• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Thanks hinata! I'll settle in nicely~

Witch Time will definitely be a WONDERFUL kill confirm tool seeing as it has longer duration the higher the enemy's damage % is. Not to mention, overusing Witch Time will stale it in a way causing the duration to be shortened.
Theoretically it's an anti-rage tool!

I'm also hype for her combo game, and spamming her heel stomp Dsmash, that thing is going to be LIFE

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm here from the Zelda social.
I made a promise that if Bayonetta was added to Smash I'd get back on Smash Boards forums and contribute to the Bayo forums :D so hiii everyone!

SHE'S IN, YESSS. P.S. it's sorta cool to be back
Hey gorl good to see you.

Does anyone have tips for single combo Muspelheim challenges in Bayo 2? Specifically the one in Chapter 8? What weapon should I use?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey gorl good to see you.

Does anyone have tips for single combo Muspelheim challenges in Bayo 2? Specifically the one in Chapter 8? What weapon should I use?
Oooooh, I think I remember that one, and I'm pretty sure I used Kefka (the insect bow thing). You can just keep shooting it and it counts as one long combo.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky

Favorite taunt right here (which is, of course, why it's in my signature)
Fun fact! This taunt dance is from her notorious pose-off with the Joy angel in the original game!

I am an expert Umbran Bi-er, I mean Witch <3

A cute lil thing I noticed in the trailer is, while she was fighting Pit and Dark Pit she dodged backward a few times in a row and then they crouched to kind of emulate her in game mechanic where after three consecutive dodges she strikes that pose as a penalty xD !!!

I love it, I love everything about this reveal! It is the ultimate Christmas present from Nintendo and it has officially made my year lol I've stayed true to Bayo foreva and it's gonna pay off :D

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Fun fact! This taunt dance is from her notorious pose-off with the Joy angel in the original game!

A cute lil thing I noticed in the trailer is, while she was fighting Pit and Dark Pit she dodged backward a few times in a row and then they crouched to kind of emulate her in game mechanic where after three consecutive dodges she strikes that pose as a penalty xD !!!

I love it, I love everything about this reveal! It is the ultimate Christmas present from Nintendo and it has officially made my year lol I've stayed true to Bayo foreva and it's gonna pay off :D
They've really done their research and made Bayonetta as faithful to her original game as possible. And I could not be happier about that. I've always wanted Bayonetta in Smash, but I never imagined she'd be this good.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ah, I knew that this part of the dance was related to the Joy scene!

That taunt will be exquisite. No doubt about it, to dance continuously while the opponent is flying away in a Star KO.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

One of her taunts does a similar pose to this artwork, which I thought was really cool:

And her other one is her long taunt from the second game, of course.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Now, here's what I want to know. Bayonetta was shown doing three different dances in the direct. None of them seemed overly long, but Sakurai made sure to note that you can dance for a long time and cancel it at any time. So, are Bayonetta's dances linked to three different taunts, or was it just one long dance that got cancelled partway through to show off how you can cancel them?

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Now, here's what I want to know. Bayonetta was shown doing three different dances in the direct. None of them seemed overly long, but Sakurai made sure to note that you can dance for a long time and cancel it at any time. So, are Bayonetta's dances linked to three different taunts, or was it just one long dance that got cancelled partway through to show off how you can cancel them?
They were all different taunts, but they varied in length. One was pretty short, about the length of a normal taunt, the next was pretty long, and the last was even longer.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I really wanteddd her long taunt from the original game.

I've got a fever. . And the only cure is more, dead Angels!

Best animation ever Imho

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Speaking of taunts, I have gifs for all of them. Because they're all so good.

And then the best taunt:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Actuall, looking at her taunt it doesn't look like her long taunt. I dunno maybe I'm just blind.
Edit: Ah, never mind. I have 2 playing right in front of me, and it looks like it's the first half of her long taunt.

Last edited:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sad none of her taunts seem to be the dodge spin to laying on the ground and winking.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Damn, two days and we're already at ten pages.

Anyhow, I REALLY like how Sakurai incorporated Witch Time; I would have never thought of that. Also, I think it was a good idea to keep her animal transformations out of her moveset, and instead focus on making a combo-based playstyle. Except for the Bat Within, the animal transformations weren't all that ideal for combat in the Bayonetta games, anyway; they were much better suited for getting around.

Overall, I have a feeling Bayonetta's going to be mine secondary main. She seems like Zero Suit Samus, but with more projectiles--and I like projectiles.

Morbi

Scavenger
Damn, two days and we're already at ten pages.

Anyhow, I REALLY like how Sakurai incorporated Witch Time; I would have never thought of that. Also, I think it was a good idea to keep her animal transformations out of her moveset, and instead focus on making a combo-based playstyle. Except for the Bat Within, the animal transformations weren't all that ideal for combat in the Bayonetta games, anyway; they were much better suited for getting around.

Overall, I have a feeling Bayonetta's going to be mine secondary main. She seems like Zero Suit Samus, but with more projectiles--and I like projectiles.
I agree; however, I would have been perfectly fine with the panther transformation as her dash. Not necessarily a dash attack, but the actual movement option.

