• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Final Five DLC Characters

NukeA6

Smash Master
How the heck isn't Dixie Kong on this list? But Banjo & Kazooie are? I'm sorry but people put too much stock into an N64 classic. Something we have no idea exists! I doubt Nintendo will partner with Microsoft to bring a character in Smash. Yes Minecraft is on Switch but it's also on everything else. I'm sure it's coming to my toaster next week. Yes they were buddy-buddy with crossplay but now Sony has jumped on board as well (at least with Fortnite) and it was all just a marketing ploy to throw some shade at Sony (the current console leader at the moment).

But you know what does exist? DKC: Tropical Freeze that just got a Switch port a few months back. Guess who's in that game? Dixie Kong? We still don't know what Retro is working on. I'm placing bets it's another DKC game considering were about due for a new one. DKCR came out in 2010, 3DS port came out in 2013, Tropical Freeze came out in 2014, Switch port came out in 2018. Seeing a pattern here? We haven't heard from Retro in 4 years now (going on 5) and when Nintendo released Tropical Freeze port they kept saying "Franchise's DEBUT on Switch" hinting that another game is coming same with Reggie when he mentioned Switch getting new "Metroid and Donkey Kong experiences" right before Prime 4 was announced. So to see Dixie not even as an "honorable mention" is a huge slap in the face
If Dixie Kong is so important, why is she not in any Mario Kart or Mario Party like Diddy? Looks like she's not as important as you're making her out to be.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If Dixie Kong is so important, why is she not in any Mario Kart or Mario Party like Diddy? Looks like she's not as important as you're making her out to be.
Because Nintendo were idiots and didn't know how popular any of the DKC characters actually are. Dixie has appeared in Mario spin-offs like Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Mario Superstar Baseball, as well as Mario Super Sluggers. She even has plushies made after her and sold under the "Super Mario" line. I'm not saying Dixie is a lock as DLC in fact I'm kinda doubtful she will make it but to not even consider the possibility that she could even be a potential DLC candidate is just downright dumb. I'm sorry but a character who has starred in 2 games of her own, one selling 5 million copies and the other selling 3 million as well as being Nintendo's 2nd leading female Heroine after Samus herself, and one to break down the classic videogame "She's a girl so she gets captured" trope that plagued the videogame industry in the 90's sure doesn't get the respect she deserves.

Snorkel the dolphin

Cetacean Gamer
Switch FC
SW 6666 6666 6666
I honestly have no idea who could make it as DLC at this point, but my five most-wanted are Dixie Kong, Waddle Dee, Banjo-Kazooie, Geno and someone just completely unexpected like Piranha Plant was.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
My guesses are these. I don't really have many reasons beyond what was said before. But I will explain two of my choices that I don't see mentioned much.

1. Summoner (Fire Emblem Heroes)
A means to insert more Fire Emblem characters without taking up space on the roster. Plus Heroes is a game thats done fairly well from what I know. (Although I don't follow mobile game information so I could be wrong) I also doubt we'll get a three houses character. But I wouldn't be surprisd if Three Houses gets in instead.

2. Dragalia Lost character
I can't understand why Katalina would be chosen over someone from a game Nintendo has been pushing. I can imagine Katalina becoming a Mii costume or a spirit or an assist trophy. But I just don't think Nintendo would go for her unless a new Granblue thing is coming to Nintendo platforms.

3. Min Min or Twintelle (ARMS)
4. Rex/Pyra (Xenoblade 2)
5. Dragon Quest character

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
People keep saying "They need the Rare license for the N64 classic" except no they really don't. The N64 classic probably won't get more than like 15 games on it. I could name a bunch of games that could be on the classic without Rare's permission.

1. Super Mario 64
2. Star Fox 64
3. Mario Party
4. Mario Party 2
5. Mario Party 3
6. Super Smash Bros.
7. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
8. Zelda: Majora's Mask
9. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
10. Donkey Kong 64
11. Mario Kart 64
12. F-Zero X
13. Paper Mario
14. Dr. Mario 64
15. Pokemon Snap
16. Mario Tennis
17. Mario Golf
18. Pokemon Puzzle League
19. Yoshi's Story
20. Animal Forest (JPN release)

Plus a few 3rd party games from like Capcom and Konami. Just saying people grasp at straws with Banjo. Dixie Kong is a pretty popular choice she should AT LEAST be in consideration and yes while ignorant people who don't know Dixie's character AT ALL suggested her as an echo during speculation it was mostly due to people saying "DK can't possibly get 2 full newcomers in the base game" and while obviously they were right and while Dixie isn't as popular as other characters you mentioned she still is popular and while K.Rool was definitely a big get for us, the DK roster still isn't fully complete until we get Dixie. Donkey Kong is Nintendo's 5th best selling franchise for us to constantly have to wait every other Smash game for a new DK character is just sad.

I'm tired of the argument of "They need hype characters to buy DLC" most people are gonna buy the DLC regardless of who is added simply because it's Smash Bros. Nintendo knows this that's why they are selling the Fighter Pass a year in advance with no information on characters because they know people are suckers and will just give Nintendo money because it's Smash Bros. I mean we got :ultpiranha: for christ sake as an incentive to pre-order early. Apparently according to the eshop he worked as Smash Bros immediately became #1 on the eshop and has stayed there. Hell the bundle pack is in there as well so clearly a LOT of people already bought the DLC. So don't give me that crap that a character has to be high on a fan poll to sell.
First, I don't understand this obsession with Banjo and the N64 Mini. My point was this. BanjoKazooie is a popular game on the system. If Nintendo wants to make another one, then it makes sense to try and get the license for that game (and probably Goldeneye as well). So naturally they'd talk to rare and since Banjo is a popular suggestion for Smash, it's a good way to spice up the DLC. Now, that's if they are making one and if they want to include the game (but I don't see why they wouldn't). But, again, its an honorable mention because it's dependent on other factors. Regardless, its irrelevant to Dixie.

