witch Time is activated while you're on the jet, so I can't say for sure if it's indicative of the rest of the game.
However, the game could be something special if it goes on like this.
Color me impressed. Bayonetta was on my watch list, but now I am heavily interested in picking up the titles.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
OH PLEASE PLAY IT TO THE END
Please.
Oh, I will.
Really, the only gripe that I have with the combat system is that the lock on system is a little clunky. That, and it's kind of weird having her shoot guns as a separate attack using the Y button.
This is the Wii U version that I'm playing, by the way.

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
Oh, I will.
Really, the only gripe that I have with the combat system is that the lock on system is a little clunky.
I just realized I've never manually locked on, on any enemies, ever xD
I always just punch/kick who I want to target, and it targets them...

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I know, right?
I was trying it during the prologue using the GamePad since we didn't have a Pro Controller.
Basically, the act of holding the R button while moving Bayonetta with the left analog stick and attacking using the X and Y buttons is anything but comfortable. I think I can make do without it.
Also, I like how you can change the difficulty any time.

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
I'm currently stuck on Witch Trial IV in Bayonetta 2. Any tips/advice anyone? What can help me the most for the Lost Chapters?
YES
YES
I HATE HATE HATE HATE *HATE* THE WITCH TRIALS
The farthest I've ever gone is against Bayo and Jeanne
I suggest using the Bracelet of Time, and, if you're good at dodging, Rosa.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
€//
'
YES
YES
I HATE HATE HATE HATE *HATE* THE WITCH TRIALS
The farthest I've ever gone is against Bayo and Jeanne
I suggest using the Bracelet of Time, and, if you're good at dodging, Rosa.
I'll look into the Bracelet of Time. I'm currently using the Star of Dineta and Mallet of Rewards bracelets. I use them both to fill up on health (taunting against weak enemies and witch timing their attacks and taunting some more and repeat, and then using the torture finishes to get a full green lolipop). Any weapon suggestions? I'm currently using double Alruna because I like the playstyle and range it gives me, but it may not be the optimal choice to do the Witch Trials.

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
Any weapon suggestions?
I suggest Shuraba, for sure. It's a stronger Rakshasa, ESPECIALLY if you can to the Punch/Kick/Punch combo with Dodge Offset, since the Wicked Slice is very powerful, and has a lot of range (because it hits horizontally). Oh! And this is kind of really, really hard to get, but if you ever do manage to get Rodin, that's an AMAZING weapon to use during the Witch Trials.
I also suggest not being afraid to try different things! Experiment and try to find the best combo. P.S. I greatly advice against NOT taunting your enemies. Trust me. It's not worth the little health. I would go BoT + MoR. That's all, good luck~!

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I suggest Shuraba, for sure. It's a stronger Rakshasa, ESPECIALLY if you can to the Punch/Kick/Punch combo with Dodge Offset, since the Wicked Slice is very powerful, and has a lot of range (because it hits horizontally). Oh! And this is kind of really, really hard to get, but if you ever do manage to get Rodin, that's an AMAZING weapon to use during the Witch Trials.
I also suggest not being afraid to try different things! Experiment and try to find the best combo. P.S. I greatly advice against NOT taunting your enemies. Trust me. It's not worth the little health. I would go BoT + MoR. That's all, good luck~!
Ok, cool. Thanks for the advice!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
This, sadly, I am well aware of--which is why I've never shared mine ideas with any game developer. [Shrugs] That, and like The Joker from Batman said, "If you're good at something, don't ever do it for free." That said, truthfully mine stated desire to share mine story idea with Kamiya was really just wishful thinking.

To add on to your ideas, I would also like to be able to run for as long as I want, and dodge as many times I want. I dare say, I hated the stamina mechanic in KIU. I think they should have at least included a bar that would show how much stamina you had left, so you could manage Pit's stamina better. Couldn't tell you how many times I've died both in one-player and online play due to exhaustion--not so much from running as from dodging.

The story is still in its planning phase, so I haven't began writing it yet, despite having it all figured out. Right now, I'm busy writing two original fantasy novels. I may very well never carry out the planning phase, though, since by nature I'm really not a fanfic person.

If you'd like, though, I could send you the basic synopsis.
Yes please. :)
Well, I did it.
I have officially played Bayonetta 1.
My friend had a copy of the game that I could play, and I got to say.
The game is pretty... wild, to put it lightly.:laugh:
The controls are pretty tight, the characters are decently animated, and it runs very, very smoothly.
Now, I just got done with the chapter where Witch Time is activated while you're on the jet, so I can't say for sure if it's indicative of the rest of the game.
However, the game could be something special if it goes on like this.
Color me impressed. Bayonetta was on my watch list, but now I am heavily interested in picking up the titles.
If you think the jet section was great wait till you play everything else in both games....
I'm currently stuck on Witch Trial IV in Bayonetta 2. Any tips/advice anyone? What can help me the most for the Lost Chapters?
I only ever managed to reach 3/4 of that trial up to the Golem. I find using alruane really helped. Tho I think if you don't have enough health (i have 1 full bar and a bit -I think that's quite terrible) it would be wise to find and complete some musphelheim challenges first.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Lock on can actually cause you to interrupt the enemy, so pressing that button is worth it. It also makes some moves much simpler to execute.

