• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Just got to chapter 13 I'm Bayonetta and I can see I'm definitely getting better. Not dying as much as in the beginning and getting a hell of a lot better activating Witch Time/Bat Within. Definitely need to replay some chapters since I get the feeling that I missed a weapon.

These climax events or whatever they're called will be the death of me though :/. I'm never sure if they're a cutscene or if I need to get prepared to hit buttons.
Always be prepared.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I've certainly gotten better at the games as I've played them more. I used to get mostly Stone Awards but in Bayo 2 Infinite Climax I've averaged mostly Gold and Silver awards.

I've just reached the Final Chapter of Bayo 2 in Infinite and the final boss caught me way off guard. They're way faster than in 3rd and they destroyed me. @-@ What weapons would you guys reccommend?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
In Bayo 1, all but, like, 2 or 3 of my awards were Stone awards, just because I kept dying so much. But in Bayo 2, I got mostly Gold and Silver awards, with 1 or 2 Platinum's scattered in there on my good days. Heheh.

Bayo 1 was an unforgiving game, jeez.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Soon I'll somehow try to post screenshots of my play history of both games.
I've certainly gotten better at the games as I've played them more. I used to get mostly Stone Awards but in Bayo 2 Infinite Climax I've averaged mostly Gold and Silver awards.

I've just reached the Final Chapter of Bayo 2 in Infinite and the final boss caught me way off guard. They're way faster than in 3rd and they destroyed me. @-@ What weapons would you guys reccommend?
I guess fast weapons, so maybe Alraune and the Dual Blades. (Tbh this might just be bs choices from me that may or may not help ya sorry)

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Can't wait to see this "congraturations" font style after i beat classic mode.

True, considering how awesome Ryu and Cloud's fonts are!

I wonder how many fonts there are in the game. I remember noticing Mario characters having a different one than Zelda characters, for exemple.

Edit: This answer my question: 3 fonts in the base game, plus the Street Fighter and Final Fantasy font. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM3pqxtcJ80

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

True, considering how awesome Ryu and Cloud's fonts are!

I wonder how many fonts there are in the game. I remember noticing Mario characters having a different one than Zelda characters, for exemple.

Edit: This answer my question: 3 fonts in the base game, plus the Street Fighter and Final Fantasy font. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM3pqxtcJ80

I actually never noticed this until I saw Cloud's FF Congratulations font in the trailer.:drfacepalm::drsad:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Just got to chapter 13 I'm Bayonetta and I can see I'm definitely getting better. Not dying as much as in the beginning and getting a hell of a lot better activating Witch Time/Bat Within. Definitely need to replay some chapters since I get the feeling that I missed a weapon.

These climax events or whatever they're called will be the death of me though :/. I'm never sure if they're a cutscene or if I need to get prepared to hit buttons.
From experience treat every scene as a QTE ( Quick Time Event ) not all scenes are like this but a vast majority of them are. As for activating witch time you'll get used to it, it takes practice but you'll get better. When i first played i was pretty use to the game being i am a HUGE Devil May Cry fan and both DMC and Bayonetta are very similar, it took me a bit to get used to the random button presses and witch time but eventually got the hang of it so in the words of Shia labeouf you can DO IT!!!

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
i'm sorry you're what now
He/she means he/she is absolutely terrible at the motorcycle level--as I was, too, in mine first playthrough. When Brits say "pants", they usually mean something on the level of "bad". For instance, instead of saying, "That movie sucked!", they might say, "That movie was total pants!" Savvy?

Anyhow, I made mineself this wallpaper a while ago. It was a little difficult and time-consuming, but I am quite satisfied with the result. You wouldn't believe how long it took me to find the perfect font--or at least the font that was perfect in mine mind. Enjoy (or not).

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
He/she means he/she is absolutely terrible at the motorcycle level--as I was, too. When Brits say "pants", they usually mean something on the level of "bad". For instance, instead of saying, "That movie sucked!", they might say, "That movie was total pants!" Savvy?
Ah, I see. Thank you for explaining it to me~

Altais

Smash Champion
Altais Altais Wait... That's Harry Potter's font, right? Can't say it doesn't suit the thunder theme, though :p
Yeah, I was looking for something much more electric, but after over an hour of swimming through haysacks, I finally said, "To hell with it!" Obviously, I chose the Harry Potter font specifically for the lightning bolt-shaped "T".

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So am I the only one who still has trouble believing that Bayonetta is in Smash?

Every time I look at her trailer it just looks so surreal =P

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So am I the only one who still has trouble believing that Bayonetta is in Smash?

You are most certainly not alone in that front, mate. As I said a couple pages back, I'm still not convinced this isn't some dream I haven't woken up from.

And I won't be fully convinced until I have Bayonetta in my hands, honestly. I'm just in that much disbelief.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The only thing unbelievable to me are the many things that I predicted even before the release of the game.