Second, yes, I agree they don't need "hype" picks, but go look at my list. Outside of Rex and maybe a Kirby character there wasn't a ton of hype picks. I included Excitebiker which isn't hype. However, you should still have a list of characters that gets people excited. Is Dixie Kong going to get people excited? What does Dixie Kong do that makes her fit? Are people going to want to run out an buy the pass because of Dixie?? Here is a poll from Reddit's r/Smashbros. It has 6,500 votes and had 700 characters. Dixie ranks number 32 and her score is about the same as those around her. In fact, her unweighted score was about one-fifth of K Rool's score. So, no, she's not that popular.

But here is what I don't get. Are you getting upset that I didn't include Dixie in my maybe list? Why does that really matter? I don't think Dixie will be in nor do I think Nintendo will consider her. So I fail to see the issue here.

volbound1700

Smash Master
With the DLC being leaked by Hitgai (sp)... does Nintendo expect to sell this DLC? I am so sick of this series falling short because they pick garbage characters instead of popular characters. I know what it is, Nintendo just cares about the Japanese fan base and could give two ****s about anyone in Europe and North America. Hence why we end up with more garbage Japanese RPG characters instead of Banjo-Kazooie, Rayman, Bomberman, etc.

NukeA6

Smash Master
as well as being Nintendo's 2nd leading female Heroine after Samus herself, and one to break down the classic videogame "She's a girl so she gets captured" trope that plagued the videogame industry in the 90's sure doesn't get the respect she deserves.
Celica, Mach Rider, Bubbles, and Ayumi Tachibana has Dixie beat in the second leading female heroine spot and worst part is that this is just for the NES days.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Celica, Mach Rider, Bubbles, and Ayumi Tachibana has Dixie beat in the second leading female heroine spot and worst part is that this is just for the NES days.
Wow you're right I didn't think about them because 2 of them weren't even known/released over here in the states. I conceit the point. Sorry. Like I said above Dixie probably won't be a DLC character but her Nintendo resume is pretty long and she does deserve to be in the game regardless.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Decided to update my predictions:

1. Geno (Mario RPG)
2. Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
3. King Boo (Luigi's Mansion)
4. Klonoa (Klonoa)
5 Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)

Honourable Mentions:

Skull Kid (Majora's Mask)
King (Tekken)
Lycanroc (Pokémon)
Zeraora (Pokémon)
Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
Daroach (Kirby)
Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Red Savarin (Solatorobo Red the Hunter)
Much respect for the Red Savarin mention, that's who I made a smashified of him back then during the Ballot voting and I voted for him, even knowing it wouldn't happen… I would go crazy if it happened considering how obscure the game is (despite winning awards and all on the DS).

Stratos

Smash Ace
My top 5 final DLC characters:

Mike Jones (StarTropics)
Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Tantei Club: Kieta Kōkeisha)
Solaire of Astora (Dark Souls)
John Raimi (Geist)
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
With the DLC being leaked by Hitgai (sp)... does Nintendo expect to sell this DLC? I am so sick of this series falling short because they pick garbage characters instead of popular characters. I know what it is, Nintendo just cares about the Japanese fan base and could give two ****s about anyone in Europe and North America. Hence why we end up with more garbage Japanese RPG characters instead of Banjo-Kazooie, Rayman, Bomberman, etc.
I've said it before but don't put too much stock into these people.

These guys were saying all of this well before the last Direct and they are still saying it. Sakurai's comment implies that DLC was just finished, so I doubt they know what it is. My guess is that rather than admit the info they had didn't come to pass, it's now "It's DLC lol". Verge was talking about Minecraft back in June and the first DLC character isn't coming out until February. Is a deal with Microsoft taking that long? I find it very suspect. There's also the fact that everone is contradicting everyone else. Granblue fell through now it's happening again? It's Minecraft content but no its really Steve. There is another SE character but after about 4 months they still don't know who it is and now it's DLC too.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Are you kidding me, Sakurai added K Rool, Ridley, Simon, Dark Samus and Daisy, these are all highly requested in America. If the DLC is more catered to Japan, consider it damage control for Sakurai wanting to shut us all up.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
1) Dixie Kong (Classic Character - Promotes TF)
2) FESwitch (New - Promotes new FE)
3) KosMos (Bamco, semi XB2 Rep n promotes)
4) Rayman or Rabbids (Ubisoft)
5) Slime or other DQ Rep (Huge Franchise could use a western push)

Those are my guess for this cycle. We may get a few more items thrown in during - like Mii Costumes or Echoes outside of the pass. Hopefully we get a season 2!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That's one of the reasons why I think that Hitagi's leaks are fake.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
To be fair, Bayonetta and Cloud were actually heavily requested in Europe, and I guess for us we got Ridley, right? I hope we get Banjo too though...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I've said it before but don't put too much stock into these people.

These guys were saying all of this well before the last Direct and they are still saying it. Sakurai's comment implies that DLC was just finished, so I doubt they know what it is. My guess is that rather than admit the info they had didn't come to pass, it's now "It's DLC lol". Verge was talking about Minecraft back in June and the first DLC character isn't coming out until February. Is a deal with Microsoft taking that long? I find it very suspect. There's also the fact that everone is contradicting everyone else. Granblue fell through now it's happening again? It's Minecraft content but no its really Steve. There is another SE character but after about 4 months they still don't know who it is and now it's DLC too.
Good to see someone share my views. Most of that info is from Hitagi, who only gets any stock at all because Verge (who managed to leak some of the characters) mentioned them. I would not be surprised if Hitagi becomes the next loz18 by the end of the DLC batch. They're already deflecting any complaints by saying "bashing me means also bashing Verge, you guys".

