• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So... is anyone else playing Danganronpa? I don't know if the anime's going to do it justice but the game's amazing.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i have to catch up on like everything

i totally forgot about oreimo but at least there are thise 3 eps left

forgot about samurai bride too

fell behind on maoh-sama

i only need to watch this weekend's railgun

very behind on oregairu

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i patched danganropa but i have 2 vita games queued and idk if i want to have it jump the queue

maybe ill bring it to work on thursday

also after finishing it i feel oregairu was an alright series, just a bit...unorthodox (i was going to say cringeworthy but it really isn't tbh)

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
wait you can patch games on consoles?

sorry if this is a dumb question since i haven't played console games for years

Skrlx

Smash Champion
A simple Google search yielded results that CFW means custom fimware, so install a custom firmware on whatever console/game (?) you have.

Sion

Island of Horizon
holy **** gargantia ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

i always thought chamber was pretty godlike, but the last episode definitely solidified his god tier status

2ND SEASON?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
i patched danganropa but i have 2 vita games queued and idk if i want to have it jump the queue

maybe ill bring it to work on thursday

also after finishing it i feel oregairu was an alright series, just a bit...unorthodox (i was going to say cringeworthy but it really isn't tbh)
Depends on the Vita games. If it's not something like Zero no Kiseki, have Danganronpa jump the queue.

When the anime comes out, I'm going to watch it, but I'm cautious about it. P4 The Animation director is doing the anime so who knows if it's good. So I dunno if I would recommend anyone in the thread to watch it if they're willing to play it. Along with 999, it's definitely one of those VNs where I really suggest people to try the VN out but rarely anyone reads VNs, regardless if they're good.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
disgaea 3 the main one, second being mgs2+3...i also have the jak & daxter trilogy sitting in my room somewhere but i've beaten the ps2 versions, bought it mostly for nostalgia

guess ill give it a shot then... and trails in the sky sinks even further into the black hole known as my games-to-play list... got 2 hours in and life got the better of me... sigh...

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
stab get me huke's signature and or a drawing on a drawing board/autograph board

i also want a poster from danny choo's booth by tatsuku iizuki but maybe he'll make thise available here

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I can't go to AX this year due to family troubles, which is sad since I haven't missed a year since I started attending 3 years ago. A friend of mine who's going is going to try getting my new Noizi Itou Haruhi artbook signed by her and S;G+BRS artbook signed by huke, though, which are the only two guests this year that I care for.

A poster by Iizuki Tasuku would be cool, too, I guess, since that's one of my top-20 favorite Japanese artists, but it's not a big deal since it's probably just a Mirai-related image.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
it is a mirai related image, so i'm not really making a must have

i was wanted to go to a tatsuku iizuki signing earlier when i moved but didn't have the funds to go to tokyo and purchase his new product

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, it's just that you kept typing his name "Tatsuku". And I've actually seen some artists which only had a small syllable difference in name to another artist, so who knows.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well danganronpa is pretty crazy, givin off a good 999 vibe so far

That freaking bear though...

Definitely worth losing sleep over
Yeah. I'd be a lot farther, but stuff got in the way for a bit, but I finally hit chapter 3.

This is probably one of the best VNs in terms of actual gameplay that I've played. Dunno about story since I'm still not done, but it's at least looking to be one of my favorites at the pace it's going.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So is this the poster you were talking about, Rei?

On a different subject, Free!'s ED is quite amusing, IMO. For some reason, I keep wanting to watch it. XD It's weird seeing a KyoAni show having theme songs sung by male singers.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Just finished FLCL. I liked it, but...what. It always bothers me when I watch something, and I don't fully understand it. :sadeyes:

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
So is this the poster you were talking about, Rei?

On a different subject, Free!'s ED is quite amusing, IMO. For some reason, I keep wanting to watch it. XD It's weird seeing a KyoAni show having theme songs sung by male singers.
yeah

i just saw there is a koizumi amane and koku poster also

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just finished FLCL. I liked it, but...what. It always bothers me when I watch something, and I don't fully understand it. :sadeyes:
It takes multiple rewatches. You won't get all of it a second time, but you'll notice more stuff.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I usually don't look up any VAs before reading or watching something in case of spoilers (you never know with mysteries lol). Plus it's to avoid me picking up series from just VAs. I tend to be annoyed at the people that pick things up just because a VA they like that voiced a character in another series is in it anyways. I have a feeling people picked up Danganronpa not because of word of mouth on how good the story is, but rather because Hikasa Yoko's in it...

Xyzz

Smash Champion
A good voice cast is definitely a reason for me to check out a series. Not to watch it, but I check out stuff for the worst reasons ever anyways (e.g. JJBA mostly because ZUN likes the series), so why not just because of a cast? :D
Well, I don't ever feel committed to finish something, so if it turns out to not fit my taste, then I'll just drop it, no harm done.

For this season I decided to just catch up on the things I want to finish from last season and wait for what most people will recommend a few episodes in, and then just check out those. Too busy with tons of other stuff (I wish I had the option to use unlimited parallelism :D)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Again on what I'm watching

Danganronpa - Interested on seeing the adaptation. Expecting it to be super (duper) condensed.
Rozen Maiden - Been reading RM, so why not
Monogatari 2nd Season - Obv going to watch
TWGOK - PC said they're skipping chapters which is a shame, but oh well
Gin no Saji - Reading the original, so I'll check out the adaptation
Neptunia - low low expectations
Gatchaman Crowds - Really interested on how it turns out. Casshern remake was definitely different and Crowds will be an interesting take on the franchise of Gatchaman
KNIM - Sounds like they're skipping the first arc from the sounds of it. Already making me rage albeit in a different way

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Double post and I don't care but

lol Nisekoi anime done by Shaft and directed by Shinbou. Shaft's gonna have a field day on some the facial expressions from that series.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
when i heard it was gonna be done by shaft i was... bemused i guess

I have a feeling people picked up Danganronpa not because of word of mouth on how good the story is, but rather because Hikasa Yoko's in it...
i did notice this but

im a chiwa saito man

forever and ever

also, the voice cast was listed in the op movie, which is the only reason i know them

Minato

穏やかじゃない
when i heard it was gonna be done by shaft i was... bemused i guess
I can picture Nisekoi with head tilts and overexaggerated background images already.
also, the voice cast was listed in the op movie, which is the only reason i know them
Totally forgot about that.

And Chiwa Saito's great and all but it's not like she's voicing Kirigiri or anything like that. :p

G U R U

Smash Lord
Anyone watch Free! yet? XD

Honestly if there's actually swimming competitions and races it will be cool. But if they just pull a K-ON and make it cute boys doing nothing with swimming backdrop then it will be bad.

Top Bottom