• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The first match you will do.

SupermanNKO

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4570-8405-1628
will do classic mode with my main character pikachu until i get a feel for it, then go staright online for glory.... eventually unlocking everytying and smash runs to

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
1 min VS match against 3 COMs on default skill level, random stage and random character select.

Repeat one million times.

D

Deleted member

I'll go for an initial versus match between the two main characters; Mario and Kirby. I'll play as Mario. Since it's on a handheld system, I'll fight a Kirby CPU.

I'll then try out the single player modes, and the following evening, I will game it out with my online friends.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
My friend and I have the game preordered at the same place, so we're gonna go pick it up and our first battle will be a team battle against 2 CPU players. (It's tradition.) She always forces me to be on the green team, but this time around I can be whatever color I want!! I'll probably try The Villager first! :4villager: I'm guessing she'll be Zelda. :zelda:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Step 1: Get the game at Best Buy that's over an hour away. (They had better be doing a midnight launch...)
Step 2: Head home and start playing as Mario (as is tradition).
Step 3: Classic Mode and start unlocking.

Hopefully, this game will keep the board from Kirby Air Ride and Brawl that tells you the unlock criteria without spoiling it. But I have the 1st-8th completely off, so six pure days of uninterrupted Smash... :awesome:
THAT is awesome! I am taking the day off for sure, but having six days would just be BLISS...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
First I'll go to Training Mode using Little Mac, testing to see how good he is as a fighter. After that, I'll go through Classic Mode with him and then Smash Run.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Play Fox immediately for about 4 hours.

Debate playing other characters.

Decide against it.

Fox Only.

Azureflames

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0132-7109-3630
At this point i have no idea who I'm gonna play. Ill probably do training with all the characters to find which one i like the most. Then i'll do 1P mode with every character to get unlocks. After that it'll come down to playing the crap out of online casual FFAs before diving into for glory mode.

Characters i'm dying to try-> :4greninja::4kirby::4myfriends::4marth::4megaman::4mii::4olimar::4palutena::4pikachu::4pit::4samus::4sheik::4wiifit::4zss::4villager::4pacman::4dk: and hoping like crazy for Chrom and maybe shulk

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
going to look at Pit's new moveset and see what customization works best.
then will hop online for glory for about 30 minutes or so and then play my friends...THIS GAME IS GONNA BE SO MUCH FUN OMG! XD

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Going to play my first match with my best friend just like how I started the others in the series. And since I'm doing multiplayer, it'll be a bit easier to learn the new mechanics.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
For 3DS? Probabily Smash Run since I gonna get Wii U version first.

Wii U I gonna play with my wife. Like Brawl the first fight gonna be Link VS Kirby :)

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Depends who's there...if Pac-Man, Mega Man, Mario and Sonic are available from the start, I'll have a match with them on Final Destination.(Not completely sure who I'd pick, but it'd probably be Sonic.)
If Chrom is in, and available from the start, then I'd probably change my mind and play as him against non-FE/Mii swordsmen on Arena Ferox.

and if neither of those can happen, I'll probably just play as Mario, and have Kirby, Link and Pikachu as opponents on Battlefield or SSB Boxing Ring (if that version is in the 3DS version). Which is most likely to happen. Mario has always been the first character I've played as in every title so far, but I would break the tradition if the other 2 can happen.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
I will likely play a free for all with Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby like I did for Brawl.

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
i wont play any match till i unlock everyone then i will play a match with palutena,peach,rosalina,and zelda so it would be girls in all dresses match

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
For Glory as the newly-buffed Yoshi.

I'm going to dive into the abyss screaming and emerge reborn.

...then I'll mess around with the Miis for several hours.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Well use Olimar first is not Kirby in a normal brawl fight.

Then Smash RUN and everything random except the character.

Then Classic and other mode.

UNLOCK EVERYTHING. I NEED ALL THE CHARACTERS UNLOCKED.

Shirarisun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shirarisun
3DS FC
4484-7795-7328
I'll do a couple of test matches as all the characters at the start and see who I like the best. I'll keep doing those test matches as I unlock more characters.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Classic mode with every character, starting with the character at the top-left and moving my way across from left to right and top to bottom.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
As has been my tradition since I first picked up Smash 64 even if I don't main him near as much anymore.

I'm using Mario first

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
I plan on attending a midnight release, so I'll probably fight strangers there in VS or Smash Run using whichever old mains are available from the start. Probably either Zelda or Lucario, given that Falco's never been available from the start and I could easily see the MOTHER character(s) being delegated to unlockable status. I'm confident that at least one of them will make it in, though!

Once I get home, I'll experiment with more of my old mains and the newcomers I'm most interested in (Little Mac and Rosalina) before messing around in the single player modes in a desperate attempt to unlock characters.

I normally don't play online mode in video games until I'm bored of the single player experience or I've unlocked everything, but I think For Fun mode would be a safe way to play until I've settled on a main and figured out everything.

Last edited:

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
A 4 play free for all 3 stock battle against by brother and two computer opponents at the default difficulty level with random characters, after I set up the controls of course. Then I'll play a few more matches and start training as Greninja.

Last edited:

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I'm playing as Villager against Little Mac, WFT, and Rosalina. Every game I pick a Newcomer to play my first game as, and this time it's the Villager. I already tried him first at Best Buy, but he was the most intriguing character I played. After that, I will probably go classic and do a few matches as Mario to get a feel for the changes.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Training Mode.

Then I'll do friendlies with my buddy when I've found a character I particularly enjoy.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
FREE FOR ALL WITH NEWCOMERS
CLASSIC
Smash RUN
As soon as they are all available to play as
:4mario:VS.:4sonic:VS.:4megaman:VS.:4pacman:

Last edited:

EpsilEon

Smash Rookie
I'll play 1 round with my brother using Blue Kirby, being the first character I ever played as in smash brothers

Benjamin Czamanski

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
I will play as link first to see how he plays then customize my mii do a couple rounds with him do a bunch of classic mode and smash run. try out some of the other modes. nag my brothers to play with me (they hate their 3dss) do some online for glory. To bad for school if not for that it would be smash bros all day every day

Last edited:

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
Mii gunner (me) vs random vs random vs random

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
The List
- Training Mode
- Unlock Everyone
Easy Path:
Special Brawl Flower Stamina CPU Health 1
Fun Path:
Me vs CPU
- Training Mode
- Sit Back And Have Fun

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'll likely be attending a Midnight release, and I'll probably use Sonic if he's available. As for when I get home, I'll probably start off by playing a few matches with some of my preferred characters, then I'll go for the unlockables.

Last edited:
Top Bottom