• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the domain of the originals

in all honesty... that house cant support a tournament you all want. It's got a lot of space, yes.... but everything is too spread out and it would be very hard to run and organize. the last amount of people was pushing it I think. There were like 6 or 7 TVs... and I can only see getting like... 1 more to fit in without chairs being pinned against each other.

Lightningmage

Smash Journeyman
Oh **** I'll be coming. No spending the night prior, sadly. Probably catch a ride with Pac since I doubt my fiancee will be able to get off for this. Can't wait. Definitely going to try to play a lot more this time, as it will probably be my last tournament before Brawl (Unless I decide to revive my Autumnal Equinox tournament this year.) Zelda/Pikachu 4tw

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Roy vs ness is actually pretty hard. And yeah, he is definitely not a roy player.
****...I figured it'd be pretty hard...I mean aside spacing issues and the likelihood that Roy can uair-juggle Ness across the stage [maybe end with fsmash? don't know much about Roy], getting Ness's bair countered hurts :'(
can't wait to learn the matchup against someone who knows what they're doing with Roy! I'll probably get ***** early on though ><

vZakat

Half Genie
This is a better version of that fight. I've played that ness numerous times. I usually lose. My Roy is more technically sound than queen's but his is smarter. He's as smarter player than me in general though. He lost that set too.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
in all honesty... that house cant support a tournament you all want. It's got a lot of space, yes.... but everything is too spread out and it would be very hard to run and organize. the last amount of people was pushing it I think. There were like 6 or 7 TVs... and I can only see getting like... 1 more to fit in without chairs being pinned against each other.
I'm gonna have to disagree with you.

2_Percent

Smash Ace
i agree with twig on that matter.
you are hoping for a turnout of 70 people..when at the last one the turnout was only 35 people or so and it was kinda full. so to double that would be pushing it.

but either way i'll still be going, i'm just sayin

Malk

Smash Champion
We are going to push the limit of that house until it breaks and then we are going to spill into the street with our smash juices pouring down the roads into etc

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
This is a better version of that fight. I've played that ness numerous times. I usually lose. My Roy is more technically sound than queen's but his is smarter. He's as smarter player than me in general though. He lost that set too.
sweet, I've seen this match but never studied it for the matchup, just watched to see AngryLobster goodness ^_^ I'll see what I can do to give you guys some good matches!

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
Roy vs ness is actually pretty hard. And yeah, he is definitely not a roy player.
I suck against Ness. But maybe that's because the only one I've really played has been Ali's. :laugh:

BUT STILL.

Yar, toasty, I hear ya. I hope I'm as good or better than most Roys you've played, but I'm female, so don't get your hopes up! HAR HAR, sexist jokez, lolol

Really, I'll probably be no challenge, but I'm always looking to broaden my horizons and learn better about my lesser played match-ups.

Also, OMG, 70 people? In a house...? I've never been there, but that sounds like a *****-load, haha.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you.
Ok... but WHO are you? And why do you disagree?

if there is a setup in the garage it would be even more spread around than it was last time. If this is going to be done, I think maybe things should be set more around the ground and 2nd floor.

edit to fix my mis-read on the garage thing.

The_Brownguy

Smash Ace
While i was taking a dump i just realized that i need to add more people to the list of people who are *******. CHECK IT OUT

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
sc smashers?? i didnt know they had any except yay and he is rly nc.

Also i think im calling out of work that saturday im not missing this. twig you ready son?!

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Twig man we can do it. We will just have to be super organized and I think it'll be great. With all the space in the garage I don't see a problem with 70 people there at all. The only thing is gonna be that we have to set this up right and again be organized. We learned alot from the last one and I believe in this house!

South Carolina smashers get a bad rap man. I have liked everyone of them that I have met. so basically if they are on the list of Brown_guy then so am I son! I will stick up for my fellow carolinians! **** Yeah!

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
We are going to push the limit of that house until it breaks and then we are going to spill into the street with our smash juices pouring down the roads into etc
urinating and defecating the streets.

RIGHT ON!

vZakat

Half Genie
Yar, toasty, I hear ya. I hope I'm as good or better than most Roys you've played, but I'm female, so don't get your hopes up! HAR HAR, sexist jokez, lolol
I'll be willing to teach you all I know about roy. And I've never met a female smasher before. At least not any that actually knew anything about the game :laugh: .

