• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The future of brawl falcon? - discussion

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Will falcon ever be what he used to be? or are we practicing for nothing?
are we, the falcon mainers, the dinosaurs of this time? will there be an ice erra of falling snakes and meta knights and will we die out?

We cannot let this happen. seriously. captain falcon has so many great moves, almost without priority unfortunatly, but we can't give up.

I read a certain ayaz left the building, well I request the rest to stay inside. even though this building might collapse.

we can't give up. we have to keep working on falcon's meta game and we will get there, we have to.

are YOU with me?

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
I'm still here... Not that it really matters, since I'm no pro, but I do play a pretty good Falcon.

Still, it is true that CF will NEVER reach his previous potential. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try to move him up the list a little.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I don't think the good Captain's quite dead yet. I got rocked by a C. Falcon on Wi-Fi last night, and I consider myself a pretty decent player. As long as there are good players... he'll be around.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Pull an Ike and learn followups/responses to things like false U-air setups and jabs?

nasir123

Smash Ace
guys the new Falcon's play style is "poke and run", say that to your self three times and then you'll realise that the Falcon's not the same anymore. I still play brawl to show up tier whores who underestimate me, sometimes I can win against spamming MK's, but most of the times I can't. Because tiers count for so much in this game I left Brawl on a competitive stand point, but I play now casual, for fun because this is just isn't a smash game anymore.

BTW im in my bro's account this is ayaz

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I've heard my little brother comparing Falcon the Street Fighter's Dan. I think it's a pretty accurate comparison. But I'm not leaving Falcon. No worries there.

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
I've heard my little brother comparing Falcon the Street Fighter's Dan. I think it's a pretty accurate comparison. But I'm not leaving Falcon. No worries there.
Wouldn't that imply a joke character? Because Falcon hasn't changed since Melee (In terms of moveset), where he was by no means a joke. But if he just means in general, then yeah, he's probably right.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Pull an Ike and learn followups/responses to things like false U-air setups and jabs?
I stand by this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeOv-sBtBig

see how well he reads his opponents' moves and slaughters them for it.

`.`; That's what you have to be able to do. With Falcon's moveset.

In other words, you have be completely better than your opponent and outplay them to make Falcon look like a good character when in reality, you're just a really good player.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
In other words, you have be completely better than your opponent and outplay them to make Falcon look like a good character when in reality, you're just a really good player.
In other word, that means CF sucks because you have to work rediculously hard to get good with him and yet not so hard if you picked up a character like say, Falco for example.

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
Meh...the thing is, a lot of Ike's attacks are really good for setting up your opponent. The same can't be said about falcon....not in the same way as Ike, anyway.

Agreed with your other post though...a good falcon plays carefully until given the opportunity to punish. You have to be the better player to win with falcon.

Tenki

Smash Hero
In other word, that means CF sucks because you have to work rediculously hard to get good with him and yet not so hard if you picked up a character like say, Falco for example.
Mm, almost. Pretty much though.

I main Sonic and second Falcon/Ike and I do better as Sonic than I do with any other character since his playstyle suits me. But when I'm playing against bad players, I kill way faster with Falcon than I would with Sonic. If you can use your attacks deliberately and read moves well, then you can pull off some quick wins with Falcon. Yay for knockback.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
The next thing you know, two years from now...... Captain Falcon becomes top tier and Metaknight/ Snake are bottom tier.;)

Of course....... people have to think realistically .......but hey, it's a possibility! Although a small one!;)

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Wouldn't that imply a joke character? Because Falcon hasn't changed since Melee (In terms of moveset), where he was by no means a joke. But if he just means in general, then yeah, he's probably right.
Yeah, I mean I think it's just that he's been turned into a joke. You saw his intro on Subspace. It was hilarious, but for gods sakes, he reminded me of the Ginyu Force.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Falcon can never be what he used to be without hitstun, but if we work on our chains we'll do pretty well. Even though we're missing on some good combos, if you follow up a DThrow or Dash attack with a knee about half the time, your opponent will probably start airdodging it (unless they have some aerial that will beat the knee). So the other half of the time, you wait and see if they airdodge right away and then you jump up and knee them if they do (or fake a knee with a Falcon Punch, since they'll do the dodge when they see you jump). You can train your opponents to expect you to try to follow certain things up and then switch it up on them, which means in the end we should be able to follow up on stuff around 50% of the time because it will eventually just be a guessing game. And since Falcon Punch and Knee are still two of the strongest kill moves, we can mindgame kills earlier than most characters.
I'm not expecting to stumble on more combos, but we should be able to find some more chains with which we can mindgame our opponents.

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I mean I think it's just that he's been turned into a joke. You saw his intro on Subspace. It was hilarious, but for gods sakes, he reminded me of the Ginyu Force.
Maybe Sakurai thought we were making fun of him and decided he'd play along...

RixMaadi

Smash Cadet
Even if Captain Falcon never achieves a higher placement, he's still one of the most fun characters to use in FFA. Run, jump up into the sky, and then do a reverse Falcon Punch onto unexpecting opponents, then do a couple of his rememorable taunts.

Top Bottom