• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falcon Social

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I HAVE RETURNED AND WILL LEAVE ONCE AGAIN IN A FEW DAYS KTHNXBYE

Also, I like super smash land.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I really like your video Helmet.

It shows me you know a lot about your character.

Btw, all of the fallowing are combos:

FHN = First hit of N-air

1. FHN-> U-air
  2. FHN -> Up-B
  3. FHN -> N-air
  4. FHN -> B-air (Buffer back down and jump during the n-air landing lag it will buffer turn around and jump, during the jump squat buffer back air)
  5. FHN -> FootStool (You have to buffer dash and jump)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz

FHN = First hit of N-air

1. FHN-> U-air
  2. FHN -> Up-B
  3. FHN -> N-air
  4. FHN -> B-air (Buffer back down and jump during the n-air landing lag it will buffer turn around and jump, during the jump squat buffer back air)
Tested with frame data and all that jazz?

Because, though I tested it back in the day and found it was a combo, this again confirms that falcon can FHN->footstool->lock->almost anything u want **** alot of characters (until certain percentages, offc)

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Tested with frame data and all that jazz?

Because, though I tested it back in the day and found it was a combo, this again confirms that falcon can FHN->footstool->lock->almost anything u want **** alot of characters (until certain percentages, offc)
yes, I used frame advance mode, and I did it all to MK, it may not be possible to foot stool heavier character seeing as they usually have less hit stun.

I wasn't able to hit him with any aerial on the way down besides d-air(after the footstool), everything else he can stand up before you hit him

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah it doesn't work as well on characters that are not as light as mk.

Good to know though. It's nice to have someone who uses frame advance mode around here.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I really like your video Helmet.

It shows me you know a lot about your character.

FHN = First hit of N-air

1. FHN-> U-air
  2. FHN -> Up-B
  3. FHN -> N-air
Which video? I am confuse.

Props for doing frame testing. I'm way too lazy to mess with that stuff anymore.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Wait, what happened while I was away? Did GIMR become a secondary Falcon?

Also, random trivia: Up-B is underrated.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Wait, what happened while I was away? Did GIMR become a secondary Falcon?

Also, random trivia: Up-B is underrated.
i like to up+B out of grab releases. OH BTW, i think we can up+B MK from grab release

gr->buffer dash->up+B

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
If Falcon Dive is guaranteed out of grab release on MK then you've got a nice method to send him a long way off stage at high percents.
Falcon Dive over all is a great move, but it's easy to be naive with it. I want to say don't overestimate it, but what I would really mean is that don't make it so integral that the opponent is going to move out of the range and punish hard. The human factor in any match up will **** you if you use Falcon Dive without setting it up properly first.

If you set it up right though, like how Calvo mentioned its possible with a grab release, then a smart Falcon should go for it because Falcon Dive is an excellent killer.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
yes, I used frame advance mode, and I did it all to MK, it may not be possible to foot stool heavier character seeing as they usually have less hit stun.

I wasn't able to hit him with any aerial on the way down besides d-air(after the footstool), everything else he can stand up before you hit him
I see.

But getting a Dair in everythime you get a FHN(->footstool) in (in theory) is already awesome.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Here are all of the grab release combos I've discovered for MK

GR -> U-air
GR -> N-air
GR -> regrab
GR -> up-B(I'm pretty sure this works)
GR -> buffered [dash, jump, upsmash], it hits on frame 22 so it's in escapable, they can DI out of the second hit though
GR-> dash attack strong hit
GR-> dash attack weak hit
GR -> Falcon kick

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I know grab release to falcon dive works on jigglypuff lol.
It doesn't unless maybe you SH before it.

Here are all of the grab release combos I've discovered for MK

GR -> U-air
GR -> N-air
GR -> regrab
GR -> up-B(I'm pretty sure this works)
GR -> buffered [dash, jump, upsmash], it hits on frame 22 so it's in escapable, they can DI out of the second hit though
GR-> dash attack strong hit
GR-> dash attack weak hit
GR -> Falcon kick
Are you positive MK is in hitstun that long? I always get uaired.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
It doesn't unless maybe you SH before it.

Are you positive MK is in hitstun that long? I always get uaired.
you have a 21 frame advantage out of grab release. Since MK can't doing anything in one frame you actually have a 22 frame advantage. Since his invincibility doesn't come out until frame 3 of the air dodge you arguably have a 23 frame advantage.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
you have a 21 frame advantage out of grab release. Since MK can't doing anything in one frame you actually have a 22 frame advantage. Since his invincibility doesn't come out until frame 3 of the air dodge you arguably have a 23 frame advantage.
Ohh right. I should have thought earlier to check frame advantage before trying to do every move in frame advance.

I'm liking the idea of Up-B. Most MKs try to uair or Shuttle Loop out of grab release (expecting an up smash or uair) and that would really catch them off guard.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Ohh right. I should have thought earlier to check frame advantage before trying to do every move in frame advance.

I'm liking the idea of Up-B. Most MKs try to uair or Shuttle Loop out of grab release (expecting an up smash or uair) and that would really catch them off guard.
well, if you dash and up-B on frame 10 it will connect on frame 23, seeing as he can't air dodge(since he won't be invincible yet) or up-air you(since you'll be under him)

it just might connect no matter what. The question is, are you close enough for it to connect

lordhelmet

Smash Master
well, if you dash and up-B on frame 10 it will connect on frame 23, seeing as he can't air dodge(since he won't be invincible yet) or up-air you(since you'll be under him)

it just might connect no matter what. The question is, are you close enough for it to connect
Up-B is harder than I thought it would be :L

I'm not even sure if it's possible because of Falcon's retardedly long dash animation

Top Bottom