NegaNixx

Smash Journeyman
When I saw this reveal I just about jumped in my room screaming. I was so fluffing excited. My votes were spread between Bayonetta and Shantae and I'm super happy Bayo got in! And with such good references to her games! There's no character that plays like her or acts like her in smash. And it's amazing the way she's been included, and with such depth. It makes looking at our fantastic roster even more awe inspiring than it already is!

Not sure if I'll drop MK and Pika for her but I'm definitely learning this character.

Can't wait till February!

Attachments

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I agree; however, I would have been perfectly fine with the panther transformation as her dash. Not necessarily a dash attack, but the actual movement option.
Hmm, that could have worked as well. If Meta Knight could spread his wings and fly instead of running, and if Mewtwo could propel himself with telekinesis, then I don't see why Bayonetta couldn't use her Panther Within.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I hope she becomes a big Nintendo mascot after all this, cmon she had worldwide support that means a lot and she really is so funny at the core, that's what I love about Bayonetta.

Despite how violent it can be it is hilarious and flamboyant and stylish all at once, I've never played a game like that and I'd love to see her go on to guest star in other Nintendo titles after this huge position :D

I doubt any of you played Max Anarchy but she was a DLC character in that! In fact two of her recolors in that are in this! (Old hairstyle Green and dark Blue) Idunno I feel like she's just got really good presence and she's becoming iconic now

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I hope she becomes a big Nintendo mascot after all this, cmon she had worldwide support that means a lot and she really is so funny at the core, that's what I love about Bayonetta.

Despite how violent it can be it is hilarious and flamboyant and stylish all at once, I've never played a game like that and I'd love to see her go on to guest star in other Nintendo titles after this huge position :D

I doubt any of you played Max Anarchy but she was a DLC character in that! In fact two of her recolors in that are in this! (Old hairstyle Green and dark Blue) Idunno I feel like she's just got really good presence and she's becoming iconic now
Well, she's still a Sega character, but given the Bayo 2 Wii U exclusivity and her appearance in Smash I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo ends up buying the IP

It's officially my headcanon that Bayonetta and Kirby are best friends after seeing so many cute images
I second this.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Just started Bayonetta 2, yesterday.

Oh my, this game is amazing! and with that, my decision to main Bayonetta has been solidified! Her Bayo-1 costume is not my thing, though, so I probably stick with 2 - design (original or silver)

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I still need to finish Bayonetta 2. I've been sitting on it for over a year because I got bored with it, what with it being almost exactly the same as the first game. Granted, it was still fantastic; I just wanted some variety at the time. =/

Definitely playing Bayo in Smash though! To me, her style is less "ZSS + Shiek" and more "Marvel vs. Capcom."

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey guys. Previous Snake main that lost their way in Smash 4 here. I was hoping and praying for Snake's return throughout all of Smash 4's DLC hype train. I never had a character I latched onto quite like Snake in 4. Despite the huge roster, everyone felt like I was just "settling." I was even considering dropping 4 all together if Snake never came back. The idea that he may come back with DLC was the only thing that kept me playing and not dropping it entirely for PM or something.

Bayonetta changed that. She was my most wanted character to be in Smash before 4 even released. The only reason I switched to rooting for Snake was because I wanted him back more. But Bayonetta is still one of my favorite video game characters of all time, and she gives me reason to keep playing this game. It's weird. I've never felt the combination of extreme disappointment and extreme happiness that came with the realization that Snake was out and Bayonetta was in.

There's finally a character in 4 I feel I can truly latch onto though. I'm gonna make it my goal to push her metagame to the absolute limit. The climax, if you will. I'm gonna hit the lab like the ****ing fist of Queen Sheba when she comes out.

Hope I get to know you all pretty well over the coming months.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Well, she's still a Sega character, but given the Bayo 2 Wii U exclusivity and her appearance in Smash I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo ends up buying the IP
I really don't think that's enough reason to buy her. that's even if SEGA chose to sell her series. Still, if SEGA ever went bankrupt, which I do think is a strong possibility thanks to games like Sonic Boom, I'd want Nintendo to get SEGA's IPs.

Last edited:

SionReaver

Smash Rookie
So just curious, what songs would you guys like for Bayo's stage? I'd love the final boss theme from the first one.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not quite. Bayonetta is a PlatinumGames character. Platinum is an independent studio, made up of members from Capcom's old Clover Studios (who made stuff like Viewtiful Joe and Okami). Sega simply published Bayonetta. The reason Bayonetta 2 is Wii U exclusive is because Nintendo published the game when nobody else would, because the first one honestly didn't do too well in sales. It makes a lot of sense that Bayonetta made it in Smash really. After Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, and Star Fox Zero, Nintendo and Platinum are on pretty good terms.

Seriously, everything Platinum makes is ****ing awesome. Wonderful 101, Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, Anarchy Reigns, (Okami, Viewtiful Joe, and God Hand if you count their Clover games). The fact the Platinum is making the new Star Fox is pretty much the only reason I'm interested in it. They're my favorite developer in the industry.

