• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Go check the Corrin board, and look at the thread "An entire thread in defense of Corrin". Someone there complained that Bayonetta was another swordfighter because, even though she doesn't use a single sword attack in Smash, she used swords in her source game, thus making her a swordfighter.

TL;DR: Yes. Yes, they would.
Well, that is what blind rage will do I guess.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Alright, Wolfie557 Wolfie557 .
Thank you all for the feedback! I think I may ask for the game for my birthday.
I can't wait to play the games.
The only problem now is to actually ask them for the game. They might just refuse to get me it based on rating and cover art alone.:ohwell:
Whatever the case may be, I WILL get my hands on a copy of Bayonetta 2 since I'll probably be missing out on something special if I don't.
Just use this

Last edited:

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
Go check the Corrin board, and look at the thread "An entire thread in defense of Corrin". Someone there complained that Bayonetta was another swordfighter because, even though she doesn't use a single sword attack in Smash, she used swords in her source game, thus making her a swordfighter.

TL;DR: Yes. Yes, they would.
Speaking of Corrin and swordfighter: isn't funny how there isn't any spearfighter up to this point? Especially when you think that there are plenty in Fire Emblem.

... Balder for smash though...

blackghost

Smash Champion
Speaking of Corrin and swordfighter: isn't funny how there isn't any spearfighter up to this point? Especially when you think that there are plenty in Fire Emblem.
I'd want to see that just to see the salt happen again.
... Balder for smash though...

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I found all these articles to be very fun reads. I dare say, Platinum Games is truly a phenomenal enterprise.

Gamespot.com | Inside Platinum Games: Japan's Most Unique Game Development Studio

Gamespot.com | Balancing IP Needs with Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation

Gamespot.com | Breaking Limits with Star Fox Zero

[EDIT] If they do make a Bayonetta 3, I hope it's for the NX and not the Wii U. Also, if the NX proves more successful than the Wii U, I could see a lot of Wii U games being ported to the NX.

Last edited:

Raven the Obsidian

Smash Cadet
NNID
RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC
3866-8144-2758
I like Takemikazuchi's power, but the slowness is too big of a sacrifice for me
I usually run Shuraba + Rakshasa, or Chernobog + Alruna.
Hah, that's funny; as we speak my A set is Shuraba + Rakshasa, and my B set is Chernobog + Alruna :p We have the same taste in weapons, it seems.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I found all these articles to be very fun reads. I dare say, Platinum Games is truly a phenomenal enterprise.

Gamespot.com | Inside Platinum Games: Japan's Most Unique Game Development Studio

Gamespot.com | Balancing IP Needs with Platinum Games' Transformers: Devastation

Gamespot.com | Breaking Limits with Star Fox Zero

[EDIT] If they do make a Bayonetta 3, I hope it's for the NX and not the Wii U. Also, if the NX proves more successful than the Wii U, I could see a lot of Wii U games being ported to the NX.
NX has no choice but to do better than the Wii U. And if we do get bayo 3, it most likely will be for the NX if Nintendo decides to foot the bill again. But that is not gonna happen for a little bit, since Platinum already has both Nier 2 and Scalebound to make.

Altais

Smash Champion
NX has no choice but to do better than the Wii U. And if we do get bayo 3, it most likely will be for the NX if Nintendo decides to foot the bill again. But that is not gonna happen for a little bit, since Platinum already has both Nier 2 and Scalebound to make.
Agreed. If anything, I'm hoping the NX will be as powerful as the XBone and PS4--if nothing else, to attract third-party developers.

Also hoping Scalebound gets ported to the PS4. As of now, because of Scalebound and Tales of Zestiria, I am torn between buying a PS4 or XBone--reason being both consoles have a few exclusives I want to play. I'm not buying both.

David Viran

Smash Lord
OK. I was going through bayo 1 on hard and noticed I missed the prologue so I went and did it. And that was absolutely the hardest chapter I've done so far. Why did gracious and glorious have to be the only opponents on the part you needed to do 3 torture attacks and they won't hit you unless you hit them first so you can't just try to react to everything to get gauge? And why do you lose almost all of your gauge for one hit? So many questions.

