• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The eternal debate: How will Brawl be controlled? CONTROLLER DISCUSSION HERE

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I think the Nunchuk and Remote could work well. The Wavebird will be my main controller but I'll give that one a try. And I'm really interested in how the Remote will work.

MastaWeeji

Smash Cadet
When I get Brawl, I plan on using the GCN controller scheme last... I want to see what the other controls feel like first. I just know that if I try the GCN controller first it will be hard for me to try anything else and enjoy it. Although in the end, I think I may go back to the comfort of the GCN controller.

Also, this is just a crazy idea of mine, but I belive it would be possible to play up to 8 player matches in Brawl if you use four Wiimotes and four GCN controllers. Although I think they would be more for fun and I imagine it would be less challenging and mostly getting randomly hit everywhere by a bunch of people playing the game. <_<

Kind of sadly, this idea is disprooved by the official site saying "Players: 1-4".
That could have been an interesting possibility. If you think of it that way you could also say that the game could have been 12 players: 4 wiimotes - 4 Classics - 4 GC... but then the wiimote and CC holders would need to be really close ><...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
some regular jackoff said:
I read a couple pages ahead and saw that you practicaly worship wavedashing. So much to the point that you even said you wouldn't play Brawl if it didn't have it. You would just keep playing Melee...
And what's wrong with that? Melee owns and I bet I could 5 stock you.

Welp, have fun playing it alone
I won't be alone. unlike you, some people don't get tired of great games and decide to whor themselves out to the sequel. I still play SNES more than I play my PS2. I'm the true gamer here, not you.

, because it's obvious your not a TRUE Smash fan
Yes. I am. Ive been playing the game for 7 years. Regardless of my opinions, that makes me a smash fan. Infact, Im playing smash online right now, and I do so everyday. do you? do you play smash everyday, mr TRUE KVLT smash fan?

I bet you also play with items, claim its just ''for fun'' but secretly think you're playing ''true'' smash despite what the rest of the community agreed on. Scrub.

if you only played the game for a glitch.
Its not a glitch. Go into debug mode, or research ''land fall special'' it was known about to the developers, wavelanding at least and they LEFT it in. Therefore it is a legitimate technique, and you probably haven't gone to a tournament in your life, and you probably would get 4 stocked by my friends sister, who has gone to at least a bi-weekly and smashes with real smashers, IE : Me, not you.

I dont know about you or anyone else for that matter, but I played Melee because it was fun
No really?!?!?!? YOU HAVE FUN PLAYING GAMES??!??! OMFG!!!

How stupid are you, do you think I hate the game I play everyday, or treat it like some serious life pursuit? Smash is the funnest thing in the world for me, after sex drugs and metal.

I also see myself as a casual gamer who plays games as a hobbie
Nice job spelling ''hobby'' and.. uh.. good for you? I don't get paid to play video games so I suppose I'm in the same boat..

is pretty good at them
I highly doubt you could take me in smash. Highly doubt it. Wanna prove otherwise, get Project 64 k, and Ill meet you online for an asswhooping anyday.

And dont john and tell me ssb64 isnt smash, because it is. And its a great game.

and also has a LIFE.
Wow, you had to sink this low? What are you implying?

Are you trying to say that outisde of smash boards and playing a video game you do other things in your daily life? wow I sure do wish I could be like you.

Im currently in 2 bands, going on tour with one. Im in college (on summer break) I have many, many friends who I party with all the time, and many many friends who I smash with from time to time. The fact that you would use the tired old ''omg get a lyfe'' routine proves you have little to no chance in standing up to ME in a debate, especially on the brawl boards, which I practically own.

Seriously, stop living in the past when everyone knows whether Brawl has wavedashing or NOT it will be the better game. Melee was rushed in production and in many ways was NOT perfect.
Melee was perfect, how the heck else could it have changed the life of so many gamers. inspired so many tournaments, made KEN a whopping 40 000$ US?

Its a great game. If you think ''TIERZ MAKE DA GAME IMBALENCD'' then you're a scrub-idiot. Its a fighting game, some characters are better than the other. Get over it, and shut up.

mamush said:
And that is why you will never be a business man.
Amen to that. Id rather shoot myself.

As I said before Dylan, I pity you.

You rely on and love wavedashing so much, that you wouldn't play Melee if it wasn't in the game.
I pity you. You hate wavedashing and you're bitter that you never made anything of yourself in the smash scene because you are a scrub who refuses to accept the techniques of the game and instead decides that the pros are all cheep haxors.

Of course id still play melee without wavedashing, if it never had existed I would never have known about it.

Thing is though I probably never would have gotten so good at it without it. I am certain beyond a shadow of a doubt that I could kick your *** 6 ways from sunday in super smash melee, judging by your scrub attitude.

Wavedashing is like .. glue that holds my spacing in place. My smash game is composed of hundreds of small techniques intergrated together to perform smoothly, without wavedashing however I lose many of my mindgames and much of my spacing, making me 500 times worse at the game.

Wavedashing does NOT mean you are pro
Wavedashing is NOT difficult to do
Wavedashing is not something you should spam
Wavedashing is not something you should do for no reason
Wavedashing does not LOOK cool

Wavedashing, however is REALLY useful at high levels of play. And if you can't accept that, trust me Im not the only smasher that would pity you.

You can all **** off by the way. If you posted this crap in melee discussion you would be flamed and ridiculed SOO badly. You're lucky you lurk in the Brawl section, and you're unlucky that I'm around.

Because I won't stop fighting you guys, ever.

lemondrop said:
I say if you have something to say about someone's ignorance, Prove them wrong
GG scrubs.