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I've wanted Banjo since Melee, but since Nintendo is choosing the DLC I dont think it looks very good for him.

But who knows? I hope im wrong.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Good to see someone share my views. Most of that info is from Hitagi, who only gets any stock at all because Verge (who managed to leak some of the characters) mentioned them. I would not be surprised if Hitagi becomes the next loz18 by the end of the DLC batch. They're already deflecting any complaints by saying "bashing me means also bashing Verge, you guys".
Could see that. I don't know anything about Hitagi, but the whole thing with Granblue seems odd from both him and Verge

Granblue is getting a character
Wait the deal fell through
No wait, it is still happening
Wait, actually, I heard wrong.

Doesn't help that one of his new predicitions is a Nintendo character with a sword. So that means it could be Rex, Euden, Urbosa, Isaac, a Fire Emblem character, Takamaru, or the samurai guy from Rhythm Heaven. Really narrows it down there. Again, it seems like these guys have no idea, and they can't go back and say the other info was wrong because then no one would hang on their every word. It's already suspicious enough that they went back and forth on Granblue (which made no sense from the onset).

Verge is probably wrong too as he usually is about something. This time it seems to be the Minecraft content and the second SE character which is going to be dragged out for a while. My expectation is Verge is going to quietly walk away in hopes that people forget he was wrong and draw attention to Hitagi.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I should point out Hitagi just pulled back the granblue rep so not a problem anymore

But that could be piggyback from Vergeben since he said it may have fell through

And possible reps I can see most likely to least likely

Melmetal/gen 8 rep - trust they will advertise gen 8 with a dlc character for smash ultimate and gen I comes out 20q9 easily and dlc ends 2020 (I’m assuming Melton and melmetal is early bird gen 8)

Fire emblem three houses rep - they did it with Corrin earlier no question they can’t resist doing it again

Sylux or Metroid prime 4 rep - it may not be popular in the east but Metroid prime 4 was super requested and sylux is likley main anthologist either him or who ever the main villain is (logically one we will see again in future Metroid games)

Crash bandicoot or rayman - they love this guys crash has higher atvantage from the trilogy and return to nintendo systems after several years might further advertise it plus :ultmario: vs :ultsonic: vs crash is another dream battle back in the day

A high fan request character - they will atleast give us one more ballot choice probably either geno or banjo or heihachi

Hopefully we will end up with a pack two

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Doesn't help that one of his new predicitions is a Nintendo character with a sword. So that means it could be Rex, Euden, Urbosa, Isaac, a Fire Emblem character, Takamaru, or the samurai guy from Rhythm Heaven. Really narrows it down there. Again, it seems like these guys have no idea, and they can't go back and say the other info was wrong because then no one would hang on their every word. It's already suspicious enough that they went back and forth on Granblue (which made no sense from the onset).

Verge is probably wrong too as he usually is about something. This time it seems to be the Minecraft content and the second SE character which is going to be dragged out for a while. My expectation is Verge is going to quietly walk away in hopes that people forget he was wrong and draw attention to Hitagi.
Seems like you still need to grasp at something to discredit Vergeben, now don't you? Lord have mercy on you if there is Minecraft content in the game and the Square character is announced.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
The Dream:
Banjo, Geno, Dixie Kong, Pig Ganon, and Springman joins as the first character to be both playable and an assist.

The best I feel like I can hope for:
Dragon Quest rep ( hopefully Erdrick ), A Pokemon that I don't completely hate, Minecraft Steve, Bandana Waddle Dee, Paper Mario but with only post SPM inspired moves.

The Nightmare Scenario:
Fire Emblem character, Gacha game character, Gen 8 Pokemon, Cat Mario, a third party character that's only been around for a couple years at most and didn't even originate Nintendo Hardware

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
The Dream DLC 5 for me personally: Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, Captain Toad, Impa, Dr. Coyle or Twintelle

The semi-realistic 5 (that I'd be okay with): Rayman OR a Rabbid , Bandana Dee, Fire Emblem 3 Houses character, Gen 8 Pokemon, Sylux or a 3rd party character that is exclusive to Nintendo Switch in 2019 (Travis Touchdown, Slime, or Shin Megami Tensei character).

The Nightmare scenario: Pink Gold Peach, Cat Mario, Minecraft Steve, Dragalia Lost character, Fortnite guy.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
In my dreams:

Waluigi
Banjo
Isaac
Sora
Skull Kid
Lloyd
Knuckles
Krystal

Most of my wants are ATs :(

What I expect:

Geno
Bandana
FE
Pokemon gen 8
Steve

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
What I expect:
-Geno
-BWD
-Banjo
-Rayman
-Some Gen 8 pokemon chosen before we've seen them

What I want:
-Geno
-BWD
-Kamek
-King Hippo
-Some other 1st party rep

I just want Nintendo characters in my Nintendo crossover, and it feels like I'm the only one that does sometimes.

Incredibly pessimistic "nintendo hates us" scenario:
-DQ rep
-BWD
-Steve
-Fortnite Guy
-FE rep

(also, shoot me if you must, but I would much rather have Steve than Banjo. At least Steve is from a game I enjoyed playing)

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I just want Nintendo characters in my Nintendo crossover, and it feels like I'm the only one that does sometimes.
Trust me you're not alone I too am part of this club. 3rd parties in Smash to me is like having a bowl mostly full of green M&M's but there's a few yellow skittles mixed in the bowl as well. Yeah technically them being there isn't hurting anybody but I don't want my fruity candy mixed with my chocolate candy, I'd rather just have a bowl full of M&M's only.

