• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
While I finished reading the manga, the last chapter was a rushed translation from someone who just wanted to share the ending. The grammar mistakes bugged me. With that said, I still plan on watching the anime to the end because that's how I started. Also, I feel like it is expressed better in animated form.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Crossing my fingers for a studio to do it justice. I want the Prison School anime to be good

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Kimi Uso just ended. Some parts were underwhelming compared to reading the manga, but some parts still hit me in the feels. :(

D

Deleted member

That episode of KimiUso made me cry so much. I hardly ever cry during anime.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
And Saenai/Saekano just ended today. The series was much more entertaining than I expected.

D

Deleted member

I'm so behind on a lot of winter anime I need to catch up before the spring season starts. I hope I'm able to. D:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I changed it to Mikuru (due to her being my least favorite SOS Brigade member) and my main to Zelda at the start of April Fool's, but then SmashBoards had to ruin my joke with their Shaq joke... <_<

And that ":D" makes it seem like you're happy that I was replaced by an imposter. LOL

Last edited:

Morin0

Smash Lord
I'm watching Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya for the first time. (I'm on the 4th episode.) I like it so far.

Before this, I watched Chaos;Head. It reminded me of Madoka and Welcome to the NHK lol.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I heard C;H's anime adaptation was a very bad one. Have neither seen it or read the VN, so I can't judge for myself. As for Haruhi, what order are you watching it in? (In other words, is the show jumping all over the place in story or not? XD)

EDIT: And someone actually decided to keep the Shaq avatar, huh...

Last edited:

Morin0

Smash Lord
The Shaq avatar was too good to lose.

Chaos;Head was interesting. I watched it all in one sitting lol.

Oh! I'm a longtime lurker of this thread and I remember reading about watching an anime show in a different order than normal I think. Is this the one? lol. I'm watching the show in order of the episode numbers, so I'm currently in episode 5 of season one after watching episode 1, 2, 3, and 4 in that order.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm currently in episode 5 of season one after watching episode 1, 2, 3, and 4 in that order.
That doesn't really say which order you're watching it in, since episode numbers can be numbered differently depending on which system you use. That's way just saying, "I watched episode 5 after watching the first four," so it's not very informative as to the order that you're watching it in. LOL
Probably better off using events that happened or episode name.
The order that it aired in (broadcast order) would be what I'd suggest first-time watchers to watch it in, since it puts the climax at the end and also gives you the feel of how weird it was for others to watched it early on. That order goes...
1: The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina (weird movie episode) [chronologically episode 11]
2: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I (part 1 of main arc) [chronologically episode 1]
3: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya II (part 2 of main arc) [chronologically episode 2]
4: The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya (baseball episode) [chronologically episode 7]
5: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya III (part 3 of main arc) [chronologically episode 3]

If the order is like that from what you're watching, then it'll be the broadcast order. Also, the preview for the broadcast order would have both Haruhi and Kyon talking during it, which each of them giving (for the most part) a different number for the episode. Kyon gives the number simply in order or broadcast, while Haruhi gives the number of where it would go chronologically. If the preview just has Yuki talking, then that's the preview for the DVD order (which is just chronological order but with the movie placed in front).

/me-talking-a-bunch-about-Haruhi-again

Last edited:

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Personally I skipped the previews :D

And I don't really think there's any value added by not watching it chronologically. Maybe there's nothing "wrong" with that either, but I just don't see the point.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Okay. Then this is indeed the one you can watch in a different order. I think I am watching it in the broadcast order. The movie was the first episode. I'm watching it on some anime site, so I am going off on the order they have it in. After I finish an episode, I click on a link at the bottom taking me to the next episode. I don't know any better. lol

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Personally I skipped the previews :D

And I don't really think there's any value added by not watching it chronologically. Maybe there's nothing "wrong" with that either, but I just don't see the point.
The main point is not ending the season with Someday in the Rain. While that episode does give a nice, mellow atmosphere to end it, for the first time someone watches it, ending on something like that makes it seem too subdued compared to the rest of the story. The climax at the end of the Melancholy arc is so much better to have at the end than halfway through the season, too.

And the broadcast previews were one of the more memorable things for me.

Okay. Then this is indeed the one you can watch in a different order. I think I am watching it in the broadcast order. The movie was the first episode.
The movie episode being first isn't the only thing in determining the order, though, as both DVD order and broadcast order started with it. The fourth episode is the first thing to differentiate the two (aside from the preview, that is).

EDIT: My internet went down (area-wide, apparently) the day that Yuki-chan airs... At least it's back up again not too long after.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Okay, then that's definitely broadcast order. Would have been easier if you would have just confirmed that you've seen a baseball episode.
And Yuki never says Haruhi is an alien. Not sure how you got that.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
No way is Yamada and the Seven Witches only 12 episodes long, right? Is MAL just putting 12 as a placeholder at the moment or something? They're going to need it to be 2 cour.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
No way is Yamada and the Seven Witches only 12 episodes long, right? Is MAL just putting 12 as a placeholder at the moment or something? They're going to need it to be 2 cour.
I thought question marks were used as placeholders.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I thought question marks were used as placeholders.
Usually. It says 12 on the site, but sometimes they just put that as the placeholder instead of question marks. They show all seven witches, so I'm going to assume it's 2 cour. They wouldn't be able to cram it into 12 otherwise.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Usually. It says 12 on the site, but sometimes they just put that as the placeholder instead of question marks. They show all seven witches, so I'm going to assume it's 2 cour. They wouldn't be able to cram it into 12 otherwise.
I've been reading that they are rushing things, so maybe they'll skip a lot. 2 cour is preferable though.

Top Bottom