• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Just beat Bayonetta 1 for the first time today after binge playing it for two days!
Awesome game! I can officially declare myself a Bayonetta fan!

Also, lots of moments where I said "well, she doesn't do THAT in Smash Bros.! Embarrass" At the same time, though, everything she does do in Smash is 1-with her abilities in her game.

Sakurai magic!

I'll be playing Bayonetta 2 soon. I hear it's way better than the first one, and I already had a blast with that, soooo...I think Bayo 2 might just blow me away.

B A Y O B O Y S :4bayonetta:

Last edited:

Crudele

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xbulsajawnx
I wonder how bayo's inclusion in smash boosted sales of games in the series. It seems like a lot of posts here are from excited people picking the games up for the first time.

That's too cool. Smash really is the gateway drug for people to get into different nintendo games.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I wonder how bayo's inclusion in smash boosted sales of games in the series. It seems like a lot of posts here are from excited people picking the games up for the first time.

That's too cool. Smash really is the gateway drug for people to get into different nintendo games.
I'm sure it's enough to push B2 over the 1 Million Milestone. It is at about 900k right now according to certain estimations.

Raven the Obsidian

Smash Cadet
NNID
RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC
3866-8144-2758
Bayonetta's announcement convinced me to finally play Bayonetta 1+2, and, well... I'll put it this way: I'm completely and utterly in love! They're bloody incredible games, and Bayonetta herself is such a fun, stylish and well-rounded character. I've finished Bayo 1 on Normal, and finished Bayo 2 on 2nd Climax last night and I'm about to play it on 3rd Climax. Bayonetta hype!

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
After Burner Kick and Breakdancing are my favourite moves so far! I decided to play Bayo 2 first so I can get an easier starting point
Speaking of breakdance, I practice it myself for about 3 years now. When I first saw the breakdance move in Bayonetta in May of this year, it really encourage me to master the move in real life!
The move is called "Windmill" and I can do it quite consistently by now. Thanks Bayonetta :') !

Last edited:

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
The music for Umbra Clock Tower is amazing! I'm really glad they included both versions of Let's Hit the Climax, I couldn't decide which one I liked better. Also After Burner (Infinity Climax) is another one I'm really happy got in, it's perfect for Smash!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
dear Jubileus, that second Masked Lumen fight...I can't remember the last time my heart kept pounding during a game...And I finished him off in a silly way! Countered that mofo, then After Burner Kick. Ganondorf, you no longer have the best kick in Smash

Raven the Obsidian

Smash Cadet
NNID
RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC
3866-8144-2758
dear Jubileus, that second Masked Lumen fight...I can't remember the last time my heart kept pounding during a game...And I finished him off in a silly way! Countered that mofo, then After Burner Kick. Ganondorf, you no longer have the best kick in Smash
Yeah, he's pretty tough. Funnily enough, though, I have more trouble with some normal enemies than with any bosses. Mainly Kinship, Gracious/Glorious and Sloth. I do at least have fun fighting Sloth, but I hate Kinship and Gracious/Glorious lol. I did have issues with Fortitudo in Bayo 1, but I was nooby at that point and I haven't done a refight yet. And Father Balder's last phase was pretty insane.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Only Platinum games give me that feeling these days. Nothing has given me that blood rush like the Metal Gear Rising boss fights.

Resentment is the thing that gives me the most trouble in B2. It's the most BS enemy in the game. Only thing in the game with instant kill attacks, and the whole child transformation thing does nothing but put a huge damper on the normally fast-paced action.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Only Platinum games give me that feeling these days. Nothing has given me that blood rush like the Metal Gear Rising boss fights.

Resentment is the thing that gives me the most trouble in B2. It's the most BS enemy in the game. Only thing in the game with instant kill attacks, and the whole child transformation thing does nothing but put a huge damper on the normally fast-paced action.
I thought it was hilarious killing the thing turning me into Little One, not that hard imo, then again, I chose easy mode to start things off
Yeah, he's pretty tough. Funnily enough, though, I have more trouble with some normal enemies than with any bosses. Mainly Kinship, Gracious/Glorious and Sloth. I do at least have fun fighting Sloth, but I hate Kinship and Gracious/Glorious lol. I did have issues with Fortitudo in Bayo 1, but I was nooby at that point and I haven't done a refight yet. And Father Balder's last phase was pretty insane.
It wasn't difficult, but climactic as ****, that intense action boiled my blood