Dan

Smash Lord
Geno w/Forest Maze, Dixie w/Gangplank Galleon (I know we already have a pirate ship, but still; that or Bramble Blast) & more genius David Wise compositions (because you can never have enough of those), Banjo w/Spiral/Mumbo Mountain, Bandana Dee, Isaac and then obviously some music tracks that go with the characters and their games (not familiar enough with Kirby or Golden Sun to pick stages).

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Seems like you still need to grasp at something to discredit Vergeben, now don't you? Lord have mercy on you if there is Minecraft content in the game and the Square character is announced.
Grasping at what? He said there would be Minecraft content in the game. There isn't Minecraft content in the game. He said there would be a second SE rep. There isn't one. I'm holding him to what he has already said.

Minecraft is probably not going to be in Smash with Nintendo picking the DLC. They barely add content from other companies in the games they make so I don't see them doing it much for Smash.
You're not alone. Been saying that for years. I'm seeing more people echo the same sentiment as the number of guest characters has ballooned

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Grasping at what? He said there would be Minecraft content in the game. There isn't Minecraft content in the game. He said there would be a second SE rep. There isn't one. I'm holding him to what he has already said.
I call it grasping because you still searched for reasons to discredit him, and just reading how you paint him as this shady liar who runs away if proven wrong, just proves that you still wish for him to be wrong after proving himself right about this game so many times.
Regarding Minecraft, Spirits can still happen, we haven't seen them all, and as Shantae demonstrated, some franchises and characters can appear as those (and even then, I'm not going to criticize Vergeben much if they don't, because Hitagi is the one who insists on Minecraft content existing in the base game). And both that and the Square character can be part of the DLC, which makes sense, since Piranha Plant has clearly been in the works for months, and if they estimate all DLC in the Pass to be done by February 2020, they must be at least, already working on some of them (Sakurai saying they'll "start" is probably just PR talk, just like what Trinen said about DLC a few months ago).

Also:
Minecraft is probably not going to be in Smash with Nintendo picking the DLC. They barely add content from other companies in the games they make so I don't see them doing it much for Smash.
That'd make sense...
If there weren't already nine guests in the game. Not to mention, Nintendo has already proven to be able to negotiate with Microsoft for Minecraft, as this little fella here proves:

And just because Nintendo gave Sakurai a list with characters they wanted in doesn't mean guests aren't going to happen, specially if they come from games they promoted themselves. Really, just because you don't want to see more of them, doesn't mean there won't be more of them.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
FIRST PARTY:

Paper Mario is demanded and likely has a game being developed for Switch currently.

Boo or King Boo could also happen with its increasing popularity, the eye opener that was Piranha Plant, and Luigi's Mansion 3 being announced.

A new Zelda character has been heavily requested, yet all of the popular fan choices have been rinsed for ATs. It leaves the likes of Ganon, BotW Champions, or some other obscure wtf choice. I believe a new Zelda character is inevitable, and it will be something barely anybody asked for if not one of the above.

A new Pokemon can always be counted on, and considering dlc characters get very special attention I want to make a bold prediction of the Eeveelutions all acting as a singular character akin to Bowser Jr and the Koopalings. The particle effects will be altered to accurately behave as fire/water/electricity/etc, and if this is too much to believe than look at Bayonetta and other characters' particle effects, and how they change depending on the pallete chosen. Let's Go Eevee released, Eevee is popular, but let's face it; the eight Eeveelutions are where it's at and there are currently precisely EIGHT of them. Perfect, no? They'll make us all scramble for that dlc pass by tantalizing us with "use ANY of the Eeveelutions you want!!!"

Nobody wants to hear Fire Emblem, but it is a driving force that keeps Nintendo raking in the dough and there are plenty of classes they could choose from still. I don't particularly care for FE myself, but there's no denying that the series is popular and dlc needs to cater to fans.

Pikmin 4 is coming. I'm a hardcore Pikmin fan and can't honestly think of a character that would work differently enough from Olimar to warrant dlc. Again, Piranha Plant has taught us to stay on our toes, but none of the monsters from Pikmin really stand out as having a strong chance. It's a cautionary consideration for Pikmin.

Animal Crossing fans that wanted Nook have been burned to the bone. A new Animal Crossing character could be very likely, Isabelle is not a deconfirmer here (remember Fire Emblem in Smash 4) and Final Smash characters can still be playable when looking at Chrom. Nook, KK Slider, Resetti... lots of possibilities all engorged by the passionate fandom and AC coming to Switch.

Splatoon is also a big deal and the Octolings have the oppurtunity to use lots of unfeatured weaponry not present in Inkling's moveset.

Rhythm Heaven needs something. It's right up Sakurai's alley, the series will definitely come to Switch at some point and Nintendo would want to make people aware of this franchise.

THIRD PARTY:

Namco is getting something. Whether it's a Tales character, a Tekken character, a Souls character, or any of the other countless IPs we wouldn't see coming. My bet is on Tales of Symphonia and Lloyd Irving. It is widely regarded as the most solid entry point into the series, was rooted on Gamecube, and the character is a long-time request. If not Lloyd, then Yuri from Vesperia (which is getting ported to Switcheroo very soon.)

Sega has lots of options as well. I don't expect anything super retro like Ristar, but they have an expansive catalogue to surprise us with. Tails is currently unscathed, has been around since Sonic's second game, and has some unsung popularity against the likes of Shadow and Knuckles. Many old-school Genesis nuts like myself hold Tails very fondly since childhood. I know myself and many others that would be brought to tears to see the little guy get his chance.

