• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL! Man, the MAD videos are too good.

HAHA wow, I love Dreamland even more ever since castanets.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
I just saw the first two episodes and I loved them. Its thanks to this topic I even heard about them. My favorite characters are Tsumugi and Ritsu.

Are there only 2 episodes so far or are there more?
Because I only see 2 on youtube.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
She's 18 in the second half (basically you can assume she's 18 from the scene where they are finding out which class they are in until the end).

Also I am now officially a member of the Animesuki Forums. ^_^

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater

thats just even more reason not to watch it....

she looks like she is 12!! if not 13 on a good day!

so going to pass
LOL Other people would say it's just another thing that makes her cute...

Basically, she's an athletic otaku who lives in her room playing MMO's and eroge (erotic games). Has a single father who's sort of a pedo, since he dotes on his only daughter since (and she looks ilke her mother who passed away.) Voiced by Hirano Aya, whose voice makes her really funny, especially when she has those detached moments of cynical humor or ridicule toward her peers. Really a strange character but I love her anyway xD.

Cmon Vts I know we like to talk about cute girls in this thread but don't judge Konata just because she looks like a kid! ;););)

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
they all are 15

yeahyuzz shadow moth joined

man i wish i can get a nice gibson guitar for $500

as always mio is too good

im starting to like ritsu also

Vts

Smash Champion
LOL Other people would say it's just another thing that makes her cute...

Basically, she's an athletic otaku who lives in her room playing MMO's and eroge (erotic games). Has a single father who's sort of a pedo, since he dotes on his only daughter since (and she looks ilke her mother who passed away.) Voiced by Hirano Aya, whose voice makes her really funny, especially when she has those detached moments of cynical humor or ridicule toward her peers. Really a strange character but I love her anyway xD.

Cmon Vts I know we like to talk about cute girls in this thread but don't judge Konata just because she looks like a kid! ;););)
Fine i won't judge until its the only anime left and i have to watch it.

but doubt that will ever happen

and if it does i'm going to kill myself afterwords...

never said she wasn't cute just saying she looks 12

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i wasnt much of a konata fan
i liked kagami more because she was funny
konata was funny in her own weird sense
but i liked it when both were together like a comedy duo
esp in the ova when kagami is trying to get back home or something

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha the kagami+konata friendship was a cornerstone of the anime. their relationship was really cute and nice, even though they had a lot of petty arguments.

anyway, haha, tsumugi's "bargaining" was toooo good.

mo****o koe!!! edit: <---- haha omg this was censored. mo****o!

being the sheltered rich girl, i like when she takes action and loves to "try things out." though she is the most reserved of the group, she is also perhaps the most confident. well besides ritsu's manly blazing determination lol

karthik_king

Smash Ace
So true. Thats blazing determination and slight craziness makes it so funny to watch. and the OMG your the owner's daughter was pricelss

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
anyway, haha, tsumugi's "bargaining" was toooo good.

mo****o koe!!! edit: <---- haha omg this was censored. mo****o!

being the sheltered rich girl, i like when she takes action and loves to "try things out." though she is the most reserved of the group, she is also perhaps the most confident. well besides ritsu's manly blazing determination lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Hahah, only in anime can you pull off really thick eyebrows that are darker than your blond hair. Tsumugi does it with flying colors, what a cutie.

edit: LMAO!! Nice Shadow Moth

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Sorta (okay, a lot) off topic but is that "H" supposed to be capitalized in your location, Karthik?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
that gif is too good

and I really liked the second ep, I kinda feel like the characters aren't as developed as I'd like though...we still don't know that much about them...

karthik_king

Smash Ace
lol No but i am just going to leave it like that. And Kirby its only the second ep wait for the 5th by then they should be well developed.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I'm sort of getting the impression that they are trying to go through each character one at a time. The first one would've just been introductory and the second episode seems more focused on Yui. By that logic, we should know the characters fairly well by the end of the fifth episode. Post count +1 (yes really).

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
I'm sort of getting the impression that they are trying to go through each character one at a time. The first one would've just been introductory and the second episode seems more focused on Yui. By that logic, we should know the characters fairly well by the end of the fifth episode. Post count +1 (yes really).
no i think its mostly focused on Yui because she is the main character. we will probably be introduced to the other characters with small things here and there. like showing mio is shy and knowing that tsumugi is a rich girl. not much is known on ritsu atm imo.

btw nice post count +1

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Yui isn't the only main character. They are all the main characters. The anime is called K-On! (Keion!) because it's about the light music club (keiongaku although the characters just call it keion) as a whole, not any one member. The reason the focus is on Yui is because she is the main problem right now. She can't play the guitar even though the other members are ready to start preforming. Once she learns the guitar the focus will either shift to the band as a whole because of possible career issues/inevitable internal problems or to another member who is have some sort of individual issue.

If you're going to say that Yui is the main character because it's told mostly from her point of view then don't bother because I'll will counter by making an example of The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

And we don't really know much more about Yui than we do about any of the other characters.

And thank you for the compliment. ^_^
;; I'm the only one I know who can spit out legitamate BS at will... Post count +1

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I actually think that this show resembles Kannagi! more than Lucky Star.

Mio = Nagi
Yui = Childhood Friend (The redhead, I can't recall her name)
Mugi = Blond Chick who Never opens her eyes

Seriously, they look SO similar. Heh.

KyoAni <3

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
The quality of the animation is also very similar to Kannagi's.

Shadow Moth, I can see where you're coming from, but Yui gets the most screen time as the central figure because she is the lead guitarist, and the most unique in that she is the only one starting from scratch in learning her instrument. It's kinda like how Konata was the main character or leader, so to speak, of the four girls in Lucky Star. She got the most screen time because she was the most unique, the oldest, and a central figure that tied the girls together.

Though they are the "main" characters, that doesn't put them above the other girls in any way whatsoever. They are all equally important, but every story should have a single, unified central figure.

Top Bottom