Zaku009

Smash Rookie
well ive been reading this for awhile and shaking my head in a disgusted silence, but no more. dylan after reading all your posts i have decided you are a first class nerd. maybe im wrong but seriously, go back and read your posts. if they dont define nerd idk what does. just look at your above post. you claim to play smash everyday, and it looks like youre on the boards all the time. when do you have time for a life? seriously, i think someones in denial. and dont shoot that "youre a scrub i could 5 stock you" crap at me either. I dont care. Im not even saying im good or bad or youre good or bad. besides you dont know me, or even mamush, so everything you say is just pure speculation and bull****. if you really didnt rely on a glitch to play smash, or feel like there might be some ounce of truth to wavedashing being a glitch, you wouldnt get so mad and waste your life away defending it. besides even if im wrong, it seems like by now youd of realized arguing online is like preaching to the choir, its usually a waste of time. so just stop, relax, and rethink your life and how you waste it away. get a job, bum.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Dylan I understand that you strongly dislike the "begginers" and you "won't stop fighting them" and what that guy that wrote all that crap doesn't know what the h3ll he is talking about, but just lowering your flaming lvl from OVER 9000!!!!! to BELOW 9000!!!!!! would make things better for them "scrubs". And would they be in this forum if they didn't love smash as much as you do? (well, maybe not as much) So that y'all play differently doesn't mean that your way is b3ttars!!21!1!!! (maybe it does in competitive play, but you know what I mean)

And that social life thingy is only their problem. If they want to sit all day stuck with their computer, so be it.
You see? You're getting called a nerd now.

Mamush

Smash Cadet
And what's wrong with that?
What's wrong is saying you wouldn't play a perfectly good game simply because they didn't put in what YOU wanted.

I won't be alone. unlike you, some people don't get tired of great games and decide to whor themselves out to the sequel. I still play SNES more than I play my PS2. I'm the true gamer here, not you.

Yes. I am. Ive been playing the game for 7 years. Regardless of my opinions, that makes me a smash fan. Infact, Im playing smash online right now, and I do so everyday. do you? do you play smash everyday, mr TRUE KVLT smash fan?

I bet you also play with items, claim its just ''for fun'' but secretly think you're playing ''true'' smash despite what the rest of the community agreed on. Scrub.
haha You dont even know me, but I like how you had to make up stuff just to defend yourself. Seriously there is no such thing as "TRUE" smash. Only ones oppinion which way they like to play more.

Its not a glitch. Go into debug mode, or research ''land fall special'' it was known about to the developers, wavelanding at least and they LEFT it in. Therefore it is a legitimate technique, and you probably haven't gone to a tournament in your life, and you probably would get 4 stocked by my friends sister, who has gone to at least a bi-weekly and smashes with real smashers, IE : Me, not you.
From the way your talking to me you would think was talking about Melee and not BRAWL. I like how you completly ignore what I originaly said and only proved my point about living in the past even more... Even now your still talking about Melee in the Brawl boards.

Nice job spelling ''hobby'' and.. uh.. good for you? I don't get paid to play video games so I suppose I'm in the same boat..
No no Im in the "hobby" boat NOT the "obsessive" boat.

I highly doubt you could take me in smash. Highly doubt it. Wanna prove otherwise, get Project 64 k, and Ill meet you online for an asswhooping anyday.
Well atleast now we know whose the REAL man.

Wow, you had to sink this low? What are you implying?

Are you trying to say that outisde of smash boards and playing a video game you do other things in your daily life?
no...

Melee was perfect, how the heck else could it have changed the life of so many gamers. inspired so many tournaments, made KEN a whopping 40 000$ US?
Yeah because you know if Ken made money off the game then it must be perfect.
"it changed the life of so many" LMFAO!
YOU HAVE ISSUES...

If you posted this crap in melee discussion you would be flamed and ridiculed SOO badly.
Unfortunately for you we're not. :laugh:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Deleted. Im not even going to bother with people so bitter about their lack of skill they have to resort to calling everything a glitch.

psicicle

Smash Ace
yeah, it's impossible to play smash and do things that a "life" would consist of at the same time...

who cares if wavedashing is a glitch? It's in the game and makes it better. If I proved to you 100%, beyond a shadow of a doubt that everything the A button does is a glitch (I know it isn't), I think that most people will keep using it. It makes the game better. Some people need to stop playing by their assumptions of what the oh-so-mighty developers intended.

"if you really didnt rely on a glitch to play smash, or feel like there might be some ounce of truth to wavedashing being a glitch, you wouldnt get so mad and waste your life away defending it."

That is the argument that the intelligent design proponents use when the evolutionists decide to actually argue against them. "oh he's arguing against it, that means there is something to argue!". What if he didn't argue against it? Would you go the ID proponent way again and say that he is scared to argue against it? Seems like it's impossible to win against this type of logic.

I might say that you are doing the same thing: "if you really DID rely on a glitch to play smash, or feel like there might be NOT some ounce of truth to wavedashing being a glitch, you wouldnt get so mad and waste your life away defending it."

Dylan, a lot of ad hominem and strawmen in that last post. Abide by this and use it as a weapon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacies

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Dylan, a lot of ad hominem and strawmen in that last post. Abide by this and use it as a weapon:
yeah I realized that. Deleted it. Here's the more well thought out version. Logic ftw.

well ive been reading this for awhile and shaking my head in a disgusted silence, but no more.
No more! oh I'm a shakin in my boots now :laugh:

dylan after reading all your posts i have decided you are a first class nerd. maybe im wrong but seriously, go back and read your posts.
I am a nerd. I like it that way. I'm also a well known musician in my city who plays shows frequently and to tell the truth I'm 1000x times better at music than I am at smash. Trust me, as much time as I spend playing / talking about smash, I play music twice as much.