Square will drill for Sora, for Dragon Quest, and for more FF7. They advertise what they want to sell within the next few years. Nintendo avoids Disney like the plague, and Sakurai knows better than to oversaturate Smash with FF characters from a single game. But if FF7 remake was getting any kind of second character, it would be damn Sephiroth. He is a legend among gaming villains and would make the money fly out of thousands of nerds' pockets like 'phweeeeee'. Exactly what Square wants. No Geno, no Crono, no legacy picks. The World Ends With You has an established fanbase that SSB wouldn't really effect, and Square wouldn't go for having Neku. It's all business with the Square Bears. So in all honesty, I think it would be a DQ character or Sephiroth. Sora would be a ****ing ballsy choice and Disney would just make it the most painful process ever. Sakurai's life is already a corporate hell, he doesn't need to tangle with Disney.

Konami has few significant offerings left. Silent Hill sure isn't getting anything and I see no other franchises under their name that could compare to the goliath MGS, Bomberman, and Castlevania names.

Capcom has lots of great IPs to share, but I'm not as familiar with their actual agenda. Mega Man and Street Fighter are the two heavy-hitters, past them it doesn't seem like Capcom would be interested in doing anything else. They're largely a mystery and could bust out any number of characters. Resident Evil 2 remake is happening soon, but I highly doubt an RE character is going to be on Sakurai's radar or even Nintendo's for that matter. Games like Okami already have an established fanbase and wouldn't benefit much from getting a character, wouldn't really affect sales, even if Amaterasu is popular. Phoenix Wright is popular too, but I don't see him as a Nintendo pick either. But I'm not confident in predicting Capcom newcomers and it's mostly just gut feeling.

Microsoft has Minecraft. It looks like a very real possibility and we'll all have to deal with it. If it's a stepping stone to Banjo, great. If we get Master Chief and no Banjo at all, I won't put stock in Phil Spencer's words any more.

Ubisoft has Rayman. I know the fact that Rayman is in Brawlhalla has people backpedaling, but it means nothing. There's no rule saying that Rayman can't be in two games. He's demanded, Ubisoft is on good terms with Nintendo at nearly Sega levels, and Rayman just feels right at home next to the rest. There isn't anybody else that can even compete from this company.

My wild shot in the dark guess is this:

1. Paper Mario
2. Eeveelutions
3. Minecrafter
4. Rayman
5. Sephiroth

^I don't expect any more than maybe one of those five guesses to be right. Guessing newcomers is as hard as jumping off a rocket ship through a sea of daggers and landing in a basketball hoop with your junk intact.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
I have a question :

Why does most of people think they will be third parties characters ?
I mean, it's Nintendo which will decide the DLC characters. I think we'll have only first parties. And you know what ? I'm okay with that.
I think we have to much third parties. Really.

So, I'd say (for fun) :

1 : Paper Mario
2 : Dr Lobe
3 : King Boo
4 : Epona
5 : Zoroark

Realistically :

1 : Dixie Kong
2 : A new Zelda character
3 : Paper Mario
4 : A new FE character
5 : A new Pokemon

That's it. I wish for obscure characters, fun picks and moveset potential. But I really think we'll have first parties. And it's a good thing. I don't want ****ing Heihachi. Or Lloyd Irving. The only third parties I want are Rayman or Steve. And no Geno.

splat

Smash Lord
I have a question :

Why does most of people think they will be third parties characters ?
Because for DLC, you tend to want something different, something unique. Something not in the base game just yet. Looking at Smash 4's DLC, you have Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta - all characters vastly different from the regular cast. Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy generated a lot of hype since people missed them - which isn't possible for Ultimate - so they're in a different boat. The only Nintendo newcomer was Corrin, who people **** on for many reasons.

Third parties tend to blow up a lot of dust, and that's what you want if you want the DLC to sell. There's few Nintendo all-starts remaining that'd generate as much hype as a character that people though wasn't possible before. My top pick, Dixie, would definitely make less of a splash than characters like Steve or Sora. Steve might also cause some backlash - but there'd still be people talking about him, which also generates sales. At the end of the day, Nintendo wants to make as much profit out of the DLC as they can - so sales would probably be leading in their picks, whether it's Ultimate DLC sales or sales for other games.

I too much prefer first parties, though. That said, these are my guesses:
  1. Minecraft Steve (Really do feel he'll make it. Implied by leakers and would bring in a whole new audience);
  2. Sora / Erdrick / Slime / any other SE rep (As implied by leakers);
  3. Doomguy / Master Chief / any other shooting game character (Again, bringing in a new audience);
  4. Lloyd / Heihachi / any other Bamco rep (As they've been working very hard on the game);
  5. Bandana Dee / Dixie Kong / any other cute-ish Nintendo character to offset the picks above.
I doubt we'll see Pokémon, AC or FE: Three Houses promotional characters; I think they'll be big enough to sustain themselves.

2 : Dr Lobe
More Dr. Lobe enthusiasts? Hurray!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
its funny how so many of you think a three houses character and a gen 8 pokemon are likely due to the games coming out next year yet barely any one extends the same thinking to yoshi's crafted world, luigi's mansion 3 and animal crossing switch

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
FIRST PARTY:

Paper Mario is demanded and likely has a game being developed for Switch currently.

Boo or King Boo could also happen with its increasing popularity, the eye opener that was Piranha Plant, and Luigi's Mansion 3 being announced.

A new Zelda character has been heavily requested, yet all of the popular fan choices have been rinsed for ATs. It leaves the likes of Ganon, BotW Champions, or some other obscure wtf choice. I believe a new Zelda character is inevitable, and it will be something barely anybody asked for if not one of the above.

A new Pokemon can always be counted on, and considering dlc characters get very special attention I want to make a bold prediction of the Eeveelutions all acting as a singular character akin to Bowser Jr and the Koopalings. The particle effects will be altered to accurately behave as fire/water/electricity/etc, and if this is too much to believe than look at Bayonetta and other characters' particle effects, and how they change depending on the pallete chosen. Let's Go Eevee released, Eevee is popular, but let's face it; the eight Eeveelutions are where it's at and there are currently precisely EIGHT of them. Perfect, no? They'll make us all scramble for that dlc pass by tantalizing us with "use ANY of the Eeveelutions you want!!!"