Last edited:

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
Lock on can actually cause you to interrupt the enemy
I actually knew this, but totally forgot!
I've noticed on my own, from the first game, that the kiss mark when locking on actually HITS opponents, which I always thought was a very nice touch. I just never found the time to use this effectively, sadly.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
I finished Bayo 2 last night! What a great game as well, I love it just as much, if not more, than the first. It was really short though. I raced through the first one without even realizing Alfheims were a thing, but in Bayo 2 I made sure to explore and actively search out Muspelheims and chests, and even then it was a lot shorter. Also after Chapter 16 I was expecting an epilogue so even when the credits were rolling I was like, is this really the end? Anyway great games, some of my all time favorites and Bayo 3 needs to happen because they set themselves up for it perfectly.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Lock on can actually cause you to interrupt the enemy, so pressing that button is worth it. It also makes some moves much simpler to execute.

"The Umbran Arts."

I cant wait until bayo is out and someone makes a guide using that exact title, lol.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
This is kinda random, but w/e.

As much as I love Bayonetta's redesign, I prefer her original outfit. Her hair is gorgeous and the rose motif on her "suit" is stunning. She looks so elegant.

I think I'll switch between all of the original palettes and occasionally use the white Bayo 2 one.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
It actually doesn't matter what order you buy the two games in, as no matter what, they'll both add up to $60 on the eshop.

CG✫Nova

Smash Rookie
NNID
Makashu393
Lol that's where I'm stuck too. I don't know if you're doing this already, but use Alraune's K combo during witch time and just hold the button down. It'll flip any enemy over and leave them open for a bit; you'll have to be pretty good at getting witch time in the first place before you die though.
Getting the Bracelet of Time helps a ton too...if you're willing to go through every chapter on 2nd climax and get at least a gold for it. I'm too lazy for that.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This is kinda random, but w/e.

As much as I love Bayonetta's redesign, I prefer her original outfit. Her hair is gorgeous and the rose motif on her "suit" is stunning. She looks so elegant.

I think I'll switch between all of the original palettes and occasionally use the white Bayo 2 one.
I prefer her original design too. I'll probably be using all of her original costumes, and then her default Bayo 2 outfit (maybe using the Jeanne palette here and there).

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I prefer her original design too. I'll probably be using all of her original costumes, and then her default Bayo 2 outfit (maybe using the Jeanne palette here and there).
I have this thing where I cannot use a default palette. Like, I don't know what it is, but I just can't. Even on the few occasions I do choose a default palette, I spend the whole match worrying about the palette and how I shouldn't be using it.

The only exception is for Bowser Jr. because I hate all of the Koopalings.

A lot of my favorite palettes are ones that are barely different from the default, though, like Bowser's pink-haired palette and the dark blue Lucario.

They did a fantastic job with all of Bayonetta's palettes, though. I would've liked a Cereza-inspired palette, but I'm content with what we have.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I have this thing where I cannot use a default palette. Like, I don't know what it is, but I just can't. Even on the few occasions I do choose a default palette, I spend the whole match worrying about the palette and how I shouldn't be using it.

The only exception is for Bowser Jr. because I hate all of the Koopalings.

A lot of my favorite palettes are ones that are barely different from the default, though, like Bowser's pink-haired palette and the dark blue Lucario.

They did a fantastic job with all of Bayonetta's palettes, though. I would've liked a Cereza-inspired palette, but I'm content with what we have.
I rarely use default palettes myself, but I feel like I can make an exception for Bayonetta. Her default is perfect, and there's no reason to mess with perfection~ Heheh.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
OG bayo for me. It's her iconic look, and IMO, the REAL bayonetta.

The blue, short hair look is some tame nonsense I dont care for.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I love her original design and I adore her new one.

I've said it before, but I still call her one of the most iconic game character designs in the history of the medium.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Lol that's where I'm stuck too. I don't know if you're doing this already, but use Alraune's K combo during witch time and just hold the button down. It'll flip any enemy over and leave them open for a bit; you'll have to be pretty good at getting witch time in the first place before you die though.
Getting the Bracelet of Time helps a ton too...if you're willing to go through every chapter on 2nd climax and get at least a gold for it. I'm too lazy for that.
I'm willing to do it to get the Bracelet of Time. After doing these Witch Trials multiple times, I feel like any chapter in the story will be a breeze to clear through and get at least Gold.

Top Bottom