• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The first match you will do.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
A two minute VS match, Pikachu VS Samus on a Starfox stage. As a reference to the first match I ever played on Smash 64.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Well, first a VS mode with random characters...

Then Classic Mode with a FE starter (I hope that Lucina is available)

Unlock every character and try online (For Glory!)

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I forget if I replied here or not.

To re-answer (or answer for the first time), I'm definitely playing Link in Classic Mode first. It's what I do -every- game, even though I don't play him as much as others now.

After that, I will test every character currently available in Vs. Mode.

Then I will play whatever my favorite newcomer (from testing) is in Classic Mode or Smash Run.

Unlock methods will dictate my actions after that. Any secret characters or stages will be my top priority, specifically, in order of importance to me.

And if there's no "Play this character x times/beat as this guy to unlock", then I will likely play Classic as all my favorites from Brawl first.

At some point during all of this, I'll probably play Smash Run & Online with friends. Specifically, I will not play against anyone until I unlock Ganondorf, but the characters I 'must' have will be determined at a later date, post-Japanese release.

With Brawl, I refused to battle my friend online until I got Ganondorf.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
A two minute VS match, Pikachu VS Samus on a Starfox stage. As a reference to the first match I ever played on Smash 64.
That is a great idea! I think I will do a Pikachu vs Link match, since it was my first battle ever in the original Smash.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I'm kinda debating on what to do first. I kind of want to play through Classic first since it's sort of a tradition, but I also just want to fight a couple normal Smash matches. So either Classic or normal Smash; if the latter, I'll probably pick one of the original 8 as my opponent. Obviously, I'll be using Yoshi myself for my very first match, and surely for my first time playing through.. pretty much everything I play for the first time. (That is, so long as they don't decide to make Yoshi unlockable suddenly, but that's not very likely!)

After I try Yoshi, I mostly want to try a few of the newcomers. I want to play as Mega Man, Pac Man, Greninja, Rosalina, Villager... aw heck, I want to try them all! Even Little Mac, who is easily my least favourite newcomer. Then I'm going to try other veterans, to see how they changed, if they're still fun to play, etc.

At that, I do hope unlockable characters are not unlocked similar to how they were unlocked in Brawl through SSE, and if so, I hope there is a 'Delete Unlocked Characters' option like there was in SSB64 and Melee so I can still unlock them a more traditional way!

But first Yoshi. Always first Yoshi. I MUST main Yoshi. Even if he ends up being the worst character on the tier list (which I certainly hope not, he deserves his chance to shine at the top!). Not that I care about tier lists all that much personally, hah.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
In light of the new pic of the day, I would probably do smash run

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
That is a great idea! I think I will do a Pikachu vs Link match, since it was my first battle ever in the original Smash.
Well if we're going original fights, mine would be Yoshi Vs Donkey Kong on Saffron City. So I guess I'd have to use the pokemon stage analogue, but I could possibly pull it off.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
Well if we're going original fights, mine would be Yoshi Vs Donkey Kong on Saffron City. So I guess I'd have to use the pokemon stage analogue, but I could possibly pull it off.
I can't remember my first match.... It was at a friend's house. Free for all.
I probably picked link for having a sword though.
Thus my love for Zelda was born

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
100 Man Melee.

I need to unlock Falco ASAP.
That's assuming Falco and the 100 Man melee are even in the game right? I mean they probably are, but neither have been confirmed as of yet.

Acrete

Smash Cadet
If ike isn't available straight away i'm going to grab fox and start classic mode. As soon as ike is available i'll torture myself by playing everything except for glory mode. Once I can't bear it anymore i'll hop into an online battle and go mental.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
My first battle:
Free-for-all. Me as Megaman, vs. Wii Fit Trainer, Luigi, and Lucario.

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
That's assuming Falco and the 100 Man melee are even in the game right? I mean they probably are, but neither have been confirmed as of yet.
If Falco is not confirmed as not in, and the 100 Man Melee is in the game, it's the first thing I'm doing.

Heck, if Falco is deconfirmed and 100 Man Melee is in the game, I'm still doing that first - it's always been tied to an unlockable (or a few in Brawl), so I'd guess it's there anyway.

If Falco is not deconfirmed (or is confirmed but isn't a starter) and 100 Man Melee is not in, I'll probably mess around with Fox in training for a few minutes, then clear classic/other single-player modes (any type of adventure mode) with Fox on each difficulty in an attempt to unlock Falco [since Fox and Falco seem like they'd be tied together, in the way that Marth and Roy were in Melee and Ganon was tied to Link/Zelda in Brawl] (I'll start on Easy, just in case it's an odd unlock condition).

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
If Falco is not confirmed as not in, and the 100 Man Melee is in the game, it's the first thing I'm doing.