Nobody wants to hear Fire Emblem, but it is a driving force that keeps Nintendo raking in the dough and there are plenty of classes they could choose from still. I don't particularly care for FE myself, but there's no denying that the series is popular and dlc needs to cater to fans.

Pikmin 4 is coming. I'm a hardcore Pikmin fan and can't honestly think of a character that would work differently enough from Olimar to warrant dlc. Again, Piranha Plant has taught us to stay on our toes, but none of the monsters from Pikmin really stand out as having a strong chance. It's a cautionary consideration for Pikmin.

Animal Crossing fans that wanted Nook have been burned to the bone. A new Animal Crossing character could be very likely, Isabelle is not a deconfirmer here (remember Fire Emblem in Smash 4) and Final Smash characters can still be playable when looking at Chrom. Nook, KK Slider, Resetti... lots of possibilities all engorged by the passionate fandom and AC coming to Switch.

Splatoon is also a big deal and the Octolings have the oppurtunity to use lots of unfeatured weaponry not present in Inkling's moveset.

Rhythm Heaven needs something. It's right up Sakurai's alley, the series will definitely come to Switch at some point and Nintendo would want to make people aware of this franchise.

THIRD PARTY:

Namco is getting something. Whether it's a Tales character, a Tekken character, a Souls character, or any of the other countless IPs we wouldn't see coming. My bet is on Tales of Symphonia and Lloyd Irving. It is widely regarded as the most solid entry point into the series, was rooted on Gamecube, and the character is a long-time request. If not Lloyd, then Yuri from Vesperia (which is getting ported to Switcheroo very soon.)

Sega has lots of options as well. I don't expect anything super retro like Ristar, but they have an expansive catalogue to surprise us with. Tails is currently unscathed, has been around since Sonic's second game, and has some unsung popularity against the likes of Shadow and Knuckles. Many old-school Genesis nuts like myself hold Tails very fondly since childhood. I know myself and many others that would be brought to tears to see the little guy get his chance.

Square will drill for Sora, for Dragon Quest, and for more FF7. They advertise what they want to sell within the next few years. Nintendo avoids Disney like the plague, and Sakurai knows better than to oversaturate Smash with FF characters from a single game. But if FF7 remake was getting any kind of second character, it would be damn Sephiroth. He is a legend among gaming villains and would make the money fly out of thousands of nerds' pockets like 'phweeeeee'. Exactly what Square wants. No Geno, no Crono, no legacy picks. The World Ends With You has an established fanbase that SSB wouldn't really effect, and Square wouldn't go for having Neku. It's all business with the Square Bears. So in all honesty, I think it would be a DQ character or Sephiroth. Sora would be a ****ing ballsy choice and Disney would just make it the most painful process ever. Sakurai's life is already a corporate hell, he doesn't need to tangle with Disney.

Konami has few significant offerings left. Silent Hill sure isn't getting anything and I see no other franchises under their name that could compare to the goliath MGS, Bomberman, and Castlevania names.

Capcom has lots of great IPs to share, but I'm not as familiar with their actual agenda. Mega Man and Street Fighter are the two heavy-hitters, past them it doesn't seem like Capcom would be interested in doing anything else. They're largely a mystery and could bust out any number of characters. Resident Evil 2 remake is happening soon, but I highly doubt an RE character is going to be on Sakurai's radar or even Nintendo's for that matter. Games like Okami already have an established fanbase and wouldn't benefit much from getting a character, wouldn't really affect sales, even if Amaterasu is popular. Phoenix Wright is popular too, but I don't see him as a Nintendo pick either. But I'm not confident in predicting Capcom newcomers and it's mostly just gut feeling.

Microsoft has Minecraft. It looks like a very real possibility and we'll all have to deal with it. If it's a stepping stone to Banjo, great. If we get Master Chief and no Banjo at all, I won't put stock in Phil Spencer's words any more.

Ubisoft has Rayman. I know the fact that Rayman is in Brawlhalla has people backpedaling, but it means nothing. There's no rule saying that Rayman can't be in two games. He's demanded, Ubisoft is on good terms with Nintendo at nearly Sega levels, and Rayman just feels right at home next to the rest. There isn't anybody else that can even compete from this company.

My wild shot in the dark guess is this:

1. Paper Mario
2. Eeveelutions
3. Minecrafter
4. Rayman
5. Sephiroth

^I don't expect any more than maybe one of those five guesses to be right. Guessing newcomers is as hard as jumping off a rocket ship through a sea of daggers and landing in a basketball hoop with your junk intact.
Hey, what about some potential Activision reps?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't want ****ing Heihachi.
Heihachi won't be likely at this stage, since his voice actor Ishizuka died shortly and most likely after doing Incineroar for Smash.

its funny how so many of you think a three houses character and a gen 8 pokemon are likely due to the games coming out next year yet barely any one extends the same thinking to yoshi's crafted world, luigi's mansion 3 and animal crossing switch
Good to see I'm not alone on that. While AC may be a stretch since we already have Isabelle unless they sneaked in Mr. Resetti, I could easily see King Boo and Poochy be picked as possibilities.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
For now its kind of hard to determine who will be there and who will not cause we still don't know all the content of the game. For example, There is not a single Xenoblade Chronicles X content except a spirit of a skell. This could be an open door for Elma, but we still don't know all the spirit + X musics are maybe in the game bt we will need to buy it or earn with by doying challenges. I will not speculate who will be DLC until the launch of the game, but I will put my top list. Each fighter will come with a stage and 10 musics tracks (maybe we will get more or less in reality I don't know):

1.Elma

Stage: A floating stage which will go between all the continents of Mira with a lot of species in the background

Music:
-Xenoblade Chronicles X Medley (will includes continents musics themes)
-Theme X (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsUw4Hzex0M)
-Uncontrollable (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmdnpbmM4pc)
-Black Tar (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwebAhgpnxw)
-The key we've lost (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgD2AxKPyN0)
-Z5 Mira (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3ch02hpnUM)
-Z15 Field (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmdt5wU0F6g)
-CodenameZ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l1-4nPlRxE)
-Shinpiteki (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAOS10Vi8YY
-NLA Night (Throw me rocks but I like this track its a guilty pleasure) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZxLijQvEa4)

2.Dixie Kong

Stage: Fruit Factory from Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze or just anything else.

