• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The first Bowser Combo Video

OverLade

Smash Hero
Apparently there were no bowser combo or Compilation videos before I made this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hz-uWxAsUmY

I've always been a fan of heavyweights, so I decided to star bowser and Ike in this video "I'm a heavyweight" - featuring Ike.

I'm sorry for the crappy camera quality as well as inconsistency. The age of the footage varies from last week to a couple weeks after brawl came out, so some of it was luck, while some was skill. Anyway, it's mostly for entertainment purposes, so please enjoy!!!

: )

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
This video wasn't that good no offense, your playstyle is choppy and the opponents your playing aren't that good. Nice first attempt I guess though >_>.

Buuman

Smash Ace
meh, I was thinking about making a bowser combo vid, stringing f airs b air and aerials in general mostly in the combo video..I find that entertaining, causing the opponent frustration. But bowser is only so good.. :/

OverLade

Smash Hero
This video wasn't that good no offense, your playstyle is choppy and the opponents your playing aren't that good. Nice first attempt I guess though >_>.
Thanks for not being an *** about it, but most of this footage is very old anyway. I simply went through my replays and recorded and old videos I have already recorded and found scenes that would like nice in the video. A lot of my opponents definetly weren't very good because it was only a couple weeks after brawl came out. If I make a new video, I'll try to use all newer footage, but it was more for the sake of there not being any Bowser combo vids.

Thanks for the input though. :)

whut?

Smash Journeyman
from what i saw your bowser was decent, some people here are just agreeing with eachother due to the classic "follow the crowd" style of forums.
this was more of a KO compilation vid, things like 0:58 made me go WTF at your opponents, questioning some of their credibility. thats what everyone else was talking about.
if youre gonna make a combo vid, dont use a digital camera!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Thanks for not being an *** about it, but most of this footage is very old anyway. I simply went through my replays and recorded and old videos I have already recorded and found scenes that would like nice in the video. A lot of my opponents definetly weren't very good because it was only a couple weeks after brawl came out. If I make a new video, I'll try to use all newer footage, but it was more for the sake of there not being any Bowser combo vids.

Thanks for the input though. :)

If you were being honest no problem, nice try and good luck on the next one, if not you should see some of my other posts, I held back.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I concur... Again, this is not a "combo" video. A combo is an inescapable set of consecutive attacks where each attack leads into the next. Obviously a combo is not entirely "inescapable" but it should be a quick flow of attacks, leading into one another.

Anyway, I didn't see any "combos" in this. What I saw was game play, just on the spot fighting. Seriously though, Kevin is dead-on, you're opponents seemed terrible. I mean, what the hell was that Falco doing? I'd love to mash up both your Ike and your Bowser with ICs or Falco. Oh well. Like Keven said, nice first attempt.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I concur... Again, this is not a "combo" video. A combo is an inescapable set of consecutive attacks where each attack leads into the next. Obviously a combo is not entirely "inescapable" but it should be a quick flow of attacks, leading into one another.

Anyway, I didn't see any "combos" in this. What I saw was game play, just on the spot fighting. Seriously though, Kevin is dead-on, you're opponents seemed terrible. I mean, what the hell was that Falco doing? I'd love to mash up both your Ike and your Bowser with ICs or Falco. Oh well. Like Keven said, nice first attempt.
But we all know that brawl has very little potential for combos, and a character like Bowser has almost none. The only real combo in the video was my Fair to upsmash to Flying slam on kirby. 2:44

It's true, the majority of my opponents in the movie werent very good, but most of this footage is old. I can contest that I feel my bowser is good enough to beat high level players, but I didn't have any nice "combo"esque footage from most of those videos. But thanks for your input, and I'm working on another video, I'll use more impressive footage.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Boozer cute was also melee, a superior game

And I contest that you most likely can't beat high level players. As you play Bowser and Ike.

Sliq

Smash Master

And I contest that you most likely can't beat high level players. As you play Bowser and Ike.
I second this, but push for further contestation by pointing out your post count and join date, and your board name.

zeu5

Smash Rookie
wow im shocked you guys are hating on red didnt he just win the tourny at brawl central if its the same guy I thought your bowser was top notch as well as your gannon keep up the good work.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It isnt bad, but I think you can put more effort into your Bowser. One thing that I see missing was the Infinite Jump, which is a great weapon for a Bowser. But then if i told you about it, I'd feel weaker.
I can say that it was a nice start. If only I knew how to make vids (dont got cameras or any sort of recording device) then Id make one.
Only could send replays of my Bowser to one with great quality vids then collaborate, but back to topic, Im glad you are contributing to Bowser with the vid.

