• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The eternal debate: How will Brawl be controlled? CONTROLLER DISCUSSION HERE

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Is that true?

And I played some Smash last night without rumble...I had never realized how much rumble really affects you. I'm not sure which I'll try now, as I'm not sure I like the rumble.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
now that we now that available controller schemes, I feel that there is no use debating on this issue anymore... but anyway my favorite control scheme will definetly be the GCN controller as well as the CC Controller, but I really won't consider EVER playing with the WiiMote unless I'm dead-bored playing Brawl which I probably won't be, but i guess i might try it out the first time I get the game, and maybe even perhaps beat the crap out of n00bs with it

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Rumble is NOT distracting, in fact it gives a player a sense of feeling of the action which is why i'm disapointted that they took it out of the PS3 controller

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
How does Rumble distract you

It's not like its like its someone kicking you or anything, idk i would like more emphasis on that tho, so if you could, please elaborate how Rumble is distracting
well thats why I said IMO. It distracts me, I guess I shouldn't have said you. sorry.

The reason it distracts me is because I want my controller to stay still while I rapidly press the buttons, and when I play a serious smash match I am completly focused on it and play by instinct, the rumble draws me back into the non smash world and ****s up my mindgames because when I concentrate completly on my game I can concentrate completly on my opponent and how to create a playstyle that counters his instantly.

The Bino

Smash Lord
No no don't worry bout it, i was just trying to figure out how Rumble effects ppl, since at almost every single tournament i go to, i will see ppl turn off Rumble for their name, i never understood it, and noone had ever seemed to explain it to me even when i asked

Hmm that's highly interesting, i've played with Rumble since the game came out, but i seriously don't really even feel like i have Rumble on, i mean i feel it, i know i do, but it kind of doesn't really do anything in my game at all but like i said i just didnt' understand it, and i guess i never will lol but i just play the game as it is lol so i guess if ppl wanna play with it on or off won't affect my game at all

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
No no don't worry bout it, i was just trying to figure out how Rumble effects ppl, since at almost every single tournament i go to, i will see ppl turn off Rumble for their name, i never understood it, and noone had ever seemed to explain it to me even when i asked

Hmm that's highly interesting, i've played with Rumble since the game came out, but i seriously don't really even feel like i have Rumble on, i mean i feel it, i know i do, but it kind of doesn't really do anything in my game at all but like i said i just didnt' understand it, and i guess i never will lol but i just play the game as it is lol so i guess if ppl wanna play with it on or off won't affect my game at all
Yeah, most people turn it off but Ive seen some people that turn it on. All of them asian. I swear to god, and this proves my theory

sakurai said:
I suppose I would recommend the Nintendo GameCube controller, though. I like the feel of that powerful rumble.
See? Asians.

Oh and by the way man I still really feel stupid for calling you a scrub/n00b earlier in this thread. Its just such a habit for me but from what i hear you seriously pwn in smash and itd be an honor to play you one day, online or in person. :chuckle:

The Bino

Smash Lord
When did you call me a scrub?

Guess i didn't read all of those pages that i skipped for like 9 days or so lol

I pwn in smash lol Awesome lol, i find that funny, i know im good but i wouldn't say PWN, but i like the sound of that lol

marth8000

Smash Cadet
i really hope you get to use the gamecube pad and not the wii remote and nunchuk it would just be to weird to use the wii controlers

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
In a large enough tournament there is a high chance of interference between Wiimotes if everyone were to use them. Wired controllers are the only way to go for a competitive game like smash.

Sensai

Smash Master
jdironfist: Thank you. That was probably one of the best posts I've ever seen.

And it never occurred to me that they could easily make it 8 players now...8 players on the same console, rather, as opposed to 8 via LAN. so 16 players via LAN...

(if you can't tell I'm kidding, then I work for the government and I need your Social Security Number. Just PM it to me)

adjl

Smash Rookie
While it might be possible to have 8-player matches, I don't think it'd really work that well. Four-player matches get crowded enough already, at least in Melee, 8 would just be excessive on any stage smaller than Hyrule Temple. Of course, it's not impossible for there to be a larger number of massive stages, where 8-player battles can work better, so who knows? It could get interesting...

The Bino

Smash Lord
Actually, since both the WiiMote (and/or it's accessories) and the GameCube controllers are compatible with Brawl, it's possible that they might make it 8 players per game.
Actually if you went to Smashbros.com and looked underneath all the menus to the left side, right where it says Players you will see it clearly states 1-4 players... which then defeats the purpose of mentioning that it might be made with 8 players per game

Super Smash Dude

Smash Cadet
Actually if you went to Smashbros.com and looked underneath all the menus to the left side, right where it says Players you will see it clearly states 1-4 players... which then defeats the purpose of mentioning that it might be made with 8 players per game
I hate it when I am proved wrong :mad:

Also, why are you called "MURO!!!!!!" instead of having a regular rank?

RDK

Smash Hero
8 players in a game at the same time would be ridiculous, anyway. Way too much stuff going on.
Also, why are you called "MURO!!!!!!" instead of having a regular rank?
Because he has a platinum account, and when you have a platinum account, you can edit your description, or "rank".

Super Smash Dude

Smash Cadet
8 players in a game at the same time would be ridiculous, anyway. Way too much stuff going on.

Because he has a platinum account, and when you have a platinum account, you can edit your description, or "rank".
Ooooooh, thanks for telling me.