While Wicked Weaves as Smashes attacks were an easy guess, I'm still amazed that there's Witch Time, Bullet Arts (with no knockback properties) and the Clocktower, things that I definitely wanted.

Especially the bullet arts.

To see her almost like I imagined her... It's surreal to me.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I beat Bayo1 on infinite climax ages ago.

YA'LL NEED TO GET ON MY LEVEL. :4bayonetta:
Did it twice, with Bayo and Jeanne back on xbox. Never got around to doing a full Zero run though. Only did half the stuff with him. I plan to do it all again on Wii U though.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I actually made a moveset for Bayonetta a long time ago and I actually got Witch Time right, almost everything about it. The only thing I didn't think of was implementing the way they did.

Altais

Smash Champion
I, too, am still recovering from the shock--even if it was a pleasant shock. It's like, first Cloud, now Bayonetta. Sakurai truly ended this journey with a bang. A very loud bang.

While I expected Witch Time to be incorporated in Bayonetta's moveset, the way they did it was very creative. I never would have thought of that. I also think making Gomorrah her Final Smash was a good idea. Thinking back, the Umbran Armour would have just been a Luigified Landmaster.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Summons for a FS were something that I thought to be extremely logical. But Gomorrah, one that is very violent... Not that much. Pleasantly surprised by her FS.

I actually was expecting Witch Time to only slow down one opponent.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Demons summons are a flourish to the end of a fight. It makes sense to have one as a final smash. Gomorrah is also the most iconic of her demon summons.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Demons summons are a flourish to the end of a fight. It makes sense to have one as a final smash. Gomorrah is also the most iconic of her demon summons.
But far from the most family friendly option.

I mean, being eaten whole by a giant demonic dragon that bellows like an elephant...

...Admittedly sounds hilariously stupid when put like that, but is still not the most kid-centric thing out there.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yes, definitely not kid-friendly. Gomorrah screaming directly toward the screen in Smash will scare more than children!

In fact, I was expecting Queen Sheba as she also is iconic / important and not too gruesome: make her appear, kiss her fist and punch opponents away. It would have been pretty simple, like Falcon's FS.

But the "danger zone effect" is a nice touch for Gomorrah!

Altais

Smash Champion
But far from the most family friendly option.

I mean, being eaten whole by a giant demonic dragon that bellows like an elephant...

...Admittedly sounds hilariously stupid when put like that, but is still not the most kid-centric thing out there.
Definitely have to agree with this. Looking back, the Angry Sun from Super Mario Bros. 3 and that Ghost Plant boss from Yoshi's Island scared the hell out of me when I was little. So did Chernobog and Yen Sid from Fantasia. That said, I'd hate to imagine what effect Gomorrah would have had on me.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Definitely have to agree with this. Looking back, the Angry Sun from Super Mario Bros. 3 and that Ghost Plant boss from Yoshi's Island scared the hell out of me when I was little. So did Chernobog and Yen Sid from Fantasia. That said, I'd hate to imagine what effect Gomorrah would have had on me.
Gomorrah would've scarred you for life.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Summoning Madama Butterfly for a giant headbutt would've been amazing.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Gomorrah would've scarred you for life.
Meanwhile, I played the first Resident Evil when I was 10... And I remember being pretty bad at that game, wasting my ammo, fighting a giant snake with a knife and saying "nope" when I saw giant spiders, and immediatly leave the room in the game.

... Gomorrah would still scare more than that, though. Although... In Bayonetta 1, he is friendly.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pets aren't perfect. They all make mistakes. He just killed your best friend for a little bit, no biggie, forgive and forget. They all kiss and make up later when Jeanne summons him anyway.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Pets aren't perfect. They all make mistakes. He just killed your best friend for a little bit, no biggie, forgive and forget. They all kiss and make up later when Jeanne summons him anyway.
I certainly hope nobody kissed Gomorrah. After feasting on so many angels, I can't imagine he has very good breath. And all those teeth...

Altais

Smash Champion
[Shrugs] Since Gomorrah gets a sound thrashing from Bayonetta after killing Jeanne, personally I've always seen it more as "whip in line" than "kiss and makeup".

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

It's not going to feel real even in February when I download and play as her.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It's not going to feel real even in February when I download and play as her.
It's just so unbelievable. No matter how long she's in Smash, it'll still remain hard to believe that she's in.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965

Idk, I think he's kinda cute.
I agree. Just look at that big happy smile. Such a cute little bugger.
Edit: Just finished catching up on the thread and I see a bunch of my Zelda sistren here already.

Hi gorls :happysheep:

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
when bayonetta 2 is sold out in every store in existence
It's been hard to find physically from the get-go, at least for me. I wanted to get Bayo 2 the day it came out, went to several different stores, didn't find it. I had to settle for digital because there was no other way for me to play it.

Top Bottom