• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Edmonton Melee Power Ranking (updated: March 2010)

kithkin

Smash Champion
Victor I have Animal Crossing. ****ty Folk rite? It's no different than any other Animal Crossing...

Goodnight Brock, Goodnight Misty, Goodnight Pikachu.

(If you get ^that then you must refer to it and think R.Kelly, MIRITE?)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Which is a good thing. They ****ed it up with Wild World. Im glad its like gc but with online.

Brad, lets play =D

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Anyone gonna be in Grande Prairie??

*looks around*

:(
LOLOL.

I can hook you up brother. There are a few guys up there.

@Tyson. Maybe. We dont have many tourneys so updating after the few tourneys we have may be the best approach.

If thats the case, brandon should get a spot up there. Tyson up maybe, same with Luke. Methinks anyways.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i think the only key things is victor and luke did good (despite levi sandbagging against victor lololsoisoi) and luke beating sid :o

and also dan displayed good stuff. he should be up into god tier now i thinks.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Only thing that will change is if someone actually really shows they should.

AKA let's say Sid beasts through Levi and Carl, maybe we should move him up a spot. But you have to consider most of the list isn't there. Don't do anything stupid, besides all things must be considered before you make any moves.

and Vic, we'll play, but Wild World was better, because Wild World was normal, nothing special, same as EVERY crossing, no exception. City Folk is the worst IMO because of the terrible controll system, so inprescise.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i like cf. Unlike ww, you get your own house. Cf has everything ww had but brought back some stuff from gc that shouldn't haven't have been removed in the first place. The controls are messed but thats only because of the wii's control system in general. Its a casual game, so although the changes are small, i'm glad. I would much rather play an online version of gc than ww >.<

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Wild World > GC one > Wii one

Animal Crossing is fun, it just gets super boring after a while. =[
If ww is your favorite, its understandable how it can get boring.

I donno. I always loved ac. At one point, way back in the day, sean and I played ac almost exclusively. More so than melee. xD Its just a cute and curious game.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Vic, if I'm gonna get pushed up on the rankings, keep me on the bottom for now at least. XD; One little mini-tourney despite the players (EPIC!) doesn't merit anything more.

For now. Mwaha. :p

kithkin

Smash Champion
lol it just flops around on the table.

oh and Animal Crossing is the same **** game every time, I understand how it can be fun, but it's a time waster, not really a game game. It's only anything more than mindless tasks if you are really over obessive about collecting things, and in that case you're either entranced by the game endlessly even after the later sequels come out with the same exact game, or you just change the clock and cheat it for about a month, get everything of value, and pretty much beat the game that not's ever meant to be beat.

Thats animal crossing in a nutshell. I find it kinda fun, but nothing special in the slightest.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Why the hell are there even power rankings?

It just gives people more of a reason to take this game seriously, and I'm tired of it.

These rankings are bull**** btw.

Levi5

Smash Ace
lol it just flops around on the table.

oh and Animal Crossing is the same **** game every time, I understand how it can be fun, but it's a time waster, not really a game game. It's only anything more than mindless tasks if you are really over obessive about collecting things, and in that case you're either entranced by the game endlessly even after the later sequels come out with the same exact game, or you just change the clock and cheat it for about a month, get everything of value, and pretty much beat the game that not's ever meant to be beat.

Thats animal crossing in a nutshell. I find it kinda fun, but nothing special in the slightest.
t l;dr

FastFox

BRoomer
I'm just sick of everyone treating this game like it's ****ing gold, especially since the power rankings are based solely on tournament placings. Let's say I lose to Victor in the tournament, then we play friendlies and I kick his *** every single time. What, then, justifies the position of myself and Victor on the PR?

To be honest, I've been playing again competitively for three months. I shouldn't even BE on these rankings, as I've not played any of the people that are above me since I've even returned to Edmonton. As far as Calgary goes, Levi left Sho and I out of tons of get togethers. Why is beyond me, but that was bull****, Levi. Complete and utter bull****. I don't know if it's because you don't like to be beaten or if it's because you just "neglect" to mention you're having a get together. Even when you do say something you either cancel at the last minute or say there's too many people over already. That's a HUGE issue, especially because when one was going on I would be notified at least 3 days in advance, which was good, then when I'd call to see what was going on, it would be like, "Oh, sorry, there's already too many people over you and Sho can't come." I didn't say anything about it until now, but that REALLY pissed me off. If you really wanted to earn your position on the power rankings, you should have played with me as much as possible, as well as Sho. You wonder why I hung up on you, Levi? It's because I was tired of your lame *** laziness and excuses.

