• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The easiest character to get good at.

villa

Smash Rookie
Hi, I would like to know which of the PAL top tier characters are easiest to get like: good at without requiring ALOT of advanced techniques and practice.

The PAL top tier are:
Fox
Falco
Marth
Peach
Sheik

I've been playing for about a year now, but I feel like my game has stopped getting better. I can sort of play Marth and Sheik, although they're definitely not high quality. All the other characters I can play pretty well. =)

Basically, I just kinda want to get super good at one or two characters to impress randoms. Which one should I choose to train at judging by my lazy criteria?

Thanks. =)

villa

Smash Rookie
Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

Are you sure though? Because I have heard that recommendation before and I started playing sheik for a year, but it's just not that good! Perhaps there is something that I'm doing wrong? What advanced techniques are vital for her? (I can't do any)

Oh and also, in that case, what are the second and third '''easiest to get the best results''' characters? Thanks.

orintemple

Smash Lord
To really be good at the game you need to be able to do all advanced techniques. All techniques are needed for Shiek to be a high level player but if you are playing with people who don't know any advanced techniques then Shiek is great cause she is extremely overpowered in the advanced techniqueless game.

Another character who is great for newer players is Marth, cause his range is disgusting and he is quick.

Just stay away from characters like CF, Jiggs, and Peach if you don't want to take the time to get good cause they are very hard to get used to quickly IMO.

Zero_P

Smash Ace
Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

Are you sure though? Because I have heard that recommendation before and I started playing sheik for a year, but it's just not that good! Perhaps there is something that I'm doing wrong? What advanced techniques are vital for her? (I can't do any)

Oh and also, in that case, what are the second and third '''easiest to get the best results''' characters? Thanks.
Here's a combo so ******** that it has to work.

Dash attack x4 -> Fair

villa

Smash Rookie
Hmm thanks.
I play with people who don't use any advanced techs, BUT are going to learn over these holidays. =)

I know of:
shffl
lcancel
wavedashing
edgehogging

Actually, could you guys tell me which advanced techniques are out there that are necessary, and rank them in importance?

Thanks.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Hmm thanks.
I play with people who don't use any advanced techs, BUT are going to learn over these holidays. =)

I know of:
shffl
lcancel
wavedashing
edgehogging

Actually, could you guys tell me which advanced techniques are out there that are necessary, and rank them in importance?

Thanks.
In the end they are all necessary but there is an order in what you should learn first I guess. I'd go with this, this isn't the way I did it but it's what I recommend.

Lcancel- This is the most important. Every move you EVER DO should be Lcanceled. There is no excuse not to. It also gives you the largest speed boost of any technique.

Shuffl-Lcanceling is part of shuffling. Being able to short hop and fast fall is hardly(it is pretty basic) an advanced technique but it is great for quick attacks and approaching.

Wavedashing- This is very important for some characters and less for others. High tier characters generally need to use this the most often as it is used for mant occasions. Lower tiers generally don;t tend to do it as much because they are either slow, or just have a very small wavedash with very little uses.

Edgehogging- This isn't really advanced. It is very simple to edgehog. It should just be done when someone is going to hit the edge. Just make sure not to be hit by their recovery when your there.

floofy

Smash Cadet
i personally think marth is the easiest to get good at.
i suck and hes the only character than can win 1v2s against level 8 computers on a decent frequency (whitout abusing them). i bet it would be the same to 1v2 noobs

but it obviously depends on what you mean by "good"

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Jiggly Puff. You don't really need to wavedash at all. All you need to do is jump around and use your aerial attacks. Or down throw ~> Uair ~>Rest.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
How good is "good"? By my definition, there's no character that it's easy to get good with. I thought I was good until I got 3-stocked twice the first time I played against someone who actually has a name in the Smash community. (Wobbles the Phoenix, if anybody's curious. And he didn't wobble; he was using Fox, not IC's.)

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Sheik and Marth. I started with Marth, and even though I didn't end up using him, it got me off on the right track. By the way, SHFFL is more important than wavedash imo, but BOTH are absolutely great. I'd go step by step with the SHFFL instead of trying to tackle it all at once, though (learn short hop first, then maybe L-Cancel, then work on timing your fast fall).

orintemple

Smash Lord
i personally think marth is the easiest to get good at.
i suck and hes the only character than can win 1v2s against level 8 computers on a decent frequency (whitout abusing them). i bet it would be the same to 1v2 noobs

but it obviously depends on what you mean by "good"
We are talking about human players not computers. While I don't really want to crush your personal achievements playing against computers doesn't really mean much in terms of skill.

villa

Smash Rookie
Ok thanks guys!

When I say good, it's hard to define but think of it this way...

I don't want to be able to beat those with 'names' in the Smash Comm
I want to be able to beat randoms no sweat
But I also want to be able to beat my friends, who are good as in they know a little advanced techs and are better than average. They know how to handle themselves in fights basically (know about tilts, combos etc., even if they can't wavedash.)

So I guess the general consensus is

Sheik
Marth
Falco

in that order? What about fox, peach?

Pritch

Smash Lord
I think that the whole shiek is the easiest thing is outdated. I think at higher levels of play marth is FAR easier to use than sheik. Now, if it's noob vs noob then sheik definitely (or peach). But with good (read: tournament caliber) players, marth is the easiest to do well with imo.

AJL911

Smash Rookie
All characters require practice. I use: Mewtwo & Falco. Took me a few months to pwn with them. But...Shiek would probably be easiest..

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
for my oppinion, sheik is one of the easiest characters to use, and if you want to be good with a character soon, that would be sheik, but just technicly good, what do i mean by saying that?

What i mean is that, u can get good with a character just by he`s techniques and advance techniques, but u wont get better just concentrating on this, what really really matters in this game is learn to learn different things like mindgaming, teching in the right moment, and a LOT of different things, thats why u wont be the best just by using a character, or u would not be good just because u can learn to make the techniques fast...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Ganondorf, Doctor Mario

simple fighting styles, limited approach options.

EDIT: Wait, you're in PAL so Ganon's weaker. So I'd just suggest Doctor Mario.

Top Bottom