Oh noez, I'm a nerd. I really do envy all you cool people out there who are beyond discussing a video game.

''You are a nerd'' is a really weak argument man. try harder next time, I know you can do better :)

if they dont define nerd idk what does. just look at your above post. you claim to play smash everyday, and it looks like youre on the boards all the time
What makes you think that, my large post count? Uh oh I guess MCfox is a huge nerd too and way below you aswell. as is anyone who has a large post count on this forum.

Yes, discussing a game I love on a forum defines me as the ultimate nerd, which is entirely hypocritical because you signed up to post on the very same forum, ''mr cool''

when do you have time for a life? seriously
Oh I dunno.. lets do the math. I play online smash at nighttime on days when im not partying. And I meet with my friends to play smash once a week for about 10 hours.

So lets say in an average week I play online smash for 10 hours and melee for 10 hours. Thats 20 hours out of 168 in a week. I probably sleep about 56 of those 168 so that leaves me ...

90 waking hours in which I dont play smash. I use this time to hang out with my friends, party and get wasted (I enjoy a good buzz. I hate being too wasted and I know my limits) playing music, working, dating, hanging out on the net, spending time with my family, eating, playing sports, watching Tv..

Like seriously, I cant believe another one of you pulled out the ''u dun have a lyf'' argument. Its just sad.. especially since you claim :

hypocrite said:
besides you dont know me, or even mamush,
lol. :laugh::laugh:

, i think someones in denial. and dont shoot that "youre a scrub i could 5 stock you" crap at me either. I dont care. Im not even saying im good or bad or youre good or bad.
I dont see why skill shouldnt be a factor in deciding who knows more about the game of smash, I mean people who are BETTER at the game obviously understand the details more than you, you should listen to them. Too many of you nubs on these boards seem to think your opinions matter. They don't. You know nothing substantial and you should shut your traps and listen.

so everything you say is just pure speculation and bull****. if you really didnt rely on a glitch to play smash, or feel like there might be some ounce of truth to wavedashing being a glitch, you wouldnt get so mad and waste your life away defending it.
I don't need to argue this, the above poster already made you look like a ****ing idiot.

a very smart guy said:
That is the argument that the intelligent design proponents use when the evolutionists decide to actually argue against them. "oh he's arguing against it, that means there is something to argue!". What if he didn't argue against it? Would you go the ID proponent way again and say that he is scared to argue against it? Seems like it's impossible to win against this type of logic.

so just stop, relax, and rethink your life and how you waste it away.
Once again :

hypocrite said:
You're a really big hypocrite.

besides even if im wrong, it seems like by now youd of realized arguing online is like preaching to the choir, its usually a waste of time.
Yet.. you're doing it right now?

LOL

get a job, bum.
Got one. Game tester :) Im a student working in the summer. I guess my game testing job only adds to my ''nerdiness' and quite frankly : I don't really care. I love being a nerd, we get the best things in life. Grow up and get past the 5th grade insults, its sad. :(

psicicle

Smash Ace
edit:
"What's wrong is saying you wouldn't play a perfectly good game simply because they didn't put in what YOU wanted. "

He can do what he wants. Something called freedom exists.

Dylan, being a scrub is not a bad thing. As long as they don't try to spread their ideals or whine, there is nothing wrong with playing with items. Playing competitive smash is more fun for competitive smashers, playing scrub smash is more fun for scrub smashers. Each does what they feel is more fun, and in the end, that is the goal of any video game.

Scrubs, playing by your own made up rules is okay unless you try to make others follow them also.

Zaku009

Smash Rookie
sigh psicicle, Im not even saying he shouldnt defend wavedashing, im just saying that at this point its obviously a waste of time to do so, and to be honest i dont even remember mamush directly knocking wavedashing as a tactic in the first place, he just seems to think its a glitch. and as far as wasting my life away doing this in your last little comment, this is my 10th ****ing post on the site, and at the time i only had one post in this topic. do not try to turn my words back on me, thats just a waste of both of our lives. oh and at dylan, remember nintendo is a business trying to make money. they make money by selling games, and obviously to make the most money with a product, it must appeal to many people. to say that is less important than being a deep blah blah game is sadly completely absurd.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I'm glad to see the marketing aspect pulled out again. I really love how gamers of today really and truly care about Nintendo's sales, and not about what they themselves want in a game.

Anyhow, read my post on the last page. Heck, I'll copy paste it here just in case you missed it

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dylan, a lot of ad hominem and strawmen in that last post. Abide by this and use it as a weapon:
yeah I realized that. Deleted it. Here's the more well thought out version. Logic ftw.

well ive been reading this for awhile and shaking my head in a disgusted silence, but no more.
No more! oh I'm a shakin in my boots now :laugh:

dylan after reading all your posts i have decided you are a first class nerd. maybe im wrong but seriously, go back and read your posts.
I am a nerd. I like it that way. I'm also a well known musician in my city who plays shows frequently and to tell the truth I'm 1000x times better at music than I am at smash. Trust me, as much time as I spend playing / talking about smash, I play music twice as much.

Oh noez, I'm a nerd. I really do envy all you cool people out there who are beyond discussing a video game.