Edit: Happy new year.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Happy new years ladies. 2016 is upon us.

now we wait until February.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Agreed. If anything, I'm hoping the NX will be as powerful as the XBone and PS4--if nothing else, to attract third-party developers.

Also hoping Scalebound gets ported to the PS4. As of now, because of Scalebound and Tales of Zestiria, I am torn between buying a PS4 or XBone--reason being both consoles have a few exclusives I want to play. I'm not buying both.
Didn't SE say they would consider FFXV on the NX?

Altais

Smash Champion
Didn't SE say they would consider FFXV on the NX?
[Shrugs] All I know is that Square was planning for Dragon Quest X & XI to be for the NX, but since not enough is known yet about the NX, Square, for the time being, is keeping their hand of cards concealed. Source?

Gamespot.com | Nintendo NX's First Games Announced By Square Enix

DQX was released for the Wii, Wii U, 3DS, and PS4; and DQXI is currently in development for the 3DS and PS4. Since all these systems have different levels of power, it's hard to judge how powerful the NX will be from these facts alone. But I am digressing.

Though I've seen lots of speculation, I haven't heard anything about Final Fantasy XV coming to the NX, though there are rumours that the Final Fantasy VII remake could be coming to the NX. Until there's solid proof of this, though, for now it's best to carry a bucket of salt.

Rule of Acquisition #190: Hear all, trust nothing.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Because of examz and what not.. Jan will fly by for me but Feb will feel like a looooong wait before Bayonetta. I'm personally hoping Corrin & Bayonetta release in the first 2 weeks of the month - maybe straight after a Feb Direct!

Should there be a Bayo/All DLC tournament with people on this board? :D

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
School and work always keep me busy, so timezones are a *****. I know I'm only an hour ahead of you though, Mr UK
Because of examz and what not.. Jan will fly by for me but Feb will feel like a looooong wait before Bayonetta. I'm personally hoping Corrin & Bayonetta release in the first 2 weeks of the month - maybe straight after a Feb Direct!

Should there be a Bayo/All DLC tournament with people on this board? :D

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
I'm hoping for a January Direct w/ a release date for DLC towards the end of January! Doesn't Nintendo usually do one in January anyway to detail releases through spring? I've really gotta pick up Bayo 2 again, I haven't been able to play since I've been so busy :'( Also Happy New Year to you all!

Forze Dell'Oscurita

Smash Rookie
I tried researching when the next direct would be and I couldn't find anything :/. I kept getting dates from past directs or games that have already been announced. Hopefully we'll hear something again soon. I'm hoping that she will be available at the beginning of February. An all Bayo tournament sounds fun when she is released! :D

I haven't bought Bayo 2 yet, but until then I'm going back through the first game and replacing all my stones with gold trophies.

Happy New Year to everybody!

Raven the Obsidian

Smash Cadet
NNID
RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC
3866-8144-2758
The whip weapon is surprisingly fun. If Bayo had customs, I can easily see the other weapons being represented
Are you talking about Alruna? Alruna is amazing. I wasn't really a big fan of Kulshedra in Bayo 1, so it came as quite a surprise when I fell in love with Alruna in Bayo 2, lol! Its KKKK combo is just... hnnnng.

I'm hoping for a January Direct w/ a release date for DLC towards the end of January!
They said that Bayonetta and Corrin's release dates will be announced via the Smash 4 official website.

I tried researching when the next direct would be and I couldn't find anything :/.
Directs are usually only announced 2-3 days before they broadcast. It's kind of annoying, but it does raise a lot of hype very quickly when they do get announced!

