• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The first match you will do.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I'm going to explore the Solo modes. I plan on cutting myself off from the internet shortly before the Japanese edition of the game releases so that these modes, and the characters I can play with them, remain a pleasant surprise.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Palutena vs. Random. I'll do the single player modes with her too. Gotta get dat Falco.

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
I' I plan on cutting myself off from the internet shortly before the Japanese edition of the game releases so that these modes, and the characters I can play with them, remain a pleasant surprise.
This is why I'm gonna get a good 3DS game that'll keep me company in the summer months until the 3DS version is released in the west. Still deciding though, I'm kinda struggling between A Link Between Worlds (I love zelda games!) or Tomodachi Life (I wanna try out something new and tomodachi life does seem more appealing to me then ANIMAL CROSSING.....)

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I went to smash fest, so my technical first match was as bowser. But when I gt the game myself I will probably practice as bowser, and then go into the 1p mode to unlock all the characters.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Palutena vs. Little Mac with a friend of mine. And then I'll go down the Main list and try them out.

Unless Shulk isn't unlockable, then it's him first. However, I have a strong suspicion that he will be, so Palutena all the way!

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Me and two of my mates are picking up the game at the same time on launch day, before we do anything else, it's Random Character Smash Run.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Hopefully Pacman if he's available at the start. If not, probably Bowser or Pikachu.

There might be some characters that will remain unknown until we come across them in the game. I love that feeling; "Who is that?"

Last edited:

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
First play with a character i know, like Mario, so that i can see how the game works. Then try every character, maybe go for a couple of for glory matches, and then just unlock everything.

Blue Fang

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedIdol82
Pit (Me) vs. Pit (Friend) on Skyloft.
Because the first Brawl match I ever played was Pit vs. Pit on Isle Delfino

spader13

Smash Journeyman
It depends on if they demo the 3DS version again closer to release. If they do, I'll use that to get used to the controls with Samus and then do Smash Run with a newcomer in the starting roster, probably Villager. If not, I'll do Samus in Classic on easy.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
FALCON PUNCH! Will be the very first thing I do when I buy this game, likely vs a CPU in the car just out of the store.

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
Kirby vs. the main single-player mode, same as I did in Brawl, Melee, and SSB64. The Smash control scheme is basically derived from Kirby Super Star, so he'll always be my first pick.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
FALCON PUNCH! Will be the very first thing I do when I buy this game, likely vs a CPU in the car just out of the store.
What if he is unlock-able? That could troll a wrench in to the plan.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
If there's events then I'm jumping on those right away. If not then probably whatever the 1 player modes are just to try and unlock stuff.

Crendog

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0318-7435-8104
I'll do one or two regular games with returning characters i'm good with and then play with new characters (little mac, megaman) All on random stages

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
For my first match in Smash64 I played as Kirby. When Melee came out my first match was with Kirby too. Same thing happened in Brawl. So I will keep the tradition and for my first match I'll grab Kirby.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
My brother, his two friends and I are all getting it at midnight. Though we're going to two separate stores, they're all coming to my place and we're playing it together while chugging Bawls until we pass out or our fingers cramp up. Whichever comes first.

Likely we'll start with a FFA match (or a dozen), then split off to try unlocking characters while chatting and whatnot all night.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Classic mode with Greninja, or Olimar is Gren is locked, and then try and unlock everything.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Run through whatever the main single player mode is as Samus, Charizard, and Villager, in that order. Then, because I will have already memorized how to unlock everything, get started on the secret characters/stages.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
It all depends on whether Shadow's in or Chizard's already unlocked... If so, gonna finally beat the crap outta Lv10 CPUs!!! If not, gonna try Greninja, if he's not unlocked at the beginning, then Brawler Mii, if he's not, then Swordfigher Mii, if he's not, then Blaster Mii, (or whatever he's called) if he's not, then Li'l Mac, if he's not, then MegaMan, then Palutena, then (male) Wii Fit Trainer, then Sheik, then Zelda, then Villager, then Rosalina, then Kirby, and then Sonic.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
For Smash 64, I hopped into a 1 on 1 match with Pikachu against my sister (Kirby).
For Melee, I hopped into a 1 on 1 match with Ice Climbers against my sister (Peach).
For Brawl, I hopped into a 3 player match as Zero Suit Samus, against my best friend (Yoshi) and my sister (Pokemon Trainer).

It's really disappointing because I don't have my sister down here in Florida. I've moved since Brawl came out, and I've experienced every new Smash game for the first time with her. Thankfully, though, by October, my best friend will be my roommate, so I'll have him to play against. We've already decided on a 1 on 1 match with me playing as Zero Suit Samus and him playing as Yoshi, as a throwback to Brawl.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Will probably play on Smash Run as a newcomer (likely Greninja). Then do some matches.

Planning to do a FFA between Peach, Zelda, Rosalina and Palutena. Magical girl fight!

If both are alts, Dark Link vs. Dark Pit. Dark counterparts brawling.

Sheik vs. Greninja and maybe vs. Takamaru. Hope the Mii Swordfighter has a samurai/ninja outfit/kimono/whatever other Japanese outfit and a katana, so I could make it a 4 player FFA. They've got shurikens as an option, after all... Anyway, this would be a Japanese themed FFA.

Niala

Smash Ace
I have a weird tendency to be very systematic about playing games, particularly if there are achievements (like the Vault in Brawl, or even as simple as unlocking characters/stages). I'll likely end up doing the solo player experience for a couple days before even delving into online play, trying to unlock all the characters without having looked them up, because it's more fun that way. Event Matches, too, are always really fun. Basically, I'll finish the solo player content to the point it's reasonable (i.e., no I'm not going to collect ALL the trophies before playing regular matches) before heading online and playing there.

Last edited:

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
As it was in 64, Melee, and Brawl...so to will I do the same here...

Classic on Normal Difficulty with Link.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
me and 3 friends are going to duke it out in a 4 player match Pacman VS Sonic VS Megaman VS Mario

Basix

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3050-8095-4904
First I plan on staying away from the internet once the Japanese version comes out. Then beating classic more with every single character in order starting with Mario and so on. Hoping to unlock everything and then play non-stop For Glory and become the best in the world. (If only)

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
I plan on immediately jumping into classic mode with whatever character "calls my name".
After that I'm going to start unlocking everybody and everything ever.

YigNanner

Smash Rookie
I'm going straight into a 1-on-1 battle on battlefield no items with a CPU to practice, and then FOR GLORY!

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
When I got Melee when it first came out I picked Link and went straight into adventure mode by myself.

When I got Brawl I picked Link and went straight into a FFA with three friends.

Now it'll be just me getting the game (my roomie is waiting on the Wii U version) so I'll probably pick Villager and do random matches with CPUs. Then I'll hop into the online to murder people with bowling balls and turnips. :awesome:

I hope to play with a lot of you here, too! :D

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
I'll probably play as megaman for 30 minutes straight against randoms at different computer levels.

Then cycle through my other planned mains that don't need unlocking, then briefly play as everyone else, then yeah storymode/whatever's gonna be required to unlock everyone else (of course characters that interest me the most first if possible.)

Top Bottom