• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Hey guys!!! =D

Wow this thread has been moving lately. I recently asked you guys what animes I should check out that are currently airing. Thanks again for the recommendations guys. I now have a new inquiry.

Now that I have finished my midterms I am looking to also tackle an anime that I has been sitting on my anime shelf for a while. I had a few animes in mind and would like to know your guys' two cent.

His and Her Circumstance (sitting on the shelf since forever!)
Full Metal Panic (I watched it when I was a lot younger and don't remember much.)
Baccano (Started it one day with my friends but they are idiots and talk too much so couldn't really absorb anything.)
Ghost in the Shell (Yup never watched it all the way through, only pieces on Toonami.)
Read or Die The TV (Haven't ever touched this before but bought it because my suncoast was going out of business.)
RahXephon (bought it cause I heard people compare it to Evangelion.)

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I'm assuming everyone knows Fate/Zero and Mirai Nikki is the best animes in Fall. <3 ♥

♣ I'm going to look into Baccano. ♥

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
kare kano is the best

i definitely recommend that and baccano

i don't know much about the others
Kk <3 Sion. I'll probably start Baccano first because it's shorter then Kare Kano.

♣ I'm assuming everyone knows Fate/Zero and Mirai Nikki is the best animes in Fall. <3 ♥

♣ I'm going to look into Baccano. ♥
What about Haganai?!?!?!?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
i still haven't seen Higurashi Rei or Kai :[
Same, I'll have to get to that. Been so busy, damn AP US History is so ballsy. :urg: (But I guess college is probably more difficult for you guys. At least you get to do what you want, though. I hate history with a passion.)

I mean, if you like terrible things then maybe those, Krynxe.

:3c
lol, as I said earlier this season is full of fabulous
ly awful
anime.

Omg I looooove that anime. So yea Kare Kano is pretty good.
I've had both of those downloaded and on my to-watch list for ages. I'll be sure to prioritize them both, then. :3c

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I still think people should watch/read Hunter X Hunter and even Gundam AGE. Same goes for Persona 4.

And I'm surprised a lot of you guys haven't seen Baccano yet. Get to it if you haven't.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Well I'm not much into shounen, though, and I feel like I'd be lost watching Gundam AGE since I haven't watched much of MSG. (Which is something I should probably get to)

I'll get to Baccano for sure, I have so many things on queue lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well I'm not much into shounen, though, and I feel like I'd be lost watching Gundam AGE since I haven't watched much of MSG. (Which is something I should probably get to)

I'll get to Baccano for sure, I have so many things on queue lol.
Well, HxH isn't a typical shounen and I still recommend people here to watch it since there aren't too many episodes out.
And like most recent Gundam series, AGE isn't connected to any of the others. So no one should feel lost.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Alright then. As for HxH, I hear a lot of people saying to watch the original over the remake because it was better. (They were saying the original had better character development, environment, and didn't rush things as much iirc.) What do you think, have you watched the first one?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Alright then. As for HxH, I hear a lot of people saying to watch the original over the remake because it was better. (They were saying the original had better character development, environment, and didn't rush things as much iirc.) What do you think, have you watched the first one?
I liked the first one more at the start. But now I'm liking the 2011 version much more, even if it did skip some scenes (which they'll probably do a flashback of). The pacing for the new version has slowed down to a good pace now. Some of the extra character development in the original was filler while this one's more true to the manga, imo.

And if anyone is planning on watching it, I'd say watch a few eps first before deciding on dropping it since it tries to appear light-hearted.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
fate and mirai nikki are the best-in-season

haganai is ok, this is coming from somebody hyping it since like 6 months ago

i honestly gave up hxh '11 about 6 minutes in because i just couldn't be bothered, and seeing gon like that gave me a weird feeling (compared to where the manga is at)

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Wow... I was away for a few hours and this thread exploded with 100+ posts...
Then there are days without a single post...

...I think this thread is bipolar.

