• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Game Table; Mineola NY June 14th 2008

VEC

Smash Journeyman
Can you turn off the TAP JUMP on your name in this tourney?

What time do you think the doubles will end and singles will start?
Negotiating Powers? Well, let control Mods be, I jsut wanan turn of tap jump.

Matumakka

Smash Cadet
Can you turn off the TAP JUMP on your name in this tourney?

What time do you think the doubles will end and singles will start?
Negotiating Powers? Well, let control Mods be, I jsut wanan turn of tap jump.
OMG I AGREE 100% I WAS GONNA GO BUT NOW WTF ME AN DMY VREW HATE THAT STUPID CRAP LET TAP JUMOP OFF.

VEC

Smash Journeyman
Thank you supporters, Tap Jump off is my fav addition to this game, let us be able to turn it off.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Who the **** said anything about custom controls being off?

Controller mods is things like l-trigger mod, taking springs out of the controller ; physical modifications to the controller itself. It's more of a courtesy rule.

Keep your pants on and calm the **** down.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Yeah really, mod and custom are two way different words. People just have a habit of using them interchangeably for some dumb reason :/

Bubbles

Smash Rookie
can you give me a estimate of how many people are going to show? id love to come but would hate to take a long trip for only a few heads

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
no one knows how many people will be there but it seems like it might be a descent amount.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Hmm, I'm thinking about coming to this but transpo is sort of a problem. I'm not familiar with trains, but if someone could tell me what station to get off at/train linking and could pick me up I'd love to come.

:"}

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I'm thinking about coming to this but transpo is sort of a problem. I'm not familiar with trains, but if someone could tell me what station to get off at/train linking and could pick me up I'd love to come.

:"}
From which station?

Take the Huntington line from Penn, Mineola is like the 5th to last stop or something like that. You might be able to walk there if you're down for it, it would take like 30 minutes.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...58&sspn=0.009314,0.02223&ie=UTF8&ct=clnk&cd=1

Ryan-K

Smash Master
you should put more stages in counterpick
I will when NYC weekly does. These stages have been basically field tested for like 4 months so it pretty much guarantees its fair as possible atm. Plus it gets people used to nyc rules in case they feel like going.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
when can we show up? I know doubles start at 12:00, but I wanna come a little earlier so I can get some friendlies in / warm up.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Pokemon Stadium and Delphino as Neutrals is kinda wierd to me, but whatever.

EDIT: BTW, I'm still trying to go to this, right now I'd say there's a 75% chance I'll go, in which case I'm bringing three other people.

Also, yea, when can we show up? If doubles starts at 12 I'd wanna get there earlier.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
People should bring tvs. The only thing is you have to sign a contract due to liability issues but it's not a big deal.

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
People should bring tvs. The only thing is you have to sign a contract due to liability issues but it's not a big deal.
you think we could get alejandro to bring his mini tv??? of course u, me, him, or ray would b around it at all times xD

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Looks like at least 20-25 people from SWF are coming depending on if they actually come/bring their friends. But there will also probably be others around the local area going as well, so I anticipate more.

Mythos13

Smash Apprentice
i honestly think u can expect a great turnout, cuz i told about 7-10 of my friends and im bringing 2 aside from the people that i told

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
hey i hear this place is just opening (might of heard wrong) anyway is there a chance they need some workers i am looking for a job also if i was able to work there could i still be in the tournaments?

edit: not importent but will any of the matches e recorded?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i thought you might of worked there or knew the owner since i heard it was just opening and you were able to get a tournament going. I was planing to ask at the store anyway just was kind of wondering since it would be convenient since the store is so close to my house

Top Bottom