• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The first match you will do.

Number1MinunFan

Smash Apprentice
As soon as I get it I am gonna do the 1P Classic Mode as Mii Swordfighter (Myself) then I am going to do a couple of pratice matches as Little Mac before heading into For Glory Mode.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Will probably go to training mode with my favorite character (so either Roy or Isaac/Matthew, if either are in the game), and try to get a feel for the game.
If not, then I'll try Wii Fit Trainer and Sheik.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Most likely, I will test out a few character to try to find someone I'm good with.
Then I go on my journey to unlock everything.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I'm making an entire week of Smash 3DS, literally. I've got it all planned out with my mate, time off work, everything.
First off, I'm most likely gonna spend 1-2 hours in the lab with Rosalina. Then me and my mate will most likely do a Smash Run, to get an overall feel of the physics of the game, without worrying about fighting AI that know what they're doing, while we're getting used to the pace change.

After that, who knows? I've got a week of solid Smash and nothing else and I intend to use it well.

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
Will use Peach here since she's my main then Rosalina then Zelda then WiiFit Trainer then Villager then...
THIS IS REALLY MAKING ME HYPE AGAIN LIKE CRAZY XD

Pékaßlu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0147-0376-7641
Probably going to practice a bit with sonic then play some smash run with friends. I might wait for wii u smash to get competitive but idunno yet.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
>Unlock :gw:
>Mess around in Smash Run
>FOR GLORY!!!!!!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Peach Versus Yoshi Versus Mario Versus Bowser on a Mario Stage, I suppose.

It's what I did in Melee and Brawl, so... No reason to change the tradition.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Probably Little Mac or Ike in Classic mode to start unlocking characters, and see how Mac plays.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
I wished WiiU was relesed first, i just want my first game and unlock the characters there first.
First game will probably be with my bud, 1v1 no items battlefield. then smash run and For Fun.
Then Unlocking.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Probably start off the game with some good ole fashion Pika playtime to try and unlock everything (this depends if he's been buffed or nerfed by the time the game comes out).

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Wait, how do i unlock characters?
I mean i could google it when the game is out, but i don't wanna be spoiled on who they are.
Last time i unlocked all with SSE, witch won't return.

Last edited:

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I mean i could google it when the game is out, but i don't wanna be spoiled on who they are.
Just play all the game modes and clear them quickly and get as many points as possible. Rinse and repeat until it tells you that you unlocked all the characters.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
A safe bet would be to do Classic as all the characters first.
Then after that, you should have unlocked quite a few. If they're unlocked in any other way, try out new modes and then attempt specific things after you've played through each mode a few times.

Failing that, every Smash game so far has had the option to unlock characters by playing a certain amount of versus matches.

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
Pikachu (me) vs Mario vs Link vs Kirby

Every new Smash Game me and my brother always did that matchup first (he was usually Link). Think I'll stick with tradition :)

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Just play all the game modes and clear them quickly and get as many points as possible. Rinse and repeat until it tells you that you unlocked all the characters.
But 1st you gotta fight them to unlock them which is kinda tough since most of them are at their best (since they're at lvl 9 whom I'm rather interested if they're smarter this time around or are they going back to when they were easy like in the 1st Smash Bros), plus it's always chilling when that new challenger approaching screen pops up (I hope it's exactly like how the Megaman trailer showed it).

Kiondrick

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1650-3088-1736
I'm first gonna pick a random character and play with him a bit in Practice Mode, then once I do that I'll do a bit of Smash Run and start unlocking everything.

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
Since I doubt my siblings will get a 3DS, I'll probably feel the game out in training mode and battle some cpu for a few hours before going online with all the other fresh newbs. :)

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I'll probably mess around with Mega Man if he's immediately unlocked and complete Classic mode with him. If not, make that Luigi or Mario. My first priority will be to unlock Captain Falcon. After that, it's C. Falcon and Mega Man for life.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
My friend and I are gonna have a Smash Day on October 4th. One day to buy it and get a bit of practice in; mostly going in blind though. It's gonna be so hype, and all day long. After I beat him, we'll start racing to unlock the most characters in on hour. After that, Smash Run time!

We'll independently mess around with the game after that, then head to online... FOR GLORY!, to see who gets the highest GSP by the end of the day.

Yeah, we're ready for this beast.
My first characters will be :4link::4lucario::4littlemac::4myfriends::4greninja::4kirby::4charizard::4mii::4tlink::4samus::4zss: and :4pit:.

Last edited:

LucaSmash

Smash Cadet
I was wondering the same thing. That's why I was thinking it would be cool to have some sort of website or similar that has all the ways to unlock every character, without saying who it is you are unlocking. So just in case you can't find out how to unlock any more characters, you can just check said site and then you'll still be surprised by who it is.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
In Melee and Brawl there were two ways that unlocked in both games(that I remember)Classic Mode and doing enough vs matches (IIRC Melee need 1000 matches and 700-800 for Brawl).

The first thing I would do is play as Link(main in 64 and Melee) then Greninja and Little Mac(fav newcomers) in training and versus.Afterwards play smash run a few times or many depending how fun it is.Then unlock like at least 10 characters or at least who I like.Then Bring It On For Glory!!!!!!

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I'll play against a Lvl 10 CPU with my mains. (I hope I don't get rekt)

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Step 1: Get the game at Best Buy that's over an hour away. (They had better be doing a midnight launch...)
Step 2: Head home and start playing as Mario (as is tradition).
Step 3: Classic Mode and start unlocking.

Hopefully, this game will keep the board from Kirby Air Ride and Brawl that tells you the unlock criteria without spoiling it. But I have the 1st-8th completely off, so six pure days of uninterrupted Smash... :awesome:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mario vs Bowser at the Rainbow Road stage or another Mario stage

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I will try Classic Mode first, but I am not sure with which character I will play. It will depend of which characters are starters in the game.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Classic mode as Yoshi or Zero Suit Samus. Or maybe just check out everyone's full moveset and then get to unlocking everything.

Oh and try out all of the available character's custom movesets as well.

Last edited:

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
Myself as a gunner against classic mode or the nearest person who also bought the game (probably the latter). Said person will most likely be my girlfriend or roommate.

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
1.VS mode with greninja, if not playable unlock him first
2.unlock characters in adventure mode and or new classic mode.
3.For Fun
4.For GLORY!!!!
5.When my friends get this game play with them

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Will probably play vs as a newcomer first before anything. It's kinda what I had done with every game really.
:mario64::icsmelee::pit:

Will probably start out with any of these characters first.
:4palutena::rosalina::4villager:

Last edited:
Top Bottom