Thanks for making Calgary smash bull****.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I can't really comment on the Calgary part, but the PR is kind of neat. Isn't it more just of an interest thing? And so people feel like they belong more strongly to the community? I also dissagree with the PR based only on tournament placing. Pools or no pools, seeded or not seeded, some times tournaments don't do justice to how good a player actually is, and some times it makes a player look better then they are. But we've been down this road, so no need to bring it up again >.>

FastFox

BRoomer
I can't really comment on the Calgary part, but the PR is kind of neat. Isn't it more just of an interest thing? And so people feel like they belong more strongly to the community? I also dissagree with the PR based only on tournament placing. Pools or no pools, seeded or not seeded, some times tournaments don't do justice to how good a player actually is, and some times it makes a player look better then they are. But we've been down this road, so no need to bring it up again >.>
The PR has nothing to do with people feeling like they belong to a community. The Alberta thread pretty much takes care of that. Who on the power rankings doesn't post there?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well there are a few who just don't post period, or at least not that often. Plus this isn't really a standard PR. It includes everyone on it, so everyone can compare themselves (at least realitively accurately) to everybody else in the AB community. It's really not that bad of a system.

Levi5

Smash Ace
uhhhh..... thanks Joel? I can't don't like to run Calgary smash on my own, and a lot of people expect me to. Don't tell me how I should and should not do things, I've been hosting for Calgary for 3 years and I contributed immensely to the smash scene. You only saw about 4 months of it, I never meant to burn you.

if you dont like tourneys: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=110112

FastFox

BRoomer
uhhhh..... Thanks Joel? I can't run Calgary smash on my own, and a lot of people expect me to. kthx
Levi, I don't know how many times I've tried to have you over at my place. Having to "run calgary smash" has nothing to do with it. When there were get togethers, we weren't invited. Why? Seriously. Why weren't we there after being notified days in advance that it was happening, only to find out that there are "too many people". If I had wanted to I could have run calgary smash from my place, but I decided to save you guys the pain of being around my room mate.

Nobody expects you to "run" Calgary smash, but they expect you to follow through with plans you make and they expect you to have some ****ing dignity and not disclude people based on personal gain, or lackthereof.

Levi5

Smash Ace
The only canceling I remember is,

1. When you were trying to invite Riley and Sho over, There was alcohol involved. Riley's only 15, I don't care if he wasn't going to be drinking. I don't want him exposed to it when he didn't have to be.

2. December 20-th ish. When Gary was back in Calgary, Jeremy was out of school and you were going away. I was going to host but then everyone canceled on me but you guys, so I canceled...

3. You randomly called me up and asked me to host for you, after I had just cleaned my house from all the other smash things that had previously happened and hadn't been cleaned. You asked a day before you expected it and I said "I'll ask my parents" and you said k cool or w/e. So when I tell you I can't host for you, you hang up on me. Thanks Joel

Frio

Smash Champion
Well there are a few who just don't post period, or at least not that often. Plus this isn't really a standard PR. It includes everyone on it, so everyone can compare themselves (at least realitively accurately) to everybody else in the AB community. It's really not that bad of a system.
That's true I barely post at all

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Yikes. You don't want no drama. No no no drama drama.

Basically, wtf is this blame game **** doing in this thread? Uncalled for, and if you feel differently then PM. It's perfectly reasonable to openly disagree with whatever you think this thread stands for, but don't bring personal issues here.

I agree with Luke; this PR is just for interests sake. I don't go to whatever tourney and think "I HAVE TO GET ABOVE TYSON ON PRRRR," and I'm sure that not many people do. It's just for fun. Competitive play is fun! I don't see how it could be such an issue.

If being off the PR would make you happy, then sure.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
@2Fast2FuriousFox: We dont have a lot of tourneys, so our PR will most likely be forever inaccurate. If you don't want to be on, I can remove you. Like the others mentioned, its for the sake of interest. Try to keep the personal problems personal. <3

Top Bottom