''You are a nerd'' is a really weak argument man. try harder next time, I know you can do better :)

if they dont define nerd idk what does. just look at your above post. you claim to play smash everyday, and it looks like youre on the boards all the time
What makes you think that, my large post count? Uh oh I guess MCfox is a huge nerd too and way below you aswell. as is anyone who has a large post count on this forum.

Proof of my theory, which I made before you even posted the proof :

this is my 10th ****ing post on the site, and at the time i only had one post in this topic
Wow man. its like a contest. the coolest people have the lowest post counts. I envy you.

Yes, discussing a game I love on a forum defines me as the ultimate nerd, which is entirely hypocritical because you signed up to post on the very same forum, ''mr cool''

when do you have time for a life? seriously
Oh I dunno.. lets do the math. I play online smash at nighttime on days when im not partying. And I meet with my friends to play smash once a week for about 10 hours.

So lets say in an average week I play online smash for 10 hours and melee for 10 hours. Thats 20 hours out of 168 in a week. I probably sleep about 56 of those 168 so that leaves me ...

90 waking hours in which I dont play smash. I use this time to hang out with my friends, party and get wasted (I enjoy a good buzz. I hate being too wasted and I know my limits) playing music, working, dating, hanging out on the net, spending time with my family, eating, playing sports, watching Tv..

Like seriously, I cant believe another one of you pulled out the ''u dun have a lyf'' argument. Its just sad.. especially since you claim :

hypocrite said:
lol. :laugh::laugh:

, i think someones in denial. and dont shoot that "youre a scrub i could 5 stock you" crap at me either. I dont care. Im not even saying im good or bad or youre good or bad.
I dont see why skill shouldnt be a factor in deciding who knows more about the game of smash, I mean people who are BETTER at the game obviously understand the details more than you, you should listen to them. Too many of you nubs on these boards seem to think your opinions matter. They don't. You know nothing substantial and you should shut your traps and listen.

so everything you say is just pure speculation and bull****. if you really didnt rely on a glitch to play smash, or feel like there might be some ounce of truth to wavedashing being a glitch, you wouldnt get so mad and waste your life away defending it.
I don't need to argue this, the above poster already made you look like a ****ing idiot.

a very smart guy said:

so just stop, relax, and rethink your life and how you waste it away.
Once again :

hypocrite said:
You're a really big hypocrite.

besides even if im wrong, it seems like by now youd of realized arguing online is like preaching to the choir, its usually a waste of time.
Yet.. you're doing it right now?

LOL

get a job, bum.
Got one. Game tester :) Im a student working in the summer. I guess my game testing job only adds to my ''nerdiness' and quite frankly : I don't really care. I love being a nerd, we get the best things in life. Grow up and get past the 5th grade insults, its sad. :(

Zaku009

Smash Rookie
...you sit here and do math to try and prove to me you have a life...loser. besides i never even said you dont have one. also i said youre a total nerd because of the content of your posts not the amount the reason i said it looks like your always on is because three times(i think) i signed on this week, you were on. also i am not arguing with you, well i suppose i am now by saying im not, but in the original post i wasnt. im not even claiming to be cool, but im not some weirdo who goes around saying hes proud to be a nerd. n there you go saying i suck callin me a scrub again...lol. oh and i never said i cared about their sales, im just pointing out the fact that they do, i even added a sadly in there to show i disagreed with that way of thinking

Mamush

Smash Cadet
Quoted for TRUTH.

YOU NEVER RESPONDED TO MY ORIGINAL POST. All I did was bring up you saying you wouldn't play Brawl if it didn't have wavedashing. When I read that I thought what a bad reason not to play and so I said something about it. And here you are blabbering about Melee and whooping me at the game, going off subject, and completly ignoring what I had said.

"#2 matters more than number one. So if you don't have the skills, you shouldn't even be posting on these boards."

I guess the people who dont have skills should just not even play the game at all. Since they DONT matter. Stop being biased and acting like there's only one way or no way at all.

"You're so lost in your scrub mindset I won't even bother. Have fun never advancing in smash and chalking it up to glitches and cheapness."

Not ONCE did I ever mention playing any particular way NOR that using advance techniques was cheap.

You stand here calling me the ****ing coward when you couldn't even respond to my first comment. SAYING YOU WOULDN'T PLAY BRAWL IF IT DIDN'T HAVE WAVEDASHING IS JUST STUPID AND YOU KNOW IT WAS. I mean why else would you just completly ignore me if I was wrong and bring up beating me smash?

psicicle

Smash Ace
"do not try to turn my words back on me"
... I think this quote speaks for itself.

Being a nerd is not bad. In fact, the only thing bad about it is that the word "nerd" happens to have negative connotations for no real reason. What exactly makes "having a life" better than not having any anyway? What if I were happier without this "life"? If I am happier having no life, then I would think that having no life is better than having a life. The problem with telling somebody that he or she has no life is first:
whether he or she has a life is subjective.

second: there is nothing wrong with having no life if that is what one wants.

third: in this topic, that doesn't matter. It does not make that person or their argument wrong. If you would go to the link I posted and find "ad hominem" you will probably realize this.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
...you sit here and do math to try and prove to me you have a life...loser. besides i never even said you dont have one. also i said youre a total nerd because of the content of your posts not the amount the reason i said it looks like your always on is because three times(i think) i signed on this week, you were on. also i am not arguing with you, well i suppose i am now by saying im not, but in the original post i wasnt. im not even claiming to be cool, but im not some weirdo who goes around saying hes proud to be a nerd. n there you go saying i suck callin me a scrub again...lol.
WTF? You did claim he didn't have a life. Re-read your first post on this thread. BTW both of you are judging each other, but you explicitly said do not judge me in your post.

