• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
I am still fine with calling the character "Duck Hunt Dog" or "DHD", even though the duck is part of the dog's attacks, and we see the hunter from the fourth wall, as well as stuff from Hogan's Alley and Wild Gunman. Who knows? Maybe the character will get a name change in the USA version, just as "Olimar & Pikmin" became "Olimar" in the US.
The leak showed it as Duck Hunt. But it DID have the missing space from the Japanese version.

Sagashi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sagashi
I must admit I'm kind of sad that there's no Shiba inu alt. Then we could play as Duck Hunt Doge. Such Smashing. much fight. so Zapper Rep. Wow. Duck Hunt Doge.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Duck Hunt Doge. Such Smashing. much fight. so Zapper Rep. Wow. Duck Hunt Doge.
You are amazing

This is awesome

So hilarity, much laugh, such humor. woooow.

(All that to say; you made me laugh harder than I should have at any given forum post <3 )

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I love Duck Hunt, the two are amazing characters and were my most wanted in the game...however if there's something that disappoints me is they don't make much noise. Duck quacks once, and Dog barks probably only two times and then laughs a few times. I was hoping they'd get cartoony voices of a dog and duck, and their KO's would include a dog's howl and whimpers or a cartoony duck screech. Plus panting as Dog runs and such...but they're very quiet.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
So, @ Arcadenik Arcadenik , after a discussion with my partner, I found the perfect gif to describe your wait for Duck Hunt to get in.

tumblr_n5893jbJCQ1qk4xa5o2_500.gif

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I love Duck Hunt, the two are amazing characters and were my most wanted in the game...however if there's something that disappoints me is they don't make much noise. Duck quacks once, and Dog barks probably only two times and then laughs a few times. I was hoping they'd get cartoony voices of a dog and duck, and their KO's would include a dog's howl and whimpers or a cartoony duck screech. Plus panting as Dog runs and such...but they're very quiet.
Yeah, I like Duck Hunt as a playable character too, but you have a point. I too, noticed that the dog and duck don't speak much. I hoped for a howl and horrified squawk whenever they were at least Star KO'd, but sadly, I didn't even get that much. Oh, well. I can live with that. As long as they're playable, right?:):4duckhunt:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Did someone already make a smilie of the Duck yet? Because I don't feel that it's fair that only the Dog gets one. :ohwell:

It's in their name, after all.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Seems like Duck Hunt's chanting is "Duck Hunt Dog". If that is the case, I guess I can finally stop getting annoyed by people calling Duck Hunt "DHD".

I still don't like to see the Duck being ignored though :/ She (don't ask) is part of the character, too.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Seems like Duck Hunt's chanting is "Duck Hunt Dog". If that is the case, I guess I can finally stop getting annoyed by people calling Duck Hunt "DHD".

I still don't like to see the Duck being ignored though :/ She (don't ask) is part of the character, too.
Do you have a source that the crowd is chanting "Duck Hunt Dog"?

Reila

Do you have a source that the crowd is chanting "Duck Hunt Dog"?
My source is my boyfriend, he has the game. I can't give you any guarantee about that, though, specially since the game is in Japanese, etc.

Either way, we will all know the chanting in 11 days. So... don't take my word as a fact or anything. lol

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
My source is my boyfriend, he has the game. I can't give you any guarantee about that, though, specially since the game is in Japanese, etc.

Either way, we will all know the chanting in 11 days. So... don't take my word as a fact or anything. lol
Man, I really want someone to do a compilation of the cheers on Youtube :c

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Here is the pure Victory theme.
And it is glorious. The combination of 8-bit effects and full orchestration is brilliant.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget

where is your avatar from? I remember it being an assist trophy in Brawl...

Edit: I mean your previous one, in that mech thing.

Last edited:

Reila

where is your avatar from? I remember it being an assist trophy in Brawl...

Edit: I mean your previous one, in that mech thing.
My previous avatar is from Drill Dozer, a Game Boy Advance game developed by Game Freak. The character is called Jill.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
My previous avatar is from Drill Dozer, a Game Boy Advance game developed by Game Freak. The character is called Jill.

You know, if I remember correctly, your avatar was of Jill from Drill Dozer and she was waving mischievously, right? If it was, I've been meaning to ask, was that a fanart or was it like, official artwork from GameFreak/Ken Sugimori or something? It looked a bit like the art style of Pokémon X/Y's artwork, but more cartoonish.