Random thought: what ever happened to ihavespaceballs? (Maybe he'll name search this...)
I did, hurray narcissism! And a combination of 1. I stopped watching currently airing stuff so often, and 2. the thread started moving so fast that keeping/catching up became a chore...

Zwarm

Smash Hero
So after watching the first two episodes of Idolmaster, I think my favorite is Miki. She just eats and sleeps. I can relate. :3

I like all the characters though, even Ami and Mami, not sure why you guys complain about them, they aren't that bad.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So after watching the first two episodes of Idolmaster, I think my favorite is Miki. She just eats and sleeps. I can relate. :3

I like all the characters though, even Ami and Mami, not sure why you guys complain about them, they aren't that bad.
Ami and Mami are my least fave. But my opinion of the the idols got better once I hit episode 13 and also 15.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Ami is meh but I like Mami a lot. :3c

Miki is god tier, but Hibiki is still mai waifu. I only dislike Yuki-pyon and Chihaya tbh.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Most of these girls' names are the same as other characters from other series that I know, so whenever you guys talk about them, I can only think about those other characters since I don't know anything about idolm@ster. <_<

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Chihaya's my 2nd fave. The only thing I don't like about her is that she's too depressed.
For good reason too it seems, but still :ohwell:

3rd is like a tie between Makoto and Haruka. Takane's cool but she needs her own episode.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I just think Chihaya is a little too depressing and serious at times, but I guess that's okay since the show completely lacks seriousness otherwise. I just find it a bit annoying how she goes to be an idol, then complains every time she has to do something other than sing. Ep 15 gave me a bit more respect for her though. To better clarify, I really only dislike Yukiho, whereas Chihaya is just a character I don't like as much compared to the other idols.
Also, PC, watch idolma@ster and join the club. :3c

Edit:
Here's the case of it, already. XD (Same with Makoto and Haruka.)

Speaking of Chihaya: WATCH CHIHAYAFURU, EVERYONE!
Noted. I have ep 1 DLed so I'll watch it today.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Haruka, Iori and Takane will always be my top idols, at the same time, I can't choose which one I like the most. XD

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So anyone interested in sports anime with special moves should really watch, Inazuma Eleven.
It's pretty addicting and good for a kids anime. The music's good too since it's composed by the same guy who did Chrono Trigger/Cross.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
It's good to have three, for the actual game lol. I like Hibiki and Miki almost equally, then Takane and Yayoi. HNNN-NNNG! :3c

Also, bout to watch Chihayafuru and then Un-Go ep1. Expecting good things.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'll need to watch more episodes before I decide my real favorites, but for now, it's Miki first, and Yayoi second.

I'm probably gonna start C3 and Chihayafuru soon too. I'm basically watching every show this seasons besides P4 and Fate/Zero.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's good to have three, for the actual game lol. I like Hibiki and Miki almost equally, then Takane and Yayoi. HNNN-NNNG! :3c

Also, bout to watch Chihayafuru and then Un-Go ep1. Expecting good things.
Un-Go's just alright for me so far. How they solve the cases in the end kind of bugs me.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Alright, after episode 3, Yuki-pyon is probably my least favorite idol, lol. Makoto and Haruka moved up on the tier list. Ami and Mami continue to remind me of Ritsu split into twins, and I'm okay with this. And Miki sleeping is still top tier.

I am lady... for episode 4.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Ami and Mami continue to remind me of Ritsu split into twins, and I'm okay with this.
My tier list just adjusted a little :3c
Also, c3 is genuinely terrible. Watch it at your own discretion.

Chihayafuru was really good, still have to watch un-go. im@s ep 17 prioritizes though lol. (And Penguindrum ep 16, I feel like I'm the only one here that's following that show.)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
So, I'm finally watching the last episode of Yuru Yuri.

Yaaaaaay

Apparently... I take that back, I forgot I have to go to school early to teach my friend Electromagnetics.

Now I sad.

=(

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I'm almost finished with Soul Eater; only 2 episodes left.

I only watched 2 episodes of Yuru Yuri so far, I don't see what is so captivating about it..

Top Bottom