Last thing I was annoyed with was the tired Nintendo is in to making games for money arguement for taking out wavedash. Ok, if we go by that logic, then Nintendo will keep wavedash in. Let me explain why. Most people do not know about the technique of wavedashing; therefore, they do not care. If these people do not care, then the team could keep the same game engine physics.

The money saved is from not having wasted man hours changing the physics so that wavedash would be cut out. You may argue that it would take little time, but even so it costs money and alot of smashers do not care/know about the techinque so why change it?

I will not come back to this thread. So good day good sirs. :)

Hope that did not sound too arrogant. *refers to last line* <_<

psicicle

Smash Ace
"I read a couple pages ahead and saw that you practicaly worship wavedashing. So much to the point that you even said you wouldn't play Brawl if it didn't have it. You would just keep playing Melee...

Welp, have fun playing it alone, because it's obvious your not a TRUE Smash fan if you only played the game for a glitch. I dont know about you or anyone else for that matter, but I played Melee because it was fun. I also see myself as a casual gamer who plays games as a hobbie, is pretty good at them, and also has a LIFE. Seriously, stop living in the past when everyone knows whether Brawl has wavedashing or NOT it will be the better game. Melee was rushed in production and in many ways was NOT perfect."

Should I highlight something? look at this:
"it's obvious your not a TRUE Smash fan if you only played the game for a glitch"

another post:

"haha You dont even know me, but I like how you had to make up stuff just to defend yourself. Seriously there is no such thing as "TRUE" smash [fan]. Only ones oppinion which way they like to play more."

contradiction much?

psicicle

Smash Ace
zaku:
"when do you have time for a life? seriously"
I think that's what most people call a rhetorical question.

Also, yeah I double posted sorry.

"Seriously, stop living in the past when everyone knows whether Brawl has wavedashing or NOT it will be the better game."

No. Just because something is a sequel does not mean it is better. Another fallacy (I dont know the name) is to assume that new things are better than old things. Another thing- better is subjective.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
...you sit here and do math to try and prove to me you have a life...loser.
Sorry if math is hard for you :( Took me about 20 secs to figure it out and type it. Hardly an inconvenience. I type really fast btw, hence these long posts in short time spans.

besides i never even said you dont have one. also i said youre a total nerd because of the content of your posts not the amount the reason i said it looks like your always on is because three times(i think) i signed on this week, you were on.
Ok.. so I leave my computer on a lot. Doesnt mean I'm always here ;) I was busy allll day today with both my bands.

also i am not arguing with you, well i suppose i am now by saying im not, but in the original post i wasnt.
You don't make any ****ing sense. I cant even believe I'm lowering myself to the point of conversing with you. :psycho:

im not even claiming to be cool, but im not some weirdo who goes around saying hes proud to be a nerd.
Good one! And yup. Still nerdy and proud. Depends what your definition of nerdy is, really. Mine involves playing games as a main part of one's hobbies and going further into the game than just the surface.

By that logic about 95% of the posters here are ''nerds'' I doubt they have problems with their lifestyle either, despite your high almighty attitude towards that lifestyle. You're a bit of a bully, eh?

n there you go saying i suck callin me a scrub again...lol.
where? I did no such thing directed towards you. I did post this

and I stand by it. Nowhere in there did I call you a scrub though. I did call Mamush a scrub because he's trying to call a widly accepted technique that is used in every major tournament by at least 90% or more of the gamers, a ''glitch'' in some feeble attempt to devalue the usefullness of the technique. Psicle already explained the futility of this.

oh and i never said i cared about their sales, im just pointing out the fact that they do, i even added a sadly in there to show i disagreed with that way of thinking
My mistake. I appologise.

narcissist said:
Originally Posted by Mamush View Post

Quoted for TRUTH.
You quoted... yourself.. for truth? umm good job! *poor guy*

As for the rest of your post, I deleted what you quoted. like.. 2 mins after I made it because I was ranting. You can check the posting time of your post vs the editing time of mine. You were either thinking about that post you just made for 15 minutes, or take a LONG time to type 2 paragraphs.

Either way, that's pretty slow. Pick up the pace man. :laugh:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
i never said he didnt have a life, i asked when he had time for one...
To which I responded

me the awesome said:

to which you responded

...you sit here and do math to try and prove to me you have a life...loser
So you ask a question, you get an intelligent answer, then you call me a loser. Bravo.

Your wit is truly astounding to behold.

"it's obvious your not a TRUE Smash fan if you only played the game for a glitch"

another post:

"haha You dont even know me, but I like how you had to make up stuff just to defend yourself. Seriously there is no such thing as "TRUE" smash [fan]. Only ones oppinion which way they like to play more."

Contradiction much?
Totally and completly owned. You guys can't even debate after that one, Psicle and I have proven you both hypocrits.

Hypocrits by definition make arguments that make no sense, since they contradict themselves.

perhaps you should get your opinions straight, then come fight with the big boys.

So lets recap :

Mamush, you claimed I wasnt a TRUE smash fan because of my opinions

then claimed there was no such thing as a TRUE smash fandom, the very thing you accused me of lacking.

Zaku, you claimed that I ''dont know you or mamush'' and therefore cannot judge you, then proceeded to spew forth judgements about my personal life, my level of ''nerdiness'' based SORRY not on post count, but on time spent online when in reality I leave my computer on quite often.

You're both hypocrits. End of discussion. Leave.

