• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falcon Social

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
uh, i need some help -

i remember someone saying that you can cancel the lag on CFalcon's dAir - how the **** do i do that again?

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
uh, i need some help -

i remember someone saying that you can cancel the lag on CFalcon's dAir - how the **** do i do that again?
1. You grab the controller
2. Wear a helmet to not hurt yourself (a Falcon helmet would be preferable)
3. You move the control stick down and hold it
4. Slide your finger from the jump button (X,Y) to the A button quickly
5. ?
6. Profit!

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I do think it's a bit difficult too. It is doable though. Sometimes after I practice it for a while at my house, and then go to a tourney I can't do it as consistently anymore.

Player-3

Smash Hero
you don't have to practice it at all
you just have to practice being able to remember to slide form Y to A everytime you want to do it

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
you don't have to practice it at all
you just have to practice being able to remember to slide form Y to A everytime you want to do it
Listen to this guy! ACing aerials isn't that hard, its all in the finger sliding and already having the direction in place.
>.>
what about X will that work?
Yup, whatever you have as a jump button :)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Y to A? who the **** uses the A button for aerials?
Well the people who want to autocancel SH aerials.

Nothing against using the C-stick for aerials, but when you're on the ground it's totally unpractical. So you should train to use both.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
ok thanks guys i appreciate it - gotta go practice it now lol

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I've got two matches of my Falcon up. I don't know if you'll read the descriptions, but I was high as balls during these two matches, and they were tourney.

Match 1

Match 2

Let me just say, I am mostly a Melee player, I play, my Falcon like mostly Agro. I also don't take Brawl too seriously. But I do welcome your critique.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
You know there's a rate my falcon sticky right?

But uhh, first game looks good. You got your DI solid and gameplay fluent. You're playing Brawl CF as Melee CF which doesn't work xD

I saw you try to gentlemen>Knee which doesn't work lol, and you go for a lot of Knees which also doesn't work in Brawl. I see that you got plenty of uair spam, just work on remembering that you're playing Brawl and use more jab>grab.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i haven't watched but you're a melee player and i'm assuming you know the basics, so pretty much spam uair at all points, jab when they are near you (3 frames, combos into grab... grabs are good)

Player-3

Smash Hero

only thing i would say is use more utilt to stop approaches b/c it's all disjointed and ***** most things

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
So you approve of the High Falcon? Sweet.

I love Falcon's uptilt, I've been working on using it more in both games.

Player-3

Smash Hero
yehz i do

oh, and more grabs lolz

i felt like i was watching melee falcon that wasn't l cancelling lmao

one of falcons utilts best applications in melee is edgeguarding, like agaisnt fox/falco (them and dorf are like the only chars i have exp agaisnt, so it might work agaisnt other chars, since i haven't gone to many tournys besides tipped off 5 for melee, but at to5 i was playing falco not falcon at the time :( ) it will just put them back offstage or a kill at high %s

NES n00b taught me that <3

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah man

and m2k is scary as hell to play agaisnt he wrecked me so hard LOL

but me and my teammate took him and hbox to like...5 stocks xD

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
aww <3 n00b.

Yeah lordhelmet just told me to use jab>grab more, which I guess I'll have to use more.
Jabs, grabs, uair juggles, nair. And the Knee, occasionally.

And nipples, but that's more Melee.

I heard Falcon also has a usmash or something. But I've never seen anyone use it. Ever.

Top Bottom