• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The first match you will do.

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
I don't know if I'm going to jump right into gamemodes to unlock (if we unlock things again) characters, or go into training to see what changes they did to Marth and adjust.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
Moment we boot up, me and my brother will be playing every character in a normal stock match.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Gonna play a 1v1 with my brother as usual, who I'm picking depends on a few criterias.

My priority list pretty much goes like this, disregarding some character being unlockables:

Ridley (if he's in of course)
Meta Knight
Samus
Jigglypuff
Ike
Captain Falcon
Greninja
Lucina

At that point I'll probably just be picking whoever I feel like trying out. I'll probably be trying out the entire roster with 1v1s before I dare go online, which means I'll have to unlock everyone asap.

Last edited:

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
Well, In Melee, the game was six years old and I bought it, I played as my favorite video game character at the time (Link)

Then I realized Link sucked, so when my brothers went to bed, I stayed up all night in practice mode playing as Falco until I got really good.

In Brawl, We did a speeeeeedy quick run through Subspace Emissary and unlocked all the characters in about 55 minutes (New record!) And then I played about 20 matches against my brothers and cousin as Fox.

For Smash 4, I will be getting the 3DS version the day it comes out with my little brother and we'll be playing Smash Run for hours with random characters! Then, I'll hop into the real Smash and practice as all the newcomers that are available, then play against my little brother for real until I unlock every single character!

Which, in total, will take about.... eeeeehhh... 6 hours XD

Addy Who Dat

Smash Cadet
I've literally thought all of this out and planned for this day(Smash is coming out on a friday :p). First Im going in the lab for probably a day. I'm testing Rosalina,Palutena,Robin,Little Mac,Greninja, Sheik, Mario, Pit, Kirby, Fox, Bowser, Mii, and maybe megaman and wii fit trainer (rosalina will be main no matter what) Until saturday. Then I'm going to play 2,3, and 4 man regular brawls to get an even better feel for the action and pace while getting to play with my mains 1/2 day. Then I'm going into Smash run with sheik for maybe an hour. after that im going to slack off and play any other untried modes including Home run contest and just doing normal brawls until sunday. On sunday i am going to unlock every thing that I can. If I finish early I may do a couple of for fun matches online. monday-friday will also be used for online matches and maybe a little for glory to test how far i have come with:rosalina:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I'm not quite sure. I may go into Training Mode with Zelda to see if she's been buffed.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I won't be productive for at least a full week.

I'll probably run through classic mode as Mega Man first though, if he's available from the start!

Two Big Guys For You

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna jump into Classic Mode with Megaman, practice an hour to get the feel of it, go into for glory.

Then I'll do Chrom vs Mega man ;_;

Edit- then go to bed, drown myself in tears and alcohol, and that way I won't have to go to school that morning

EDIT-because I'll be dead, y'see. And the I can bro it up with Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in heaven. And play Smash 4ever.

Last edited:

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
Classic mode with everyone. Then other game modes. With everyone. Hopefully I'll have enough space on my SD card to download it at midnight. I know what I'm doing all day in school that Friday.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
I'm not sure if I want to jump in to Smash Run first, go online on For Glory, go to Training Mode with one Level 9 CPU, play with my brother on multiplayer, or unlocking characters, etc. I might end up doing the latter, however.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
The first thing I'll do will be Kirby vs random (lv9) on a random stage with item on.
Then, I'll try Smash Run, still using Kirby.
After this, I'll do a classic mode with Kirby (normal or above, depending on how I'm good with the new game)
and at the end of everything, I'll try some other characters... probably Cpt Falcon or Bowser, I want to do some low % kills, it's so fun XD

RunawayPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NiftySSB
I will definitely head into the "lab" testing out the changes in Pikachu
Then I will head to Glory mode and wreck
Then I will devote my time to learning how to continue the wreckage using Robin :D

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
I'll do a few fights in Smash Run, then fight my friends. May also play against my brothers once they get the game.

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
Friday! I will do a match using Link, or Toon if he's unlocked from the start. Then I'll do a match as Greninja, if he's unlocked already. After that,3 more matches with Villager hoping to unlock anyone. I'll do classic mode with him or Greninja, on highest difficulity hoping to unlock somebody. Then classic mode with everyone on highest difficulity. Then more normal matches. Then all the other modes with everyone except adventure mode.

Azureo

Smash Cadet
NNID
XFrostheartX
3DS FC
4940-6338-3501
I'll probably read up how to unlock characters and work up a speedrun to unlock them quickly. After that I'll have some good ol' fun trying out their movesets and see how I like them. 'Specially Ike and Robin, if he's in, Shulk too. Then just casually fight AI and do some other fun stuff. After that it's time to get my gameface on and go full glory.

Last edited:

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Versus Mode, Kirby vs Random vs Random vs Random.

I might go to Training Mode first and get a feel for the physics, though.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
I'll play 4-player matches with the AI (if I have no local friends to play with) with items. I'll play as each newcomer first, starting with Little Mac, while I keep the AI as vets. Then I'll play as the vets.

I plan on joining the competitive scene so I'll probably train with Little Mac while I go for unlocks shortly after.

Last edited:

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
Smash has almost always been a part of my life, and it has been a central part of my good relationship with my younger brother. We bonded on Smash 64, Mario Party and the like back in 2000 or so. I met friends through smash, too.

I remember my first match of Brawl. My dad took us to the midnight release and when we got home, we only got 1 match in before bed. I had my heart set on Olimar, and my bro picked Pit. We played on Bridge of Eldin. Good times. For that matter, I remember our first Melee match. Back when there was a demo at Target. I picked the Ice Climbers, my brother stuck it out with Mario. We fought on Pokemon Stadium. I remember being blown away by the look and feel of the game.

When Smash 4 comes out, I'll already be off at college... Time flies. I'll probably go right into versus with some cpus, play with a few newcomers and see what sticks. Then I'll try to connect with my brother. A lot of things have changed, but our love of smash remains stronger than ever. I'll always appreciate this series. To many more good times!

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
Hopefully they have Little mac playable -> 1P Classic
If anything I hope they have Event Matches, I want to give that a try too if I have to unlock Little Mac.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Depends on what characters we start with. If we start with everyone I'm setting up the Brawler Mii of myself and setting up a match between myself, Megaman, Link and Sonic because the Zelda, Megaman and Sonic franchises are my all time favorites, and I gotta get a snapshot with them too.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I'm definitely going into Classic or whatever the new single player mode is immediately, right from the get go, without trying out anyone haah

CoolPalMitch

Smash Cadet
NNID
mitchgamelover
The first thing I'm doing as soon as I boot the game up is going straight into a Single Player Free For All, picking Mario, and fighting on Battlefield with 3 mid-level CPUs.

I'll decide what to do next from there.

Raijinken

Smash Master
After the tournament I mentioned in my first post here, I'll probably do constant FFAs as random characters on random stages when playing with friends, and just beat whatever singleplayer modes are present with each character when I'm on my own.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Training mode with :4palutena: if she's a starter character, though :4pit: if she isn't to get a good start and feel of the characters. It actually reminded me when I've been in training mode for like 20 mins with Bowser when I got Brawl, so I might be doing the same this time with a different character.

Last edited:

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
Rosalina and Luma vs Palutena

Or maybe Peach vs Zelda

Kind of hard to decide who to use first though...

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
Considering all my potential mains are starters I'll do a 3-way CPU Only battle with Rosalina and Luma, Villager, and LittleMac. The winner wins my affections and respect. That's been the best way to choose a main since the Dawn of Sakurai.

Top Bottom