• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falcon Social

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
Can someone answer as to how Falcon can run and stop mid dash and instantly smash in any direction?
I've seen lord helmet do that in one of his tech videos. If its a lord helmet exclusive then i understand, but it could be nice.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Falcon has a few ways of doing it depending on the type of dash. Foxtrotting (in the video above) lets you reset the dash rapidly-- and you can input another move once he comes to a stop as well. If you don't hold forward after that first lunge, Falcon won't have a cooldown slide.

However, if you are talking about doing it out of a full dash, you'll want to press backwards during the dash so Falcon will turn around, then input whatever you want. It significantly reduces the cooldown lag from the dash and you can do a reverse forward smash from it (stutterstep fsmash), which has more range than a normal forward smash since Falcon moves forward with it.

Personally though, I would recommend pulling up a shield to stop your momentum, then do something (if you're doing it out of a full dash), simply because it's more convenient and will have about the same amount of cooldown time (or less, haven't tested frame data for it) than the already reduced cooldown from turning around during the dash.

If you want to get fancy with dash shenanigans, you can always get Falcon into the running animation, press backwards -> neutral as he's turning around, then press the control stick back in the direction you were dashing toward. Falcon will turn around like he's going to run in the opposite direction, then his animation will jump back to dashing the way he was originally going. Silly for getting dash grabs too (or going into a foxtrot up close!).

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Maybe what RvlvR is looking for is true pivot. To do that you just have to be really fast during a dash dance, you don't need the first foxtrot.

How to do it : dash forward, then asap input the backwards dash, like when you want to dash dance.
Now very important : you must input your smash/move before the second (backwards) dash happens but after inputting it. It's very hard at first but gets easier when you understand the timing.

Once you master that you can also do it after a foxtrot, and you can also do jab and grab. true pivot grab is way faster than the regular pivot grab, go ahead and try it.

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
Seems like a difficult start, but i'm finished with my semester in college so i can work it in before crossfire this weekend.
Thanks to all who helped.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yo darky, Your Relius and Lambda are free.

Jokes, jokes.
That Hazama tho.

I actually just started playing BB:CSE again. Getting ready for BB:CP now. There's been a rumor going around that D.C. Douglas (the voice of Wesker) is going to be Azrael's English voice actor, since he posted about getting a job voice acting for an Arcsys fighting game on his official page.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
That's gonna be sick.
Im also playing BB:CSE again. But im just not really hardcore at this game.
I just can't guard properly.
Only thing im not sure though is the intrusion of that Kagura guy.
How is he gonna get into that storyline.
But whatever, it's still gonna be a great game.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Well, Kagura and Manga Terumi are going to be DLC characters from what I hear. I doubt they'll be in the story whatsoever; kinda like how Makoto, Platinum and Valkenhayn didn't have story modes until CSE. Do you play on the 360 or PS3? I've been hopping back and forth with BlazBlue and Persona 4 Arena lately.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Well i play it on the PS3.
The problem with Kagura though is that we see a screenshot were Kagura gets in the story were he meets Noel and Makoto.
But it could always be just from Noel's or Makoto's storyline.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Well i play it on the PS3.
The problem with Kagura though is that we see a screenshot were Kagura gets in the story were he meets Noel and Makoto.
But it could always be just from Noel's or Makoto's storyline.
Well, Kagura is a representative from the NOL. He's apparently a really high ranked member in some other branch of it (likely from another Hierarchial City). It's nice that they've at least included him in the plot, though. Basically doing what they did with Relius in CS1. Have him make numerous appearances before he actually gets hands-on in the plot.

Edit: THEY JUST ANNOUNCED BLAZBLUE IS GETTING AN ANIME SERIES.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ty-trigger-fighting-game-gets-anime-green-lit

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
SWEET!
im happy that it's official now.
So, i guess the 1st season is all gonna be about Calamity Trigger right?
Can't wait.

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
So i took the advice on that pivot smash thing, and it really is viable!
Half the people i played that day got continuously hit by it, even wills' DK.
My first match though was against NAKAT and that did not end well.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
YEAH, i just heard about it.
I just love Arc system works, even if im not good at their games.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I hope that they bring back the Double Dash feature where if you're playing with a friend, they can punch and kick off the back of the kart. I want to knee people from the back of a kart with Falcon.

Top Bottom