• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Raven the Obsidian

Smash Cadet
NNID
RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC
3866-8144-2758
I have this thing where I cannot use a default palette. Like, I don't know what it is, but I just can't. Even on the few occasions I do choose a default palette, I spend the whole match worrying about the palette and how I shouldn't be using it.
I'm actually the exact opposite for most of the characters I play; Roy is the only one of my mains where I actively prefer one of the alts to the default (purple Roy all the way!) When I play King Dedede, Cloud and Pit, I tend to prefer using their defaults just because I don't particularly like many of their alts. I'll be using the default palette for Bayonetta, too, with maybe the occasional Jeanne, since I much prefer the Bayonetta 2 design. :p

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Palettes are one of my favorite parts of Smash, so letting them go to waste by using the default ones is an automatic no from me.

I legit feel bad for people that use default palettes.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
I'm a really big fan of Bayo 2's design. I like both of them a lot but I just like Bayo 2's more. Plus all the palettes for her newer design are really cool, I like the metallics and I plan on maining the silver one! I really like Bayo 1's design as well, but all the colors are kind of dull which isn't something I'm a fan of. Whenever I use her original costume I'll probably use the default one.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
With all my mains I should all colours but there's always a few I use the most regularly and are usually my go-to colours. E.g with Rosaluma it's default,green and gold followed by red and black.

ZSS it's ussually the green, red or black.

With Bayonetta im sure it will be B2, B1 , Silver B2 , Jeanne and Green B1. I don't like the shade of the orange and because of this knowing myself I will most likely use it more than the 2 remaining B1 colours just because I feel sad for not liking it which would make me feel as tho I rarely use it. It happens a lot so I'll be choosing the B2 bronze more than I want to.

Lel I'm wierd.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I can never choose one single color to use so I typically just pick a random one. I'll do the same for Bayonetta, but I probably won't use the Jeanne palette too much.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
For color picking, I am probably gonna rock either default Bayo 1 or Bayo 2 costume colors. Some characters, I just prefer the default colors, since I don't really care much for the other colors they have available.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You are no longer welcome here.
Let's add him to The List.

*brings out giant book bound with what looks like human skin

*takes a needle, pricks finger and begins scrawling in blood "Justin... Allen..."

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Count me among those who arent too crazy about jeanne. She's just not that interesting, and her bayo2 design is laaaaaaame.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm not a fan of her Parisian look in B1, especially that horrible eye makeup but I still liked her.
In the sequal she took the back seat a little but whenever she appeared she was awesome. If there's any character I don't like is Loki. The moment I first saw him I didn't like that annoying little rapper idiot with his useless cards of his. I don't know why he bothers to help out kill enemies in certain sections. It was so satisfying to kill his evil half, even if I liked that design better.

Anyway... I don't like the inclusion of Chain Chomp either. I refuse to use it more than once. It's just freaking Mario overload and the time could have been used to make a weapon based on say... axes or something. Or bring back the ice skates, at least.
/rant

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I liked Jeanne as a rival character. Someone who was an equal to Bayonetta was pretty cool, considering just how goddamn powerful this chick is.

She didn't get much screentime in Bayo 2, but she was still a pretty good character.

Although, I will be honest... Not a fan of her Bayo 1 appearance. She looked too... manish.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Jeanne's eyelashes in Bayo 1 make me want to cry.

Edit: OMG THE IMAGE FILE NAME

Edit2: okay so I went back to Jeanne's gallery page on the Bayo wiki and literally all her image file names are like this:

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love Jeanne and Bayonetta equally, and I like Jeanne's design in both games for different reasons. I kinda dig the lashes too. The only thing I dislike with Jeanne is how she doesn't get her feathers on her guns in B2, even with the B1 outfit.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I love Jeanne and Bayonetta equally, and I like Jeanne's design in both games for different reasons. I kinda dig the lashes too. The only thing I dislike with Jeanne is how she doesn't get her feathers on her guns in B2, even with the B1 outfit.
Must have gone out of d'arc fashion these days.

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
She looks like a drag queen to me, and her character was just SOOOO sarcastic in Bayo 1, then suddenly über-sincere in the sequel. Plot reasons don't sell me on such a huge personality flip. I do like the dynamic between her and Bayonetta, though. Personally, I wanted to see and learn more of Rosa, if anything.

Raven the Obsidian

Smash Cadet
NNID
RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC
3866-8144-2758
Jeanne's eyelashes in Bayo 1 make me want to cry.

Edit: OMG THE IMAGE FILE NAME

Edit2: okay so I went back to Jeanne's gallery page on the Bayo wiki and literally all her image file names are like this:

Those are some of the best file names I've ever seen xD

I didn't like Jeanne's Bayo 1 design, but I looooveher Bayo 2 design. Those flowing silver locks are beautiful. I'm not sure whether or not I'll use the Jeanne palette for Bayonetta, I can't quite decide if I think it suits her or not. I kind of hope using that alt makes her Wicked Weaves white, though; it's be weird seeing black Wicked Weaves come from Jeanne's hair colour.

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
I actually love Jeanne's design in both Bayo 1 and 2.
And I, believe it or not, love Jeanne more than Bayonetta, but Rosa more than both Jeanne and Bayo. (I just can't find good Rosa fan art... ;; )
I'm kind of infatuated with basically everything about the games... (Sorrynotsorry)

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
She looks like a drag queen to me, and her character was just SOOOO sarcastic in Bayo 1, then suddenly über-sincere in the sequel. Plot reasons don't sell me on such a huge personality flip. I do like the dynamic between her and Bayonetta, though. Personally, I wanted to see and learn more of Rosa, if anything.
Well, to be fair, there is an explanation for that.

