• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
rofl i can somewhat understand japanese
taking classes help a lot

everyone should read the 4 koma
mangafox.com
gogogogo

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I read up to where episode 1 ended. As I read it, I realized that the manga doesn't go into much detail. KyoAni's adaptation adds more detail (and more comedy) to the story, making it more interesting. Reading the manga would just spoil the main events for when I watch the anime, IMO. I'll still read each part after the anime shows it, though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I read up to where episode 1 ended. As I read it, I realized that the manga doesn't go into much detail. KyoAni's adaptation adds more detail (and more comedy) to the story, making it more interesting. Reading the manga would just spoil the main events for when I watch the anime, IMO. I'll still read each part after the anime shows it, though.
Yeah, that's kind of why I stopped as well.
I read a few chapters and decided I'd rather just wait and watch how KyoAni does K-On.

The 4 Koma is funny though, but the anime just adds more substance to it.

And JDM and I almost have the same avatar.
I just added a filter on mine and found a picture with Mio and her bass.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
yes, that's awesome

I should read the 4koma, but I'll probably just read all of it and then perhaps be disappointed when the anime isn't very much of a surprise anymore :(

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Yeah, I'll take Perfect Chaos' word for it that the Anime has more depth and humor.

Plus the animation quality is great so there's no reason to spoil the story to make the anime experience less exciting. I'll just wait for the subs as they come out :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Are they subs good? Well, I'm not good with remembering the names of the people that sub some of the anime or who's the best. I guess I'll look into that more.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
They are the fastest one to get theirs up, and is also the one the majority (including myself) recommended for K-ON! when people asked for a sub-group suggestion.

I really need to stop getting distracted and watch the episode...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Kool, I'll watch the episode later since it's pass 2am around the Midwest. D=

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I think Mio just jumped slightly above Yui in my list of favorites. There were just sooo much more Mio moe-ness in this one than in episode 1. The only reason that Mio only has a slight lead is because there were some (but not as much as episode 1, of course) great Yui scenes. In fact, my favorite part in this episode is a Yui scene. Spoiler of a Humorous Moment Ahead:
The Double Neck Guitar Scene! (although I saw it coming as soon as I saw the guitar. XD)
Aside from that, I also got a bunch of smaller laughs from
Tsumugi's Eyebrow
and
Occupational Disease
, to name a couple.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
GAHHHHH!!!!
I'm even more in love with Yui now. I'm actually a guitarist myself and I am just loving the way she lives her life. Carefree... and then, through her peers, she found a sense of purpose. She really reminds me of myself sometimes, I guess... haha... plus the fact that I am also a guitarist and I also felt that way with my first guitar.

xD Now I want to play it more.

She's just too cute. Perfect Chaos you're definitely right about Mio though haha. So moe...

Anyway, great episode. This series is so funny and feel-good.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I've always wanted to play drums. But I guess Ritsu would be my favorite anyway. There's just something about her...

Also if anyone could find me some good pics (can have a bg. I am able to make my own renders) that I could use in a sig that would be awesome. As for me, the hunt has just begun.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
K-On! is so new that you'll probably have to await a bit for good non-show pics to pop up, tbh.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Actually I've got quite a few so far.

Edit: Oh... Non-show pics... one or two T_T
*insert pic of Yui sobbing*

BTW, when did the manga start?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Is it just me, or is the piano playing towards the middle of this ep (
after they've just gotten paid iirc
) very similar to the piano playing at the end of Haruhi?

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Steel, where did you get the text in your sig? Did you just draw it or is it part of another image?

Vts

Smash Champion
lol thats too pro all my stuff is hand made by new born chinese children working the line :psycho:

but really i have a personal sig maker and he makes all my sigs 90% of them are amazing the other 10% are just good lol

he is working slowly on my new sig might get in monday or neverday who knows with him i don't know :D

need new sig so i don't look ******** posting with this girl avatar and this sex god as a sig right now >D

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Real pros make their own stuff. ;)

too lazy to make a sig atm, good ones are time-consuming.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Same. The avatar though.... I dunno.

They really should let us have animated avatars. SWF is just about the only forum I know of that doesn't allow animated avis.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
FUCK

yeah.

This is what I was trying to do myself but apparently someone beat me to the punch.
They are has all my loyalties. For an hour.

Definitely sigged.

yesssssssss~...

I've heard a lot of people say that Mugi-chan has no fans actually. That's not really true. She just hasn't gotten her turn yet.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I've seen polls on which of the four are people's favorite, and Mio gets like 45% of the votes on average. Yui gets about 30%. Tsumugi gets 15%. Ritsu gets 10%. If you've noticed from the discussion a couple of pages back, it also follows that trend.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Demo, Demo...

Ri-chan is the least popular of all.
Sonna bakana...

Posted here so I don't have to keep track of it.
This series of shenanigans is going to end up with me getting an Animesuki account.

Steel: "Why don't you have one yet Moth?"

>__>

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Good stuff Shadow Moth! About time Ritsu gets some love. Definitely the "cool"est member. A tomboyish girl but still very cute, especially her determination and her silly mannerisms.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Looks like we're going to get some more MAD videos for every episode of K-On. LOL

Also, I was playing some Melee today. I kept thinking of the MAD video of Yui and her castanets on Dreamland.

Top Bottom