• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dutch thread!

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think a european power ranking might be of interest. We'll have to wait until the mods decide to split the international room so that we Europeans get our own part.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Nederlandse Power Rankings zouden we best kunnen doen.
Met een discussie hier in de Dutch Thread.

De top spelers, denk ik?
Nihonjin, Dave, Remen, Marc, Ivo, NNja, Utto, Goat, Johnnyboy, Faab, Zeta, hoe ver willen we gaan? Top 20? ^^

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Marc - No, seeing as we're prolly going to be stuck with this game for another year, and if we're not, we could just continue doing a ranking for brawl =)

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Helios: That's true, although what I meant was more like 'we've been playing this game for over FOUR YEARS, why make rankings NOW!?'. Anyway, who is willing to organise this? Who should be organising this?

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I'm the one who's responsible for organizing the European Power Rankings.
I've already made preparations, but with the boards all mixed up I'm not starting anything.
We can start a dutch Power rankings thread thouh if you guys want one?

Every competitive game/sport has some sort of ranking, why shouldn't we?
Sure we've been playing this game for over four years now, but that just means we're four years to late with this thread.
I say go for it.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I wouldn't worry too much until we've got the European room sorted. Then we'll get at least another mod, and our own power ranking.

I believe there should be a panel of well known and respected players who can all give their opinion and support it with results or other indications as to why they are correct. Then we have a voting of some sort, I guess.

Kragen

Smash Ace
so what, it was also black night or jewel blue, on other words, ugly.
I like multiple colours.

22 frets, if you mean that with "trem" :p
It's my first, so I don't know all the jargon

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think a european power ranking might be of interest. We'll have to wait until the mods decide to split the international room so that we Europeans get our own part.
Yes, I second that. A European Power Ranking would be a smart idea, if you ask me. Why would it be too late? It would also clear things up for those who always wondered who Europe's top players are.

I agree on the voting. Personally I think only people who are knowledgeable in terms of being able to make a smart and well thought-out determination of how good the top players are in comparison to each other should have the right to contribute (possibly by vote, as stated). People who have a good view of the top players and have played them. People as Nihonjin, Helios, Dave and Marc should be able to do that in my opinion. Even the good-but-not-top-yet players like BF, Ryuker and me should be able to contribute to the Rankings, as we've also played a lot of Europeans, and are good enough to make our own respected opinions about it.

America has Power Ranking. Europe deserves one too.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
geek squad, rather :p

Anyway, really looking forward to a power ranking. As coen is saying, well respected players with good insight of the community should be allowed to vote. It is important that we split things up between countries aswell. I can't really see Holland having more than 3 panelists tho :p

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
If you're making European rankings, Holland should provide at least 30% of the panelists, Holland and Sweden and maybe France are the only countries that really have a pro smash scene.

However national rankings would - still - be awesomeness etc.

I call voting! ^^

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Ach, nu kun je teminste die 'Squad' in je naam een beetje normaal photoshoppen xD.

Wel grappig trouwens hoeveel verschil er zit tussen een Japans hoesje een Engels hoesje.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Eerdmans is ook een goede inderdaad, maar hem ken ik (helaas) veel slechter dan Pastors.

Een paar mooie quotes om de twijfelaars nog over de streep te trekken:
"Zoek je werk, loop een Pool achterna"
"Als je links de sloot in rijdt, moet je er rechts weer uit"
"Je hebt geen uitkering nodig, maar een wekker"
Alledrie staan op naam van de heer Pastors.;)

Top Bottom