Music:
-Swing Juice (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUQixRxKoxg)
-Windmill Hills (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzhOnSFcfQg)
-Seashore War (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKhZca4cN6M)
-Snowmads Theme (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HemiX9LfAM)
-Aqueduct Assault (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn5E-5tCjUA)
-Mining Melancholy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkRvgb27xnU)
-Forest Interlude (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYyMNXM8Kgg)
-Final Boss (Donkey Kong Country Return) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUzHb4azf0)
-Fear Factory (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Sjr4e9YGo)
-Frosty Fruits (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kohr_WTzQx0)

Yes there is a lot of Tropical Freeze tracks on my list, but for me this OST is David Wise at his best!

3.Banjo Kazooie

Stage: Gruntilda's Lair. Sometimes Gruntilda will come and throws insults at the players depending on their score or their characters.

Musics:
-Gruntilda's Lair (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UPzduJ8vxo)
-Final Battle (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxIRZaVKoq4)
-Treasure Trove Cove (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S7pXH05yKY)
-Spiral Mountain (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXHkRm1VNo)
-Click Clock Woods (any season maybe a medley) 9https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l552PinhJSo)
-Freezeezy Peak (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJp6SvYkgDs
-Main Title (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQNAVqW1shA)
-Rusty Buck Bay (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg9vBGYH4Ow)
-Bubblegloop Swamp (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VavuQwVKFPc)
-Mad Monster Mansion (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zALOSa5Ulp0)

4.Monster Hunter

Stage: A Volcano with different monsters in the background

Musics:
-Shagaru Magala (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgTK2jffviY)
-Cathar (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVgX3nkq890)
-Chameleos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9cFG6Zg4Ro)
-Zinogre (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV8laC3y4vc)
-Mizutsune (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyXeOpj3RWI)
-Gammoth (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXieRmIpUxY)
-Ceadeus (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9fuNo-Hwig)
-White Fatalis (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGAUCj-c9og)
-Cheeko Sands (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t_1dVUpr_w)
-Main Theme (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhDK0Krdabo)

There is so much musics tracks in the entire Monster Hunter series. These are some of my favorites.

5. Excitebike or any retro fighter

I love retro character in Smash. I play a lot of Duck Hunt, ROB and Game and Watch so I would love to see a new retro character. My first pick would be Excitebike. Yes it seems strange but if Sakurai and his team are able to find a moveset for duck hunt or the plant, Excitebike is not a big deal

Stage: Excitebike circuit

Musics:
There are not many Excitebike tracks so the majority will probably be original tracks and remix.

Sorry if you find it hard to read at some point, english is not my first language.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
My prediction at the beginning of this thread is outdated, now I don't really know what we will get, there are a lot of new factors involved.

Anyway, I think that a Zelda newcomer is very likely.
I think that the most likely Zelda newcomers are either Tetra (Nintendo occasionally used her or Toon Zelda for promotional material and I could definitely see them wanting her in) or a champion from Zelda Breath of the Wild (the most likely IMO are Mipha and Revali, but for some reason I think that Revali is the most likely of all of them).
There is also a remote possibility of getting Ganon, but it's just a remote possibility (not impossible though).

I don't know what to think about the leaked characters. Steve, SE rep, etc... I'm not sure.

For some reason, I'm starting to get very pessimistic about a Rhythm Heaven rep. It's probably not going to happen.

Pokèmon is still very likely, even though the roster has many of them already. It could either be Eevee (because of Let's Go Eevee), or a gen 8 Pokèmon. But there is also a small possibility that, since Incineroar is already a new Pokèmon rep, they will skip Pokèmon for DLC.

About Mario... It would be safe to assume that we won't get any Mario newcomer since we already got Daisy and Piranha Plant, but since Nintendo is selecting the characters, I think that Toad has a big chance of being a DLC. Maybe we will also get a character to promote the new Luigi's Mansion, and that could either be King Boo or E. Gadd.

There is a chance that one of those DLC characters will be a Kirby newcomer, though it's a small chance. I think that Bandana Dee or Waddle Dee is unlikely for several reason (but not impossible), my guess is that it's either Marx or Magolor, and I think Magolor is more likely, especially with the Lor Starcutter/Another Dimension as stage.

Donkey Kong....................... I don't know. Dixie Kong is an important character and all, but I'm not sure, I can see Nintendo wanting Funky Kong instead because they like him a lot, look at Mario Kart Wii. (on a side note, why we can have Donkey Kong Country characters in Mario Kart but not Warioland or Wario Ware characters since Wario is in too? Come on, Captain Syrup would work extremely well into a pirate ship shaped kart).
The chance of getting a DKC character as DLC is about 50%, and while Dixie is the one who makes most sense, we can't really predict who Nintendo would prefer.

Metroid Prime 4 exists, and everyone has been speculating that Sylux will get an important role in the game, since he's been teased in several games as a cliffhanger. It's not guaranteed that Sylux will be in MP4, but if he is in, he is automatically a good candidate for Smash DLC. In case he's not, I doubt we'll get a Metroid rep at all.