Heck, if Falco is deconfirmed and 100 Man Melee is in the game, I'm still doing that first - it's always been tied to an unlockable (or a few in Brawl), so I'd guess it's there anyway.

If Falco is not deconfirmed (or is confirmed but isn't a starter) and 100 Man Melee is not in, I'll probably mess around with Fox in training for a few minutes, then clear classic/other single-player modes (any type of adventure mode) with Fox on each difficulty in an attempt to unlock Falco [since Fox and Falco seem like they'd be tied together, in the way that Marth and Roy were in Melee and Ganon was tied to Link/Zelda in Brawl] (I'll start on Easy, just in case it's an odd unlock condition).
That is a very detailed and well thought out plan sir. I wish you the best of luck. Besides, Falco is still the most likely Star Fox cast member to return apart form Fox himself so I'm not overly worried.

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543

I'll use this well thought out, great plan as I was going to mention a similar thing about Falco.

But VERY FIRST MATCH will go to my Waifu Fit Trainer on FD.

DarthLuigi36

Smash Cadet
NNID
CmonBlueFalcon
3DS FC
3823-8676-0627
If Captain Falcon is a default character, I'm taking him through Classic Mode. I want to get his trophy first. If he isn't default, I'm sure his unlock condition will be similar to before, so I'll still do Classic Mode. Probably with Mario, because that's a tradition I share with many others. Plus, Mario is a balanced, easy-to-use character who will play the same as before and let me get a feel for the game.

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
obviously no items, fox only, final destination.

on a serious note i'll be playing little mac against a random.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Since it'll be a weekend and I'm hopefully going to get a preorder for my birthday, I'm going to run to wherever the preorder is after class and spend all weekend playing with my 3DS plugged in.

I'll either train with Link or Ike or jump straight into a match. Once I've got the controls down, I'll try out Villager and whatever other newcomers are starters and then run around unlocking everyone.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Little Mac v. Bowser.
Because Bowser seems good this time around... and he's a bigger target that's less likely to fly away from Mac :awesome:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
If Ike's a starter I'll hop on classic with him, otherwise I'll start with Pit probably; after that I will play with the reggie mii fighter, heheh.:4villager:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Kirby (me) vs Mario vs Pikachu vs Link, reminiscent of Melee and Brawl's intros. (Battlefield)

After that, I'll be going through the following (non-specific order):

1. Villager (me) vs Mario (Town and City)
2. MegaMan (me) vs Mario vs Sonic vs Pac-Man (Final Destination)
3. Robin (me) vs Marth vs Ike vs Lucina (Arena Ferox)
4. Palutena (me) vs Pit (Palutena's Temple)
5. Wii Fit Trainer (me) vs Mario vs Link vs Kirby (trailer, Wii Fit Studio)
6. Greninja (me) vs Pikachu vs Charizard (Kalos Pokemon League)
7. Rosalina (me) vs Mario vs Luigi vs Peach (Mario Galaxy)
8. Little Mac (me) vs Samus (Boxing Ring)
9. Mii Brawler Reggie (me) vs Mii Swordsman Iwata

These are in no respective order. I will be doing them when I unlock the character(s) to make the match happen, but CAN NOT and WILL NOT try out a newcomer until I can play the match specified. This means that I can't play MegaMan until I unlock Pac-Man, etc. I will be trying out veterans in-between, but those are the matches that I will be playing the newcomers in. Most stages will have to be changed, due to some being Wii U Exclusive, and I'll be playing on 3DS first, so... yeah.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
This time I will commit myself to trying out the cast in the order it goes from the Character Select Screen, if a secret character comes up, he/she is next :3

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I'll **** around in Training mode with Pac-Man or Wario until I get used to the 3DS controls.

Then I think I'll play against a level 3 computer and work up from there.

Of course, I'm buying the game launch day with a couple of friends so I may as well play a few random battles with them.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
Beat Classic Mode with Mario first thing, as I always do. Then with everyone else.
First Vs. Match with my friends will be me as Mario, them as Link and Samus, and a Level 9 Computer as Captain Falcon, as a reference to how we always start out when we play Smash 64 online.

KhaosOverdrive

Smash Cadet
NNID
Khaotic077
3DS FC
4356-0406-3824
I'll probably go straight into classic mode with Greninja if it's immediately available, if not then Mario or something just to get used to the controls.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Wait, how do i unlock characters?
I mean i could google it when the game is out, but i don't wanna be spoiled on who they are.
Last time i unlocked all with SSE, witch won't return.
You could also do 1-Stock matches to get the VS count up quickly.

Totally Casual

Smash Cadet
Test out my old buddies Kirby and Pikachu to see if I can transfer my skills from previous games, then if it that doesn't work try out the newcomers.

Top Bottom