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
Question.
Since this is a social thread, is it okay for people to talk about bragging rights for Bayonetta 1/2?
Because, and I'm so tooting my horn right now, Bayonetta 1 was the first and only game I've ever gotten a Platinum Trophy on (PS3)
I literally got every journal entry, weapon, outfit, fragrance, beat the hidden Chapter, got every accessory.. (I've done all of that multiple times heh)
Though Bayonetta 2 is much harder for me (contradicting what people say about it being easier, imo)
Okay, okay. I'm done. I'd love to see other people's amazing accomplishments though. (I-If that's okay in this thread)

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
Question.
Since this is a social thread, is it okay for people to talk about bragging rights for Bayonetta 1/2?
Because, and I'm so tooting my horn right now, Bayonetta 1 was the first and only game I've ever gotten a Platinum Trophy on (PS3)
I literally got every journal entry, weapon, outfit, fragrance, beat the hidden Chapter, got every accessory.. (I've done all of that multiple times heh)
Though Bayonetta 2 is much harder for me (contradicting what people say about it being easier, imo)
Okay, okay. I'm done. I'd love to see other people's amazing accomplishments though. (I-If that's okay in this thread)
That's amazing! I got through Bayo 1 on Normal with a vast majority of chapters having Stone awards. So far I'm doing better on Bayo 2 but I'm super impressed by your achievements! Maybe I can do better if I learn how to actually Dodge Offset effectively.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Question.
Heh, join the club! I 100%'d the game as well (all achievements, all unlocks, beat the secret boss).

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Did it all with Bayonetta and Jeanne. It's a little convenient that all the achievements carry over for the Jeanne playthrough.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Hello, everyone. I've been lurking in this thread for quite some time, but given that this is the Bayonetta thread, I was wondering if I could ask you guys some questions regarding whether I should get into the franchise.
First of all, I want to state that I own only Nintendo consoles. Outside of the PS2 and Dreamcast, I've been gaming solely on Nintendo consoles since the N64.
With that being said, I've been interested in Bayonetta 1 & 2 since they look so fun. However, the games look pretty violent, the characters spout out cuss words, and the shots of Bayonetta are a little too much for me to handle.
What I'm wanting to ask is this. Should these things deter me from purchasing the game? On one hand, I can deal with the violence and cussing, but on the other hand, the shots of Bayonetta's body parts look to be pretty frequent and a little cringe worthy.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
Hello, everyone. I've been lurking in this thread for quite some time, but given that this is the Bayonetta thread, I was wondering if I could ask you guys some questions regarding whether I should get into the franchise.
First of all, I want to state that I own only Nintendo consoles. Outside of the PS2 and Dreamcast, I've been gaming solely on Nintendo consoles since the N64.
With that being said, I've been interested in Bayonetta 1 & 2 since they look so fun. However, the games look pretty violent, the characters spout out cuss words, and the shots of Bayonetta are a little too much for me to handle.
What I'm wanting to ask is this. Should these things deter me from purchasing the game? On one hand, I can deal with the violence and cussing, but on the other hand, the shots of Bayonetta's body parts look to be pretty frequent and a little cringe worthy.
A couple things. First of all I totally get how the shots can be uncomfortable. I feel they aren't that abundant though? The opening of Bayo 1 is full of em but otherwise I felt there was not that many times it was a focus. I can't speak for Bayo 2 though because I'm only a few chapters in. However there are moves where she becomes partially/almost completely nude but it's during combat and isn't focused on, and when it is its during the climax or final move of the boss battle where it's focused on for a second. It is violent but there isn't any gore, I mean there is blood but that's the extent of it.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
A couple things. First of all I totally get how the shots can be uncomfortable. I feel they aren't that abundant though? The opening of Bayo 1 is full of em but otherwise I felt there was not that many times it was a focus. I can't speak for Bayo 2 though because I'm only a few chapters in. However there are moves where she becomes partially/almost completely nude but it's during combat and isn't focused on, and when it is its during the climax or final move of the boss battle where it's focused on for a second. It is violent but there isn't any gore, I mean there is blood but that's the extent of it.
Okay, thanks.
I mean, when I saw Bayonetta humping a horse and go completely naked at the beginning of Bayonetta 2, I was like :eek: "Is this what the rest of the game will be like?"
Oh well. Good to hear that these moments aren't too abundant.
By the way, I know this seems stupid to ask, but should I play Bayonetta 1 before Bayonetta 2?

