• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fox SHINE GUIDE by NJ'zFinest

Wash

Smash Apprentice
Ablackcoldwind said:
Hey guys, I haven't been on the forum but i wanted to add something on the shine. I called this "new discovery" the shine nullifier. The name suggest, a shine that neutralizes the attack. not cancel the attack though. Basically it just went through u without a scratch. Tell me if u know this already. I activate the shine when the punch nearly get to me. (this punch is made by Ganon. haven't tried on others yet), and it went through me. When that happen, i did a combo on him, perfectly. I tried on Ganon's other attacks and it work except for his UP B moves. Pm this back fast if u've known this already. I think it's a great addition to the shine guide. Thx

You are just shining at the exact frame you are getting hit (because for the first frame of the shine he is invincible).

windwaker

Smash Rookie
fox shine spike

thx for the tips on shine spiking and wave dashing
smashboards has really improved my game

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
yea dude this guide is awesome. Oh yea foxandfalco, i heard you were moving to nc soon. When are you gonna move here??!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
the_legend_0f_zelda_rulez said:
yea dude this guide is awesome. Oh yea foxandfalco, i heard you were moving to nc soon. When are you gonna move here??!
next year, after my senior year in high school. ill be in Wilmington, NC

Flames21891

Smash Rookie
The most useful thing was the distances and which characters just fall to the ground [ now i know which ones to just shine combo on ] The list of combos that work on every character was nice too. :D

xeno

Smash Ace
I have a question: I am able to shine after a wavedash, but the delay keeps me from repeatedly waveshining. Do you have to jump before shining so you can (wavedash, jump-shine,jump-cancel->wavedash) ?

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
A well-made guide. I like the little pictures, lol... and comparing it to your Falco guide.
>.>
I have a question: I am able to shine after a wavedash, but the delay keeps me from repeatedly waveshining. Do you have to jump before shining so you can (wavedash, jump-shine,jump-cancel->wavedash) ?
nope, you can start with just the shine

smash-aholic

Smash Cadet
u can shine then wavedash right out of it.
jumping if u read is a cancel for the shine so
when u do the shine do a jump or a wavedash right after
it.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
i myself i would say is a pretty good fox player and i can thank this guide :) i never thought it was possible to pull a sucessful shine combo off on smashers like falco who i hate cause his foot hits you even when itas on hte ground lol amazing post it helped alot on the hard characters to shine.:chuckle:
________
health store

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
awesome guide. helped alot with some questions i had. Sure i can waveshine a cpu falcon but i wasn't 100% that he could be done with a human DIing. little note: i pretty much figured it could be done after seeing his no DI distance, added 4-5 feet, and tried it on a character with the added WS length. IE. CF has 9 ft. so i went to a mario cpu and tried the waveshine. just somethin u could post up there in case people r worried about human's DIing. Again awesome guide.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
rapid shine techinque? you mean jc shine jc shine jc shine repeating over and over. i mentioned jc shining, it's obvious that it can be done one right after the other.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Thanks for the feedback guys.

So, yea, my latest neg rep:

I hate smashboards

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Perfect wavedash: A wavedash where you dodge in a way that’s almost horizontal to the ground. This isn’t very important to master, but it’s very useful on opponents who like to DI away from your shines.
I'm not sure if you addressed this later in the guide but isn't the perfect wavedash key to infinite shining as well as other ground moves that are performed after waveshining?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if you addressed this later in the guide but isn't the perfect wavedash key to infinite shining as well as other ground moves that are performed after waveshining?
not really. You don't need to perfect wavedash to do effective shine techs. Ex. I used to do a normal wavedash + walk 1 or 2 steps to catch up to my opponents and perform effective combos. I picked up perfect wavedashing just this year.

quietmuse

Smash Cadet
im good with fox but i have 1 prob... i kill myself 2 much.... and its because of my up a side b and up b attacks how can i control it better?

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Ya gotta have fast hands! kidding but seriously i take it that u kill yourself cuz your trying to waveshine that happens to me to. I guess u have to have fast and precise timing with ur down+b and then wave dash and while ur walking down+b again. I just started mastering fox so if anybody else has any better tips please help us out here.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
i used to have that problem its just yo uhave to wait until your holding down on the control stick... foxs controls are very senistive. just wait until your holding down to hit b.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Very good, and this is hard, yes??

lol, I have trouble with all of this, but I notice that I am getting faster with my fingers, like conditioning wit muh digits... P__P

Anyway. good job. and +rep

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman
I knew how to waveshine and all that before I read this guide, but some of the other shine techniques really helped my game out! Great guide and thanks for it! +rep for you!

btw, it sucks that you got neg rep for such a good guide

Top Bottom