• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The easiest character to get good at.

Puffin

Smash Apprentice
every character has the same potential just with kirby it's harder. but if you master kirby like cereal rabbit for example it proves you're awesome
No, not every character has the same potential. That's pretty much the idealistic stuff that character fanboys say to make themselves feel good. I'm sorry, but the truth is, Kirby CANNOT be played on the same level as a good Fox. No matter how much you train, the game will not decide to give Kirby better priority, speed, and strength. Kirby is bad.

yuki

Smash Apprentice
With enough training you really don't need the speed and the priority Kirby has good points too... But let's not turn this thread into a discussion wether Kirby is good or not ok?

villa

Smash Rookie
Ok thanks for the help guys. As I said earlier, I am sorta willing to learn l-canceling, wavedashing and shffling, simply because my friends are picking that stuff up as well!

So in that case, is Sheik still good for me, or perhaps would Falco or Marth (or maybe even Peach!) be better?

Thanks.

Miharu

Smash Hero
That's because of his lightweight status.

Don't listen to them, when mastered Kirby is a hellovalot greater then the likes of many.
If you don't know what you're talking about, don't bother saying anything.

every character has the same potential just with kirby it's harder. but if you master kirby like cereal rabbit for example it proves you're awesome
Who the **** is cereal rabbit? Again, don't spread the ignorance.

is kirby a bad character?? just wondering because i play with kirby and everyone says its a bad character..??
Yes, he's bad; he's horrible, and there's no denying it.

At the highest levels of play, it seems that Fox is now the easiest to pick up and play. Everyone has a half-decent Fox these days. At lower levels, it'd probably be Falco/Sheik/Peach.

Dragmire

Smash Lord
No, not every character has the same potential. That's pretty much the idealistic stuff that character fanboys say to make themselves feel good. I'm sorry, but the truth is, Kirby CANNOT be played on the same level as a good Fox. No matter how much you train, the game will not decide to give Kirby better priority, speed, and strength. Kirby is bad.
I was trying to make him feel better but cereal rabbit is awesome

Corigames

Smash Hero
Do you own a copy of Smash, an official GC controller, and are playing a a TV with little or no lag?

If these are all true, then you have a Pro Shiek.

D

Deleted member

Shiek is by FAR the easiest character to pick up if you're not in a competitive setting (by competitive I mean tournament level)... just learn basic combos and you're ready to **** some newbs...

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
sheik..

and marth.
I agree with these two. Marth and Shiek.

All the reasons are listed in above posts.

Marth's range is godly, average fall speed, Above average DI strength.
Shiek is to SSBM as Mario is to Mario Kart. (Mostly Overall Balanced)

Linguini

Smash Master
All characters are equally hard to get good with, it's not your character that holds the power to win, it's the level of your mind. As you get better you will find that all the characters will become easier to play, choose one for now and switch later.

Fletch

Smash Master
Obviously you have never played people like Timmy and krazykirbykid... Kirby is way underestimated IMO.
Oh yeah easiest character IMO is mario
Mario is the easiest
Mario is the easiest character 2 get good character.
Is this some kind of joke? I really don't get where you are pulling this from... Maybe if you were saying Doc, I'd somewhat understand, but playing a good Mario is very difficult, you have to be very fast with his u-air SHFFLs and work your *** off to get kills. Mario is not an easy character to pick up by any means, at least not in comparison to a lot of other characters.

And what Linguini said is pretty true, once you get good with one characters, you'll find yourself loads better at playing the others... just takes a lot of time, that's all. And to keep this on topic, I still recommend Sheik for the easiest to get "somewhat" good at.

Fletch

Smash Master
I think I also suggested Mario lol (and Doc)

idk, Mario's a pretty simple character to play imo
Well 56k, you're clearly wrong ;)

Maybe it's just me, but I think Mario requires a lot of DI-reading and fast hands, as he is a character that really relies on fast combos and creative kills... Maybe I just suck at Mario, but I really don't see how that could since I play Doc quite a bit. Maybe it's just me?

