• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falco matchup might be even worse than before with this

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
So we already know about the possible chaingrab to spike to laserlock to about 120%, though luckily we can tech out of that. I was looking through the falco boards and came across this (I didn't see any threads about this here):

Results
Disclaimer: These are the results I have found comfirmed myself using CPU lv 9, on stop and control settings. No DI used.

Works:
1) Laser Lock Combo on DDD, Pikachu, TL on Pictochat. Splat > LL

2)High probablity LL for DDD theoritically any stage.

BPG (sliding to stage edge) > Dthrow > Jab > LL; (BPG starting at 60% minimum, if I understand the Jab to LL idea)

3)BPG > up-angled ftilt on DDD 125% is max that this combo will be guranteed on.
coming from: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232227

As I was trying to figure things out I found this thread which is the more organized version:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233991

Summary (from what I could understand):
Falco boost pivot grabs us to the edge (his back facing the edge), he can then standing chaingrab us, until we do something known as 'splatting' which is some weird knockback from the dthrow leaving us as if we had just been spiked. From there we can get laserlocked or some other such crazy thing. We can apparently tech the 'splatting' unless we're on pictochat where the laserlock is guaranteed i think (according to the first link).

Also has this been known? I did not (from the second link):

Also, I know you can CG DDD up to like 80 percent with a buffered grab. I'm still working on it though, its hard.
This could make a horrid matchup even worse, though hopefully teching the splat isn't terribly difficult.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad I second ROB now lol. Better go and change the article in the matchup thread...

Gates

Banned via Warnings
A lot of this has already been known and it doesn't change the matchup much. On top of that, it looks like he was doing it in training mode which messes with the damage and knockback required and, like you said, we can tech out of it.

Once Falco can get guaranteed kills off grabs like Ice Climbers can (ie. without depending on laser locks and the Dedede player not teching or DIing like a ******) the matchup will become significantly worse. Until then, this is nothing significant.

So many people are following me to G&W...I'm so proud of you guys. :)

T3h Albino

Smash Master
A lot of this has already been known and it doesn't change the matchup much. On top of that, it looks like he was doing it in training mode which messes with the damage and knockback required and, like you said, we can tech out of it.

Once Falco can get guaranteed kills off grabs like Ice Climbers can (ie. without depending on laser locks and the Dedede player not teching or DIing like a ******) the matchup will become significantly worse. Until then, this is nothing significant.

So many people are following me to G&W...I'm so proud of you guys. :)
i didn't know you used gnw until i started posting over there
<< i just realized he covers d3 so well like why not....

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
As others have said this was previously known and is not match-up altering, if you have any more questions about it, then go ahead and use the Q&A thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom