• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Bandai is releasing the S2 DVD boxset on August 17, retailing for $65. RightStuf is currently having a Bandai sale, so you can pre-order it there for a potential price of $35 if you also have a membership ($39 without the membership).
And only wanting DVDs, huh... I guess some people are still behind on the technology, but eventually DVDs would become like what the VHS came to be, so I'm starting as soon as I can and am starting to get BD instead of DVD in instances where I can.
I'm actually very seriously thinking about importing the BD release of Haruhi.
Even with RightStuf, why would you pay $35 for 6 episodes? :confused:

I'm in Colorado, so I'm not really able to watch any anime right now. I really, really, want to start HSOTD, but I can't watch it here. :urg:

Btw, here's the template for my custom art for my new arcade stick:

I'll print it out this week.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Maybe. :p

I was considering buying the Shinji Ikari raising project manga, but then I saw that it's like ten bucks a volume. XD

-flcl template was ignored-
I have all but volume 4. I plan on picking it up at Otakon this year because I am too lazy to order it from borders lol.

Watch episode 1!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Even with RightStuf, why would you pay $35 for 6 episodes?
Ha...ha...ha... E8 episodes don't count... I personally think at least 2 if them counts, but that's irrelevant.

But thinking your way, why buy them at all when you can just get everything free, RIGHT?!?!?!

For another take at it. I'm still only paying about $6 per episode following your numbers. Maybe you should go to 2ch or something and ask why they pay $60 per episode on DVDs sometimes.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ha...ha...ha...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc
Sorry, but this was the first thing that came to mind.

But thinking your way, why buy them at all when you can just get everything free, RIGHT?!?!?!
Don't jump to conclusions. Just because he said buying season 2 of Haruhi is expensive doesn't mean Werekill is suggesting to never buy anime and just download everything.
Maybe you should go to 2ch or something and ask why they pay $60 per episode on DVDs sometimes.
Even if he did that and got an answer, that wouldn't solve anything lol.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Well, I finished Clannad season 1. I think i'm gonna finish season 2 (after story) tomorrow. Oh, and yeah, I've been watching it all nonstop heh.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Minato, do you find it a hobby to defend other people from my comment for them? Because you seem to do it a lot. Let them do it themselves if they care enough to...

I was just offended that he found me buying my favorite series to be a waste of money. I don't go around questioning other people's purchases unless they could have easily gotten it elsewhere for much cheaper.

Anyway, I've made up my mind; I'm going to buy the Haruhi BD boxset for $350, since I recently got an extra $400.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I was just offended that he found me buying my favorite series to be a waste of money. I don't go around questioning other people's purchases unless they could have easily gotten it elsewhere for much cheaper.
What do you think about the phrase "get a life"?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Minato, do you find it a hobby to defend other people from my comment for them? Because you seem to do it a lot. Let them do it themselves if they care enough to...
Yes, I do that a lot (it certainly isn't a hobby though). Probably because I've been in situations where I wished someone would have helped back me up in the past. But that's besides the point, and it isn't the same thing that's going on here.
You should've said that in the first place. I just think you jumped the gun and took it as an attack.:(
For all you know, it could've been a joke or a legitimate question. Well, maybe not a legitimate question since you're pretty much undisputed number 1 Haruhi fan in the thread. XD

Anyway, I've made up my mind; I'm going to buy the Haruhi BD boxset for $350, since I recently got an extra $400.
I got 20 dollars from Jury Duty...
Unfortunately it costed more to get there and back...

LOL

I was just listening to FFX music. Now I wanna play it again. Not because of that clip though. That clip can go to hell.
LOL I like how the Japanese voice for Tidus is Ichigo's.
His laugh sounds pretty messed up as well. :laugh:

What do you think about the phrase "get a life"?
Don't... Just don't. :laugh:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
i say it with a "hard" g

and clannad as "clan" "nad"

i dunno lol
Your taking Japanese, right?
Anyone who has knowledge of how katakana works should have no doubt as to how to pronounce these two words. (I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, it's just that you should have been more sure of yourself and state it as a fact. :))

The titles of both series has the katakana right in their respective OP sequences (albeit EVA's OP has a hard to read font)...
Evangelion = エヴァンゲリオン
Clannad = クラナド

So with that, the second pronunciation in the following is technically wrong:

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'm not going to be an ******* and correct ppl on their pronunciations lol

i've saw evangelion like 7 years ago

so i didn't take japanese back then

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
they say it different in the series dub and the end of evangelion dub iirc

Minato

穏やかじゃない
they say it different in the series dub and the end of evangelion dub iirc
I swear they only said it with a hard g twice in the series, and once when Misato says it in the movie.
Other than that, all I heard was it being pronounced with a soft g.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i haven't seen it in english since hs

so i wouldn't know that's why i put "iirc" which i guess i didn't

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I use the 1.11 Evangelion version of Evangelion.

When Ritsuko was introducing Shinji to 01.
I haven't seen the dub for 1.11, so I don't know how they pronounced it in there.
I pronounce it with a soft g btw.

wait, new code geass manga? someone give me details.
Oh, I didn't see this post. But it's one of the new CG projects they announced.
Renya of the Blackness (lol) is the manga http://myanimelist.net/manga/17311/Code_Geass:_Renya_of_the_Blackness

I think the other project is an anime. Not sure if it's an OVA or an actually season.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Ha...ha...ha... E8 episodes don't count... I personally think at least 2 if them counts, but that's irrelevant.

For another take at it. I'm still only paying about $6 per episode following your numbers. Maybe you should go to 2ch or something and ask why they pay $60 per episode on DVDs sometimes.
Argumentz
...I was just making a joke about Endless 8. :laugh:

I don't really think that you're wasting your money, but I'm not going to buy it any time soon. I'll probably buy it later for collection purposes after I get the movie on DVD or Bluray. If I like a series, I'll rush to buy it, but if I don't really like it, I wait to get it.

I usually pronounce Evangelion as Evan-Gel like Jello-ion, but can it also be pronounced as Evan-Gel as in miGuel-ion?

Related:

Top Bottom