• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Edmonton Melee Power Ranking (updated: March 2010)

Farguade

Smash Apprentice
And so the marthberta saga is at an end, nice to see more than that blue haired menace up there ;)

Farguade

Smash Apprentice
I'm that one crappy samus player you played before cast 4, we spent the night playing left 4 dead etc etc. Good times :p

Levi5

Smash Ace
If Stu mains bowser then Brad mains Ganondorf. I think we need to establish the definition of a main.

A main is which character(s) a person plays best with in tournament.

I'm not saying I want everyone to be listed as Marth again, but I'd like to bring about that if you say you main Doctor Mario, and cannot actually place better than your other characters in tournament with him, then you do not main Doctor Mario. I'm sorry. I know Brad never heard the end of this with his decided mains being bowser and dk, when plays metaknight 80% of the time. I don't really think that people that aren't Brad should go unnoticed. I also know that Stu doesn't boast about his bowser being his greatest character, but if we're going to strive away from "Marthberta" you might as well start accurately listing mains.

My contributing post for the month

Tyson651

Smash Lord
it really depends on carl though lol.

sometimes he feels like marth or fox or falco depending which one he feels hes "on fire" with or w/e u call it.

he plays all 3 though, just different tourneys and different times lol.

edit: on a side note though, i think levi is 100% correct. someone like stu who basically plays marth all the time in tourneys should be labeled as marth rather than bowser.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Why didn't I see you using Fox/Falco at my tournament then?
because falco dittos are gay and i kept losing to tonys falco with fox

=marth

i use fox vs marth and falco vs fox all the time

edit: i probably would have gone all fox against your puff if i lost round 1 with marth evan

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
why cant i be various lol

i play marth fox falco with the same consistency
There's no icon for various. =P

K, I'll change Stu to Marth. I always though he was like Gimpy and always went Bowser most of the time. My mistake, i'll change it right away.

Levi5

Smash Ace
I wasn't really addressing Carl at all, I don't really agree with Falco as a third main... Carl you play a lot of fox and marth, Falco is pretty rare from what I see, and I watch a lot of your matches.

Oh and Stu's bowser is pretty much money match / friendly exclusive :p

Metà

Smash Master
I played Stu's Bowser in a tournament match once!

...in July 2007 lmao

I lost to Caotic/Magnum team Boozer in doubles, good times =D

@ Carl: no johns! (jk tony is too good vs spacies)

kithkin

Smash Champion
Lol calgary now approves on my marth.

Also, I believe a main should be able to be decided, but he must actually be played in tournament to be a main, thats why I established friendly mains between real mains, cause I only ever play sheik in friendlies if it's teams, or if theres a specific thing I want to do with her.

Tournament mains however, yeah I would agree it's my sheik, I play her because I'm most comfortable with her matchup wise, and have the best chance.

Carl, Various should be counted as a main for someone like you, because you actually use all of them in tournament depending on the situation. I really only use someone like Ganon when I either am sure of myself, my sheik gets wrecked, or some other anti-sheik reason, like hating her.

Levi5

Smash Ace
Brad, you need to realize that you (YOU BRAD, THIS IS YOU I'M TALKING ABOUT) agree to almost every argument you disagree with. You give supporting evidence to why the other person is right, and then you go off on a tangent and say you disagree without giving any reasoning.

No jokes, ask Alex or Joel or Sho or anyone who has ever debated anything with you.

Levi5

Smash Ace
lol I'm not angry, it's almost an inside joke. Everyone who has argued with him has noticed it pretty much, and they later tell me and I tell them that's what everyone thinks. (like any inside joke it's hard to explain :p)

kithkin

Smash Champion
Yeah I caught it Ty-son

And Levi, I like to support the other side so I'm not sounding like such a **** about it =3

Cause you have to admit, I even do that when I'm right. Basically I'm saying I do it to A: Protect myself B: Show both sides (kinda, I do it poorly)

FalseFalco

Smash Master
you dont show both sides in an argument

unless your position is neutral

(has never happened with you brad lol)

kithkin

Smash Champion
Thats not true

I'm usually neutral!

But only because I really don't care, Argueing just happens to be something I always do, it's like in my blood or something.

Actually even then, you just never think I'm neutral.

Carl you TURD!

Top Bottom