Happy new year, Bayo fans~

Last edited:

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
Okay, so.
I have to get this off my chest. [RANT ALERT WEEOOO WEEOOO]
The thing I loved about the enemies in the first Bayonetta is how, even on the harder difficulties when they attacked faster, the enemies still telegraphed their attacks kinda obviously.
It made the game fun, challenging, but not ridiculous like you're supposed to know to dodge when the enemy shrugs their shoulder
But when I played the demo for Bayo 2, the first thing I noticed, especially against Gomorrah, was "Wait what. THAT was an attack? I THOUGHT HE WAS JUST TURNING HIS HEAD".
And that's how it is with a lot, like, a LOT of enemies in Bayo 2. They little *shing* in their eyes before they attack no longer comes out on time, it's a bit late. And even then, their attacks themselves are kind of ridiculously timed. Okay, I'm done. But I'm not the only one who thinks this, right..?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Okay, so.
The thing I loved about the enemies in the first Bayonetta is how, even on the harder difficulties when they attacked faster, the enemies still telegraphed their attacks kinda obviously.
It made the game fun, challenging, but not ridiculous like you're supposed to know to dodge when the enemy shrugs their shoulder
But when I played the demo for Bayo 2, the first thing I noticed, especially against Gomorrah, was "Wait what. THAT was an attack? I THOUGHT HE WAS JUST TURNING HIS HEAD".
And that's how it is with a lot, like, a LOT of enemies in Bayo 2. They little *shing* in their eyes before they attack no longer comes out on time, it's a bit late. And even then, their attacks themselves are kind of ridiculously timed. Okay, I'm done. But I'm not the only one who thinks this, right..?
Can't you cancel almost every attack with a dodge roll in 2 though?

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
Can't you cancel almost every attack with a dodge roll in 2 though?
You can do that in the first one too. But the problem is that the attacks in Bayo 2 are so fast, that by the time I think to dodge, I'm already hit.
Mind you, I'm not slow when it comes to reaction times. I just really hate how attacks are in Bayo 2, personally.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Okay, so.
Admittedly When I first played Bayo 2 I noticed how hard it was to predict when the enemies attacked or were going to. Especially later in the game *Spoiler* when you get to Hell and face the demon enemy's ( I hate Sloth ) *End of Spoiler*, But that's all part of the learning experience and over time you start to memorize their attack patterns and it gets progressively easier.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You can do that in the first one too. But the problem is that the attacks in Bayo 2 are so fast, that by the time I think to dodge, I'm already hit.
Mind you, I'm not slow when it comes to reaction times. I just really hate how attacks are in Bayo 2, personally.
personally didn't have much trouble. Then again, I activated Bat Within a LOT easier lategame...
Admittedly When I first played Bayo 2 I noticed how hard it was to predict when the enemies attacked or were going to. Especially later in the game *Spoiler* when you get to Hell and face the demon enemy's ( I hate Sloth ) *End of Spoiler*, But that's all part of the learning experience and over time you start to memorize their attack patterns and it gets progressively easier.
[ ] these are your spoiler brackets, and instead of end of spoiler, you type [/spoiler]

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
personally didn't have much trouble. Then again, I activated Bat Within a LOT easier lategame...

[ ] these are your spoiler brackets, and instead of end of spoiler, you type [/spoiler]
Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea being i'm still sorta new to the smash boards.

Altais

Smash Champion
In many ways, I actually found Bayonetta 2 to be easier than Bayonetta 1. [Shrugs] But perhaps that's because I just had experience from the first game. In Bayonetta 2, I did the first level on 2nd Climax, but played the rest of the game on 3rd Climax, getting mostly silver trophies.

Once I'm done with Xenoblade Chronicles X, I think I will try to get all-platinum rank in both Bayonetta games. I dare say, I thoroughly enjoyed both Bayonetta games. It was like The Wonderful 101, without having to look after a huge team.

I'm still hoping Kamiya considers developing the next Kid Icarus game. I think he would do an exceptional job. While I was playing both Bayonetta games, I couldn't help but think to mineself, "it would be really cool to have a Kid Icarus game very similar to this".

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
In many ways, I actually found Bayonetta 2 to be easier than Bayonetta 1. [Shrugs] But perhaps that's because I just had experience from the first game. In Bayonetta 2, I did the first level on 2nd Climax, but played the rest of the game on 3rd Climax, getting mostly silver trophies.
I need to get bayo 2. I hear a lot of mixed reviews on the mechanics of the game. I know my first play through in bayo 1 was really bad. Mostly stone trophies. I'm going through a second time right now on hard and am doing waaay better. Getting a lot of gold and silvers. Prolly because I decided to boycott items this time around.