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
oh snap, if we have time: teach me some about Roy, I'm tryin to pick him up...basically, I watched Neo play at ChuDatz a couple months ago [got one match on film that I might put up on YouTube] and was like @_@ . it was pretty inspiring. Just never got around to actually using the dude....................this should be humorous.

KARN: I need to play your Marth again!!! you play a slightly different Marth than a lot of the SoVA guys and I definitely picked up a few things in the match or two that we had as far as Ness Vs. Marth goes [gahhhhh I was soooo close!]

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
Greenville, SC (summer) West Chester, PA (school)
South Carolina smashers get a bad rap man. I have liked everyone of them that I have met. so basically if they are on the list of Brown_guy then so am I son! I will stick up for my fellow carolinians! **** Yeah!
Represent son. I'll be coming to this with yayuhz and probably one or two more other kids from SC. Either way we are going to come and have fun and to be in your house eatin your foodz.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
******* are we? Yeah YAY is basically NC and I am basically GA.

Hey brownguy, 20 dollar mm 2/3 tourney rules?

Wouldn't want you backing out on a challenge from a ***** now would we.

Also, PAC is awesome. Nuff said.

lord karn

Smash Master
oh snap, if we have time: teach me some about Roy, I'm tryin to pick him up...basically, I watched Neo play at ChuDatz a couple months ago [got one match on film that I might put up on YouTube] and was like @_@ . it was pretty inspiring. Just never got around to actually using the dude....................this should be humorous.

KARN: I need to play your Marth again!!! you play a slightly different Marth than a lot of the SoVA guys and I definitely picked up a few things in the match or two that we had as far as Ness Vs. Marth goes [gahhhhh I was soooo close!]

Well, I'm still getting better so you should keep on learning from my Marth.

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
I'll be willing to teach you all I know about roy. And I've never met a female smasher before. At least not any that actually knew anything about the game :laugh: .
Haha, I really appreciate it! My mindgames (SON!) aren't really that great... 'least not anymore, I do the same crap over and over, I gotta learn to mix it up every now and then. Technically, I know a LOT about Roy, I just can't really apply it that well in actual matches, and ****ed if I'll go to the Roy forum, I RESPECT myself xD

I hear that. I've only met a handful myself, but none of them have been as interested as me. I tried to teach my ex-best friend how to shinespike with Fawx, and she was like "Eeeeh," and waved her hand at me. :laugh: I mean, yeah, a lot of them will play casually, but I want to go a step further, I guess... is what I'm trying to say..? xD

Anyway, yeah! I'm down for some Roy practice! Also, that random character money match sounds like something I can afford, I'm up for that too, haha.

vZakat

Half Genie
I go to the roy forums for a good laugh, but I've never learned anything from there. Aside from Exarch and Sethlon, no one post anything useful. I taught myself roy through experimentation ( I'm experimenting with some new stuff now, should be real interesting if I get it to work).

Spacing is more important to roy's game than marth's. And it's marth's most important skill. If you can sweetspot aerials, you can somewhat combo. I'll teach everyone the skill. we need more good roys.

I only do $1 MM's because 1) I'm cheap. and 2) I do it for the added intenseness of having money on the line. Not to gain money. It's like a small tourney.

I pride myself in being relatively good with all the characters, so watch yourselves.

The_Brownguy

Smash Ace
TRC I don't do higher that 10$. But if you are down for that Im game for a MM. Just make sure you bring your deodorant and my bad Yay I'll make you the exception to the rule of SC Smash.

vZakat

Half Genie
Sure we can get some friendlies. And I'll be back in florida by the end of august, so if there are any tourney after that I'll probably be there. I'll miss august's gigs though. :(

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
Greenville, SC (summer) West Chester, PA (school)
TRC I don't do higher that 10$. But if you are down for that Im game for a MM. Just make sure you bring your deodorant and my bad Yay I'll make you the exception to the rule of SC Smash.
So the is yayuhz an exception to the rule because he called you out or because you are afraid of the wrath of yay? Either way don't be a d-bag and finish up the drama.

p.s. I am also afraid of the wrath of yay that **** is serious. Also bets of the trc vs bownguy match?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
*yawn* wow okay Brownguy, and you remember to bring that 10 bucks for me.

To Twig : you're right, I was kind of being an *** about it, but then again, I don't think addressing an entire state as ******* is a very "gentleman" thing to do.

Top Bottom