• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
New movement ideas.

#DuckHuntDay
#DuckHuntDream or #DreamDuckHunt
#DoDuckHunt
#DuckHuntVictory

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
By the way, I think I will be referring to the character as "they", "them" since both the Dog and the Duck are together in the render.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Does anyone think the reason it says "duck hunt" is because the name will scroll?

Btw i support even though i rarely post here i thought he would have been cool since the beginning

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I hope he's really cartoony as a character, that Dog. I'd be great if they drew stylization inspiration to him from those 80's Hanna-Barbera Cartoons, especially from Muttley The Dog.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The way Dog & Duck are designed really reminds me of old cartoons from the 1930s and 1940s.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Yeah, I'm hoping his eyelids aren't always down like that, and that he doesn't always have his tongue out. The other characters like Dedede and DK being more expressive gives me hope the dog will change expressions too. I mean, he's gotta have that cheesy grin, he ain't the Duck Hunt dog without that.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
We all know dat laugh has to and hopefully will be one of his taunts, but what about his other taunts? One could be coming out of the grass holding two dead ducks with the same music, and another could be lying on his back, looking at the camera with a smirk. :3

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
By the way, I think I will be referring to the character as "they", "them" since both the Dog and the Duck are together in the render.
Oh... like Ice Climbers, right? Since you have Popo ana Nana together.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I wonder if DHD would have any moves that work like Rosalina & Luma's like being able to control how the duck fights?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Oh... like Ice Climbers, right? Since you have Popo ana Nana together.
Yup. Though it is best to wait and see if the Duck is only part of the Dog's moveset or if both are equal parts of the character.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You know... Robin has limited number of tomes or whatever... well, Duck Hunt has three bullets per round... what if the gameplay revolves around the Dog chasing the Duck... and Dog does all the fighting but the hunter from the fourth wall does all the shooting and he has 3 bullets per round... special moves use up bullets... and if the hunter failed to shoot the Duck and ran out of bulets, the Duck flies away and the Dog automatically laughs at the player... then bullets are refilled as another Duck flies out of the grass and the Dog gives chase again.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
So awhile back i told my friend that i think Duck Hunt Dog would be a great new character. He told me that is dumb and that it will never happen

The "leak" happened...
Me:"Hey look who it is..."
My friend: "**** you"
Me: (laughs like a true Duck Hunt Dog supporter)

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Y'know what, put me down as a supporter. Shulk is and always will be my #1, but DHD is the kind of off-the-wall character that seems like a really creative addition. I'll probably use him as a secondary just to beat my partner and give them the ol' iconic Laugh :troll:

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
would love it if all his attackes seemed like accidents
like hes just a dog and dogs like to have fun and chase ducks, its not his fault you got in the way.

kinda like how the villager trips and hits you with a pot on accident but the whole moveset is like that

Last edited:

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
honestly this leak is like a dream come true,
Ness, Olimar, Icys, DHD, Villager, and the Chorus Men.
all my babys so many mains. i have no idea what to do first now

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I would laugh so badly if this actually did happen. And given that was my reactino to both WFT and Greninja it's definitely not a bad thing.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
would love it if all his attackes seemed like accidents
like hes just a dog and dogs like to have fun and chase ducks, its not his fault you got in the way.

kinda like how the villager trips and hits you with a pot on accident but the whole moveset is like that
Yeah, same with Wii Fit Trainer. Does that remind you of accidentally hitting someone when doing jumping jacks?

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman

Oh Really?

Since when was the age bumped down?
IIRC, It's E10+, which is different than Brawls T. Also, the ZSS costumes in all honesty, aren't that revealing. None of her upper chest is even shown, although I guess showing the stomach could be bad.

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, same with Wii Fit Trainer. Does that remind you of accidentally hitting someone when doing jumping jacks?
oh yeah thats true shes just kinda hanging out doing yoga people are just in the way. but with a dog even running around can seem aimless ya know? with WFT clearly shes following you

Top Bottom