• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The dreaded ledge..........(NEW TECH!!)

Tenki

Smash Hero
I didn't read this thread but

I stagespiked a recovering Marth.

...with Falcon's ledge attack.

I forgot which ledge attack it was, but man, that thing has a weird hitbox.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
It may or may not be easier for some people, but you can nudge the stick a very small amount instead of flicking it (for letting go of the ledge) to do the reverse technique.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
It may or may not be easier for some people, but you can nudge the stick a very small amount instead of flicking it (for letting go of the ledge) to do the reverse technique.
this tech seperates the men from boys

those willing to pull this off are the real men who can handle Falcon

Wogrim

Smash Lord
this tech seperates the men from boys

those willing to pull this off are the real men who can handle Falcon
I'd say I'm pretty good at it, but if I don't make sure to concentrate on the quick flick I suicide, so I'm afraid to try it in a match. There are very few situations in which to use it anyways (pretty much just edgehogging and they up-B onto the stage).

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
This move is soooooo much better than a spike for characters that have upB moves such that they can't attack after doing them (in other words, not Sonic, G&W, etc.) It's sooo beastly, you ledgehog, and your opponent might still make it to the ledge because... well, this is Brawl, not Melee. So you jump and hit that Falcon Punch.

It works VERY consistently if you know how to do it. All you have to do is get your opponent below the stage, know when they HAVE to use their upB so that you can take advantage of your invincibility frames and not get stage spiked, and ledgehop Falcon Punch for the win. Once you know how to do it, the hardest part will be the set up (getting opponent to recover while their below the ledge).

I can't wait to see this one pulled off in a tournament video.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
"forsaken rdo you have the real video of the ecovery"not metroids
and with wiimote use c instead of y
nevermind i found the video

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
If your opponent lands close to the edge, you can also do a single reverse paunch so you end up paunching them away from the stage. It kills better, but it's harder and they need to be closer. :bee:

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
Haha! I tried it and it will even work against CPUs! Those dodgy-little-****ers.
Ugh....I forever vow to stop playing CPU's. I usually win by a huge margin against one of my friends (he follows the game competitively but just isn't very good). He mains diddy/lucario.

After playing CPU's for a whole week (a lot of the people i friendly with went back to college, while I'm stuck with community college this semester)....I mean, the CPU's are so predictable, and I guess they force a TON of bad habits. Because the next time I played my friends scrubby lucario, I lost. like....I got *****. And he was like "dude...you've gotten worse."

I don't think anyone should ever play level 9 CPU's.
Don't do it. It's detrimental to your game.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
Ugh....I forever vow to stop playing CPU's. I usually win by a huge margin against one of my friends (he follows the game competitively but just isn't very good). He mains diddy/lucario.

After playing CPU's for a whole week (a lot of the people i friendly with went back to college, while I'm stuck with community college this semester)....I mean, the CPU's are so predictable, and I guess they force a TON of bad habits. Because the next time I played my friends scrubby lucario, I lost. like....I got *****. And he was like "dude...you've gotten worse."

I don't think anyone should ever play level 9 CPU's.
Don't do it. It's detrimental to your game.
yeah cpus suck,online FTW

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Sorry for bumping this if is hasn't already been but what is the purpose of this tech? Since the animation still lasts on the stage how can it be deemed effective? Any idiot would not fall for it as a mindgame, right? Help :embarrass

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Sorry for bumping this if is hasn't already been but what is the purpose of this tech? Since the animation still lasts on the stage how can it be deemed effective? Any idiot would not fall for it as a mindgame, right? Help :embarrass
Any idiot could have asked this question in the QandA.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Any idiot could have asked this question in the QandA.
So you're implying that he's not an idiot because he bumped an old thread? Sneaky.

Hdrevolution, it's just another way of deterring edgeguarding. If you don't think it will work, don't use it- or try it in friendlies first and find situations where it may work in a real game.

Player-3

Smash Hero
are you kidding me
this is a 100% guarenteed hit
thats why falcon is SSS tier

stupid noobs

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Well, people already bumped this so I might as well pitch in.

This tech isn't very useful, but I have tricked a few people with it and gotten a low % KO.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
absolutely no one person thinks that this is actually legit....... helmet, you just contributed to the general consensus when this was discovered.

please, no replies unless it's actually something other than an "opinion"

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
situational, and gutsy, a good variant on conventional use.

Top Bottom