Mamush

Smash Cadet
"I read a couple pages ahead and saw that you practicaly worship wavedashing. So much to the point that you even said you wouldn't play Brawl if it didn't have it. You would just keep playing Melee...

Welp, have fun playing it alone, because it's obvious your not a TRUE Smash fan if you only played the game for a glitch. I dont know about you or anyone else for that matter, but I played Melee because it was fun. I also see myself as a casual gamer who plays games as a hobbie, is pretty good at them, and also has a LIFE. Seriously, stop living in the past when everyone knows whether Brawl has wavedashing or NOT it will be the better game. Melee was rushed in production and in many ways was NOT perfect."

another post:

contradiction much?
haha
Yeah, I said he wasn't a TRUE smash fan if he only played it because of wavedashing. And I stand by that as my oppinion. When I said no such thing as TRUE smash I was refering to there isn't just one way of playing the game.

Could you please think a little as you read, because I noticed you also confused the general idea of zaku and my posts.

Zaku009

Smash Rookie
well firstly, im typin on the wii, seeing as how my coms down its part of the reason i rarely post. oh n my bad i meant to say nub not scrub. as for everything else im just tired of it..theres no point like i said earlier. ive already wasted too much time arguing, when i could be sleeping so yeah. i dont have anything against you or anything, i just disagree with you..alot. obviously my temper made me flame some but anyways...i think im done

edit i was hoping you were too dumb to catch my contradiction XD

Conker1

Smash Ace
I pity you. You hate wavedashing and you're bitter that you never made anything of yourself in the smash scene because you are a scrub who refuses to accept the techniques of the game and instead decides that the pros are all cheep haxors.

Of course id still play melee without wavedashing, if it never had existed I would never have known about it.

Thing is though I probably never would have gotten so good at it without it. I am certain beyond a shadow of a doubt that I could kick your *** 6 ways from sunday in super smash melee, judging by your scrub attitude.

Wavedashing is like .. glue that holds my spacing in place. My smash game is composed of hundreds of small techniques intergrated together to perform smoothly, without wavedashing however I lose many of my mindgames and much of my spacing, making me 500 times worse at the game.

Wavedashing does NOT mean you are pro
Wavedashing is NOT difficult to do
Wavedashing is not something you should spam
Wavedashing is not something you should do for no reason
Wavedashing does not LOOK cool

Wavedashing, however is REALLY useful at high levels of play. And if you can't accept that, trust me Im not the only smasher that would pity you.

You can all **** off by the way. If you posted this crap in melee discussion you would be flamed and ridiculed SOO badly. You're lucky you lurk in the Brawl section, and you're unlucky that I'm around.

Because I won't stop fighting you guys, ever.

I just recently(being a year ago) found out about wavedashing as I haven't been to these boards since before Melee was released. I haven't really played Melee much since 2002. I've never been to the "competitive scene."

I don't give a rats *** how much you and others rely on wavedashing. I play the game for fun with friends and family, I don't play competitively. I'm glad no one I play with wavedashes, most of them don't know any techs at all. Hell, I'm fairly good at Counter-Strike and I don't play competitively..I play for FUN. If someone *****es about the way I play the game, I don't go "STFU NOOB I can 15-0 you!". I just brush em off and keep playing.

Honestly, I didn't care about wavedashing making it into Brawl until I saw you get all defensive and *****y about people calling it a glitch. Which it is, games do have glitches.

But after all this, I really, really hope wavedashing doesn't return. Just so you cry about it.

Epsilonis

Smash Cadet
What the hell? This topic was about how brawl will be controlled, and bam a huge flame fest/the whole quote and retort posts is all I see. O_o

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
well firstly, im typin on the wii, seeing as how my coms down its part of the reason i rarely post. oh n my bad i meant to say nub not scrub. as for everything else im just tired of it..theres no point like i said earlier. ive already wasted too much time arguing, when i could be sleeping so yeah. i dont have anything against you or anything, i just disagree with you..alot. obviously my temper made me flame some but anyways...i think im done

edit i was hoping you were too dumb to catch my contradiction XD
It's all good man. I just -enjoy- arguing to a sometines excessive degree, but I dont get emotionally involved unless someone really starts insulting me personally with stupid insults like slander and stuff.

Was fun and ya haha Ive got a good eye for contradiction..

I gotta hit the hay too. Peace man. \m/

Mamush apparantly still wants more. Well you're all alone now bud :) Just you and me, and I'm still wide awake.

Yeah, I said he wasn't a TRUE smash fan if he only played it because of wavedashing. And I stand by that as my oppinion. When I said no such thing as TRUE smash I was refering to there isn't just one way of playing the game.
oh man Im gonna have fun here. :laugh:

I will start, thusly with the 2nd half of your post.

When I said no such thing as TRUE smash I was refering to there isn't just one way of playing the game.
So you are saying that there is no one correct way to play the game? I would agree with this statement, but expand on it to say that for general amusement among casual players, rules should be whatever the players decide would optomize the gaming experience. Smash is a very customizable game and you should have fun with it.

But, when it comes down to who is better than who, and opinions on the game, I'm sorry but casual gamers have no place in a discussion about a game that since they do not play it at the highest level, they do not understand. This is not true 100% of the time, but I am sick and tired of casual gamers coming in, posting their incredibly wrong opinions ie : wavedashing is a glitch then getting pissed off at me when I tell them they're wrong, then tell me that they play for fun, and that I don't.

So wherein there is no one way to TRULY play the game, my method of playing, which would include the wavedash in brawl, 4 stocks 8 minute time limit, MLG allowed stages would be an acceptable method of play?