Luigi_Lova62

Smash Journeyman

Maybe it's just me, but I think Mario requires a lot of DI-reading and fast hands, as he is a character that really relies on fast combos and creative kills... Maybe I just suck at Mario, but I really don't see how that could since I play Doc quite a bit. Maybe it's just me?
I guess it's just u fletch71011.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman

Mario is easy to become good with, not become an insane pro that wins tournys on a regular basis. That takes lots of time of practice and training with whatever character you main. Without looking at all the technical stuff, Mario is a well-rounded-average-kind-of-guy-that-wears-overalls-and-shoots-fire. :)

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol I play Mario and Doc, I picked up Mario faster than I've ever picked up any character. I prefer Doc though because he's more effective.

rofl @ clearly wrong

Kips

Smash Ace
I actually picked up G&W fairly quickly, despite allegations of him being a low tier weak-*** crap character. Once you get past the randomness of his moves and you learn how to cope with his crappy defenses you'll fin d that he has many strong killers, is deadly in the air with fast attacks and can do the easiest launcher ever- CC into D-Tilt.

GLCH

Smash Apprentice
Marth is the easiest n00b character in the game... Fsmash.. sex.. Fair.. That's pretty much it.. There shouldn't really be a discussion..

Dragmire

Smash Lord
All characters are equally hard to get good with, it's not your character that holds the power to win, it's the level of your mind. As you get better you will find that all the characters will become easier to play, choose one for now and switch later.
now that's what I said but everyone flames me

Puffin

Smash Apprentice
now that's what I said but everyone flames me
That's because you're both wrong. Sorry, but it's true. Although picking a good character won't make you a good player, you really can't become great with the likes of Kirby.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
this thread went from bad to worse. most of your reasons arent valid and they can all be countered.
watch:

sheik: easy to play yes, but the hardest character to go pro with because there's so much u have to learn about the game in general

marth: same as sheik

Mario: are u serious?

Doc: worse recovery in the game. and pill spamming doesnt work as godly as some of you ppl think. plus.. are you serious?

Kirby: no.... however kirbys moveset is pretty good (tilts/air attacks)

Dragmire/Linguinis theory: actually the truest thing posted in this thread. if you have the desire to, you can get good with whoever you want. there are pro/sem-pro level players with every character in the game. however, once you get to that level, it gets really hard for most of the character matchups. also, if you start a topic like this, you obviously dont have that drive to get good with someone you want to and are just looking for a quick win. that mentallity will get you destroyed in tournament and in general

The Star King

Smash Hero
Fox is one of the most effective characters once u master him, but it is hard to do so. You need extraordinary quick fingers, quick reflexes, and quick thinking. Shiek combos are very easy to pull off, and marth is easy to use cuz of his range. And jiggs is really easy to use IMO.

House M.D.

Smash Apprentice
i generally agree with linguini, but perhaps more practical advice is to just play whoever you're comfortable with. of course not every character has the potential to be really good, but becoming really good with one character makes becoming good with other characters much easier (this is why the best players are so good with everyone; the skills transfer). so play with whoever you find fun/interesting to play.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
i generally agree with linguini, but perhaps more practical advice is to just play whoever you're comfortable with. of course not every character has the potential to be really good, but becoming really good with one character makes becoming good with other characters much easier (this is why the best players are so good with everyone; the skills transfer). so play with whoever you find fun/interesting to play.
u live in new haven? play me
This question is easy, Mario. He is the most balanced character in the game. He packs decent range, shffl ability, wavedash, power, speed, good projectile, etc. You should all know that.

Do not forget we are talking about NOOB friendly. . .
these boards have taught me there is no such thing as "noob friendly"

also, play me. i missed u at esticle

yuki

Smash Apprentice
This question is easy, Mario. He is the most balanced character in the game. He packs decent range, shffl ability, wavedash, power, speed, good projectile, etc. You should all know that.

Do not forget we are talking about NOOB friendly. . .
My point exactly. Mario's aerial forward is also probably one of the most useful moves. And he has easy KO's with the cape.

Top Bottom