• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fox SHINE GUIDE by NJ'zFinest

Delslayer

Smash Cadet
great guide man though the "handicap" for ws infinte you talked about is much more practical with a wavebird; all you do it quickly flip the switch off and on while tilting up the proper amount. takes like one second.

but thanks for making, it really has helped my game

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
Have you seen aarosmashguy's backwards waveshine? It's just as fast with falco (which makes me wonder if the bird can waveshine just as well) and his controller is link... "cchchclclick cchchclclick cchchclclick!". Yeah just like that...

FlareBlade

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well done work.
I did know the most part of it but I didn't for example knowed that Fox Shine Slide switch was named Reverse Shine ^^ (Like Ganondorfs in Hrc)

Somethings was pretty new, and the shine list was very helping, specially how to get all the Chars by Edge Guarding when you don't play such often with skilled players that plays those chars.

Nice work =D

conn

Smash Rookie
awesome topic, i love fox, so quick and effective and you cant beat a good shine.

Brookman

Smash Hero
"All tests were done on Final Destination. Other surfaces and/or inclines will
affect distances. For those of you attempting his Drill Kick infinite combo,
9 feet is the maximum distance they can travel before they go too far to
combo. "

That's incorrect, by the way.

takieddine

Smash Master
dayum..., I'll try and see if I can get close...if I do i'll post a video.

This can be done only when the Luigi is either CC or no DI away right?

Brookman

Smash Hero
He did it on a computer so no CC and no DI, on FD. Mofo wavedashes beyond perfectly. *drools*

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You just have to train your fingers to move fast enough start by shining and waveshining directly in place. That helped me a lot

Kaede - KeyWei

Smash Cadet
This is an amazing guide! Its very helpful! Awesome job! Thanks for creating it!
There are lots of tings in this guide that I suck at, but I practice so it helps!
Thanks again!
^_^ Kaede erm/and/or KeyWei

Brookman

Smash Hero
I comboed a shine into a back air after turning around with fox in the air. What's the frame data on that?

?

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
I think the fastest you can do the shine-turnaround is 7 frames. I think it is broken down like this:

1 frame for the shine to come out
3 frames of hitlag
3 frames to turnaround
?? for bair to come out.

I really wish there was some kind of complete frame data table for all of the characters somewhere.

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
NVM, I didn't know THAT was a JC Shine. Yeah... that's REALLY hard, probably the only thing i can't do with Fox other than Reverse Double SHL, but that's a lot easier to me.

Brookman

Smash Hero
lol @ double short hop lasering

what exactly do you mean by "frame data on that"? what exactly is it that you're asking for?
The translation of the question I asked is "Hey everyone, look how big my e-***** is."

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
lol jump cancelling shines are harder than shdl?? maybe not.

JC shining has 2 different definitions btw
For me definitely, all you need to do double shl is to use the joystick. The reverse double shl is tougher, cuz i have to be running and then mini jump and turn w/ the joystick b4 i shoot, but i have to shoot right away. That's still easier than pressing X and B at the same time while holding down IMO. Ik that JC grabbing is not = JC shining now, I got confused by the terms @.@

SCOTU

Smash Hero
what is w/ everyone calling it the double shl? its a short hop double laser or shdl. You're not doing two shls. and if it wasn't already clear, a jc shine is like a jc grab/ smash/ up-b. except w/ a shine. and it does take a bit of practicing to get it down, but i got it down in one night anyway, so it's not too hard. SHDL = slide y>bb, that's a really easy way to do it.

oh, and it's really fun to do a shdl, shine>jcshine>rshdl> repeat. looks flashy as hell for between stocks. two lasers, two shines, switching directions.

Top Bottom