By your logic I am 100% correct in stating this. Now we will move on to the 1st half of your post.

Yeah, I said he wasn't a TRUE smash fan if he only played it because of wavedashing. And I stand by that as my oppinion.
Now if we compre the two, the first half clearly contradicts the 2nd. For hypothetical reasons we will assume you are correct in thinking I ONLY PLAY SMASH BECAUSE I CAN SLIDE ALONG THE GROUND WITH AN AIRDODGE (completly, and utterly false)

So, I am not a TRUE smash fan due to my adopted method of play or ''True Smash'' as you have cleverly disguised your wording to attempt a different meaning (which you failed at),

ie : gameplay involving use of the technique of airdodging into the ground to create many versatile strategies, yet there is by the logic of the 2nd half of your post, no such thing as a TRUE smash fan, as all forms of play are acceptable.

psicicle

Smash Ace
"I don't give a rats *** how much you and others rely on wavedashing"

Im sure not many here give a rats *** how much you don't use wavedashing.

Competitive smashers play for fun. Their idea of fun is just different from yours. Maybe you should refrain from trying to shove your scrub ideals down other people's throats.

Mamush

Smash Cadet
Maybe because both statements say TRUE there's confusion? I'll atleast try explaining what I meant.

1st
I said I didn't think you were a fan. Now that's obviously my oppinion and if you are then there's no point in arguing, because then that makes two of us.

2nd
I said there is no such thing as one way of playing the game. When obviously the game has many features. Now whether one way can beat the other in a match is another arguement. Im just saying just because your way can beat another doesn't mean that it's completly better if the other people like their way. It's a matter of taste.

I have no problem with wavedashing and yeah I kinda felt that you just wanted to argue when you started saying you could beat me in smash. XD Although I dont believe I ever said I was better than you in the first place?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I have no problem with wavedashing and yeah I kinda felt that you just wanted to argue when you started saying you could beat me in smash. XD Although I dont believe I ever said I was better than you in the first place?
mamush I appologise for my ''Im better than you'' crap. It was unintelligent and completly uncalled for. You got me there.

However (remember, just for fun) I still find a contradiction. :

Maybe because both statements say TRUE there's confusion? I'll atleast try explaining what I meant.

1st
I said I didn't think you were a fan. Now that's obviously my oppinion and if you are then there's no point in arguing, because then that makes two of us.
You said I wasn't a fan because I would not play SSB Brawl if it lacked wavedashing. Brawl with wavedashing is hypothetically (since the game is unreleased) a different way of playing the game entirely compared to a Brawl that did not include wavedashing.

Therefore, I am not a TRUE fan in your eyes due to my firmness in not wanting to play SSB Brawl without the wavedash involved, which as I just explained is a certain style of play.

2nd
I said there is no such thing as one way of playing the game. When obviously the game has many features. Now whether one way can beat the other in a match is another arguement. Im just saying just because your way can beat another doesn't mean that it's completly better if the other people like their way. It's a matter of taste.
Exactly, so if there is no one TRUE fan, how can you claim that I am not one?

Look, I love smash. It's pretty much my favorite game in the universe, I've loved it since it came out and I play it with friends as often as I can manage around my busy schedual (despite having no life :p) jk, lets not get into the flames again, the past is past.

Most importantly, when I play smash I have that magical feeling... FUN. I really enjoy myself, it relaxes me, it makes me laugh, it puts me in a good mood, and I just generally feel great playing smash with my buddies.

I believe right there, no matter HOW you play, is the true essence of smash. And that in that respect, I am a true smash fan. :)

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
@Dylan Tnga
ur logic is undeniable :) ...Btw maybe u guys should get back to controller discussion and stop arguing

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
@Dylan Tnga
ur logic is undeniable :) ...Btw maybe u guys should get back to controller discussion and stop arguing
Yeah that can happen now, I guess. This was more fun.

I have a habit of sidetracking every thread I post in and arguing.. I LOVE IT! :laugh:

So uh.. controllers... 4 of em. yeah.

its just not the same :(

Mamush

Smash Cadet
Well think of it this way. Brawl comes out and they change my main character's move set. Then I decide not to ever play the game well then what kind of fan would that really make me. The way I see if your a fan of the series then it shouldn't matter what's the same or different in Brawl. You still will go out and buy the game simple because your a fan.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that can happen now, I guess. This was more fun.

I have a habit of sidetracking every thread I post in and arguing.. I LOVE IT! :laugh:

So uh.. controllers... 4 of em. yeah.

its just not the same :(
lol yeah it's not the same....on second thought keep arguing it amuses me:laugh:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Well think of it this way. Brawl comes out and they change my main character's move set. Then I decide not to ever play the game well then what kind of fan would that really make me. The way I see if your a fan of the series then it shouldn't matter what's the same or different in Brawl. You still will go out and buy the game simple because your a fan.
Meh, even if I dont end up playing brawl.. why do I have to? I havent come close to mastering SSB or SSBM yet.. I could spend a lifetime doing so...

why distract myself from 2 smash games I have yet to be the best in the world at (wont happen)

Unrelated to the argument :

About changing movesets. I want that to happen. I want new moves, new characters, new stages, new techniques, new music.

But I see NO point in removing existing techniques, since SSB kept the original techs and expanded on them for Melee I will be very very sadly dissapointed if I see things like wall jumping, wall teching, wavedashing, and airdodging gone.

