• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Exactly. Hell, her Smash incarnation is this too, especially that Dsmash. Bayonetta's controversy about whether or nit she's a power or sexual fantasy can be compared to a wrestler imo. It's both. And because I like dem grillz, I get to enjoy eeeeeverythiiiing~
She uses her sexuality to her advantage. She knows she looks good.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Exactly. Hell, her Smash incarnation is this too, especially that Dsmash. Bayonetta's controversy about whether or nit she's a power or sexual fantasy can be compared to a wrestler imo. It's both. And because I like dem grillz, I get to enjoy eeeeeverythiiiing~
Well it's the same as any of the heroes of ancient myth: they were strong, empowered men (and, yes, sometimes women) that were explicitly attractive and often depicted in a manner that emphasised their physical endowment. The cultures that created these heroes tended to be much more open to the concept of love as an expression of physical desire that transcends gender perceptions, so for them, these heroes' corporeal perfection was a representation of their virility and the beauty of the human body.

Bayo's exactly that in a more modern context. And that, quite frankly, is just great.

Incidentally, my brother and I were discussing her accent recently.

We came to the conclusion that there is no good reason for her to have it other than the fact that it emphasises her "sexy librarian" motif.

Everything about her is designed to be titillating and appealing to the senses, if not outright fetishistic. And she knows that. She uses her beauty as a weapon, and it contrasts so well with the gruesome nature of her fighting style.

You can write entire theses on this character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly, the overly sexualized part of Bayonetta's also good for when I get to do a cosplay. If I can be confident enough to show that much skin without feeling embarrassed all the time, it'll essentially give me more courage. Intentional? Nah. Good? Yep, I'm usually a shy gal iirc

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Honestly, the overly sexualized part of Bayonetta's also good for when I get to do a cosplay. If I can be confident enough to show that much skin without feeling embarrassed all the time, it'll essentially give me more courage. Intentional? Nah. Good? Yep, I'm usually a shy gal iirc
I cant cosplay her for the fact I have no money and I dont have a reason to

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Bayonetta walking into Smash like

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I love both her long hair and short hair. It's hard to choose between them. At one point I liked the shorter more (since I the first time I saw her was when Bayonetta 2 was announced), but her long hair has grown on me too.

Yes I'm a dirty ol fence sitter. :p

Last edited:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Long hair is best.

My first priority when Bayonetta is released is to see if there are ways I can use cancellable taunt in the middle of a combo.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, not to spark a flame war, but which do you prefer, long-haired Bayo, or short-haired? For me personally, it's short-haired.
I greatly prefer Bayo 1's outfit, but I really don't like the hair tower. If I could, I'd do the Bayonetta 1 outfit with 2 hair.

ZakoAction

Smash Rookie
NNID
TrollKing777
I so glad Bayonetta got in Smash, since she was my most wanted pick. As a long time player of the character action genre, I'm thrill to see the genre represent in Smash. What really impresses me is how well Sakurai translated Bayo playstyle in Smash 4.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I have always seen her long hair to be her signature as Sailor Moon's twin tails. But yeah her pixie cut makes her look younger and a more realistic beauty. Hard for me to pick.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
It's a hard choice. . Between the two styles that is.

I love the original simply because of the stained glass butterfly glasses and beehive hairstyle/ribbons it is her signature look and it is elegant in every way imaginable. In case you didn't know there is a rose motif on her original suit, I love it and everything about the look right down to the heels which I also like better than the new hair style's heels.

Now, I love the new hairstyle too but the glasses are smooth ribbons instead of the pretty butterfly design which is cool. Her shorter hair is great as well, they did it on purpose to make her more masculine in the sequel as well as change up her wardrobe which is a fabulous idea. I really like the new outfit style too, the ruffles and overall blue design and diamond cutouts on the back of the legs are my favorite thing ever.

They're both perfect, but I look at it like this:

A Witch With no Memories (Original):
Classy, eleganza and chic

Default (New style):
Fresh, controlling and modern

They're all amazing ughhh

Ok, I'm done now lol

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
How do you get the Power Suit Visor to go down in Bayo 2? It was down on :GCDpad: for the original but that's not working here. :/

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
How do you get the Power Suit Visor to go down in Bayo 2? It was down on :GCDpad: for the original but that's not working here. :/
From my experience, you can't make it go down in Bayo 2.

Which sucks.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
From my experience, you can't make it go down in Bayo 2.

Which sucks.
I just went in practice mode and noticed that it goes down automatically when an enemy appears, then back up when they're gone. Weird that you can't do it manually. :/

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Also, I am extremely disappointed that none of her taunts are the kiss she uses to break angelic barriers in her games.

It better be one of her victory poses.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Short hair Bayonetta for me.
Her clothes also have more flair than in Bayonetta 1, in my opinion.

As for the Music, Let's dance boys, Red and Black and Legend of Aesir (which I have blasting right now) will be my top picks,
but dayum, can we just adore the stage's overall design? So far, everything there looks kinda legal, with flashy music to boot and no real stage hazards. not to mention the flawless artistic design at play here. I guess I found not only my new favorite character (sorry, lucas), but also my new favorite stage.

Btw, speaking of taunts, Sakurai only mentioned "one extremely long taunt you can cancel anytime".

My bet is that all the dancing animations shown belong to that one specific taunt, but we'll see about that

I just hope she has the "if you want to learn how to talk to a lady - ask your mum" line in there, somewhere ^_^

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So... Bayonetta's in Smash. Can't say I care much about wanting to play as her personally, but I think she fits in quite nicely in this game, and I hope she makes a big impact in future tournaments.

Also, I found this really cute fan-comic on tumblr.

Yogurt

Smash Cadet
I honestly never heard about her before this, but the fact that shes a witch, that her down smash is a HEEL! from a demon! and that she has like butterfly wings when she jumps make me wana try her out as a new main despite the fact I don't like playing combo characters, who knows....maybe it's time I switch my gamer tag and my main

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Also, I am extremely disappointed that none of her taunts are the kiss she uses to break angelic barriers in her games.

It better be one of her victory poses.
I feel like it makes a bit more sense for a victory pose since in the games she gets a closeup when she's blowing a kiss.

It will definitely be disappointing if it doesn't make an appearance at all...

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Real talk, my personal favorite Bayonetta design is

Shame it's not in 4. In 5 years when Wii U hacking is at its prime and the next endeavor on the same scale of Project M comes to fruition, I hope somebody adds it in.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
So... Bayonetta's in Smash. Can't say I care much about wanting to play as her personally, but I think she fits in quite nicely in this game, and I hope she makes a big impact in future tournaments.

Also, I found this really cute fan-comic on tumblr.

Oops, I already posted that comic last page...still cute though!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Oops, I already posted that comic last page...still cute though!
You did? Oh well. Not that it matters to me much, though. It's probably one of the best things I saw on tumblr regarding her appearance in Smash.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Real talk, my personal favorite Bayonetta design is

Shame it's not in 4. In 5 years when Wii U hacking is at its prime and the next endeavor on the same scale of Project M comes to fruition, I hope somebody adds it in.
I'm hoping for her Nintendo costumes

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Link's costume would have been fun, but honestly, Bayo 1 and Bayo 2 main costumes are all that we need.

I like that costumes are made "only when necessary". The costumes are meaningfull and represent something important for the characters concerned.
Well, except for Shulk in underwear.

But again, Bayonetta with Link's tunic is so cool.

Top Bottom