OverLade

Smash Hero

I dont main bowser or Ike, I use them for fun thanks. And while I dont pretend to be a smash god or anything, I did place second in Brawl centrals 2nd tournament.

And like I said, this is all old footage, the only semi-recent clip is the one of my bowser 0-death against the kirby player.

I think that DiasFlac can contest that my bowser is at least DECENT, as well as many of my other characters (though I never used my main). If you want a match, you can find me on the Brawlcentral or SBR chat rooms. My second combo video should show off more than this one did.

Sliq

Smash Master
I think that DiasFlac can contest that my bowser is at least DECENT
Dias Flac is not only an unoriginal *******, but also a ***got ******, sullying the name of the awesomest character ever with his fail.

You're better off using Hitler as a reference, that dude had mindgames out the ***. He ****ing JV 6 million stocked the whole Jewish community before he clumsily illusioned over the edge when he meant to short hop laser.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Dias Flac is not only an unoriginal *******, but also a ***got ******, sullying the name of the awesomest character ever with his fail.

You're better off using Hitler as a reference, that dude had mindgames out the ***. He ****ing JV 6 million stocked the whole Jewish community before he clumsily illusioned over the edge when he meant to short hop laser.
...dude, why are you such an *******?

OverLade

Smash Hero
Too much vitamin C. I drink like 40 gallons of orange juice a day. That **** is delicious.
>_> I see. BTW I saw your Ganondorf Topic. I think we should have a match. : ) You seem to like all the characters I do.

Sliq

Smash Master
I watched that video. Your opponents should never be allowed to touch a controller, let alone own this game.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Wow, it's like I'm in some twilight zone, alternate reality version of Smash Boards. How is anyone praising this? In terms of apparent player skill, this is easily one of the worst Smash vids I've ever seen. Call me an "***", whatever, but you're the one posting five minute videos of braindead opponents running into Ike and Bowser fmashes. Not to mention breathtaking combos such as Ike dash attack --> Ike trips then stands up slowly--> opponent casually walks into fsmash, or even winners like Bowser sideB to fair (did that really deserve to be in a combo vid?) *sigh*

You guys are too nice around here.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I could take another stab and say that anyone who thinks that Bowser is a worthless character has no idea what they're talking about.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Wow, it's like I'm in some twilight zone, alternate reality version of Smash Boards. How is anyone praising this? In terms of apparent player skill, this is easily one of the worst Smash vids I've ever seen. Call me an "***", whatever, but you're the one posting five minute videos of braindead opponents running into Ike and Bowser fmashes. Not to mention breathtaking combos such as Ike dash attack --> Ike trips then stands up slowly--> opponent casually walks into fsmash, or even winners like Bowser sideB to fair (did that really deserve to be in a combo vid?) *sigh*

You guys are too nice around here.
Well go****, thanks for being honest. Like I said, I've never made a combo video, and this is all old footage, but this is getting a lil embarassing, so you guys should close this thread, and I'll try again some other time.

But If all of you guys are such great bowser players, where are YOUR combo videos? I made an attempt, and I think that's why some people can at least tolerate what I put up here. I'm not use to hanging around the hardcore smash community (I'm normally on BC), but I see what kind of standards you guys have, and that's cool, I'll just step up my next effort.

Please lock and delete this thread.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I was probably too harsh with that first post so here's some thoughts: combo videos (or "compilation" videos or whatever) usually exhibit a players skill, not how dumb their opponents are. The first minute of this video consists mostly of you standing there in place charging up smashes while your opponents walk or DI directly into them. As another example, around 2:50 there's a sequence where you kill your friend's Ike with three of the most obvious uairs possible. Did he forget that he has an airdodge button? Combos aren't impressive OR entertaining if they are entirely a product of your opponent sucking.

Again, not to be mean but honestly I think the Smash community at large would feel the same way. Good luck with future videos if you decide to pursue making them.

Top Bottom