There is a possibility that one of the DLC characters comes from a new game that's still not announced and we know nothing about, so it's impossible to predict.

I really can't predict anything about third parties, I just don't know.

---

As you see, the situation is very confused, there are a lot of possible options, all of them being vague and based on pure speculation with absolutely no informations in hands.
The only thing I'm a bit confident into is that we're likely getting a Zelda character, and that's either Tetra or a Champion (both is extremely unlikely).
Maybe Toad too.
But on a second thought, getting a Zelda BOTW stage would mean getting another Zelda BOTW stage, and we already have one in the game. While it's not impossible (one example is Mute City and Big Blue in Melee coming from the same game, F-Zero X), it makes the chance weaker... but I can totally see a stage on the top of a divine beast, especially the one related to the eventual Newcomer champion. The same applies for Tetra and the Windwaker stage already in the game, but I think that getting a new WW stage is less likely.

Now, just for fun, I'll do an updated prediction, but as I said earlier in this post, the situation is too much confused and it's impossible to do an actual prediction based on the small amount of informations we have.

In no order:

-Character: Revali (or Mipha)
-Stage: Divine Beast Vah Medoh (or Vah Ruta)

-Character: Toad (with Toadette as alt)
-Stage: something from Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

-Character: Magolor
-Stage: Another Dimension

-Character: Dixie Kong (or Funky Kong)
-Stage: something from Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (or updated Jungle Hijinxs)

-Character: Gen 8 Pokèmon (or Eevee)
-Stage: something from the Gen 8 games (or something from Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee)

Sylux can replace one of the characters in the list if he gets an important role in Metroid Prime 4.
One or more third party characters can replace some of the characters in the list as well if added.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I call it grasping because you still searched for reasons to discredit him, and just reading how you paint him as this shady liar who runs away if proven wrong, just proves that you still wish for him to be wrong after proving himself right about this game so many times.
Regarding Minecraft, Spirits can still happen, we haven't seen them all, and as Shantae demonstrated, some franchises and characters can appear as those (and even then, I'm not going to criticize Vergeben much if they don't, because Hitagi is the one who insists on Minecraft content existing in the base game). And both that and the Square character can be part of the DLC, which makes sense, since Piranha Plant has clearly been in the works for months, and if they estimate all DLC in the Pass to be done by February 2020, they must be at least, already working on some of them (Sakurai saying they'll "start" is probably just PR talk, just like what Trinen said about DLC a few months ago).
I don't have to paint Verge in any way. Great example: Verge earlier this year said there would be two Castlevania games for the Nintendo Switch, a new game and a collection. This was after people assumed Konami would show two games at E3. However, it turned out people misunderstood Eventme (which I believe was the name of the scheduler) which made it seem like there was two games. Konami only announced a Sports game at E3.

What Verge's cult like to do is they like to ignore every time he's wrong and only focus on when he's right. Verge also said K Rool wasn't going to be in and Isabelle was an echo. By the way, do you know who was also saying Isabelle was going to be an echo? The community. Where do you think Verge got that from? I'll give him credit that he got somethings right, but if there was anything that was hard to guess like Richter or Daisy or Everyone Was Here, he didn't say anything about it. I think people give him to much credit because they focus on what was right. There is still no Minecraft content or SE Rep. Why should I believe those weren't wrong?

Your point on DLC is off as Sakurai stated the Line-up was complete after the Direct. How did Verge know about Minecraft if the DLC wasn't decided back in June.

That'd make sense...
If there weren't already nine guests in the game. Not to mention, Nintendo has already proven to be able to negotiate with Microsoft for Minecraft, as this little fella here proves:
[image]
And just because Nintendo gave Sakurai a list with characters they wanted in doesn't mean guests aren't going to happen, specially if they come from games they promoted themselves. Really, just because you don't want to see more of them, doesn't mean there won't be more of them.
Hardware is different than software. Funny how no one mentions the possibility of a Fortnite character as Nintendo has a bundle for that game.

Look at Nintendo's titles. Notice how there is almost never any crossover content. Mario Maker had over 100 costumes. Of those, there were three third party amiibo and the cat from Monster Hunter. However, there was also Babymetal, the host of CX Gamecenter, and anime character, characters from Famitsu and Corocoro, the GLA (again) and Hello Kitty. If there are characters from other companies (such as Mario Hoops or the Mario Kart Arcade game) it was made by another company, not Nintendo.

If you need more proof, here is the statement from Nintendo themselves
The Smash Bros. series titles are special to our company because it is the place where the characters of Nintendo's main titles come together. Many consumers discover Nintendo games they never knew about through the Smash Bros. series, so if Smash Bros. is spread wide across our consumer base, it will, by extension, also enhance the appeal of our overall IP

Nintendo see Smash as pushing THEIR IPs, not the IPs of video games or of other companies. So if Nintendo is picking the DLC, do you think they'll push Minecraft, a series they don't own, they have to pay Microsoft for, and one consumers can get on other system, or ARMS, a game they own, they make money off of and is exclusive to the Switch. It's not hard to see what Nintendo would do. The roster has been decided by Sakurai so saying "BUT THERE ARE GUEST CHARACTERS ALREADY" means nothing because Nintendo didn't pick them.

What I dont understand about these people who follow Verge is they get really upset when you point out he might be wrong. He's wrong about most of the games he talks about, and he often copies other leaks (which probably happened for Smash as Ridley was talked about by a lot of people). But point this out and the white knights must come and slay the evil trolls who besmirch his honor. So here is what I'll close on. There is no Minecraft content in Smash. There was not another SE Rep. He said these would be in the game. They aren't. Explain why I shouldn't believe these are just wrong statements.

Top Bottom