Jeanne was brainwashed in Bayo 1 by Baldur, so that he could use her to help Bayonetta awaken the Eye of the World. Once Bayo beated her in her last fight, she took the gem from Bayo, which released her from the control of Baldur, and restored her back to normal.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone else notice that on the Bayonetta artwork displayed during the Direct, Villager is on the "evil" side?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Did anyone else notice that on the Bayonetta artwork displayed during the Direct, Villager is on the "evil" side?
Because Villager is dark sided.

Everyone knew that already.

Forze Dell'Oscurita

Smash Rookie
I loved how Jeanne looked like a drag queen in the first one. I haven't played the second Bayo game (yet!), but I saw the way she looked in her trophy and I'm not really sold on her with long hair.

Again, I haven't played the second one yet so I can't speak for her there; but I liked how she was very sarcastic when talking to Bayo and even at the ending. I liked how she prodded Bayonetta on with her little quips.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I had an idea for what I'm gonna do once I get my hands on Bayonetta.

I'm going to see how many of the combos from her original game I can recreate in Smash.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Palettes are one of my favorite parts of Smash, so letting them go to waste by using the default ones is an automatic no from me.

I legit feel bad for people that use default palettes.
If you like the design/color scheme for a character, there's no reason to use another one. Maybe if you think the optional colors look better, but even then there's nothing wrong with using default. It's how the character is supposed to look.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
If you like the design/color scheme for a character, there's no reason to use another one. Maybe if you think the optional colors look better, but even then there's nothing wrong with using default. It's how the character is supposed to look.
Are you saying you use default Puff?

because she has some of the best palettes in the game

how dare u

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nah I use her palettes because they just add to her design. For most characters I generally use palettes but most of the time I will rotate around if there's multiple I like, and usually that means using default occasionally too. And then there's characters like Squirtle or Fox where the default is the only good option.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
And there's cases like Sonic and Lucario where every option is so close to default that you might as well just use default anyway.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Well, to be fair, there is an explanation for that.

Jeanne was brainwashed in Bayo 1 by Baldur, so that he could use her to help Bayonetta awaken the Eye of the World. Once Bayo beated her in her last fight, she took the gem from Bayo, which released her from the control of Baldur, and restored her back to normal.
Wut??? I always thought that
she was PRETENDING to help out balder so that Bayo could regain her strength slowly each time Jeanne challenges her.

;.; but actually I prefer the way you said it anyway. :p
[/SPOILER,

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
So I recently replayed Bayo 1 and realized how nonsense the climax is. What is Balder's motivation for anything? Is he just a nut for power? What is the context of the Two Eyes? How are Bayonetta and Cereza the same person (even though it was obvious the whole time, their designs are very similar), present at the same place and time? Why is she even wandering around?

Also I really need Bayo 2. PS3 version performs sooooo poorly and it doesn't help that the HDMI port has been broken for like three years. It also doesn't help that my controller is super wack. ;__;

David Viran

Smash Lord
What I didn't understand about bayo was why she only went full Power against bosses? I can understand regular angels but there were some powerful regular enemies that prolly deserved it or when you face all the bosses again you don't do it. Could have made my life way easier.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
So I recently replayed Bayo 1 and realized how nonsense the climax is. What is Balder's motivation for anything? Is he just a nut for power? What is the context of the Two Eyes? How are Bayonetta and Cereza the same person (even though it was obvious the whole time, their designs are very similar), present at the same place and time? Why is she even wandering around?

Also I really need Bayo 2. PS3 version performs sooooo poorly and it doesn't help that the HDMI port has been broken for like three years. It also doesn't help that my controller is super wack. ;__;
Balder's motivation and the origin of the Eyes are actually explained in the second game, which is all the more reason to get it. :D As for why Cereza was wandering around, Balder brought her to the future to ultimately change the past and awaken the Left Eye. HOW she can wander around is beyond me. Magick and luck I guess.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Wut??? I always thought that
she was PRETENDING to help out balder so that Bayo could regain her strength slowly each time Jeanne challenges her.

;.; but actually I prefer the way you said it anyway. :p
[/SPOILER,
Yeah, Balder actually explains this himself before you fight him, and they show it off in the Epilogue when they show how Jeanne survived the missiles. Pay attention to her eyes in that cutscene, it changes from the Lumen symbol back to the Umbra one to show that she is free.

What I didn't understand about bayo was why she only went full Power against bosses? I can understand regular angels but there were some powerful regular enemies that prolly deserved it or when you face all the bosses again you don't do it. Could have made my life way easier.
Because it wouldn't be fair gameplay wise. There is an item in Bayo 1 that lets you have the same power you have when you are fighting bosses, however, this means that everything you do isn't recorded, so it is really only useful for fighting Rodin or when you want to mess around, not caring about rank.

Last edited:

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
Okay. Real talk. I HATE Fearless, Fairness, and Greed. They're all just super, SUPER annoying enemies. I really wish I could choose the enemies to spawn in Training Mode, so I could learn how to react to their attacks... I mean, LORD do I need time to adjust to them...

Last edited:
Top Bottom