• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
that feeling when you beat a boss enemy with pure platinum... Pain had nothing on me :-D

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
A man showing some extra skin doesn't have the same connotations as a woman who wears a skin-tight outfit. I don't agree with that double standard, but I don't make the rules. When parents see their kids (Many of whom are as young as 9 years old) play Bayonetta in Smash, they might think that that's an M-rated game, due to Bayonetta (and Samus') immodest outfit, and confiscate the game form them, or worse. Punish their kids for Nintendos mistake.
The only character "too sexy for smash" is Sonic

Tythaeus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX-R4GE-Xx
3DS FC
4038-7179-8613
I can't believe people are seriously debating if Bayonetta is "too sexy for smash" when both Zero Suit Samus and Shulk have costumes with even less clothing. There must be a ton of people out there who are butthurt that their character didn't get in who have too much freetime in their hands.

What's next? Will people debate that Corrin is "too sexy for smash" because he/she doesn't wear shoes? People will debate about anything nowadays.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I can't believe people are seriously debating if Bayonetta is "too sexy for smash" when both Zero Suit Samus and Shulk have costumes with even less clothing. There must be a ton of people out there who are butthurt that their character didn't get in who have too much freetime in their hands.

What's next? Will people debate that Corrin is "too sexy for smash" because he/she doesn't wear shoes? People will debate about anything nowadays.
The salt fest never ends.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The only debate about Corrin is if the Foot Fetish is the best fetish or not ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Why are people still debating whether or not Bayo is too sexy for Smash when her inclusion alone proves she is fine? I don't get it..

Somebody, please, enlighten me.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Why are people still debating whether or not Bayo is too sexy for Smash when her inclusion alone proves she is fine? I don't get it..

They're casuals. They want a lady who's frail, sweet and looks non-threatening and arousing

:4peach: is for losers

D

Deleted member

I've wanted :4bayonetta: in Smash for some time, my #1 Newcomer choice, and #2 of the characters I wanted (:ivysaur: being over her, lol.)

(I remember being in a fight with my friends on who we wanted to come, they wanted Sora, but I wanted Bayonetta, we made advertisements online so they could vote for her.)

The day of the stream was impressive, I was sick and went to the doctors, sadly when I came back home, I took a nap and totally forgot about the Stream :mad088:. My friend messaged me saying that my bae won, I was expecting for Ivysaur, since it was clearly my #1 choice, but when I checked up the presentation, my **** blew off. It was GODDAMN :4bayonetta:. Sakurai made my day, week, month and my year by adding her in the game. I voted countless times for her in the ballot, and it was sure ****ing worth it.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I just went through my post history to see when my earliest mention of wanting Bayonetta in Smash was. These are the earliest ones I found:

The only thing about Bayonetta in smash is that she uses guns. The whole sexualization thing, imo, wouldn't be a big deal because Bayonetta's suit is basically a black zero suit with belts on it. If ZSS can wear it, so can Bayonetta. ZSS also uses a gun but it doesn't fire real bullets. I guess Snake was in Brawl and he used an RPG and mines, so I doubt a few guns would keep Bayonetta out. I'm crossing my fingers for Bayonetta as a DLC character (doubt it) or in Smash 5!
Bayonetta would be one of the easiest characters to add to smash. Basically her entire moveset for smash was created by her series. Like you said, those attacks would fit very well in smash. Her specials would need some thought (maybe umbran climax and the combo extender things when she does a hand stand and you can aim around and shoot, along with your witch time idea). She even has a jab, roll, etc. already in her own series.
They both were posted on January 12 of this year. That was less than two weeks after I began posting lol. I'm just so glad that Bayonetta actually made it into Smash.

And here's a fun quote I found from that same day:
I don't like Jeanne's redesign. I liked when she was unattractive and mannish.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It has the F word, I recommend putting it in spoiler tags

Corrin's too sexy because they are bisexuals

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
Ok so I recently got through the climax 3 in Bayonetta 2 and told to myself that it would be cool to finish infinite climax because I heard you can play with Balder if you do.
So I started the prologue and realized you got your ass kicked in one blow... I didn't know that!
I think I won't touch the game again unless I really want to hurt myself before she arrives in Smash...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I love Bayonetta, I have the first two games and they're some of my favorites!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So... what are the chances of a Jeanne spinoff in a few years just before Bayonetta 3?

And seriously... I hope the series starts to have subtitles in the logo kinda like Zelda or FinalF. Keep the numberings. Might make the casual crowd more interested when they see the boxart (and maybe the franchise) for the first time which would hopefully raise sales!

Speaking of boxart. I'm not impressed with B2's one at all, especially that yellow moon one in NA.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Some of the cutscenes I'm not a fan of, like I feel that it's less style and more laziness, but that's just me. Y'all know what I'm talking about... Right?

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Speaking of boxart. I'm not impressed with B2's one at all, especially that yellow moon one in NA.
Speaking of Bayo 2's boxart, here's a fun fact I learned about it from VGFacts.

"Bayonetta's creator Hideki Kamiya hated the final cover artwork for the game. The original artwork featured a crescent moon in the background instead of a full moon, and the "2" in the logo was yellow instead of red.

