• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Dark Pit and Bowser Jr I do not want either, they're both clones, Lucina as a clone is pushing it
Bowser Jr. seems to be an unique character instead of a clone because he's in the Koopa Clown Car.

I think Dark Pit and Lucina are last minute newcomer clones who used to be alternate costumes for Pit and Marth respectively.

Booster

Smash Lord
Bowser Jr. seems to be an unique character instead of a clone because he's in the Koopa Clown Car.

I think Dark Pit and Lucina are last minute newcomer clones who used to be alternate costumes for Pit and Marth respectively.
So they're filler characters, like Transformation characters being seperated?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No. Not like transformation characters... that would be Charizard, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus.

I meant alternate costumes like male Wii Fit Trainer, female Villager, and female Robin... imagine those characters are separate characters. That's what Dark Pit and Lucina are.

Booster

Smash Lord
No. Not like transformation characters... that would be Charizard, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus.

I meant alternate costumes like male Wii Fit Trainer, female Villager, and female Robin... imagine those characters are separate characters. That's what Dark Pit and Lucina are.
All I can say is "Who's Dark Pit?", ironically that's what I said when Pit was revealed for Brawl. Maybe I'll know who Dark Pit is in another 6 years xP

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
All I can say is "Who's Dark Pit?", ironically that's what I said when Pit was revealed for Brawl. Maybe I'll know who Dark Pit is in another 6 years xP
The answer to that question lies within Kid Icarus: Uprising, which everyone should play. Seriously, that game could end all wars on Earth, that good.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
3DS has been out a while, should get much cheaper soon enough. I envy you, you have some fantastic games ahead if you do get one.

Wonder if any music from Hogan's Alley would be on a Duck Hunt stage, it's pretty catchy.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
3DS has been out a while, should get much cheaper soon enough. I envy you, you have some fantastic games ahead if you do get one.

Wonder if any music from Hogan's Alley would be on a Duck Hunt stage, it's pretty catchy.
I read "Hogan's Alley" and for some reason thought "Hogan's Heroes".

Now I want the Hogan's Heroes theme song in Smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yesterday before the pics were leaked, this thread itself was always the first one or the second one (the other is the Facebook support page for Duck Hunt Dog) shown in the results when you Google search "Duck Hunt Dog Smash Bros"... but today, this thread is on the second page... and the Facebook page is the last result on the first page. **** is getting real, guys!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Looks like you guys get the last laugh. Bravo.

I didn't know how much I would have actually been ok with him until this, I'm hype.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Not so fast! I want Sakurai to officially confirm Duck Hunt as a newcomer so we can legitimately have the last laugh. I really want my "I was wrong!" thread on the Duck Hunt sub-board!

Yams

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe it's actually happening. I am 100% in favor of this leak being real, and I would have no problem with any clones. Duck Hunt Dog makes up for any places in which the roster is lacking for me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I want a Pic of the Day with Dog & Duck and Rush & Beat together in the Nintendogs stage with the French Bulldog.

andimidna

Smash Master
I support! That's awesome that this is finally happening! It's makes too much sense.
A recognizable retro, even though he was never as popular as Takamaru, he's well-known. People will look at him and remember him. Know who he is. I always thought we'd just get Takamaru, so I didn't consider him much, but I'm very excited about this, the leak wasn't all that surprising for me otherwise. (Yea, I was one of the 5 people that had Dr. Mario on their rosters lol)

ErenJager

Smash Champion
He's gotta poop eggs like banjo if he's got that bird with him!!!

Also hope he knows bite, tackle, and dig >:) Dog moveset.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
lol I forgot character threads were a thing with all the leaks shenanigans. Anyways, yay for Duck Hunt Dog! And Bowser Jr. on top of that!

D

Deleted member

Moveset Idea incoming:
Neutral Special (Laugh): Duck Hunt Dog laughs at you.
You get mad. Real mad. So mad that you stand still for a short while so that evil dog can hit you.

Down Special (Pounce): That dog knows that you're there. He knows that he must flee so he can be annoying from a distance. So what does he do? He pounces into a patch of grass, paws flailing. If anybody is in the way, he needs to remove some evidence. So he tosses them out of his grassy hiding place like the jerk he is. (10%)

Side Special (Hunter): That dog is fed up with you now. So what is he gonna do? That jerk is gonna shoot you with an NES Zapper, thats what!
Look at that bad boy. That dog could mow down armies with it. He could probably aim with a cursor the same color as his nametag is (Red for P1, Blue for P2, etc.) before shooting somebody with that weapon that could put the US military to shame. (16%)

Up Special (Duck Minions): That dog is not a normal jerk, he is a crime boss!
Look at that horrible dog. Choking 2 ducks while simultaneously using them to fly around! What a jerk.

Disclaimer: I love Duck Hunt Dog and have wanted him in Smash Bros. ever since my brother suggested it about a year ago.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I hope the zapper is only involved in his final smash from the tthird, fourth? wall.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
op is in luck
Welp, there you have it. Also add me to the supporters list. When I first saw the roster I didn't believe it due to the roster choice and some cuts...until I saw that Duck Hunt Dog and Duck. I mean come on look at that beautiful render and it fits with the art style. The name also convinced me more due to the dog and the duck represent the game together so naming their tag team off of the game title sounds more appropriate than calling them Dog & Duck or Duck Hunt Dog if the Duck is going to play a tag team role with their move set like Rosalina & Luma.