And no one knows for sure if theyre in or not because bloddy sakurai keeps giving us these updates like ''fox is in the game''

he's in the ****ing trailer you jerk. Tell us what the techs are already, its the most important part of the game, its the flavour.

lol yeah it's not the same....on second thought keep arguing it amuses me
Cant do it on command, but if you want you can just jump into ''who else is nervous about brawl potentially sucking'' the thread and say some scrub stuff, Ill argue with you. :p

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Dylan_Tnga, you are a fool if your sole reason for avoiding Brawl is a lack of wavedashing. Wavedashing allows for some interesting mind games and tricky maneuvers, but there are other techniques far more important that wavedashing. If you don't believe me, watch Japanese players. They virtually never wavedash compared to Americans, but Ken explicitly stated that 10 randomly selected Japanese smashers would defeat 10 randomly selected American smashers.

As for being a "true gamer", you have fun with that. Whether you like it or not, there will be a mass migration from Melee to Brawl. The first wave will go because they are searching for something new. The second wave will follow because they either could not afford Brawl/Wii during the first wave, or they finally sampled it and became converted via the first wave. The third wave will reluctantly follow since all their competition made the transition already. It is a known fact that hardcore gamers make up a very small portion of the gaming population, so you really have no control; your Melee days are numbered unless you finally digress to fighting computer opponents all day long. Isai is essentially the master of the original SSB, but he moved on and became amazing at Melee rather than cleave unto his precious N64. If you are really as good as you say you are, Dylan_Tnga, why are you holding yourself back based on Nintendo not catering to your needs?

--- --- ---

As for the controller discussion, I will definitely use my Gamecube controller. I will eventually invest in a Wavebird for convenience, but generally, I try to avoid having devices that require battery changes. The Wii sort of forced that upon me. While I do welcome the change and the wireless freedom, I made sure to purchase a battery charger and multiple sets of rechargeable batteries. Game failure due to dead batteries is not acceptable with me. :chuckle:

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Not to sound like Dylan's b**** or anything, but he has said many times that he acknowledges other advanced techniques are more important. I guess he just thinks that if one of those important advanced techniques are missing, the game just wouldn't be the same- and I don't disagree.

I'll buy the Brawl either way though- and I think he will too; even if he doesn't play it as much as melee.

P.S.- Buzz, I do totally see where you are going with that though. Since he does consider those techniques just as if not more important, why wouldn't he be saying "If L-Canceling isn't in Brawl, I won't buy it."

My opinion, he does feel the same way about the other techniques, but since Wavedashing is more contraversial, that's the one that he professes his thoughts on most. Not as many people think L-Cancelling and short hopping and fast falling etc. will be taken out as they do wavedashing.

I guess we really just need him to clarify.

Conker1

Smash Ace
"
Im sure not many here give a rats *** how much you don't use wavedashing.

Competitive smashers play for fun. Their idea of fun is just different from yours. Maybe you should refrain from trying to shove your scrub ideals down other people's throats.

If you would've read the rest of my post, you would have seen that I didn't care if wavedashing was in Brawl or not until Dylan started *****ing. I'm not trying to shove anything down anyone's throats, I'm simply just hoping that wavedashing is removed.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I'm simply just hoping that wavedashing is removed.
Why? give me one good reason why. One. If you're whole smash crew as you stated ''doesnt even know techs'' and you play just for fun (Nothing wrong with that. AT ALL) then why do you want techniques taken out of the game that you don't even use? Just to spite me and other smashers? That's a more jerky attitude towards the game than even I have.

My opinion, he does feel the same way about the other techniques, but since Wavedashing is more contraversial, that's the one that he professes his thoughts on most. Not as many people think L-Cancelling and short hopping and fast falling etc. will be taken out as they do wavedashing.

I guess we really just need him to clarify.
Bingo, I've said it a hundred times. Wavedashing is not by a longshot the most important technique in melee, hell if it never existed Id still play.

But without it, I doubt I would ever have spacing which you guys as smashers know to be one of the most crucial skills in melee, as it requires various techniques (walking, dashing, dash dancing, crouch cancelling, wavedancing, wavedashing, pulse walking, wavelanding etc etc) intergrated into one to construct an individual spacing meta game for each individual smasher depending on how he employs various techniques to space with precision and avoid punishment.

So I am grateful to the wavedash for giving me a chance to compete with some of the big boys in canada, despite still being 2-3 stocked by the best players Ive made myself a part of the community and I improve everytime I play smash.

That's all that matters to me, being part of the community, having a bunch of friends that play smash and meet at bi-weeklies to exchange tip and overall just having a great time.

I may never win a tournament, and I honnestly don't even care. I just get a rich sense of satisfaction from something like saying to myself ''Hey, I really did get more acurate at drillshining and nair on shield to shine today. ''

Knowing I improved is a great feeling, im sure many of you feel the same :)

It is a known fact that hardcore gamers make up a very small portion of the gaming population, so you really have no control; your Melee days are numbered unless you finally digress to fighting computer opponents all day long
That's just nonsense. People still meet up to play SSB64

Proof : http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=105868

And they play online.

I doubt I will be THE ONLY PERSON ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH WHO WILL CONTINUE TO PLAY MELEE when brawl comes out.

I have about 4 or 5 friends who dont want to -ever- quit melee, so despite how good brawl may or may not be, I'll still be playing melee.

I love melee, you can quit it. I wont.

_____________________________________-

About controller discussion... (I dont want this little sidetrack thing to destroy the thread entirely)

I need to buy a new GC controller for melee... man when you start playing really high level smash your controllers bust so fast T_T

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I cannot believe Dylan managed to transform another completely unrelated thread into an argument about wavedashing. Can we PLEASE have some mod discipline here? This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

Top Bottom