Also... Do you need a platinum account to change the color of your text like you?

monty06

Smash Ace
i agree with red dark star kirby 8 players is abit much and 4player is only good 4 doubles any way.

~rh

Smash Lord
I'd be insanely chaotic with 8 players on such a tiny stage. And to scale the stage out to make everyone be seen would suck.

RDK

Smash Hero
I put Muro!!!!! down cuz in my Crew we are home of the Murt Murh's and my nickname of the Murts is Muro, Murt Murh's are opposite of Boozers
:psycho: Lol, now I'm confused.

Also... Do you need a platinum account to change the color of your text like you?
No...I'm just sweet like that.

RDK

Smash Hero
Originally Posted by Sol
A Murt Murh is the exact oppisite of a boozer, some peopleplay bowser and call them selfs boozers the other people play bowser and call themselfs Murt Murhs

If you chose to follow the path of a murt murh youmust follow the Murt Murh Oath wich is

THE MURT MURH OATH:

1: A Murt must never lie to another Murt.

2: A Murt must always counter-pick Yoshi Story.

3: A Murt must always roar with all his might.

4. When a single Murt fails to achieve victory, another Murt shall assist him in battle.

5: A Murt must never team with someone other than a fellow Murt(if your caught teamin with a boozer your automaticly banned from the land of the murts.

6: A Murt must never turn down the Murt Murh Challenge.

7. If a fellow Murt is in trouble, his friend must always throw his massive body into the arena to save him.

8: If a Murt must fight another Murt or Boozer in tournament, they are 100% obligated to finish the set as the big guy.

9. When using the down B, you must always warn the opponent ahead of time.

10. If a Murt loses a match multiple times he may call his younger brother(yoshi), his gym teacher(c. falcon), or his best bud(dk) in to take out the opponet
ROFLMAO, omg, that is hilarious! If I mained Bowser, I would join you guys. Who comes up with this stuff? :chuckle:

But anway, back to the original discussion...

Since the original gamecube controller is available to be used on Brawl, I don't see why every veteran player wouldn't choose that, since using the Wiimote and Nuchuk is ridiculous, and they wouldn't have to shell out any extra cash to buy the Wii wireless "Classic Controller" because they would already have Gamecube controllers...

The Bino

Smash Lord
ROFLMAO, omg, that is hilarious! If I mained Bowser, I would join you guys. Who comes up with this stuff? :chuckle:

But anway, back to the original discussion...

Since the original gamecube controller is available to be used on Brawl, I don't see why every veteran player wouldn't choose that, since using the Wiimote and Nuchuk is ridiculous, and they wouldn't have to shell out any extra cash to buy the Wii wireless "Classic Controller" because they would already have Gamecube controllers...
Well none of us actually main Bowser we play Bowser, and we had made it a Murt Murh, you gotta see us in action to hear the full ROARS!!!! of Murts!!!!!!!!!!!! lol we get really into it and it makes it fun for us and for everyone else, we all get a good couple of laughs outta it lol

Also i am gonna try every controller scheme out, see which one fits my play style more than anything, but if i gotta shell out money for a Classic Controller than so be it, i will then have to purchase the Wii Charge Station so i make sure my Controller is fully charged, especially since i will be hitting up those tournaments right off the bat, and batteries die quickly

RDK

Smash Hero
Also i am gonna try every controller scheme out, see which one fits my play style more than anything, but if i gotta shell out money for a Classic Controller than so be it, i will then have to purchase the Wii Charge Station so i make sure my Controller is fully charged, especially since i will be hitting up those tournaments right off the bat, and batteries die quickly
Trying out all the configurations is a smart idea--I was just being coy...

But you have to admit that when you start out, playing Brawl with the Wiimote and Nunchuk would be rather clumsy...people would be a lot more familiar with the Gamecube controller.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Trying out all the configurations is a smart idea--I was just being coy...

But you have to admit that when you start out, playing Brawl with the Wiimote and Nunchuk would be rather clumsy...people would be a lot more familiar with the Gamecube controller.
Yea i know, but im just gonna try it out with the Gamecube controller 1st just like everyone else, mainly cuz i dont' have a Classic Controller, but i know ppl that do have it, so i can try it out through them, and the Sideways WiiMote, im thinking that's for another type of game, meaning like how they had the special melee in Melee and the Events, that's what im thinking this Sideways Wiimote will be mostly used at

Sensai

Smash Master
People who played Melee will be more familiar with the GC controller, not everyone.

And I still think that 8 players would be a **** load of fun. Don't you guys ever remember just dickin' around? Like...pokeballs and bombs on high?

Those were the days...

RDK

Smash Hero
And I still think that 8 players would be a **** load of fun. Don't you guys ever remember just dickin' around? Like...pokeballs and bombs on high?

Those were the days...
...or Coin Match with damage ratio turned down, items set to just Bob-Ombs, Motion Sensor Mines, and Party Balls? And set to VERY HIGH? Ahh, yessss....complete and utter annihilation.

And to think people didn't think getting to 500+ damage was possible without cheating...:laugh: jk

With the Smash community gatherings under such competitive tension, you don't often find people just screwing around like you used to do when you first picked up the game...

MastaWeeji

Smash Cadet
But it clearly says on DOJO that motion sensing won't be used.
Can someone show me where this is? cuz i don't see enough buttons on the Wiimote if they don't implement with motion sensing...

Also, i also like the feel of the rumble on my controller, and i'm not asian.... but i might have an asian mind to some...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Don't worry Weeji, it doesn't say that motion sensing won't be used.

Top Bottom