DHD was pretty fun to play with in Smash Bros Crusade so that also made me interested of seeing him and a duck or two have their 3d debut in smash 4. I just hope that pic isn't showing the final roster and we get at least 4 more characters to unlock (the character selection is still not categorized right with Doc, Lucina, and Dark Pit separated from their respected series, which has always been a thing with the roster since Melee). I don't know why Sakurai would cut Wolf and leave Falco considering Sakurai wanted Wolf in Smash since Melee and finally got to add him in Brawl. He may just be an unlockable again if this leak is 100% real. I would also get Doctor Mario back so that's a plus for me.

He's gotta poop eggs like banjo if he's got that bird with him!!!

Also hope he knows bite, tackle, and dig >:) Dog moveset.
Now we need a Banjo & Kazooie color alt.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Not gonna lie, I was on the "heck no" list and now I'm on the "heck yeah" one for Duck Hunt Dog support. And we haven't seen anything besides a low quiality character render yet. Alas, enjoy the incoming rise in popularity for such an "underdog" character.

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
They couldn't. In Brawl they made Snakes moves all explosives because you know Nintendo and guns...this time around it is E 10+ and not T so I doubt they'd include any moves with guns.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
All I know is that Duck hunt has been on Sakurai's mind since Melee being one of the original concept ideas for Assists.
"In the Gamecube preview issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, the Smash Bros Melee article comments that Nintendo originally tried to implement Assist Trophies in Melee. The only trophy concept they gave details on was one that would release the ducks from Duck Hunt to fly around the stage and interfere with the fighters."

D

Deleted member

They couldn't. In Brawl they made Snakes moves all explosives because you know Nintendo and guns...this time around it is E 10+ and not T so I doubt they'd include any moves with guns.
We have Zero Suit Samus' skin showing alternates, and its a cartoon gun. Nintendo also released that gun accesory, so I doubt that they'd have an issue with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
The Zapper isn't realistic looking though. Sakurai could just make the gun zap people. And Snake still snapped his opponents necks in Brawl.

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
The Zapper isn't realistic looking though. Sakurai could just make the gun zap people. And Snake still snapped his opponents necks in Brawl.
Yeah I was surprised at Snake's violence in that otherwise pretty lighthearted fighting game lol. But remember they bumped the age rating down, so less things like that will fly.

D

Deleted member

I support this guy, and my faith lies in a leak that has a Tomodachi stage part that was shown off in a Famitsu scan after the leak came out. @ Arcadenik Arcadenik I don't think I'm in the supporters list. Can you add me?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I just think the zapper is silly because it's essentially a controller from outside the game.

It would be like making the crossbow controller apart of links move set.

It would be cool if we get to shoot the screen as a final smash tho.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
The super scope is an Item now so the plastic looking toy guns will fly. (Not the Japanese version of the Zapper though.)

Edit:
I just think the zapper is silly because it's essentially a controller from outside the game.

It would be like making the crossbow controller apart of links move set.

It would be cool if we get to shoot the screen as a final smash tho.
R.O.B. Kind of does this for gyromite and stack up so it could happen. It has importance in the fact light shooters have always been important to Nintendo- It is what got them into video games along with G&W and the Zapper was marketed similar to R.O.B. to make the NES seem more like a toy than a video game.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Honestly, if that final roster is real... I'll still be 100% satisfied with it because it's got many of my favorite veterans like Dr. Mario (always liked the design over regular Mario even though I was against his return), Peach (still mad at her for c*ckblocking Toad from becoming a newcomer), Yoshi, Zelda (especially now that she's separated from Sheik), Toon Link (still wish that he's not a clone), Zero Suit Samus (totally maining her in her blue shorts), Pit, R.O.B., Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Olimar, Pikachu, Charizard (I'll miss Squirtle and Ivysaur), Jigglypuff, Ness (I'll miss Lucas too), and Mr. Game & Watch. It's got some of my most wanted newcomers like Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac, Miis, Palutena, Pac-Man, and Duck Hunt Dog. That's nearly half of the whole roster! Yeah, the cuts and the omissions suck but overall, I'm satisfied with this leaked roster.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I do not care about the leak (I don't think it's legitimate for various reasons), but I would like to be added to the list of supporters if I'm not on there already. I would've rather had Takamaru, but Duck Hunt Dog would be really fun.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Hey guys, sorry to rain on your parade
http://m.imgur.com/r/smashbros/LFXxnaT
The duck hunt dog render was an edit if this old thing.
Also, shulks face was proven to be an altered little Mac.
It was already a pretty obvious fake, though. So no surprise.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
The super scope is an Item now so the plastic looking toy guns will fly. (Not the Japanese version of the Zapper though.)

Edit:

R.O.B. Kind of does this for gyromite and stack up so it could happen. It has importance in the fact light shooters have always been important to Nintendo- It is what got them into video games along with G&W and the Zapper was marketed similar to R.O.B. to make the NES seem more like a toy than a video game.
I hate ROB, I don't even consider him a video game character. That's just my opinion though.

Top Bottom