Raven the Obsidian

Smash Cadet
NNID
RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC
3866-8144-2758

Once I'm done with Xenoblade Chronicles X, I think I will try to get all-platinum rank in both Bayonetta games. I dare say, I thoroughly enjoyed both Bayonetta games. It was like The Wonderful 101, without having to look after a huge team.

I'm still hoping Kamiya considers developing the next Kid Icarus game. I think he would do an exceptional job. While I was playing both Bayonetta games, I couldn't help but think to mineself, "it would be really cool to have a Kid Icarus game very similar to this".
Oh, dude, a Kid Icarus developed by Kamiya would be a real treat. There were parts of Bayo 2 that did give me a KI Uprising vibe. Hopefully the control scheme would be a bit better in a hypothetical KIU2 :p The lack of a second analogue stick for camera controls hurt KIU's control scheme, unfortunately. I can't believe you couldn't map a CPP to camera controls...

I know my first play through in bayo 1 was really bad. Mostly stone trophies. I'm going through a second time right now on hard and am doing waaay better. Getting a lot of gold and silvers. Prolly because I decided to boycott items this time around.
Lol yeah, I got almost exclusively Stones on Bayo 1, with exception of a couple surprise Golds on Iustitia and Sapientia. Meanwhile on my first run of Bayo 2, the lowest I got was Silver, with several Golds and even a Platinum on Chapter IV :p

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I need to get bayo 2. I hear a lot of mixed reviews on the mechanics of the game. I know my first play through in bayo 1 was really bad. Mostly stone trophies. I'm going through a second time right now on hard and am doing waaay better. Getting a lot of gold and silvers. Prolly because I decided to boycott items this time around.
This always kind of bugs me in these Platinum games. "Here's a whole bunch of helpful items, and ingredients to make more. Oh, but if you use any of them, you suck." Not quite as egregious in Bayo 2 where you simply miss out on an end-of-level bonus, unlike W101 where you're actively penalized for using any at all.

Altais

Smash Champion
Oh, dude, a Kid Icarus developed by Kamiya would be a real treat. There were parts of Bayo 2 that did give me a KI Uprising vibe. Hopefully the control scheme would be a bit better in a hypothetical KIU2 :p The lack of a second analogue stick for camera controls hurt KIU's control scheme, unfortunately. I can't believe you couldn't map a CPP to camera controls...
I actually asked Kamiya if he would ever be interested in developing the next Kid Icarus. Unfortunately, though, I didn't get an answer. I can understand why he wouldn't answer, though, due to publicity, rumours, and insane fans. I guess the fact alone he didn't block me like he does most people at least means I didn't annoy him. That said, I'm hoping mine question DID stick in the back of his mind.

I've even wrote a basic storyline for the (possible) Kid Icarus sequel, and would love to share it with Kamiya. That said, however, he strikes me as the guy whom likes to do things his own way. [Shrugs] Not that I blame him.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
The next direct would be aimed for February since Corrin and hopefully Bayonetta will be released then.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I've even wrote a basic storyline for the (possible) Kid Icarus sequel, and would love to share it with Kamiya. That said, however, he strikes me as the guy whom likes to do things his own way. [Shrugs] Not that I blame him.
Not to squash your initiative, but high profile game developers get pitches from fans like this all the time. If they were to develop a new story, it would need to come from the original creators and would never be fan sourced.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
The biggest difference for me is the sound cues. In Bayo 1, every enemy had very distinguishable noises depending on the attack. The most obvious example is the basic angels that make their weird growl followed by a "schwing" noise as they ready their swing. It made it so you could time your dodges even when the fights were extremely hectic and hard to keep up with visually. You could easily associate the sounds with their respective enemies and focus primarily on them. I find there to be much less of that in Bayo 2 (excluding the parts where the Bayo 1 enemies appear, obviously).

Top Bottom