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
Okay, thanks.
I mean, when I saw Bayonetta humping a horse and go completely naked at the beginning of Bayonetta 2, I was like :eek: "Is this what the rest of the game will be like?"
Oh well. Good to hear that these moments aren't too abundant.
By the way, I know this seems stupid to ask, but should I play Bayonetta 1 before Bayonetta 2?
No problem! I will again say, I'm only a few chapters in to Bayo 2, so I don't know the whole game but if it's anything like Bayo 1 I think it'll be fine. As for the order, I would play Bayo 1 first just because it is a really good game and I wouldn't want you to play the second and then play the first and not enjoy it because it's a less polished version of the battle system and mechanics (it's not bad by any means but they improved upon it a lot in the second one) and if you want to get a lot of references and characters then you should play the first one.

A warning though, physical copies are hard to come by right now, so be vigilant! Otherwise I got both games digitally for the same price as the physical version.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
You'll get used to it

fast

embrace it

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
No problem! I will again say, I'm only a few chapters in to Bayo 2, so I don't know the whole game but if it's anything like Bayo 1 I think it'll be fine. As for the order, I would play Bayo 1 first just because it is a really good game and I wouldn't want you to play the second and then play the first and not enjoy it because it's a less polished version of the battle system and mechanics (it's not bad by any means but they improved upon it a lot in the second one) and if you want to get a lot of references and characters then you should play the first one.

A warning though, physical copies are hard to come by right now, so be vigilant! Otherwise I got both games digitally for the same price as the physical version.
I do hear that GameStop has pre owned copies of Bayonetta 2 for $35.
I can't afford to go digital unfortunately since I downloaded the Xenoblade X data packs, so yeah. First world problems.
Also, I find it really dumb that Nintendo blocks consumers 16 or under from viewing information on the eShop regarding M-rated titles. I have to go on another account just to do so.
You'll get used to it

fast

embrace it
Given that this is Bayonetta we're talking about, I don't think she cares if we're ready for what she has in store.:laugh:

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Sounds like a pretty fun time, honestly.
To be fair, I say this as a person whose games don't really consist of these elements.
Speaking of how fun the game is, is Bayonetta one of those easy to learn, hard to master video games?

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
To be fair, I say this as a person who's games don't really consist of these elements.
Speaking of how fun the game is, is Bayonetta one of those easy to learn, hard to master video games?
No, not at all. It's definitely not easy to learn.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
So, the game throws you in the deep end when it comes to mechanics, then?
A little bit...you get a tutorial at the beginning of the game that details the basic controls for you and some new mechanics pop up later on and are very briefly detailed for you but it's up to you to figure out how to deal with each enemy effectively. It can be a difficult game and it's definitely hard to master, I know I haven't, but it's a rewarding one imo.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
It just has some trial and error. There will be parts (In the first game at least) where a cut scene ends and immediately throws you into the game with an enemy trying to hit you before you realize the cut scene is over or stupid insta kill QTEs. There will also be enemies that you really have to learn there patterns to beat them.

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
The game has a mechanic that is literally never mentioned IN the game
Dodge Offset. You have to actually look it up in techniques, or have heard of it, to know it exists.
Once you learn how to use combos and mechanics at least decently well, the game becomes VERY fun.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
It just has some trial and error. There will be parts (In the first game at least) where a cut scene ends and immediately throws you into the game with an enemy trying to hit you before you realize the cut scene is over or stupid insta kill QTEs. There will also be enemies that you really have to learn there patterns to beat them.
Ugh QTEs. I literally just completed the game a couple days ago and I forgot about those. They suck so much.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Ugh QTEs. I literally just completed the game a couple days ago and I forgot about those. They suck so much.
It was the worst against that plant boss. I was doing fine until all of a sudden I press the wrong button and get eaten.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Reading some of the comments, it seems Bayonetta's placing in Smash is helping for others to get her games. But now I have been reading her Wii U game is hard to get. I feel the same as just today, there is nowhere where I could order the collector's edition of Fire Emblem Fates now that I have finally the money...

A similar effect on Cloud is happening. Where people like Zero and M2K had no interest on Cloud, now they are interested on FF VII.

Anyway, there is something I've wanted to say on Bayonetta for sometime, sort of a thought or small essay.

Bayonetta was originally a game made for the XBox 360, this was a Japanese game aimed mainly at a western console known for its "attractiveness" for the "mature" and "hardcore" crowd. That is, they were probably expecting for such a sensual heroine to be welcome with arms wide open by mature audiences.

Sadly this was not the case for Bayonetta. Sure she did get her fans and following, but was still seen as a niche character and franchise. Later gets a PS3 port even her creator hates, but that did not help.