Kamiya posted on Twitter his outrage over the cover saying "I hate the logo of WiiU ver. Junk." and "The Bayo 2 package is ****. Who's the damned ******* who changed it..." Kamiya had no control over the change of the artwork."

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Speaking of Bayo 2's boxart, here's a fun fact I learned about it from VGFacts.

"Bayonetta's creator Hideki Kamiya hated the final cover artwork for the game. The original artwork featured a crescent moon in the background instead of a full moon, and the "2" in the logo was yellow instead of red.

Kamiya posted on Twitter his outrage over the cover saying "I hate the logo of WiiU ver. Junk." and "The Bayo 2 package is ****. Who's the damned ******* who changed it..." Kamiya had no control over the change of the artwork."
Kamyia is certainly one for some of the strangest Tweets I think I've seen from a person period.
"Smash Idiots"

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
This is so cute. I loved that one cutscene in B1 doing this to someone else - it was hilariously funny.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
So... what are the chances of a Jeanne spinoff in a few years just before Bayonetta 3?

And seriously... I hope the series starts to have subtitles in the logo kinda like Zelda or FinalF. Keep the numberings. Might make the casual crowd more interested when they see the boxart (and maybe the franchise) for the first time which would hopefully raise sales!

Was a Bayonetta 3 announced?

Twewy

Smash Lord
Kamyia is certainly one for some of the strangest Tweets I think I've seen from a person period.
"Smash Idiots"
Kamiya is great, what are you saying? Anyone who can burn the hell out of Kotaku deserves a follow.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Kamiya is great, what are you saying? Anyone who can burn the hell out of Kotaku deserves a follow.
What? Never said he wasn't, just saying that his Tweets give me a chuckle.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Just a question, how would you guys feel if Nintendo funded Bayo 3 and they got co-ownership of the IP with Sega?
Sega helped make Bayo 1, which was an amazing game.

Nintendo helped make Bayo 2, which was even better.

The two of them collaborating on Bayo 3? Yes please.

Tythaeus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX-R4GE-Xx
3DS FC
4038-7179-8613
I decided to check out gameplay videos of Bayontta 1 and the game looks awesome. I can't believe I never bothered to get the game. I've known about it for the longest which is the sad part.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

[Shrugs] Quite frankly, there are many people whom, regardless of age, simply need a psychological Mushroom.

This is so cute. I loved that one cutscene in B1 doing this to someone else - it was hilariously funny.

This picture was funny as hell, especially when you think about just how seriously Cloud takes himself as a character (from what I've seen in Kingdom Hearts).

Luka is going to be so pissed when he sees this.
Speaking of Luka, I was hoping he would be a trophy. I actually really like him as a character. He adds a comical relief to an otherwise dark atmosphere. Despite his traumatic childhood and harsh upbringing, he's not emo. Instead, he is hilarious, laid-back, and awkward. He's slightly perverted, but in a charming, comical way--not in a crass, gross way. I especially liked that one line of his, "Some squirrels get aaaaall the nuts". Where he lacks in battle prowess, he more than makes up for with insight, intellect, and sneakiness. Overall, he's a pretty tough and mature person, underneath his "funny-guy" exterior. Something tells me Luka can be quite intimidating if he wanted to be. Many people would love to see a Jeanne spinoff, but I think a Luka spinoff would be ace. I love the kind of games where you have to go sneaking around, doing whatever you're supposed to do, without getting caught.

[UPDATE]

Just a question, how would you guys feel if Nintendo funded Bayo 3 and they got co-ownership of the IP with Sega?
Personally, I'm hoping Nintendo buys off the whole IP, just how they bought Monolith. If memory serves me, Sega was the one whom didn't even want to continue the Bayonetta series.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
I started playing my copy of the first game which came with the second this past Friday, almost year after getting it as an Xmas present. Looks really good to me.

I'd like to see the games adapted as live-action movies, I think Hayley Atwell (who plays Agent Peggy Carter in the MCU) would make a good Bayonetta. She's English, which is important as Bayonetta has an English accent in her games.

I'm already excited for her appearing in Smash 4. She was one of my hopefuls for the game before it came out, as I thought what better way to promote Bayo 2 than putting her in Smash 4? Well that didn't happen so I turned to DLC for my hopes. Bayonetta is going to be a unique fighter in this game. I cannot wait to get her. I plan on beating both of her original games before I buy her..

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I would like to be the 100th to say hello fellow Umbran Witches! I am excited to see our favorite witch kick *** in Smash like the rest of you are. Coming from some one who enjoyed both games at their respective launch dates, I've got to say that Sakurai did a fantastic job at accurately portraying her. She still has that sass, toys with her opponents like she's the top witch, pop caps up people's ***es (as the Americans would say) with zero ****s given, and dancing to show that she's the hottest fighter in town. She fits right in next to the rest of the female cast, being a huge contrast with the sexy librarian look and empowerment attitude. Mayo looks absolutely gorgeous in Smash 4's style and her combo heavy nature is still there despite being in a completely different setting. As if February couldn't hurry any sooner.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Congratulations on getting your character guys! Your work paid off. I know about that, I got Mewtwo after requesting him a lot :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's been nearly 7 months since I've last played Bayonetta 1/2. Maybe I should start playing them for old times sake, I still need to unlock a certain bald demon after all. I even still remember how awesome the plot was for both since they tied in to each other easily.

Top Bottom