• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm just gonna say it. I think "Duck Hunt" would be great in Smash... as an assist trophy. You actvate it, the dog barks, jumps into the background and then the ducks fly around. You can either kill the ducks or else after a certain amout of time they fly away, carrying items or maybe even players with them. If you were to get picked up by the duck you could escape, of course. Or if you kill the ducks then they drop to the ground and the dog picks them up playing that little tune from Duck Hunt. Maybe if all the ducks are killed then whoever killed the most gets some kind of reward.
You just described his Final Smash. :smirk:

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 The pics you posted on page 13 are gone and they say they are from 4chan.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I'm just gonna say it. I think "Duck Hunt" would be great in Smash... as an assist trophy. You actvate it, the dog barks, jumps into the background and then the ducks fly around. You can either kill the ducks or else after a certain amout of time they fly away, carrying items or maybe even players with them. If you were to get picked up by the duck you could escape, of course. Or if you kill the ducks then they drop to the ground and the dog picks them up playing that little tune from Duck Hunt. Maybe if all the ducks are killed then whoever killed the most gets some kind of reward.
In Melee they described trying to implement assist trophies in and the one they described was duck hunt, so it was almost a reality.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
In Melee they described trying to implement assist trophies in and the one they described was duck hunt, so it was almost a reality.
One of the best things to happen for DHD, sure he missed out on 2 games but to finally have the chance in Sm4sh is a better feeling than being stuck in AT Hell like Isaac.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
One of the best things to happen for DHD, sure he missed out on 2 games but to finally have the chance in Sm4sh is a better feeling than being stuck in AT Hell like Isaac.
Isn't it strange how that works out for some Smash charactes? R.O.B., Diddy, and Pokemon Trainer never appeared in previous Smash games, and then there they were, all of a sudden playable. Same may seem to happen with the dog. It's not like they're new characters or anything, they each could've easily been trophies in earlier games.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
If anything being an assist helps their popularity for future installments.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Duck Hunt Dog speculative moveset:

Smash Attacks
Side: Lunging bite. Growls with back arched while charging.
Up: Grabs a passing duck to get some distance.
Down: Sniffs the ground rapidly, sweeping nearby opponents as he moves.

Specials
Neutral: Dog stands still while a reticule appears on the screen in front of him. If held, the player has a chance to move the reticule, but dog is vulnerable. Reticule causes characteristic Duck Hunt flash and damage to be dealt to opponent if it connects.
Side: Clay pigeon flies at the screen in front of the dog. Distance changes depending on how charged it is.
Down: Dog dodges opponent's attack by jumping off the screen into grass and jumps back to punish.

Final Smash:
Dog jumps into the bushes, screen zooms out and player controls fourth wall Duck Hunter with Zapper showing. Ducks fly in troves, hitting opponents. Every duck that the player hits with the Zapper regains health for Duck Hunt Dog. After completion of Final Smash, dog laughs and returns to battle.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I don't want the Leak to be true but I want DHD.

I don't like the Leak's roster because of no Ice Climbers and Wolf and because Dark Pit is just a waste of a character to me (make him a palette swap).

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
If anything being an assist helps their popularity for future installments.
Only for Little Mac so far but he's always been a strong contender for the game. Have to wait for some like Isaac or Ray to finally be shown but they'll probably just follow in Tingle's and Lyn's footsteps.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I think part of the point of the dog is more like R.O.B. and Mr. G&W, and that's to be unexpected and unconventional, but at the same time historically significant. Little Mac is not that, and if it wasn't for Punch-Out Wii, Little Mac probably still would be an Assist Trophy. It's not about fanbase or franchise revival for Duck Hunt, nobody is expecting to see a new G&W series or a new R.O.B. the robot... They're retro.

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
As much as I will always pull for Mike Jones to be the retro rep, the more I think about DHD, the more awesome he seems. I am really hoping that this leak is true, for more reasons than just Duck Hunt Dog, but nonetheless, I'm happy, and I'm happy for all of you that have been wanting him for a long time! Cheers!

fill

20EggsEggs
Given the Leak version of DHD, him being named Duck Hunt instead of DHDog, and there being no ice climbers. are we going to be getting a rosalina type fighter, or olimar? it seems all the newcomers have new fighting styles for smash. whats everyones thoughts?

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Good, good.
The doge is in.
Now you have no choice but to be called "Duck Hunt" @ Arcadenik Arcadenik .

Now we want a speech from you, glorious Duck Hunt leader ! :troll:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Congratulations, everybody, we did it!! I can't believe it, we got the Duck Hunt dog!!! Holy DANG WOW!!!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I really, really suggest not jumping the gun yet.

Wait for the duck to show for real.

Then you're allowed to shoot it down.

(We haven't seen anything about the Dog yet, waiit for that visual evidence confirmation, alright

I'm rooting for you)

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I'll eat my shoe if the Duck Hunt dog doesn't make it in after this. It's pretty much confirmed he's playable at this point.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So basically Bowser Jr. and Shulk are unofficially confirmed... but where's Duck Hunt Dog?!?!?!? Where are the videos?!?!?!? Somebody bring the videos here ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I'm actually hoping we don't see footage of him. I want to be surprised still when he's officially shown. Knowing that he's in is good enough for me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm actually hoping we don't see footage of him. I want to be surprised still when he's officially shown. Knowing that he's in is good enough for me.
Yeah, no... knowing is nice and all... but it is way better to have proof!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So basically Bowser Jr. and Shulk are unofficially confirmed... but where's Duck Hunt Dog?!?!?!? Where are the videos?!?!?!? Somebody bring the videos here ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's weird that out of all the character leaks so far, they've forgotten to record the most original one. :p

If that's the name the character's going to keep, then I'm calling the dog HUNT from now on. So it's Duck.. and Hunt!
:D

BTW, I totally wanted Mike Jones as well, but I've settled for him to be a trophy months ago. I've also liked the idea of Duck Hunt for a long time, which is why I started supporting him ever since SSB4 was announced.
In an ideal world, we'd get as many retro characters as newcomers, but I guess we'll have to stick with ONE per installment. :(
At least this time it's a character more people actually know (compared to the Ice Climbers, and to an extend, more than Pit back in Brawl).

Duck Hunt was literally my first videogame ever. (Alongside Mario, of course).

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I thought it was a cute idea and looked adorable when I thought it was fake and I look forward to maining him now that I think it's real. Congrats yall.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Okay, how about if they just show a video of the character select screen? Is that proof enough?
Hmmmm.... maybe if they show DHD laughing at the end of match victory screen and you have a deal! :troll:

Last edited:

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
I know i never visit this thread that much, but DH Dog was one of my secret most wanted newcomers out of Mac, and King K. Rool. I cant wait to he how he plays and nothing will be satisfying as knocking out your opponet and having that trademark laugh destroy them. DH DOG HYPE.

Raido

Smash Apprentice
I don't want the Leak to be true but I want DHD.

I don't like the Leak's roster because of no Ice Climbers and Wolf and because Dark Pit is just a waste of a character to me (make him a palette swap).
And what would be the big difference here? Hm?

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
While there is a massive flood in the character Smash 4 forums. I'm just gonna go ahead and climb on this dinghy here if you dont mind.
While it looked real to me since the start. It is still unreal how it happened "None of your most requested characters are in. Only the least requested".
I think I'm gonna change my avatar to a Dog and Duck posing like Banjo-Kazooie.

TheRealLegit StevenSeagal

Smash Apprentice
What would the dog's specialty be? projectiles? ( Ducks) durabillity ( Cause as much as you shoot him he doesn't die!) maybe strength? i'd love if he was overpowerred.

Top Bottom