Time passed, a Bayonetta sequel was being planned but seeing how the first game performed; Sega did not want to found the project. Platinum later went to the "hardcore" companies Microsoft and Sony, but they were not interested. Odd as they were really pushing for "mature" titles.

Bayonetta was the little witch none wanted... of course thing is she is a grown woman... though in the first game; we get to see her as... ehm anyway I hope I am clear with this description.

Then out of the blue something happened... as Nintendo was announcing its line up for the Wii U, the breif but controversial announcement of Bayonetta 2 shock the gaming world. None expected a company like Nintendo to found such project!

And so Nintendo pushed Bayonetta around so people could know her better, and ever since the day of that announcement; some kept wondering if this could mean Bayonetta herself could be in the then next game of Super Smash Bros?

Her sequel was released along with the first game so Nintendo players could see her very beginings as maybe some missed it. Still the game had "niche" sells, but was well received by fans and critics.

The year after the release of Bayonetta 2, the now late Satoru Iwata gives the news for a Smash bros character Ballot which he would sadly never saw the result of. The ballot itself was controversial as like its name suggested, some saw it as a suggestion box, and others as an electoral voting.

Its results are controversial as well, but more on that later. The ballot was the way for fans to have their voice be heard, on seeing their favorite characters on Smash Bros. As mentioned some say that if a character was suggested enough, it would probably be noticed by Sakurai: others that the one with the most votes or at least the top something would be the ones to get in. Somehow this is what happened.

Yes, many affirm they voted for their peculiar characters; but I did notice that at least in their top 10 choices, Bayonetta was there. She actually had the chances, was on a Nintendo console and her follwing rivaled that of the most sounding characters among fans.

And that union did pay off, Bayonetta won the overall worldwide ballot; and got into the game. Showcasing she has man fans, and that these people are Nintendo fans as well.

Sure, the ballot results are controversial themselves; as some believe she did not win and was going to appear anyway due to Nintendo's founding of the sequel game; but I do feel Bayonetta got lots of fan support in the ballot. Again Nintendo fans, showing she is trully loved and accepted by Nintendo fans; not PS nor Xbox players who did not give her enough support or just simply did not care for her.

Nintendo is Bayonetta´s true home and this is proof of it as weird as it sounds. Really they should get her IP as aside Platinum, she is not quite loved anywhere else. Wish along with it, Nintendo would get Mega Man's IP, but right now it is shown that Bayonetta is the little witch loved by Nintendo and its fans... after Ashley lol.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
If you are playing a game like Bayonetta for the first tme, it will definitely give you problems your first run through, but you just gotta keep at it to get better. Once you start getting into the game, it becomes more and more fun.

Also, if yoy end up enjoying Bayonetta, then you would also potentially like The Wonderful 101, which is also made by Platinum.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Shots like these aren't really that frequent in the games themselves. There's a few over exaggerated zoomed in parts in cutcsenes per game. You've probbably already seen half if not most of them already. Like you said...its a really fun game and at times pretty comical. I think you should buy them because the rest of the game should make you really enjoy it despite the few cringe worthy bits. B1 is harder and has a darker atmosphere but you will learn a lot about Bayo's character there. Give it a go I would say. :)

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Shots like these aren't really that frequent in the games themselves. There's a few over exaggerated zoomed in parts in cutcsenes per game. You've probbably already seen half if not most of them already. Like you said...its a really fun game and at times pretty comical. I think you should buy them because the rest of the game should make you really enjoy it despite the few cringe worthy bits. B1 is harder and has a darker atmosphere but you will learn a lot about Bayo's character there. Give it a go I would say. :)
Alright, Wolfie557 Wolfie557 .
Thank you all for the feedback! I think I may ask for the game for my birthday.
I can't wait to play the games.
The only problem now is to actually ask them for the game. They might just refuse to get me it based on rating and cover art alone.:ohwell:
Whatever the case may be, I WILL get my hands on a copy of Bayonetta 2 since I'll probably be missing out on something special if I don't.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Glad to see many people seem to be giving her games and go and like them. Also makes you glad she doesn't get access to some of her more ridiculous weapons...
I swear to God if she got her whips and scythe.....
Would people complain about another sword weirder if her swords were on her feet?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Would people complain about another sword weirder if her swords were on her feet?
Go check the Corrin board, and look at the thread "An entire thread in defense of Corrin". Someone there complained that Bayonetta was another swordfighter because, even though she doesn't use a single sword attack in Smash, she used swords in her source game, thus making her a swordfighter.

TL;DR: Yes. Yes, they would.

Top Bottom