Reila

You know, if I remember correctly, your avatar was of Jill from Drill Dozer and she was waving mischievously, right? If it was, I've been meaning to ask, was that a fanart or was it like, official artwork from GameFreak/Ken Sugimori or something? It looked a bit like the art style of Pokémon X/Y's artwork, but more cartoonish.
It is an official artwork. To be more accurate, it is a concept art picture of Jill doing random stuff:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It is an official artwork. To be more accurate, it is a concept art picture of Jill doing random stuff:

So when was this made? When 'Drill Dozer' was in development? or was it recently made as a special occasion type of thing? BTW, I know this is the Duck Hunt thread and all, but I have to ask, do you think Jill will show up n Smash 4 in some way, shape, or form? (DLC, hidden AT, etc;?)

Reila

So when was this made? When 'Drill Dozer' was in development? or was it recently made as a special occasion type of thing? BTW, I know this is the Duck Hunt thread and all, but I have to ask, do you think Jill will show up n Smash 4 in some way, shape, or form? (DLC, hidden AT, etc;?)
I am not sure, but I doubt it was recently made. It is hard to find reliable information about the game. I doubt Game Freak even remembers Drill Dozer exists :'( Anyway, why do you ask? I think Jill still is an AT, but likely Wii U exclusive. I think the same is valid for Isaac. Or she could also be part of some sort of future DLC pack (but still is an AT, I have no faith in Jill ever being playable in Super Smash Bros).

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
This one? Or this one?
Oh, I didn't know they were so detailed. That's pretty cool. Perhaps Sakurai really DID take inspiration from those tweets...

I was actually only thinking about that image with the moveset ideas in black and white. Is there a version of that by itself? I remember it being in the OP at one time IIRC.

Anywho, thanks! :)

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
I am not sure, but I doubt it was recently made. It is hard to find reliable information about the game. I doubt Game Freak even remembers Drill Dozer exists :'( Anyway, why do you ask? I think Jill still is an AT, but likely Wii U exclusive. I think the same is valid for Isaac. Or she could also be part of some sort of future DLC pack (but still is an AT, I have no faith in Jill ever being playable in Super Smash Bros).
Isaac and Jill for Sm4sh DLC
let's do it

EDIT: You know, Sm4sh had so little development time compared to Brawl, and it has a lot more unique characters, so I could totally see more characters being added in later as a patch or DLC. A patch is more likely, since Nintendo wants to get more involved in tourneys and paying $5 on every machine for a player's main can get kinda expensive.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I have a feeling I'm gonna like playing as the Dog 'n Duck Duo.

-Great projectiles to approach, NOT to spam.
-Duck-jointed attacks
-Best character overall. We want more villains they said....

T the Mewtwo fan

Smash Rookie
There might have been better choices for newcomers cough(Ridley)cough but DHD is in and my little bro is very happy he plays Duck Hunt on our NES all the time. So here's hoping for DLC (goes back to Mewtwo thread)

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
has anyone seen this image before? it makes me wonder what Duck Hunt's trailer will be? here is my theory
*stock footage of duck hunt* all of a sudden energy bullets start randomly appearing shooting everything intensively, it turns out to be Fox who was shooting everything, the dog and ducks start whispering at each other then out of nowhere they jump out and attack Fox "Duck Hunt gets the last laugh!!" *gameplay footage or whatever*.

or that one comic of how the duck and dog meet would be a nice one.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
has anyone seen this image before? it makes me wonder what Duck Hunt's trailer will be? here is my theory
*stock footage of duck hunt* all of a sudden energy bullets start randomly appearing shooting everything intensively, it turns out to be Fox who was shooting everything, the dog and ducks start whispering at each other then out of nowhere they jump out and attack Fox "Duck Hunt gets the last laugh!!" *gameplay footage or whatever*.

or that one comic of how the duck and dog meet would be a nice one.
Fake. The render doesn't match the in-game one. The hind-legs stick out the most, plus other little details such as the duck's wings and the dog's tail.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Fake. The render doesn't match the in-game one. The hind-legs stick out the most, plus other little details such as the duck's wings and the dog's tail.

i knew it was fake, ive seen that image of duck hunt before its fan made i just put it cause it got me wondering about his trailer

Top Bottom