• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ok i downloaded it :) imma watch

haha wow yui's seiyuu is quite skilled with that raspy lost voice

LMAO what's with the random SATEN signs

edit: ahhhh **** that episode was too good lol

ritsu's introductions were so funny

pantsu
AHAHAHAHAHA

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i can respond now!!!!
done with midterms!!!!
this episode was amazing
haha nice bowl

haha the pv in their school concert reminded me of L'Arc~en~Ciel's Driver's High music video

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Since episode 7 is about a holiday, I can't watch it till that holiday come's. XD

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/omnYoBkXJvs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/omnYoBkXJvs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

just cuz

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Who can figure out where Steel's custom title is from? I did. If you can't figure it out than you need moar (Spoiler for hint):
KEY!!!!!!!

@Steel: That video will always win.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Oh no Steel is a moderator the world is doomed.
Anyone will be doomed if they post stupid on the board that Steel2nd is modding. D=

I have now got the DVD of Kanon... and I am going... to watch it. O_o

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It really depends on what company dubs any anime.

Great Dubs:

Viz Media
Funimation

Good Dubs:

Bandai
Geneon
ADV

Bad Dubs:

Ocean
4Kids

So far Kanon is dubbed by FUNimation which is consider one of the best dubbers out there. Don't worry, I'll watch both subs and dubs.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

Well I usually shun dubs, just .... how it is for me I guess. Probably cuz I have bad experiences from bad dubs. But fawk dubs :bee:

I'd rather eat sweet potatoes.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, now Steel is required to have red as his name's color... No more of him talking about his cyan name that isn't actually cyan... But which boards is he modding, anyway?

But, to get on track, yeah, I totally agree with Nayuki being more adorable in Japanese, except for the multiplicity used...it's much more than four... Kanon's dub, IMO, isn't as bad as some others I've seem in the same genre, but it's still not that great. Watch it subbed, all the way!

And FUNimation DID NOT dub Kanon. ADV did. FUNimation just aquired the licensing rights, recently, after ADV lost them.

PS: I wish I had the ability to add alarm clock rings as my title...

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G_CAYjjWmfY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G_CAYjjWmfY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

that's an incredibly annoying dub imo

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
And FUNimation DID NOT dub Kanon. ADV did. FUNimation just aquired the licensing rights, recently, after ADV lost them.
Oooh, that's why it seem so different. Thanks for clearing that for me, because I was lost in mind. XP

ADV is alright, but not the dubs that I'm use to. I guess I have to hear both the dubs and subs of Kanon.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
ya dubs are usually terrible and just wondering but who the **** are Ocean?
exactly.
ya right now the anime industry is getting diminished because of fans like us lol
i actually wrote a paper on this topic for my writing class lol......

i like DVD releases only for the video quality and extras and always watch subs

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I also started to notice how most anime industry are just posting DVD's of the anime instead of just showing them on TV like they did in the past then sell DVD's of them. I haven't seen a single dub I like on TV since 2006 maybe except for Afro Samurai. ♥

G U R U

Smash Lord
Anime is meant to be in japanese, plain and simple. A lot of the subtleties get lost when converted to english and it makes it just sound weird and awkword.

Example: In the Haruhi dub, for some reason they decided to change "Time Traveler" to "Future Men." Like seriously, that is a terrible translation. Who says future men?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL Yeah, that's one of the things that annoyed me the most in the official Haruhi subs. They translated everything too literal. Since with 未来人(miraijin), mirai means future and jin means a person (of the preceding word), they translated it quite literally, making it just sound awkward. This happens occasionally with other stuff as well throughout the series. That's why I'm never going to watch the official subs ever again. (Luckily, I like the English dub a lot [but the Japanese dub is sooo amazing that it's still better] so the DVDs aren't a complete waste.)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The art work of this... there must be a wallpaper of this somewhere and I'm going to make it my current one. =D

Top Bottom