• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Soon.... this Friday, I will finally play as DHD! :awesome:

12 years of dreaming... a lifetime of living my dream! :estatic:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ha! I knew it wasn't gonna be "Duck Hunt" here... so that means DHD is still correct. :troll:

domokl

Smash Lord
acutally turns out in the us version hes still called duck hunt. the pic I posted was of the pal version through further research

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
US version is stupid then

We should use the PAL version name

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
I wonder... If they get a new game (I.E. a Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor). What will they do about the names? Will they keep their names a mystery in that game and keep calling them Duck Hunt (Duo) in Smash or will they give them proper names and perhaps change their names in the next SSB games after this generation? Or will Smash keep calling them Duck Hunt (Duo) even if they are going to get real names?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Why don't they just call it Duck Hunt Dog in north america, do we really need to mention the duck, the main focus is the dog, just like how Olimar in Japan is Pikmin and Olimar.

Last edited:

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
I think it's because the dog and duck are an actual team while Olimar is the main character and just uses the Pikmin like disposable troops or items.

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
So Duck Hunt Duo is the official localized name. It still fits the "DHD" abbreviation that we have been using for the longest time.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Soon... tomorrow I will finally play as DHD... you see, detractors, the dog made it to the roster despite your arbitrary reasons to exclude him... he didn't need to have an official name... he didn't need to be a bipedal humanoid... he didn't need to have prior combat experience... he didn't need to have a visible moveset potential... he didn't need to top the popularity polls... the dog really got the last laugh on all of you haters. :troll:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Soon... tomorrow I will finally play as DHD... you see, detractors, the dog made it to the roster despite your arbitrary reasons to exclude him... he didn't need to have an official name... he didn't need to be a bipedal humanoid... he didn't need to have prior combat experience... he didn't need to have a visible moveset potential... he didn't need to top the popularity polls... the dog really got the last laugh on all of you haters. :troll:
It's here......

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Okay, I've unlocked all characters and stages (except Flat Zone 2)... I'm not playing the game anymore tonight... my hands really need a rest... I don't want to have the same problem Sakurai has with his hands... sorry but the Gamecube and Classic Controllers are easy on my hands... in that case, I'm definitely using the 3DS version for casual fun. Don't expect to find me online on the 3DS on a regular basis (especially on the For Glory mode).

DHD is definitely awesome. He's pretty good... I'll play some more tomorrow.

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
The greatest DHD supporter for 12 years, @ Arcadenik Arcadenik , has finally played as the character. There is something simply heartwarming and magical about that.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wow. He is surprisingly easy to use.
I've played DHD only once but I loved every second of it!!!!

I'm currently going through Classic Mode with all characters... I'm done with Mario through Zelda... now Sheik through Mii remain... damn, it's gonna take me a long time to get through Classic Mode AND All-Star Mode AND Smash Run with all characters... not to mention the challenges... but I'll play free for all matches again once I get both trophies of all playable characters.

Last edited:

2Mixer

Smash Apprentice
Sup Doggys!
I got 4th out of 32 from my first online tournament in ssb4! (german website)
Full Results if anyone interest:
http://www.smashlabs.de/index.php/T...ktober-2014/?postID=11361#post11361[/spoiler]

1. Chri5 :4sheik:
2. Koyu :4sheik::4bowser:
3. Majime :rosalina:
4. Twomix :4duckhunt:
5. Thommy :4greninja:
5. Serudos :4sheik::4greninja:

So i lost to Majime and Koyu, but it was so close!

btw i figured out a duck hunt duo bug, maybe i explain it later if i can reuse it

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Duck Hunt can also wall-jump, which is extremely surprising to me. O.o
I played for him for a bit, I think DHD is awesome, I think I'm at the point to maining him.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Duck Hunt can also wall-jump, which is extremely surprising to me. O.o
I played for him for a bit, I think DHD is awesome, I think I'm at the point to maining him.
You see? I knew DHD would make an awesome character contrary of what the haters used to say. :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Okay, so I just got the Nintendog Beagle trophy. This trophy mentioned hunting (rabbits) in England or something...

Remember when Sakurai said that he considered Nintendog for Brawl but decided that Nintendog wasn't plausible... so I'm wondering if Sakurai still wanted a playable dog in Smash but added Duck Hunt Dog instead of Nintendog?

Duck Hunt Dog seems more plausible since he's a cartoon dog and he's got more stuff to work with like the duck, the hunter, and elements from NES Zapper games... I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai added Duck Hunt Dog over Nintendog for this reason.

Maybe that's why DHD has a Beagle recolor? Hmmm?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Okay, so I just got the Nintendog Beagle trophy. This trophy mentioned hunting (rabbits) in England or something...

Remember when Sakurai said that he considered Nintendog for Brawl but decided that Nintendog wasn't plausible... so I'm wondering if Sakurai still wanted a playable dog in Smash but added Duck Hunt Dog instead of Nintendog?

Duck Hunt Dog seems more plausible since he's a cartoon dog and he's got more stuff to work with like the duck, the hunter, and elements from NES Zapper games... I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai added Duck Hunt Dog over Nintendog for this reason.

Maybe that's why DHD has a Beagle recolor? Hmmm?
Wow...I could actually accept that. Nintendog being playable...Well, we here at SmashBoards did have that thread of Nintendogs a while back...

Hey! Maybe if you unlock DHD, you can see it for yourself. :awesome:
Well, if things go as planned, I'll be playing SSB for 3DS at my friend's house, so I'll finally get to try out Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings! So....................YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
When Sakurai officially announces DHD on the SSB4 website, I hope there are pictures of the following scenes:

DHD with Rush and Beat
DHD and French Bulldog
DHD in the Living Room
DHD with Isabelle
DHD with Cuccos
DHD with Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. (the retro trio)
Wild Gunman vs. Sheriff

RNH

Smash Cadet
Decided to main Duck Hunt of all characters, just love his campy playstyle. Reminds me of Snake, my Brawl main. His CQC is fantastic too with those huge smash hitboxes. Side B may very well be the best special in the entire game. None of his moves feel useless to be honest. Although I do enjoy spamming Clay Pigeon.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm glad I picked out Duck Hunt, I absolutely love playing as them. Adding them to my mains for sure.

I just love their projectile game, the can works great for edge guarding and the disk is pretty powerful when the zapper blasts it. The only move that I don't like is the Wild Gunmen, they've been pretty useless overall for me. Everything else is great.

Top Bottom