Last edited:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Not quite. Bayonetta is a PlatinumGames character. Platinum is an independent studio, made up of members from Capcom's old Clover Studios (who made stuff like Viewtiful Joe and Okami). Sega simply published Bayonetta. The reason Bayonetta 2 is Wii U exclusive is because Nintendo published the game when nobody else would, because the first one honestly didn't do too well in sales. It makes a lot of sense that Bayonetta made it in Smash really. After Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, and Star Fox Zero, Nintendo and Platinum are on pretty good terms.

Seriously, everything Platinum makes is ****ing awesome. Wonderful 101, Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, Anarchy Reigns, (Okami, Viewtiful Joe, and God Hand if you count their Clover games). The fact the Platinum is making the new Star Fox is pretty much the only reason I'm interested in it. They're my favorite developer in the industry.
She's actually a SEGA character, she's even appeared alongside Sonic and other SEGA reps in Samurai & Dragons.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
So just curious, what songs would you guys like for Bayo's stage? I'd love the final boss theme from the first one.
We already saw the list, but without referencing it, my favorite Bayo songs are probably Red and Black, Riders of the Light, The After Burner song, and Moon River (which I'm sure we won't get because of copyright)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
She's actually a SEGA character, she's even appeared alongside Sonic and other SEGA reps in Samurai & Dragons.
After researching more, I guess she technically is, but she's the most loosely Sega character Sega has. She was created entirely be Platinum after Sega contracted them to make the first game. Then they weren't even willing to publish 2, go figure. Everything involving her has been made by Platinum except Samurai & Dragons. She's practically Platinum's mascot, and has gotten quite a few cameos in other games. In the case of Wonderful 101, her and Jeanne are in it despite it being a 1st party Nintendo series. Pretty much anyone you ask will mention Platinum's name before Sega's when talking about Bayonetta.

From what I gather, Platinum decides whatever the **** they wanna do with Bayonetta and Sega's just like "yeah, sure, go for it bruh, just toss us a dime when it's done."
No "Fly Me to the Moon" in the list shown in the direct, so if anything is added from now until release, it better be that.

Last edited:

Palutina

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jerkllandong1st
Hey guys. Previous Snake main that lost their way in Smash 4 here. I was hoping and praying for Snake's return throughout all of Smash 4's DLC hype train. I never had a character I latched onto quite like Snake in 4. Despite the huge roster, everyone felt like I was just "settling." I was even considering dropping 4 all together if Snake never came back. The idea that he may come back with DLC was the only thing that kept me playing and not dropping it entirely for PM or something.

Bayonetta changed that. She was my most wanted character to be in Smash before 4 even released. The only reason I switched to rooting for Snake was because I wanted him back more. But Bayonetta is still one of my favorite video game characters of all time, and she gives me reason to keep playing this game. It's weird. I've never felt the combination of extreme disappointment and extreme happiness that came with the realization that Snake was out and Bayonetta was in.

There's finally a character in 4 I feel I can truly latch onto though. I'm gonna make it my goal to push her metagame to the absolute limit. The climax, if you will. I'm gonna hit the lab like the ****ing fist of Queen Sheba when she comes out.

Hope I get to know you all pretty well over the coming months.
Dat phantom pain...

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
We already have the song list, 11 songs, the most new songs for a DLC stage

1. Let's Hit The Climax!
  2. Mysterious Destiny (New intstrumental remix)
  3. Tomorrow is mine (new instrumental remix)
  4. One Of A Kind
  5. Riders of the Light
  6. Red & Black
  7. After Burner (∞ Climax Mix)
  8. Friendship
  9. Let's Dance, Boys !
  10. The Legend of Aesir
  11. Time For The Climax!
Personally, One of a Kind, the Legend of Aesir and Let's Dance Boys will be the three top songs.

I love how it's deversified, though, we have many aspects of the bayonetta musical universe, and that's awesome! Maybe not enough "epic" songs, but I can deal with that as we have After Burner.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I was kinda hoping for You May Call Me Father just to reminisce on the many, many hours I spent trying to beat the secret boss and the euphoria when I finally beat him. But I'm good with the After Burner mix, Friendship, and Let's Dance. Shame about the two "Moon" songs though.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It's sad that we got no "Moon" songs, but it's understandable, copyright wise. We lost lots of sung tracks from Brawl. Ai no Uta, Mona Pizza, Brawl's main theme...

Also, I realise that every characters that I play the most are magic users: Zelda, Ganondorf, Daraen, Palutena and soon Bayonetta and maybe Corrin...

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
It's sad that we got no "Moon" songs, but it's understandable, copyright wise. We lost lots of sung tracks from Brawl. Ai no Uta, Mona Pizza, Brawl's main theme...

Also, I realise that every characters that I play the most are magic users: Zelda, Ganondorf, Daraen, Palutena and soon Bayonetta and maybe Corrin...
Play Link. His magic lies in his pants.
No pun intended, his pocket size is infinite!

Last edited:
Top Bottom