• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
i'm sure you've had this discussion before, but who are your favorite clannad characters? I think I remember reading a lot of bad comments about nagisa haha.

G U R U

Smash Lord
i'm sure you've had this discussion before, but who are your favorite clannad characters? I think I remember reading a lot of bad comments about nagisa haha.
basically its...

Kyou > Tomoyo > Everyone Else >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nagisa

for me anyway. I know some people like Tomoyo better. However Purple hair > Grey hair :chuckle:

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
basically its...

Kyou > Tomoyo > Everyone Else >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nagisa

for me anyway. I know some people like Tomoyo better. However Purple hair > Grey hair :chuckle:
here's my list:

KOTOMI > Kyou > Tomoyo > Fuko > Ryou > Nagisa

I can't really find a place for Okazaki and Youhei. Youhei is always fun to watch and Okazaki, well, I don't know. But I can't say I dislike him or anything :S

These opinions are based on what i've seen from season 1. I haven't seen after story yet. Which reminds me, can somebody explain to me what After Story really is about? Does it continue off from
okazaki's new relationship with nagisa
or something?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
yes it does

my list is

tomoyo > kyou > misae > kotomi >
ushio
> fuuko > nagisa > ryou

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Now that I remember, Tomoyo and Kyou both had very memorable entrances haha. I'm also glad I mentioned that I haven't seen after story yet cause I'm assuming the name in the spoiler tag is a character from after story. I would of been like "Huh? Who is this character?", *searches clannad character wiki page* and that wouldn't have been good ^_^'

But interesting that you added Misae on your list. Care to explain why? I think I recall misae being a really minor character unless i'm missing something here. Might be me but I found Ryou more likeable than Nagisa. I had a weird evolution towards how I felt with Nagisa. I liked Nagisa in the beginning and by the end of season 1, I wanted
Okazaki to get with somebody else other than Nagisa. Like when Kyou was pushing Ryou closer towards Okazaki, I was cheering for Ryou!

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
well i liked her part of the story but it's shown during after story lol

plus i like her personality

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
How does one get the name of their favorite character wrong?
oh LMAO. Sorry, it's kotomi. To be honest, i'm pretty tired right now and I wasn't really thinking clearly.

Thanks for catching it, though.

Now that we're on the subject of names, any particular reason why you write fuko with two U's, Rei?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
it's really nitpicky to complain about extra u's or not (imho), but writing it with two u's keeps in the spirit of how it's actually pronounced, which is kinda the point of romanizations methinks

basically the extra u means you hold the u syllable a bit longer. in normal conversation it's very subtle though (like any spoken language actually follows its written partner rofl)

from what i've observed it happens a lot when a wild youon appears (Ryougi, Ryuu, Ryouko, Kyou etc.)

also on the top of my head, omedeto/omedetou (short for congrats) is also actually spelled either way. in conversation the difference is almost impossible to distinguish (or maybe i'm really deaf most of the time)

oh yeah

eyebrows of steel

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
basically what vietgeek explained with the "u" after an "o" or "u" means it a syllable extender

like in romanization you sometimes see "ū" or "ō", which means "uu" or "ou", respectively

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
it's really nitpicky to complain about extra u's or not (imho), but writing it with two u's keeps in the spirit of how it's actually pronounced, which is kinda the point of romanizations methinks

basically the extra u means you hold the u syllable a bit longer. in normal conversation it's very subtle though (like any spoken language actually follows its written partner rofl)

from what i've observed it happens a lot when a wild youon appears (Ryougi, Ryuu, Ryouko, Kyou etc.)

also on the top of my head, omedeto/omedetou (short for congrats) is also actually spelled either way. in conversation the difference is almost impossible to distinguish (or maybe i'm really deaf most of the time)

oh yeah

eyebrows of steel
Oh I see. Well, I wasn't really complaining but was just more curious than anything :)

This thread has pretty much become the "Basics of Japanese Pronunciation Thread"... :chuckle:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279382

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
It's something I plan to watch eventually...

Also, LOL @ IHSB's vandalism... :chuckle:
Ya same. I'll watch it eventually. It does intrigue me quite a bit.
Bokurano is on the list of animes that I can never rewatch.

List:
School Days.
Bokurano.

Never again. It was too much IMO. I loved every second of it though! I plan on finishing the manga because it's like 10x more darker.

The op and eds are so perfect for the show.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
this came up in my visualarts subscription on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8AUzyrfMPs

enjoy
Bleh...
I loaded parts of this late at night, then I thought, "I'm too tired; I'll watch it after waking up..."
Then I find out it's already taken down... Oh well...

The op and eds are so perfect for the show.
Yeah, I really like Uninstall. I immediately loved the song when I heard it in the Nico Nico Douga Medley that I immediately had to get the full version.

G U R U

Smash Lord
KEY FANS ASSEMBLE!!!!!

Watched Ep16 of K-ON! I really liked this episode.
I had forgotten how cute Azusa is and this ep just reconfirmed why she's my second favorite K-ON girl. It was hilarious when she couldn't get anything done with both Mugi and Mio two days in a row and then she walks in on Yui and I was like"If you can't get anything done with Mugi and Mio, you're DEFINITELY not going to get anything done with Yui" :laugh: But then they actually did do some music stuff so that surprised me.

NEKO-MIMI FANS ASSEMBLE!!!!!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Sion - Sure, but if we're gonna play for the most amazing purple haired anime girl. We have to use tags of other purple haired anime girls.

......................Or Yui.

Dibs on Yui tag btw.

Sion

Island of Horizon
fffffffffff-

i was totally gonna take the yui tag.

does sion count as a purple haired anime girl? haha

lol rei.

Top Bottom